• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends delayed to Q1 2013 worldwide

jooso

Well, fuck. Disappointed in the delay but the end of the year is already rather full for me.

Wii U launch looking even more empty that it already was

Dorfdad

Gold Member
What this means is they probably read all the hate threads about murphy being a main part of the title and decided to change a few levels and or make murphy less of the game and needed the time to fix before they killed the franchise!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Yup- this is to somewhat escape the 2D Mario monster.

Yagharek

Looks like typical Ubisoft fiscal quarter shifts.

They do this every year and already have several big releases soon, so this is no surprise at all.

masud

Banned
Would have been over looked anyway.

Rayman 2 is in my top 10 of all time but I've never enjoyed a 2d Rayman game...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
NOOOOOOOOOOOO

This was the launch game I looked forward to most :(

Hopefully they're retooling it to make sure single-player levels are like normal.

MrT-Tar

To be brutally honest, I was concerned about this game launching alongside NSMBU. Also to look on the bright side, this has made my decision on what games to buy at launch much easer.

What this means is they probably read all the hate threads about murphy being a main part of the title and decided to change a few levels and or make murphy less of the game and needed the time to fix before they killed the franchise!
Hope so, but I don't know if a couple of months is enough to do this. I'm really excited for this game but my wallet is really empty this season with the WiiU launch and the next Steam sale, so this change is good for me.

Aww shucks :(. This was one of my biggest anticipated launch window games. Guess Zombi U and NSMBU will have to suffice for now

BY2K

Membero Americo
I'm not sure this has anything to do with the NFC. Ubisoft just doesn't want to go up against NSMBU in Europe on launch day.

This is purely strategic.

Good. There was no reason to go up against NSMBU.

I think they could've benefited. Those who like NSMBU and want more would've been eyeing Rayman Legends next.

But, since few people will be owning Wii U's this year, a release next year can still work out well. Besides, with whatever the truth of singleplayer is, with this time they need to make sure single player works with Rayman, and not have us playing Murphy with Rayman on auto pilot.

I'm looking forward to this game. I might wait next year for Wii U and pick this up with NSMB. U and Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate. Now that is one fantastic list of games to pick up with a system. MonHun would dominate my game time online, with Mario and Ray for local play. I guess I might own Nintendo Land too since the black bundle seems like the better deal.

Demoli

Makes sense, going up against NSMBU would be a massacre. I'll probably only buy a WiiU when Pikmin or MunHun arrive, so i'm at no loss here, but its one less launch line up game.

Meier

That's a shame. I watched some folks playing it at a Wii U Experience event and it looked fantastic. Appeared done more or less..

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
My most wanted launch title, right next to NSMBU - with Rayman Legends clearly edging out Mario on the multiplayer-side. I'm really sad about this, but I hope it's for the better of the quality of the game (which already seemed sublime at Gamescom) and the sales of the game.

tkscz

Basically they did not want to go up against Mario this holiday season.

Don't blame them honestly.

This. Though I hope they take the time to make it either play as Rayman more than Murphy (Why make this game basically an iOS game?) or make it even. I'd rather have the option to play as Rayman all the way through though.

People saying they wont get a Wii U now are silly. Pick up your pre-order and then sell it on Craigslist for double. Obviously it's just an assumption, but I'm guessing Nintendo wont be able to ship many so demand will be high.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
People saying they wont get a Wii U now are silly. Pick up your pre-order and then sell it on Craigslist for double. Obviously it's just an assumption, but I'm guessing Nintendo wont be able to ship many so demand will be high.

Or, instead of screwing people over, they could leave it for someone who possibly wants one at retail price. Keep that flipping crap at Slickdeals/Fatwallet where people take joy in screwing over fellow humanity.

Effect

This. Though I hope they take the time to make it either play as Rayman more than Murphy (Why make this game basically an iOS game?) or make it even. I'd rather have the option to play as Rayman all the way through though.

There is also this. Originally it was said you spent a lot of time as Murphy but then it was changed that the majority of the time was spent as Rayman or other characters (meaning you can pick). Perhaps they are taking the time to escape from Mario and rework the game so there is more Rayman after the negative feedback after it got out you'd be playing as Murphy a lot. Though I think it's more likely as said before they wanted to get out of the way of Mario.

Even if those that wanted NSMBU were interested in Rayman Legends they wouldn't buy them at the same time. Even of Rayman seems like the better game, Mario is Mario. By the time they go around to it the game would seem old and would get buried under new releases. Better to wait and put it out later so it can have the stage to itself after the holidays.

MicH

Delayed to fine tune (as in turn down) the Murphy centric levels? Please be so.

Would have waited to get this anyway - probably not getting it until it drops in price.

JordanKZ

Or, instead of screwing people over, they could leave it for someone who possibly wants one at retail price. Keep that flipping crap at Slickdeals/Fatwallet where people take joy in screwing over fellow humanity.

I couldn't agree more with Plinko on this one. It's a sickening practise.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Maybe Ubisoft should make a deal with Nintendo to include a Rayman Legends demo in NSMBU - more value for NSMBU and great advertising for the most promising exclusive third party game the Wii U has coming...

Micerider

Sad, as it was my most expect Wii U game for launch. But glad, because NSMBU will already be enough to stench my 2D plateformer thirst.

LaneDS

Bah, was really looking forward to playing through this co-op with family around the holiday, oh well. Wii U likely to collect dust until this and Pikmin hit (haven't been able to enjoy the NSMB titles for the most part, but will pick it up mostly due to wanting something for the new system and hoping that game breaks the trend for me).

jaypah

So was the press just sitting on this info until they got the green light or something? Because I'm pretty sure they mentioned this game being delayed until 2013 on the last giant bombcast and since i hadn't heard anything i just assumed they had their facts wrong. It was the segment where they talked about the WiiU launch details.

Wasn't it already stated that the whole Rayman - Murphy imbalance was misinterpreted and it was mostly Rayman? I thought so, I but maybe I'm mistaken.

Foshy

Maybe it's delayed because they suddenly decided they want to make it multiplat?

Reverse Bayonetta betrayalton.

While disappointing, it's nice that Ubisoft wants to space it out a bit so it does not get lost in the launch shuffle. But this still strikes me as a pre-cert failure.

I am happy to hear this, as I was dubious that they'd had enough time to create a platformer as good as if not better than Origins.

NSMBU will do the trick for now, I am sure.

pvpness

Smart move. Next to NSMBU this game would have lost. Now I can pick it up in Jan instead of not picking it up in Nov.

megamerican

Smart move. Next to NSMBU this game would have lost. Now I can pick it up in Jan instead of not picking it up in Nov.

I think it's a dumb move. Even if it gets steamrolled in the short term by NSMB, it will still be around by the time people want something new. And it will likely be at a better price by then as well. Missing out on the launch hype is a mistake.

They should put the convention show demos on the console or on the eShop -- it was by far, and I mean BY FAR - amongst the most fun I had at Eurogamer on Wii-U. I absolutely loved it. Wonderful 101 was great too... but people have to know, and know early, how good this is.

I'm all for spit and polish to make a great game greater, but it NEEDS a demo.

Hell I think they should preinstall all these demos:

420887_188772371247806_142377432_n.jpg

Top Bottom