• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reggie pokes at the PSP at the ZD summit

Acosta

It costs almost as much to make and market a high-budget GBA game as it does to make a PS2 title these days.

You must be joking... that is wrong, is just the opposite.

Seriously, how much time are we going to have this type of discussions without any point?. People here are claiming about the failure of two systems we know almost nothing about.

I appreciate people giving positive feedback of one or another (or both), even without all the cards on the table, but this "countering" where someone needs to claim the absolute fail of such system to "balance" things, looks completely stupid.

Get the facts, wait for the games, and then we can discuss library, price, battery or utility of the stylus. Until then we are just wasting our time.

Deg

Banned
---- said:
It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. What was the point of adding 802.11b WiFi if the system isn't capable of playing games online? They added all that technology just so you could use an internet web browser??!? It's insane.

Yeah doesnt make sense but thats what they are doing. You wont be seeing any 3rd party games online playable. Only scoreboards, data sharing and communication.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Of course it makes sense. Nintendo is in the entertainment business, god damn it.

And if perpetual, endless agonization over every atom of their business and PR blunders (as well as the required arguments in Nintendo's defense from their fanbase) isn't entertaining then I don't know what is.

Izzy

Banned
If anything, Yamauchi's speeches at least raised some valid points about the industry. On the other hand, Reggie is just retarded. It's a shame to see someone as mentally challenged as Reggie hold such an esteemed position at NOA. For shame.

Edit: And what the f*ck happened to going online with DS? Nintendo include WiFi support in and then disable online match-ups. That reeks of total retardation.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
The difference is the fact that that was a stupid argument (and even Nintendo fans agreed amongst themselves)

This time we have history backing us up
Wow... Do you even realize how weird what you just said there sounds? Do you guys have some kind of hive mind that is inaccessible to the outside world, where what you say and agree on is silently spoken and fully understood amongst your own kind?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Marconelly said:
Wow... Do you even realize how weird what you just said there sounds? Do you guys have some kind of hive mind that is inaccessible to the outside world, where what you say and agree on is silently spoken and fully understood amongst your own kind?

You mean you weren't around in the great fallout of the post-N64 days? It was decided for the good of the nation to meld our minds together for greater effectiveness against growing non-Nintendo threats. It's quite handy, actually.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Society said:
Are they giving them away for free with walkmans/discmans?

Yes.

Wait, I meant Yes.

Damn it, I actually mean No...if No means Yes, but really No actually only means No while Yes continues to mean Yes. Or something.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
What I typed was in vain, failure am I!

Oh well atleast I got it out of my system, the endless DS vs. PSP threads will never die!

Yay for both, I hope there will be some cross compatability with GT4 PSP and PS2. I also hope I can play online games on the DS very soon.

Top Bottom