• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gui_PT

Diablohead said:
I only see one assist challenge.

Oh I'm sorry, I just woke up and the challenges were the 1st thing I read :lol

What I read was:
Now I have a Machine Gun

Earn 30 assists with automatic weapons in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Edit: Loving that Campaign challenge though. We should have more like this.

Gui_PT said:
Oh I'm sorry, I just woke up and the challenges were the 1st thing I read :lol

What I read was:
Now I have a Machine Gun

Earn 30 assists with automatic weapons in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Edit: Loving that Campaign challenge though. We should have more like this.

God that would be fucking hell. I never use the AR so ill probably never get automatic challenges.

MrDaravon

Campaign Challenge is good, assist Challenge is bad. Also expecting people to run around like jackasses to get the AR kills, that one was probably not the best idea for multiplayer Matchmaking. I'll probably get the 180 kills one and be done for today.

Also a FYI, someone on another board told me that for the Campaign challenge if you die and Restart Mission from the pause screen then beat it without dying at 10k+ it doesn't give you the Challenge complete. So I'm guessing it's borked like the other ones where you have to go back all the way to the Campaign screen to re-load the mission.

Hixx

So when's the stuff to prevent arseholes being away from the game coming in? One of those + a quitter makes the game so fun. 0 kills, 17 deaths for that guy.

Us 2 still managed to win but it really needs to be fixed. I'd rather have 2 quitters than one left to be a free kill for the other team for the whole game :/

Be Vigilant: yes.

Also, the hilarious thing is that three weeks after this game first came out, during which I have nearly reached the current level cap, doing the Now I Have a Machine Gun Challenge still wouldn't qualify me for the Iron Trigger Man Commendation. :lol

It's also been three weeks since my bnet avatar updated. :(

HixxSAFC said:
So when's the stuff to prevent arseholes being away from the game coming in? One of those + a quitter makes the game so fun. 0 kills, 17 deaths for that guy.

Us 2 still managed to win but it really needs to be fixed. I'd rather have 2 quitters than one left to be a free kill for the other team for the whole game :/

I'm really surprised they don't have an AFK auto-booter. That is more harmful than quitters IMO.

cuevas said:
is anyone better at halo than they are at cod? lol

I'm about equal I had like a 1.73 k/d in MW2 and about a 1.72 in H3. In Reach I only have a 1.5k/d but I did let my friends who are terrible trash it for a whole night so I think its actually closer to 1.7 (social). I also never really stat whored in either game.

I broke up with Halo 3 for a good while and switched to MW2 for bout 3 months. It was hot for a bit but I lost interest. Comparing the two is actually really stupid, SWAT is sortof like CoD but at the same time not even close. Both games have really good players playing them and really bad players playing them. Both games are complex enough that they require a lot of thought...and at that point you're more playing the players you're against than the actual game, I dunno if that makes any sense.

and OMG 6000 credits worth of challenges today! Jeez they must have been listening to NeoGAF's whiny "wahhh I'm stuck in WO3"

They need to make it so if you afk and die 3 times in a row without touching the controller you get booted. Might be tricky to implant but not many people die 3 times in a row without moving in any game type, not even snipers.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
"Now I Have a Machine Gun" :lol

Ho... Ho... Ho

Mik2121

xxjuicesxx said:
I'm about equal I had like a 1.73 k/d in MW2 and about a 1.72 in H3. In Reach I only have a 1.5k/d but I did let my friends who are terrible trash it for a whole night so I think its actually closer to 1.7 (social). I also never really stat whored in either game.

I broke up with Halo 3 for a good while and switched to MW2 for bout 3 months. It was hot for a bit but I lost interest. Comparing the two is actually really stupid, SWAT is sortof like CoD but at the same time not even close. Both games have really good players playing them and really bad players playing them. Both games are complex enough that they require a lot of thought...and at that point you're more playing the players you're against than the actual game, I dunno if that makes any sense.

and OMG 6000 credits worth of challenges today! Jeez they must have been listening to NeoGAF's whiny "wahhh I'm stuck in WO3"

Oh wow, last time I checked my MW2 stats, I was at around 2.3 k/d, but on Halo Reach I'm 1.2 or something like that. Pretty bad :lol

Then again I play MW2 on the PS3 where I'm used to the controller. I've only had the 360 for two months and I still have some issues when aiming (can't make really small movements for some reason, but in MW2 I have no problem doing that..).

Ryan_OXM said:
Apologies if this was already posted -- and for the self-pimpage -- but I interviewed 343's Frank O'Connor on the OXM podcast this past week, and he dropped a few little interesting nuggets of info about Reach and other Halo-y stuff. Interview link is here and the segment with Frankie starts at about the 40:00 mark. :)
Woot! Something to hear when I must jog at school sports later :)

Oh 2 assist challenges :( The campaign challenge is nice. Which level should I choose for the challenge? Played "Long Night Of Solace" for the weapon challenge yesterday. Any recommendation? I am not looking for the easiest way to get the challenge.

Falt

xxjuicesxx said:

:lol 3/4 daily challenges done and I just got my Captain. :D

4 games of invasion got me the 30 assists and 30 kills with automatic weapons. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Just got Be Vigilant on LNoS. Man, I love Reach's campaign.

...But, I swear, the more I play it, the more confused I am by the story. I understand what transpires, but now how the events transpire. A few notable examples:
I still don't understand how the Covenant Corvettes as seen in Oni Sword Base and Nightfall managed to get past Reach's defenses, the whole Covenant cruiser being cloaked, and why Reach's super MAC guns couldn't just blow it out of the sky.

Maybe the MAC guns were on the other side of the planet and couldn't turn around because of an electrical fault in their power coupling matrix.

-____-

Miggytronz

Dax01 said:
Just got Be Vigilant on LNoS. Man, I love Reach's campaign.

...But, I swear, the more I play it, the more confused I am by the story. I understand what transpires, but now how the events transpire. A few notable examples:
I still don't understand how the Covenant Corvettes as seen in Oni Sword Base and Nightfall managed to get past Reach's defenses, the whole Covenant cruiser being cloaked, and why Reach's super MAC guns couldn't just blow it out of the sky.

yeop me and my friends are madly upset and confused by this.

Sill4

I honestly think that If CE was remade in Reach engine, it would greatly increase the enjoyability by adding things like vehicle jacking and certain AA's, especially for enemies.

Also, after years of playing CE, I think that if the CE weapons were replaced by their Reach counterparts + DMR, the game would not play too differently. Obviously, stuff like Spartan Lasers and Plasma Launchers and Orbiyal Strike guns would have no place, and usable energy swords and fuel rod guns would be limited.

I was going to suggest that 343 add in one or two extra missions, involving the Falcon and/or brutes, but CE had such a great flow so I don't think that would be a great idea until we see what they are capable of.

My opinion, don't kill me bro's.

ToyMachine228 said:
In an interview with IGN (I believe it was IGN) Brian Jarrard stated something along the lines of; Hypothetically if Bungie were to be working on any DLC map packs, The Pit would be a fan favorite that would come back.

I would love if they remade The Pit and gave it a huge art overhaul setting it somewhere in the wilderness by
Oni Sword Base
. I just love the art in that area, maybe even put it inside
one of the glaciers carved out.
That way we could get The Pit and also a good snow environment at the same time. Giving everything a frozen over look would be really cool.

If reach ever had an expansion like ODST for halo 3 I would love to see the war from a completely different angle, we know the noble team and what they had to do but maybe a story where we find out why reach's defences were so fucked and more about the battle on the other side of reach.

Sill4 said:
I honestly think that If CE was remade in Reach engine, it would greatly increase the enjoyability by adding things like vehicle jacking and certain AA's, especially for enemies.

Also, after years of playing CE, I think that if the CE weapons were replaced by their Reach counterparts + DMR, the game would not play too differently. Obviously, stuff like Spartan Lasers and Plasma Launchers and Orbiyal Strike guns would have no place, and usable energy swords and fuel rod guns would be limited.

I was going to suggest that 343 add in one or two extra missions, involving the Falcon and/or brutes, but CE had such a great flow so I don't think that would be a great idea until we see what they are capable of.

And I agree with it.

Miggytronz

Demoncarnotaur said:
I would love if they remade The Pit and gave it a huge art overhaul setting it somewhere in the wilderness by
Oni Sword Base
. I just love the art in that area, maybe even put it inside
one of the glaciers carved out.
That way we could get The Pit and also a good snow environment at the same time. Giving everything a frozen over look would be really cool.

I played on a pit custom made map last night, damn near perfect imo. twas alot of fun.

Search PIT STOP for the map.

My bungie.net armor still hasn't updated...I guess it's not a huge deal because I probably won't really have the armor that I want for years!

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Dax01 said:
While Team Slayer is much improved, there are too many Slayer DMRs/Slayer Pro games...I just wanna play default slayer, AR/Pistol starts.

You're not the only one.

vhfive

Dax01 said:
While Team Slayer is much improved, there are too many Slayer DMRs/Slayer Pro games...I just wanna play default slayer, AR/Pistol starts.
and I play too many Team Slayer games when all I want to play is Slayer DMRs/Slayer Pro (mostly Slayer Pro)

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
vhfive said:
and I play too many Team Slayer games when all I want to play is Slayer DMRs/Slayer Pro (mostly Slayer Pro)

Slayer Pro belongs in the Arena not Team Slayer.

Played some Rocket Race on Paradiso...what a terrible map for Rocket Race!

The 'geese seem harder to control too. They feel too lightweight.

Magni

.la1n said:
Far too pro for these forums too, you should seek out a professional halo forum where only the most l33t h4rdc0r3 playerz communicate *fist bump*

Far too pro 'cause I got a Killtrocity in SWAT? :lol

Anyways, good challenges today, except for the Assist one of course :lol Can't wait to get to doing 'em :D

Sill4 said:

I would hate this. I want CE to be remade because I would love to play that core multiplayer experiance over live. Changing the sandbox would basically turn it into a totally different game. It would almost be like a new release, but only half of a new release if you get me.

I really think a live enabled CE carbon copy would be awesome. The difficulties come though from the player base split. Not many would be interested in it anyway so it probably wouldnt make much money. :/

Miggytronz

The Lamonster said:
Played some Rocket Race on Paradiso...what a terrible map for Rocket Race!

The 'geese seem harder to control too. They feel too lightweight.

yes the most horrendous map to play RR on. It seriously pissed me off even though me and my partner last night came in 1st.

aesop

Mikasangelos said:
yes the most horrendous map to play RR on. It seriously pissed me off even though me and my partner last night came in 1st.
What's worse is playing RR on Boneyard and spawning in the core room on a mongoose. I also spawned on the core capture platform. Talk about epic facepalm.

Hixx

Done with the game till they sort out the idlers and the morons fuck off back to CoD. Had one guy on my team constantly grief me throughout a game (knocking my shields off) because I picked up the hammer when he got killed.

vhfive said:

Why don't you just go to the Arena? Reach ALREADY has a dedicated DMR list (2 now with SWAT being separated), I don't see why Team Slayer can't just be that, TEAM SLAYER. Not Pro, not DMR, not Elites, just SA-LAY-ER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom