• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall | Review Thread

What score do you think Redfall will get?

• 0 -10%

Votes: 8 1.3%
  • 10-20%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 20-30%

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 30-40%

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • 40-50%

Votes: 27 4.5%
  • 50-60%

Votes: 81 13.4%
  • 60-70%

Votes: 239 39.6%
  • 70-80%

Votes: 173 28.7%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 44 7.3%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 11 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

drotahorror

11pm EST May 1 review embargo? Wtf kind of time is that? Games with on release date review embargo's are a massive red flag.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Which Xbox game was I supposed to tear apart then?

If you're saying Redfall, you might wait for me to try it first.
If they didn't buy Bethesda and Tango that were already years into development with these once third party games, what Xbox games would you be playing this year and last? That puts emphasis on the problem with the productivity from their legacy studios and IPs.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Damnnnnnnnnnnn

Oh My Wow GIF by Disney+

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
If they didn't buy Bethesda and Tango that were already years into development with these once third party games, what Xbox games would you be playing this year and last? That puts emphasis on the problem with the productivity from their legacy studios and IPs.
Yeah, they basically have no 1st party during Xbox One era. Everyone called them out on this. Acquisitions is a response to tons of people calling them out non-stop. Everyone knows this. Everyone called this out.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yeah, they basically have no 1st party during Xbox One era. Everyone called them out on this. Acquisitions is a response to tons of people calling them out non-stop. Everyone knows this. Everyone called this out.
And that is not a sound and healthy answer to their problems for the industry. "We fail, so we shall buy third parties and play takeaway." You gained NOTHING that would not have already been there as 3rd party. It's all a fanatical illusion.

Last edited:

Tg89

This is where these guys heads are at though, "the financial calculation has changed" You can consume trash because it's free, lets fucking go. Just turn off your brain and consume" It's the netflix mentality making its way into videogames.
Yeah I fucking hate this.

Time is far more finite than money. I ain't wasting my time on trash when there's so many good games out there that I barely have time to play as it is.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
The example itself is not as important as the state of mind. Mindlessly attacking something is just as bad as mindlessly defending it.
You can't give even a single game as an example. No one is mindlessly defending Xbox and failing to criticize. Even Halo Infinite got torn to shreds by Halo fans, and I think it's one of the best FPS controls I've ever played.

You can't name even a single game that wasn't called out. No one is giving them a free pass.

Varteras

You can't give even a single game as an example. No one is mindlessly defending Xbox and failing to criticize. Even Halo Infinite got torn to shreds by Halo fans, and I think it's one of the best FPS controls I've ever played.

You can't name even a single game that wasn't called out. No one is giving them a free pass.

I'm talking about the state of mind of a fanbase. Giving Microsoft credit for a well received game that was in development when they bought it but washing their hands of a game that is bad.

bender

What time is it?
If ACG says it's bad, then I believe it's bad. What the hell has MS been doing this entire time with this studio and dev team?

There is a reason Zenimax was available to be acquired in the first place. I'm not trying to give Microsoft a pass but it's reasonable for them to let studio's complete the projects they were on pre-acquisition.

i got the full video but couldn't upload all of it here is the start

Identity crisis: The game. Two opposing design philosophy trying to appeal to everyone ended up pleasing no one. Lets coop and shoot shit up DOES not mix well with the thinking man fps no matter what the marketing tells you.

Nydius

Please keep this dumb shit to your acquisitions thread.
He's not wrong, so maybe keep your "dumb shit" comments to yourself.

Microsoft's acquisition spree has yet to pan out on any level. Hi-Fi Rush has been the only surprise positive of the Bethesda acquisition thus far, with emphasis on surprise. All of their big named and super hyped exclusives are either in development hell or keep getting delayed. Redfall and Starfield were well into development before they even acquired Bethesda. They didn't acquire Ninja Theory until after the first Hellblade.

They've gone on a buying spree and have almost nothing to show for it that wouldn't have already existed had they not bought them in the first place. Buying up third parties to wall them off as new first party exclusives is a shitty move that doesn't solve the underlying problem of piss poor management that has plagued Microsoft Game Studios for twenty years.

Last edited:

XesqueVara

There is a reason Zenimax was available to be acquired in the first place. I'm not trying to give Microsoft a pass but it's reasonable for them to let studio's complete the projects they were on pre-acquisition.
Shit was being worked since 2017, would be retarded to cancel the project...just launch it, and move to the next thing.

It just seems like purchasing devs and companies in this day and age is an unworthy endeavor. These games take forever and a day to make now, and the acquisitions and legality processes take up too much time. Maybe they should just start their own in-house dev teams from the ground up, and let them have the time and resources they need to create good games instead of what MS is doing: purchasing them and thinking they can buy quality.

Basically, what Nintendo and Sony are always doing.

Top Bottom