• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall | Review Thread

What score do you think Redfall will get?

• 0 -10%

Votes: 8 1.3%
  • 10-20%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 20-30%

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 30-40%

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • 40-50%

Votes: 27 4.5%
  • 50-60%

Votes: 81 13.4%
  • 60-70%

Votes: 239 39.6%
  • 70-80%

Votes: 173 28.7%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 44 7.3%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 11 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Calverz

I’ll always maintain that Bungie was MS’ identity.

However, take Gears of War. Why on earth isn’t that the coolest console game on planet earth? It should be MS’ take on Destiny. A huge open world game, PvE campaign, pvp maps, loot grind, dungeons, raids. It should be the reason why millions of people turn on their Xbox every day.

Instead, they’ve just let it wither on the vine.

The point of having an Xbox was that it was the best place to play shooters. They’re trying to copy Sony, rather than do what Sony can’t do (and still can’t do - Killzone anyone?).

Just terrible management.
Agreed. Primary reason I adopted OG xbox and xbox mainly since. Now they cant even do that. No wonder Im more pc centric now.

bender

What time is it?
Sony owns Bungie now, so…I think they can do it now

Sony can also hire all the 343i castaways if they finally want to develop their own Halo killer.

jimmy-butler-smile-cwgyhv3t4vzlcrdj.gif

Last edited:

Varteras

zomboden

Banned
I mean, to be fair Redfall is an open-world 4-player co-op game, I wouldn't say this comparison is very accurate. Considering that alone will affect its visual milage.

I'd compare it to Borderlands 3 if anything. And whatever other open world or open world adjacent 4 player co-op games there are that I can't think of, lol.
Borderlands 3 a last gen game which manages to look better than this game while also being at PC max settings at 4k/60 or 1080/120 on PS5/XSX.

Xbox One X & PS4 Pro also targetted 1080/60 fps in their performance modes. With the ancient jaguar cpu.

I know you’re talking about gameplay comparisons not graphics here but I wanted to point out some things lol

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
You're kinda missing the point here. You don't get it both ways. You don't get to credit Microsoft when a studio they bought puts out a highly rated game that was in development when they bought them but then wash their hands of any involvement when the game does poorly.
This juvenile stupidity never stops. The "both ways" thing also goes in the exact opposite direction, nonstop. Do a search for "Hi-Fi Rush" titles on here and read all the people claiming it doesn't count for MS because it's good, and it was all Bethesda.

A normal functioning adult would incorporate a little nuance instead of playing these pre-school level gotcha games. If you think MS doesn't get the negative impact from titles releasing, I don't know what to tell you. They do in the "narrative" of games discourse, and in sales numbers. They rarely get any positive acknowledgement in either. As for Redfall, all we know about the game is it was already being made prior to the MS acquisition, and we know they got a year of extra dev time following the acquisition.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You're kinda missing the point here. You don't get it both ways. You don't get to credit Microsoft when a studio they bought puts out a highly rated game that was in development when they bought them but then wash their hands of any involvement when the game does poorly.
If only fanatics held their favorite brand to the same scrutiny as they hold their perceived competition. The "they can't do no wrong" is why we are in the state that we are in.

XesqueVara

Fine i Guess, but i don't think this case applies to Psychonauts 2, they were literally cuting bossfights because of lack of resources.

Ogbert

Gold Member
They are allowed to continue to operate as third party/independent.
Yep. They will always do their own thing. I expect Sony might get dibs on a D2 dungeon every now and then.

The thing is, Sony won’t even bother trying to develop an FPS, because they have an exceedingly clear vision of what they offer. They don’t need anything else.

Naughty Dog, GoW, Marvel and the occasional From game. And none of those titles will miss. They will all be polished and released on time. Nintendo are fundamentally different as their IPs are the very foundation of the console business.

MS will be back when they have the best shooter you can buy. Until then, it doesn’t matter what they put on Gamepass.

Varteras

If only fanatics held their favorite brand to the same scrutiny as they hold their perceived competition. The "they can't do no wrong" is why we are in the state that we are in.

Some are worse than others. I watched The Order get torn to shreds even by PlayStation fanboys. Not all, of course, but many.

Nydius

Always get a chuckle out of the ones who talk shit but hide their post history so you have a hard time calling them on their bullshit.
Off topic, but where is the setting for this? Privacy?

I haven't been in my account settings for years so I don't know what I have turned on or off and would like to make sure it's turned on.

Varteras

This juvenile stupidity never stops. The "both ways" thing also goes in the exact opposite direction, nonstop. Do a search for "Hi-Fi Rush" titles on here and read all the people claiming it doesn't count for MS because it's good, and it was all Bethesda.

A normal functioning adult would incorporate a little nuance instead of playing these pre-school level gotcha games. If you think MS doesn't get the negative impact from titles releasing, I don't know what to tell you. They do in the "narrative" of games discourse, and in sales numbers. They rarely get any positive acknowledgement in either. As for Redfall, all we know about the game is it was already being made prior to the MS acquisition, and we know they got a year of extra dev time following the acquisition.

Oh I've seen enough juvenile stupidity from the usual suspects to know you can't speak "adult" to them to get a point across. And sometimes, yes, it is as simple as black and white.

Which Xbox game was I supposed to tear apart then?

If you're saying Redfall, you might wait for me to try it first.

Stop running defense and taking things personally. It's not about you.

schaft0620

Are they on metacritic? Are your reviews on meta btw?

Mine are on OC, I have never heard of this outlet until about 5 hours ago.

Sleepwalker

Dam this was the biggest launch for Xbox Series X and S because this is their first AAA to be priced at $70.

This is will damage MS very badly i am sure of this.

This is where these guys heads are at though, "the financial calculation has changed" You can consume trash because it's free, lets fucking go. Just turn off your brain and consume" It's the netflix mentality making its way into videogames.

Top Bottom