• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElRenoRaven

Woohoo. I finally did it. I got my last achievement till future ones are added. I am offically a member of the 1000/1000 club. lol

Any reason why my Spartan model hasn't updated on Bnet? Im still with what I have day 1, but my girlfriend who just set up her account today already has it updated. What am I doing wrong?

Btw, thanks to who ever rendered this video of mine. Who was it, anyways?

MrBig

Frankie said it was possible and that a lot of people are always requesting it but that it was something that would be hard to do right and would split the player base a la cod
Zerokku said:
http://twitter.com/bungietweets

Sweet.

I probably won't even hit the level cap by the time new ones release (Fuck this Warrant Officer Grade 3 grind), but sweet.
Every grade 3 is like that.

Oh YEAH ODST represent

playermodel.ashx

Moussi

yo anyone else have this problem sometimes? go to match making and it says the server is down. go to dashboard and back to reach and it's fine?

Manual detonation can kill enemies, if the grenade is close enough. But if an enemy is within ~6 feet of you, there isn't enough time for the grenade to arm and detonate.

The grenade hitting a person and exploding on impact was great. I do that all the time in TF2 :lol

Hitting someone with it in Reach, only to have it bounce off sucks so much.

For once, I completely agree with Dax.

Thermite

Your earned credits transfer over? ...What's the point of there being any sort of a level cap in place, then?

I always assumed the point of a level cap being in place was so people wouldn't blaze ahead of everyone else, and the general population would be semi-close in credit level. Now that your earned credits are just going to transfer over, it's going to be the same situation again. People who hit Lt. Colonel Grade 3 before others, and have still been playing at the same pace as before, are going to instantly cut right through the Commander rank, and possibly be at Colonel as soon as the "cap" is lifted.

Don't get me wrong, though. I'm happy that my commendations are still going towards my level progression, even though I'm already at max rank. I'd just much rather Bungie remove this pseudo-mmorpg level cap style - especially when the armor that you unlock has literally no effect on gameplay whatsoever. I want to enjoy going through the ranks, not be stopped at some random rank and then possibly shoot through an entire rank or two in an instant..

zumphry

Banned
Currently stopped at the level I am dreading the most on Legendary: PoA (will finish tomorrow). Though, who thought that the end of The Package was a good decision? One huge wave of every type of enemy would've been fine, that would've been cool. Maybe even chase you to the door while activating the turrets...but wave after wave? Ugh.

ZayneH said:
Currently stopped at the level I am dreading the most on Legendary: PoA (will finish tomorrow). Though, who thought that the end of The Package was a good decision? One huge wave of every type of enemy would've been fine, that would've been cool. Maybe even chase you to the door while activating the turrets...but wave after wave? Ugh.

Pillar of Autumn isn't that bad on Legendary.

Prepare to use the noob combo for the final part.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Neuromancer said:
That would be nice, I never really played much of it and I'd like to, but I don't know how well I'd do with almost 10 year old graphics.
WAT. Ten years is nothing — do you not play old games or something? :x

MrBig said:
Frankie said it was possible and that a lot of people are always requesting it but that it was something that would be hard to do right and would split the player base a la cod

Just do the Campaign? Maybe make it an Expansion to Reach like ODST was to Halo 3.

zumphry

Banned
UltimaPooh said:
Pillar of Autumn isn't that bad on Legendary.

Prepare to use the noob combo for the final part.

Oh, I've been using the Noob Combo the entire time against Elites. It's the only way I've been able to kill them besides the lucky assassination.

I'm dreading that Hunter encounter..ugh. Maybe this time Emile won't stay back and polish his helmet while enjoying a Moa Smoothie, but actually fight/be a distraction.

Oh who am I kidding, he'll be thrown back to Sword Base.
wigxw.gif

GhaleonEB

Tried Team Objective.

Got One-Flag on Pinnacle.

Made mental note to self not to play Team Objective again. That was a very unpleasant experience. It still boggles my mind that there's a sniper rifle on the map.

ZayneH said:
Oh, I've been using the Noob Combo the entire time against Elites. It's the only way I've been able to kill them besides the lucky assassination.

I'm dreading that Hunter encounter..ugh. Maybe this time Emile won't stay back and polish his helmet while enjoying a Moa Smoothie, but actually fight/be a distraction.

Oh who am I kidding, he'll be thrown back to Sword Base.
wigxw.gif

Haha. Emile disappeared on me during the Hunter fight. I just used Hologram. and went looking for grenades. I got them eventually.

I didn't do much noob comboing through out my Legendary run, I should have. On New Alexandria where all of the flying elites come in that giant hall. All I had was a needler with a 30 rounds, and a DMR with 15 or so. I made it through just fine.
after a few tries

zumphry

Banned
UltimaPooh said:
Haha. Emile disappeared on me during the Hunter fight. I just used Hologram. and went looking for grenades. I go them eventually.

I didn't do much noob comboing through out my Legendary run, I should have. On New Alexandria where all of the flying elites come in that giant hall. All I had was a needler with a 30 rounds, and a DMR with 15 or so. I made it through just fine.
after a few tries

Heh, I actually prepared for that quite a bit, though I didn't use the combo except on one Elite. The Troopers actually survived, and one with a Needler Rifle kept on getting the shields down and I'd finish them off. I died like 12 times during that encounter when I first played it on Heroic.

REV 09

Tadale said:
I'll never understand this. SWAT's been popular with Halo players since Halo 2. And the SWAT set is overpopulated today because it's a new playlist.
SWAT is not Halo. There are distinct gameplay elements that make Halo the skilled game that it is. SWAT is Rainbow Six or CoD.

Why do they call it the noob combo? Seems like a legitimate strategy to me.

vatstep said:
WAT. Ten years is nothing — do you not play old games or something? :x
Yeah on occasion, but only ones I've played before. I generally never play old games for the 1st time.

Great, so now Multi Team is ruined because Rocket Race was added to it. Why the fuck couldn't that have its own playlist? I don't want to play that, ever.

Also, the matchmaking system still seems wonky. Half the time I get matched up against kids that are terrible, first time Xbox players and the other half are pretty much pros. Got matched up against Lil Poison yesterday. Like, seriously? Can I play someone around my level? Thanks.

And isn't Hemorrhage a little big for 4v4 CTF Pro?

ElRenoRaven

Neuromancer said:
Why do they call it the noob combo? Seems like a legitimate strategy to me.

Yeah on occasion, but only ones I've played before. I generally never play old games for the 1st time.

It goes back to Halo 2 and it's crazy auto aim. Basically it was the most used combo in Halo 2 because it was so easy to use. You could pretty much fire the Plasma pistol in any direction and it would find it's mark. Then you would follow it up with one BR shot.

Moussi

Moussi said:
yo anyone else have this problem sometimes? go to match making and it says the server is down. go to dashboard and back to reach and it's fine?
guessing no on else has this problem? :(

backflip10019 said:
Great, so now Multi Team is ruined because Rocket Race was added to it. Why the fuck couldn't that have its own playlist? I don't want to play that, ever.

Also, the matchmaking system still seems wonky. Half the time I get matched up against kids that are terrible, first time Xbox players and the other half are pretty much pros. Got matched up against Lil Poison yesterday. Like, seriously? Can I play someone around my level? Thanks.

And isn't Hemorrhage a little big for 4v4 CTF Pro?

Rocket Race should be a weekend PL. Maybe you are on Lil Poison's level (whoever that is). And 5v5 would be awesome for team objective.

GhaleonEB said:
Tried Team Objective.

Made mental note to self not to play Team Objective again. That was a very unpleasant experience. It still boggles my mind that there's a sniper rifle on the map.

Different strokes for different folkes, because I think the Sniper works great on that map. Sure the tops open - but people are expected to stick to the edges really. Both teams get Snipers so generally its balanced well.

EDIT: I dont think ive played one flag on the map, but in general slayer I think the Snipes work well.

theultimo

bobs99 ... said:
Different strokes for different folkes, because I think the Sniper works great on that map. Sure the tops open - but people are expected to stick to the edges really. Both teams get Snipers so generally its balanced well.

EDIT: I dont think ive played one flag on the map, but in general slayer I think the Snipes work well.
One Flag is horrible on that map. The flag is too well guarded and it is tough to get any type of push with it.

cuevas said:
Rocket Race should be a weekend PL. Maybe you are on Lil Poison's level (whoever that is). And 5v5 would be awesome for team objective.
Heh, that kid Lil Poison was the youngest pro on the MLG circuit for a while during the H2/early H3 days. He was like 8 years old haha. I out DMRd him so hard a few times. Was awesome.

ElRenoRaven

Ok listening to that Frankie interview now. I have to say I disagree with him when he says that you wouldn't want a straight up remake. That's exactly what we want. Identical except with Reach's graphics engine.

PsychoRaven said:
Ok listening to that Frankie interview now. I have to say I disagree with him when he says that you wouldn't want a straight up remake. That's exactly what we want. Identical except with Reach's graphics engine.

"Oh my god why did they make a game in 2011 with just 1 viable weapon? How could they let this through the cracks? This shit is so outdated"

It would be fun for a while then you would go play reach again.

PsychoRaven said:
Right. Because Library could not possibly have been improved upon.

ElRenoRaven

cuevas said:
"Oh my god why did they make a game in 2011 with just 1 viable weapon? How could they let this through the cracks? This shit is so outdated"

It would be fun for a while then you would go play reach again.

To be honest I would play both.

PsychoRaven said:

Same here, exactly as it was in 2001, but with that wonderful Reach tech.

I wouldn't even want matchmaking for multiplayer-- too many fond, fond memories of epic Halo 1 LANs that don't need to be shat on by Xbox Live's resident foul-mouthed preteen pinheads.

Schmitty said:
And that's why I always go with AL
Yeah. I've been using it exclusively for the past week. It's extremely useful for getting yourself out of bad situations. Banshee harassing you with its fuel-rod cannon? Armor lock. Grenades around the corner? Armor lock. Revenant or Ghost boosting towards you? Armor lock. Rocket coming your way? Armor lock.

A lot of people use it improperly. Using it in the middle of a firefight is dumb unless you have someone nearby to assist. If you use it to get out of critical situations, you can turn a bad situation around in no time.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Yeah. I've been using it exclusively for the past week. It's extremely useful for getting yourself out of bad situations. Banshee harassing you with its fuel-rod cannon? Armor lock. Grenades around the corner? Armor lock. Revenant or Ghost boosting towards you? Armor lock. Rocket coming your way? Armor lock.

A lot of people use it improperly. Using it in the middle of a firefight is dumb unless you have someone nearby to assist. If you use it to get out of critical situations, you can turn a bad situation around in no time.
I mostly use it in games with vehicles, but it comes in handy a lot. Annihilating a Revenant/Ghost/Mongoose trying to splatter you will never get old, and is just so satisfying.

It's also a must in Elite Slayer games, with all the plasma grenades being chucked around. I finish all of those games with a ton of "Rejection" medals.

GhaleonEB said:
Tried Team Objective.

Weirdly I had the same game and loved it. Different, strokes as they say.

Trasher

Ramirez said:
Alright, well I just played about 10 or so games of the new objective playlist, and overall it's really good. There are some mind numbing problems still in it though.

-Drop shield still remains a choice for Assault/Flag. I don't know how else to say it, but the drop shield just doesn't belong in competitive multiplayer, not with its current power. You can throw 3-4 nades on one and it doesn't even turn red, someone said a charge PP shot takes it down, which is wrong. I tried that the other night and it just turned it red...just played a game of Assault on Pinnacle where the whole team had dropshields, dropped them all the way up to the arming spot, what exactly is the counter for this? It just turns into a sloppy game of melee/nade spamming and slow down, it's a pathetic show case of "gameplay".

-Armor lock doesn't need to be in any game type where you can return/disarm the objective, in the same game of Assault, on defense this team would all choose armor lock and any time you planted it, they could just AL over the bomb and disarm it no problem. You can't do ANYTHING about it, so STUPID.

-Oddball...on Swordbase...with radar...all that needs to be said.

-Hemorrhage is still in, why?

Other than that, which are some pretty huge problems if you're playing good people, I'm enjoying the list a lot more than previously. Love all of the additions to Powerhouse, not sure about the objective spot being on the top of the nade launcher building, guess we'll see over time.
No mention of flag return times? Fail. That's the biggest problem in Objective.

UltimaPooh said:
Haha. Emile disappeared on me during the Hunter fight. I just used Hologram. and went looking for grenades. I got them eventually.

after a few tries

I actually aquired both a rocket launcher AND a fuel rod cannon beforehand. I gave one each to the marines, picked up another weapon which I can't recall, and went to town. Tough, but not too bad.

In general whenever I get access to heavy weapons I give them to marines if they are around. Infinite ammo and pretty good aim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom