• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall | Review Thread

What score do you think Redfall will get?

• 0 -10%

Votes: 8 1.3%
  • 10-20%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 20-30%

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 30-40%

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • 40-50%

Votes: 27 4.5%
  • 50-60%

Votes: 81 13.4%
  • 60-70%

Votes: 239 39.6%
  • 70-80%

Votes: 173 28.7%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 44 7.3%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 11 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FvD1XfwXwBM05cC

FvD1ZblXwBoK7ev

:pie_thinking:

nbkicker

Cyberpunk starting the just throw the game out and we might patch it at some point, got this free with my 4080 and it downloaded ready, will play and see how i feel

Traxtech

Really unfortunate as Arkane is one of the best developers ever. Wish they had freedom to make what they wanted, assuming they had their hand ties in certain aspects

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
That may be the next step. This time they made a dogshit game that will sell horrifically
And they won't even care because the actual popularity of this game will be obscured by the fact that the game was available on a sub service on day one, so "of course it wasn't gonna sell loads of copies."

If I were Matt Booty, this would have been my biggest challenge -- to actually identify the real popularity and success of a game when I don't have sales figures to go by.

"Which game do I green light that people will happily pay $70 of their hard money for? And what standard do I need to make it at to warrant that price" -- that's the question.

"One of the worst of 2023" so not the worst which means it could actually be one of the best!

No, not defending MS at all simply saying that Bethesda who is basically hands off and free to do what they want dropped the ball. Even though MS owns them this was a Bethesda game. It was started before they were bought. Matt booty and the boss man at arkane should never have allowed it to be released in its current state . Forget 60fps, that means nothing when a game is buggy. But in the end it is a Bethesda game and no matter how great oblivion or Skyrim or fallout were they ALL were buggy messes. It's what they are know. For.
Mat Booty forgot to bring the coffee to the staff as he was inspecting the studio during development for the game....

Freeman76

I just clicked on the link in the op, and it seems to have been deleted for some reason.
He released it too early and had to remove it. I think they are trying to shield how average it is from people in the hopes they buy it before the cat is out the bag. Lots of ppl on twitter putting up screens of gameplay vids being removed.

decisions

Xbox, not MSFT, is in deep trouble.

If Starfield is bad I expect Satya to cut the division into a small sliver. He has done too good of a job economically for the rest of the company to let Xbox spend billions of dollars with nothing to show for it.

Playstation isn’t even fucking doing anything right now lol. Xbox could’ve taken their time to put out quality titles and they just mismanaged everything so poorly.

Foilz

Banned
Not sure, played day 1 and outside of having to reWASD controller, it worked beautifully. But yeah latest Ryzen + RTX4090
The last of us was a buggy mess on pc. Different configurations will have better experiences than others but overall if you check steam you'll seel the hatred for it.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
The last of us was a buggy mess on pc. Different configurations will have better experiences than others but overall if you check steam you'll seel the hatred for it.
I am aware of that, I just want to say that I played worse since then (Jedi Survivor)

nbkicker

Well says it all when you go to arkane offical webpage and in the jobs they looking for graphic’s engineer, environment artist and character animation engineer, dont need many skills to compete with what they seemed to have done in redfall

Last edited:

RGB'D

If ACG says it's bad, then I believe it's bad. What the hell has MS been doing this entire time with this studio and dev team?
Acg's taste isn't universal. Karak sometimes hates popular games and loves games people hate. But also when there's smoke, there is likely fire as well. We shall see soon

Acg's taste isn't universal. Karak sometimes hates popular games and loves games people hate. But also when there's smoke, there is likely fire as well. We shall see soon
For sure, but he's not generally a harsh reviewer. This game is gonna get wrecked.

Nydius

Feel bad for Xbox people, but I mean this is almost the expected normal now it seems. Sad.
I feel bad for the regular players who couldn't care less about Console Warz™, but the hardcore fanboys who are already circling the wagons like they always do and are preparing to blame Sony for any criticism of the game, or call anyone who has issues with it "Ponies"? I don't feel bad for them one bit.

I'm critical of Xbox because I want to see them be successful.
I'm critical of the merger because I paid attention in history.

But to the Team Green zealots, any such criticism or negativity means I'm purely an anti-Xbox troll, which always makes me laugh.
(Edit: Taking suggestions for a Nintendo hat to round out the collection.)

Last edited:
gotta admit: the whole 'enemies not scaling depending on the number of players' thing makes me wonder just how feasible single-player could possibly be. a whole cast of vampire bullet sponges just doesn't sound appealing...

StueyDuck

Is it just me, or does it seem like it’s getting harder and harder to tell the quality of a game from a lot of reviews?
I thought by now we all had figured out that games media are a bunch of chodes... even skillup who I use to enjoy suddenly became "part of the club" and started doing podcasts with the cult and now he just sounds like another pawn in the system.

These days you really only need to know about technical performance. There is more than enough information on a game prior to launch to make an educated decision if you'll enjoy it or not...

I can't even remember the last game I bought where the final product was a huge shock to what I was expecting going into it

DryvBy

I expected this game to be mediocre, but never expected it to be this bad. It seems that MS made the devs turn what seemed to be a single player game into a more multiplayer focused game. If I had to guess, thats probably because of gamepass, so that the game's lifespan is much larger, as single player games would be a one and done thing.
A lot of Gamer Pass stuff from them tends to be a revenue. It's free but if you want more goodies, you gotta pay the price.

Zheph

just watched the french review it's a disaster

the open world is insanely small and empty
plenty of wild bugs

Last edited:
A lot of Gamer Pass stuff from them tends to be a revenue. It's free but if you want more goodies, you gotta pay the price.
I don't get that at all from this game. The only thing they are monetizing is new characters and it's a season pass sort of thing. I really think they are just rushing this out the door because they know it's bad. Zelda, Diablo, and Jedi Survivor help to cover it up too.

yazenov

Why pass on a free game. Just download it and try it out yourself. If you don't like it at least you tried. Listening to others is foolish

1- It's not "free". You're paying a monthly fee for a subscription service.
2- Don't rewards mediocre games by downloading them and engaging with them when there are tons of other games available.
3- Have some respect for your time. Time is money.

Top Bottom