• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate the Xbox Tokyo Gamer Showcase

How do you rate the Xbox Showcase on September 26?

• A

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • B

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • C

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • D

Votes: 36 20.7%
  • E

Votes: 34 19.5%
  • F

Votes: 40 23.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Draugoth

Gold Member
Rate it.

Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater Opens the Xbox Broadcast​

IGN's Twenty Questions - Guess the game!​

Can you guess the video game?
Try to guess the game in 20 questions or less!

To start:
...try asking a question that can be answered with a "Yes" or "No".
000/250
A new trailer for Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater (the wee Δ is pronounced Delta) opened the Xbox Tokyo Game Show 2024 Broadcast.

Focusing on the game's baddies, the trailer gave fans a good look at the likes of Revolver Ocelot, Colonel Volgin, the Boss, and more.

My Hero Academia Is Coming to Overwatch 2​

Popular anime My Hero Academia is aptly collaborating with hero shooter Overwatch 2 for skins based on the likes of All Might and Deku.

Age of Mythology Retold: Immortal Pillars Announced​

undefined
An expansion for simulation game Age of Mythology Retold was announced, called Immortal Pillars.

Xbox debuted a trailer for the downloadable content, and made clear it is coming to Xbox Game Pass day one.

Starcraft Remastered and Starcraft 2 Coming to Game Pass​

undefined
Xbox boss Phil Spencer spoke at the Tokyo Game Show 2024 Broadcast to discuss upcoming projects, and while wearing a Starcraft shirt, announced that both Starcraft Remastered and Starcraft 2 are coming to Xbox Game Pass.

Indiana Jones and the Great Circle Gets New Trailer​

One of Microsoft's big titles coming soon, indiana Jones and the Great Circle received some love during the broadcast with a new trailer showing both cinematics and gameplay.

Super Cute Tanuki: Pon's Summer Coming from Xbox​

undefined
Xbox unveiled a super cutegame called Tanuki: Pon's Summer at the Tokyo Game Show broadcast, alongside a reveal trailer showcasing its gameplay.

Threads of Time Gets New Trailer​

undefined
Another take on the HD-2D concept coined by Square Enix, Threads of Time is an upcoming role-playing game that received a new trailer at the Xbox showcase.

We Love Katamari Coming to Xbox Today​

Roll 'em up We Love Katamari Reroll + Royal Reverie is available today on Xbox, Microsoft announced during the Tokyo Game Show broadcast.

Hero Shooter FragPunk Gets Closed Beta in October​

Xbox announced that players can now sign up for the closed beta of hero shooter FragPunk ahead of its October 10 release.

Metaphor ReFantazio Gets New Trailer​

undefined
Highly anticipated role-playing game Metaphor ReFantazio received a new trailer during the broadcast, showing off some of the killer moves players can perform against gargantuan baddies.

Atelier Yumia Arrives March 2025​

undefined
Atelier Yumia received not only a gameplay deep dive during the broadcast but also a release date. The game launches on March 21, 2025.

Asurajang Rumble Gets New Trailer​

undefined
Melee focused anime battle royale Asurajang Rumble got a new trailer during the broadcast, showing off its myriad wild and wacky characters.

Bleach Rebirth of Souls Gets New Traailer​

undefined
Highly anticipated fighting game Bleach Rebirth of Souls received a new trailer at the Xbox Tokyo Game Show Broacast.

Synduality: Echo of Ada Launches January 2025​

undefined
Xbox revealed the release date for Synduality: Echoe of Ada at the Tokyo Game Show broadcast, alongside myriad editions and preorder bonuses players can expect.

Furry Friends Are Coming to Fallout 76​

undefined
Xbox has announced that players can soon have their very own furry friends in the wasteland as cats and dogs are coming to Fallout 76.

Suikoden 1 and 2 Remastered Gets Gameplay Comparison​

undefined
The developers of Suikoden 1 and 2 Remastered revealed new gameplay for the collection which included a side by side look at the games then and now.

All You Need Is Help Is a Game About Weird... Tetris... Animals..?​

undefined
Taking the cake for strangest game debuted during the showcase, All You Need Is Help is about weird tetris looking animals doing weird things!

Slitterhead Gets Deep Dive​

undefined
Silent hill creator Keiichiro Toyama spoke during the Xbox broadcast to offer a deep dive into his new horror game Slitterhead.

The Starbites: Taste of Desert Gets New Trailer​

undefined
Wild and wacky The Starbites: Taste of Desert got a new trailer during the showcase that showed off its colorful anime mech gameplay.

Dragon Quest 3 HD-2D Remake Gets Deep Dive​

undefined
Square Enix appeared during the Xbox showcase to show off its upcoming Dragon Quest 3: HD-2D Remake.

Mana Games Coming to Xbox​

undefined
Microsoft has announced that Mana games new and old are coming to the Xbox platform.

Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster Series Now Available on Xbox​

undefined
The collection of six Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster games is coming to Xbox today, Microsoft announced.

Last edited:
giphy.webp

Nearly as enjoyable as Sony's recent state of play (Ghost of Yotei saved Sony's state of play for me) but the MS event had some interesting 3rd party titles.
So i would give it a C.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
D for Decent, showed some cool stuff and that JRPG about time travel looks cool.

Reactions: Isa

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I voted "B", because they didn't spend too much time on stuff that we already knew about (and the things we did, like Yumia and Dragon Quest III, they showed new things). Spent less than 60 seconds on Starfield and Call of Duty. Fallout 76 they talked about cats. Most of the stuff shown might have actually been something people in Japan would look forward to.

acm2000

D, only good things were starcraft 1 and 2 to game pass and new indi trailer, rest of the Japanese crap is of zero interest to me :messenger_grinning_sweat:

StueyDuck

for a TGS showcase and what one should ultimately expect from these it was a B.

as a showing overall, it's pretty average, but again this is TGS.

ungalo

Can't rate it. There are interesting bits but it's basically a third party show where half the announcements are already released on other platform for many years. You can't rate it like you would rate State of Play or Nintendo Direct.

Last edited:
Can't rate it. There are interesting bits but it's basically a third party show where half the announcements are already released on other platform for many years. You can't rate it like you would rate State of Play or Nintendo Direct.

That’s what they themselves are becoming, a third party show. They can talk about hardware all they like, it’s the same boring routine over and over with the same people who got them here in the first place.

Z O N E

Solid C for me. Didn't go into it expecting anything.

Obviously I'm excited for MGS Delta and Indiana Jones, but I've seen enough of those already, I just want them now.

That Help Me game looks pretty fun to play with some friends.

I enjoyed a lot of the games shown so, not bad.

FeralEcho

I just don’t get posts like this. How is it in shambles?
Lack of exciting new game ips compared to any other generation,"remaster and remake everything",expensive hardware and practices that prey on the consumer while pushing digital and mtxs,subscription services everywhere,massive diminishing returns in terms of graphical advances while having double or triple the development time as the previous generations,games as a service,broken releases,woke writing bordering on indoctrination...I could go on and on....

If you enjoy this stuff then more power for you but for me this is a shit state of the industry and I've been gaming since the early 90's.

You don't have to get "it" as it's an opinion,you can agree to disagree and move on but it's not some scooby doo mistery why some of us feel like this.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
Pixel Remasters saved it from F, so it's a solid D. This presentation could've been a blogpost, in all honesty.

Jez and Warren with their hyperinflated expectations can pound sand though. Again.

Reactions: Isa

Ashamam

That was a solid E, thats a fail. Would give more points for Indy but its been shown so often now there is no impact left. Also Phil needs to get a new wardrobe, looks under dressed for Japan. Sarah presented well, they should sub her in for all of Phils future events.

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
Also Phil needs to get a new wardrobe, looks under dressed for Japan. Sarah presented well, they should sub her in for all of Phils future events.
Are you the new gaf expert on Japanese culture? Does Phil need to show repentance? IYKYK

Last edited:

Ashamam

Are you the new gaf expert on Japanese culture? Does Phil need to show repentance? IYKYK
shrug... Jeans and a fitted jacket would have been more appropriate, he looks like a slob. Yes this is just my opinion, feel free to disagree.

Last edited:

Stafford

Nice to have Trials of Mana on GP.

But just silly at this point that FF16 still hasn't been announced. Even if it wasn't to release this year, announce it already. Meh.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Lack of exciting new game ips compared to any other generation,"remaster and remake everything",expensive hardware and practices that prey on the consumer while pushing digital and mtxs,subscription services everywhere,massive diminishing returns in terms of graphical advances while having double or triple the development time as the previous generations,games as a service,broken releases,woke writing bordering on indoctrination...I could go on and on....

If you enjoy this stuff then more power for you but for me this is a shit state of the industry and I've been gaming since the early 90's.

You don't have to get "it" as it's an opinion,you can agree to disagree and move on but it's not some scooby doo mistery why some of us feel like this.
Theres critique and then there’s hyperbole.

As for how long you’ve been gaming, I’ve been in it since the early 80s, vividly remember the crash of the time, and certainly don’t see this “shambles“ you speak of today.

Practices that I don’t like? Sure. Console prices? I lived through the 90s and owned a 3DO. Cartridges were also $70+ a pop. I “get it”, while still not feeling like things are in shambles.

Top Bottom