• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall | Review Thread

What score do you think Redfall will get?

• 0 -10%

Votes: 8 1.3%
  • 10-20%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 20-30%

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 30-40%

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • 40-50%

Votes: 27 4.5%
  • 50-60%

Votes: 81 13.4%
  • 60-70%

Votes: 239 39.6%
  • 70-80%

Votes: 173 28.7%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 44 7.3%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 11 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Varteras

Yeah they post nudes of their heroes.
Want to see Abby’s tits?
always-sunny-in-philadelphia-naked-pics-online.gif

Zheph

I feel like this is gonna be one of those games where gamers go absolutely mental and make the biggest deal about it being the worst thing ever of all time...

Then you actually play it with a couple of friends and it's like 🤷‍♂️... I'm having fun. Not sure why I should be so mad.

Kinda kinda like Gotham knights last year.
Playing with friends tends to make things funnier than they are

Gotham Knights was not a good game and its not due to it being 30fps only

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Playing with friends tends to make things funnier than they are

Gotham Knights was not a good game and its not due to it being 30fps only
I mean.... I'm still not gonna be an angry basement gamer over any of it.

Gotham was fine, it was fun with a friend, what more would I spend money on than fun factor.

solidus12

I feel like this is gonna be one of those games where gamers go absolutely mental and make the biggest deal about it being the worst thing ever of all time...

Then you actually play it with a couple of friends and it's like 🤷‍♂️... I'm having fun. Not sure why I should be so mad.

Kinda like Gotham knights last year.
Or Crackdown 3 in 2019 🤷

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Performance is not good. Its fine at times and then drops to 30s no matter what the resolution, settings or upscaling technique used. The low GPU utilization shows the same issues that plagued Gotham KNights and Star Wars both which are CPU bound.

The only difference is that this looks worse than both Gotham Knights and Star Wars. I honestly cant believe how drab and dull this world looks even on Epic settings.

Banjo64

cumsessed
That was a lie you all bought. It's just a straight price hike for no reason. Do you guys actually still think $70 means it is a better quality game?
True, the price increase is profiteering pure and simple.

In terms of this game though, Valheim is £15 on Steam. How TF can Xbox justify this? Starfield should have been the first £69.99 game. They should have looked at this and said £29.99 (same price as Hi-Fi Rush).

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
Thet are trying to release this between Star Wars and Zelda on purpose.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
If fallout 4 is any indication, then Starfield is going to have atrocious writing.
It might. I'm going to try it out and see. I'm not predicting that it has great writing. If you guys follow what I actually wrote, I said I don't expect Bethesda GS to be some slick Sony level animation / graphics showcase. I think the main hope for the game is if the narrative and RPG elements are compelling, because they're going to look dated in everything else. Writing, you can't judge at all until you play it. And by writing, I mostly mean just the lore. Bethesda never has amazing dialogue, just functional dialogue. But they have cool lore.

Calling it 70 to 80 by mainstream reviewers who get gifted game codes.

By people who buy the game and users the score will be in the 40s to 60s most likely.

Personally I can't stand GAAS. Can't stand the art style. It's arkane and ever since 2016 and his meeting with A. Sarkisian the company has been pushing woke stuff in it's games. That alone makes it a no buy from me. Prey got away with it because the game was phenomenal otherwise. Really sucks as I loved arx fatalis, dark messiah, Dishonored 1 and Prey.

Gass, potentially woke, bad artsyle and plot for vampire game, performance issues... Yeah not for me, no buy.

Ogbert

Gold Member
Xbox Management is carrying games and developement as routine business model ,where their 0 innovation, creativity or even vision. It lacks the passion that requires for good AAA Exclusive like Nintendo and Sony has.
Actually, it’s the polar opposite.

Sony and Nintendo are remorselessly cynical; there’s nothing innovative or interesting about their line up. What they both are is incredibly competent, with exacting standards and demands.

MS has no identity.

Dr_Ifto

Actually, it’s the polar opposite.

Sony and Nintendo are remorselessly cynical; there’s nothing innovative or interesting about their line up. What they both are is incredibly competent, with exacting standards and demands.

MS has no identity.
Until we start seeing their lineup of post-acquisition games, I wont say they dont have an identity, but I can agree they dont have one today. They have no, what they call, coherent vision for the division of MS. Sony and NIntendo have theirs, and adhere to it.

quest

Not Banned from OT
This is very obvious at this point and now I really questioning if Phil is even a real gamer ... I just don't get how it has gotten this bad over there.

Was Microsoft in charge in 2017? It was 4 years in development before Microsoft took over. Instead of wasting 4 years they let them finish it good or bad. Now they can move on to a game more suited for the studio.

Nautilus

Banned
I expected this game to be mediocre, but never expected it to be this bad. It seems that MS made the devs turn what seemed to be a single player game into a more multiplayer focused game. If I had to guess, thats probably because of gamepass, so that the game's lifespan is much larger, as single player games would be a one and done thing.

Calverz

Performance is not good. Its fine at times and then drops to 30s no matter what the resolution, settings or upscaling technique used. The low GPU utilization shows the same issues that plagued Gotham KNights and Star Wars both which are CPU bound.

The only difference is that this looks worse than both Gotham Knights and Star Wars. I honestly cant believe how drab and dull this world looks even on Epic settings.

OMG that performance is shocking. WTAF. The texture pop in is obvious everywhere. Also there is like no enemies when textures are popping in etc. Arkane have dropped the ball hard it seems. I think they overstretched themselves here.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Ogbert

Gold Member
Until we start seeing their lineup of post-acquisition games, I wont say they dont have an identity, but I can agree they dont have one today. They have no, what they call, coherent vision for the division of MS. Sony and NIntendo have theirs, and adhere to it.
I’ll always maintain that Bungie was MS’ identity.

However, take Gears of War. Why on earth isn’t that the coolest console game on planet earth? It should be MS’ take on Destiny. A huge open world game, PvE campaign, pvp maps, loot grind, dungeons, raids. It should be the reason why millions of people turn on their Xbox every day.

Instead, they’ve just let it wither on the vine.

The point of having an Xbox was that it was the best place to play shooters. They’re trying to copy Sony, rather than do what Sony can’t do (and still can’t do - Killzone anyone?).

Just terrible management.

Top Bottom