• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
ChocholateMILK said:
Futurama_Fry_Looking_Squint2.jpg
:lol your reply made me literally laugh out loud.

haha

Edit: Jesus, i keep snagging the first post on the new page... :\

I'll take this opportunity to suggest that everyone add the newest ReachGAF tag.

Check my profile for the GT and for the code. Add the tag and then send a message with the code, that way I will know you're from GAF :)

Managed to nab finish off my solo legendary campaign. Cleaned up the last 4 levels yesterday with the final level taking almost 2 hours to complete. Easiest level by far was
Tip of the spear, just drove past everything and attacked the AA guns from long range.
Now just need to spend some more time playing FF/matchmaking and hopefully playing some customs once internet becomes uncapped. While I'm waiting for that will try my hand at making a symmetrical CTF map with a moving kill ball to spice it up a bit.

Also just a question regarding spoiler tags, should I still be spoilering things like mission names in this thread due to game only been out 2 weeks?

remove dmr's from this game. IM SO BORED. replace all power weapons with plasma rifles and brute spikers please. i want to utilize all of this halo sandbox while i play on amazing maps such as the cage and hemorrhage. if i'm not using every retarded armor ability at every single moment in this game i'm not playing halo reach.

Zomba13 said:
According to an interview there is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLdd9bHPCTo
(@ 12:47)
That could refer to a character calling Halsey Catherine instead of Halsey on legendary (apparently that happens)

Yes, it happens. SPOILERZ AHOY:

It's Capt. Keyes that calls her Catherine. They had a love story, and Miranda (Keyes, of course) is their daughter, see Halsey's Journal for reference

So maybe that is what is different in legendary.

feel

spermatic cord said:
remove dmr's from this game. IM SO BORED. replace all power weapons with plasma rifles and brute spikers please. i want to utilize all of this halo sandbox while i play on amazing maps such as the cage and hemorrhage. if i'm not using every retarded armor ability at every single moment in this game i'm not playing halo reach.
SWAT

SWAT GUYS SWAAAAAAAT!! SWAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!

OH FOR FUCKS SAKE NOT NONE OF THE ABOVE!! YOU GUYS ARE ALL A BUNCH OF (homophobic insult)

FINE!!!

SLAYER PRO (racial slur)!!! SLAYER PROOOO!!! YES!!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
koshunter said:
I think I would classify that more as a patience issue. In the heat of battle, spamming the trigger might feel right but the player who has the timing down will win. If you keep the blooming in mind, it doesn't really detract from the flow because you make it a habit to have the rhythm of the weapon consistent throughout all the fights. I'm still trying to get myself to not spam the pistol too much and it results in me dieing quite a few times because sometimes I pace the shots too fast and sometimes too slow. But having those few times where you pull it off perfectly makes me want to keep on going, because I know eventually, that's all I'll be doing.

Or in other words, I think you just have to get used to it. Personally, I find it extremely rewarding.
Yeah I hear ya, there are times where I just don't feel like being patient, guess I'm just going to have to keep the rhythm or get donged on. The guns definitely do work, you just have to be patient to make em' work.

Alucrid

Banned
zero margin said:
Someone reported your file share fyi.

Weird. It was just a firefight setting to get achievements thing I passed on to get the achievement. What exactly does someone reporting it entail?

Letters said:
SWAT

OH FOR FUCKS SAKE NOT NONE OF THE ABOVE!! YOU GUYS ARE ALL A BUNCH OF (homophobic insult)

FINE!!!

swat is bad and so is snipers. i don't mind slayer pro though

Letters said:
SWAT

FINE!!!

**Me after coming back from my pee break, noticing SWAT was voted**

WHO THE FUCK WASTED THEIR VOTES ON SWAT??!!!

FUCK SWAT AND FUCK YOU, GO BACK TO CALL OF DUTY!!!

I CAN'T TAKE THIS SHIT. WHY ISN'T SWAT IN ITS OWN PLAYLIST YET??!!!

BUNGIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

/iunplugmymic

Alucrid

Banned
BudokaiMR2 said:
Yeah why do people love SWAT online.

It seems like they always vote for it.

Halo without shields makes me angry :mad:

I always liked SWAT in like Halo 2 when it would appear randomly. Now that it appears every game it is tiresome.

Alucrid said:
Weird. It was just a firefight setting to get achievements thing I passed on to get the achievement. What exactly does someone reporting it entail?

Never seen it before just warned me before I clicked on it that it had been reported, of course I then HAD to click on it as had 1500 other fools and it looked normal.

As for SWAT...

BRO WTF HOW CAN YOU NOT PLAY SWATTT?!?! I'M GONNA GET ME ANOTHER COORS LIGHT AND WHEN I COME BACK THIS SHIT BETTER HAVE BEEN VOTED SWATTT. FUCK BRO.

Alucrid

Banned
zero margin said:
Never seen it before just warned me before I clicked on it that it had been reported, of course I then HAD to click on it as had 1500 other fools and it looked normal.

As for SWAT...

BRO WTF HOW CAN YOU NOT PLAY SWATTT?!?! I'M GONNA GET ME ANOTHER COORS LIGHT AND WHEN I COME BACK THIS SHIT BETTER HAVE BEEN VOTED SWATTT. FUCK BRO.

Oh. Well it's removed anyhow just in case. Thanks for the heads up.

feel

Cuban Legend said:
**Me after coming back from my pee break, noticing SWAT was voted**

WHO THE FUCK WASTED THEIR VOTES ON SWAT??!!!

FUCK SWAT AND FUCK YOU, GO BACK TO CALL OF DUTY!!!

I CAN'T TAKE THIS SHIT. WHY ISN'T SWAT IN ITS OWN PLAYLIST YET??!!!

BUNGIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

/iunplugmymic
[0] Slayer on Reflection

[0] Slayer DMRs on Countdown

[7] SWAT on The Cage

[0] None of the above

fuuuuuuuuuuu

Alucrid

Banned
Letters said:
[0] Slayer on Reflection

[7] SWAT on The Cage

[0] None of the above

fuuuuuuuuuuu

Wouldn't the easiest way to avoid this just be party up with three others? That way you can always vote whatever is on top, one of the two are usually a good gametype too.

Alucrid

Banned
Duress said:
So can anyone tell me what the halo 3 and odst tags after the gamertags in the lobby are for?

Just tags you can put on your name area for doing certain things in the games. It's done through bungie.net.

Daigoro

spermatic cord said:

yeah Brute spikers on Hemmorage sounds like a blast!

Letters said:
[0] Slayer on Reflection

[7] SWAT on The Cage

[0] None of the above

fuuuuuuuuuuu

:lol :lol God Team Slayer sucks so bad right now. Get out until the update people. Join the cool kids in Team Objective.

Chorazin

So, I get no cR for beating campaign levels on Legendary? I played through Winter Contigency and Oni Sword Base and when I saved and quit at the beginning of Nightfall, I got 1 cR.

What. The. Fuck.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Chorazin said:
So, I get no cR for beating campaign levels on Legendary? I played through Winter Contigency and Oni Sword Base and when I saved and quit at the beginning of Nightfall, I got 1 cR.

What. The. Fuck.
Only shows you the cR for the level you finished on. Since it was right at the start 1 cR sounds about right.

MrDaravon

Just got Multi-team SWAT earlier which in of itself is not unusual, but we got Hemorrhage :lol :lol

How the fuck did that one get past playtesting?? Also this may have been brought up (threads have been moving too fast for me to completely keep up), but is there any explanation for why the fuck it takes 2+ weeks to implement simple changes like removing the Scorpions from Hemorrhage?

Jonsoncao

Banned
Chorazin said:

What. The. Fuck.
unless you turned the score on, it wont show any credit gain after a level done, but you do get the credit

SailorDaravon said:
Just got Multi-team SWAT earlier which in of itself is not unusual, but we got Hemorrhage :lol :lol

How the fuck did that one get past playtesting?? Also this may have been brought up (threads have been moving too fast for me to completely keep up), but is there any explanation for why the fuck it takes 2+ weeks to implement simple changes like removing the Scorpions from Hemorrhage?
for the lulz apparently :D
MLG playlist wont have them I guess

SailorDaravon said:
Also this may have been brought up (threads have been moving too fast for me to completely keep up), but is there any explanation for why the fuck it takes 2+ weeks to implement simple changes like removing the Scorpions from Hemorrhage?

Maybe the lists, and map changes are actually getting tested this time?

OH NO HE DIDN'T

Chorazin

user_nat said:
Only shows you the cR for the level you finished on. Since it was right at the start 1 cR sounds about right.
Ahhhhh, I see. I thought my cR was higher than when I started, but I didn't see the increase happen so I thought I got robbed.

Also snagged the blue visor color!

Chorazin said:

What. The. Fuck.
I'm fairly sure you get credits as you progress; however, if you don't have scoring set to "ON," then you won't get any annoying pop ups each time you get cRs.

Guys, can anyone help me out on campaign? I am stuck in the reflection campaign mission. The elevator is broken and there is no way out.

What do I do?

HELP!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
BudokaiMR2 said:
Yeah I think I am just going to Team Objective. Screw SWAT.
Wait until you play Swag (Swat Flag).
ChocholateMILK said:
Guys, can anyone help me out on campaign? I am stuck in the reflection campaign mission. The elevator is broken and there is no way out.

What do I do?

HELP!
Did you go to the back bottom area and destroy the thing(how descriptive of me)? If you did get back on the elevator and ride it back down.

Plywood said:

Unpossible. Is there really a Swat Flag variation? I would seriously abandon ship until Oct 15th or whenever if SWAT infected my beautiful Team Objective.

Plywood said:

Did you go to the back bottom area and destroy the thing(how descriptive of me)? If you did get back on the elevator and ride it back down.

I did and both elevators are broken (I'm serious).

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Net_Wrecker said:
Unpossible. Is there really a Swat Flag variation? I would seriously abandon ship until Oct 15th or whenever if SWAT infected my beautiful Team Objective.
No, no there isn't.

Also I realize I am doing ChocholateMILK a disservice with my terrible explanation and half-ass remembering of the level in question.
ChocholateMILK said:
I did and both elevators are broken (I'm serious).
Can you even walk into the elevators? I believe there is a button in between both of them.

Sean

Banned
Anyone have tips for the space mission on legendary?

I'm just getting tore up by banshees from behind or something and I can usually never get to cover fast enough for my shields to recharge. Should I be using the missiles or the gun? Should I be going after the banshees or the seraphs first? Should I try and hide and wait for the AI to take some out (yea right)?

Plywood said:
No, no there isn't.

Also I realize I am doing ChocholateMILK a disservice with my terrible explanation and half-ass remembering of the level in question.

Can you even walk into the elevators? I believe there is a button in between both of them.

No, you are not doing me a dis-service.

I can go into both elevators and go down but then the elevator goes back in forth and you can't go through. What does this mean? I have explored this entire Reflection thing and it is driving me insane.

FUCK!

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
ChocholateMILK said:

I can go into both elevators and go down but then the elevator goes back in forth and you can't go through. What does this mean? I have explored this entire Reflection thing and it is driving me insane.

FUCK!
You can go down? What does "goes back in forth" mean? What does it do exactly?

Cocopjojo said:

You know when you are in a elevator and it starts to open? Only then do you see a smidgen of daylight of when your red headed kid in the elevator clicks "close" on one of the elevator buttons.

That is the best analogy I could come up with. It is doing it automatically though, the back and forth thing. It is driving me insane.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Sean said:
Anyone have tips for the space mission on legendary?

I'm just getting tore up by banshees from behind or something and I can usually never get to cover fast enough for my shields to recharge. Should I be using the missiles or the gun?
For banshees use the gun, as for your shields, you want to do the upward flip and not the barrel roll to avoid enemy fire, after doing that, boost away for a bit, usually gets them off your tail and you can find the next banshee to shoot.
ChocholateMILK said:

FUCK!
Alright, did you try Revert to Last Save? If there was an issue, hopefully that could fix it, and you should be able to activate the elevator and go down.
Cocopjojo said:
I believe he means he could walk into and out of the elevator and this isn't happening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnDqwcY5QOo#t=1m21s

edit: Oh I see, the elevator keeps opening and closing. o_O

Zomba13

metareferential said:
Yes, it happens. SPOILERZ AHOY:

It's Capt. Keyes that calls her Catherine. They had a love story, and Miranda (Keyes, of course) is their daughter, see Halsey's Journal for reference

So maybe that is what is different in legendary.
That could be it. Would be a sucky legendary bonus though. It's a nice reference but not on the level of the legendary endings. I just hope there is more. Bungie are masters of hiding stuff in their games so I hope there is more to be found.

Cipher said:
I'm going to be disappointed now if the legendary super secret ending isn't a Michael Jackson dance montage performed by the covenant

Sibylus

Banned
ChocholateMILK said:

FUCK!
If you
destroy the signal jammer, Drones ambush you and you proceed back to the elevator from there. If you're wandering around and nothing has engaged you, then methinks you haven't gotten the jammer yet.

Botolf said:
If you
destroy the signal jammer, Drones ambush you and you proceed back to the elevator from there. If you're wandering around and nothing has engaged you, then methinks you haven't gotten the jammer yet.

No, here is what happened when I first stumbled upon this mission.

I destroyed the signal jammer, then I saw the ambush. I ditched them and didn't fight them. I went straight for the elevator and for some very stupid reason, I didn't get out (even though it was fully open). I decided to go back up the elevator of where the jammer was. Then the ambush is gone and I'm completely stuck in this stupid mission. The elevators are doing their malfunction crap thing.

Overall, my experience on this particular part of the mission is making me nerd rage.

SCREW IT, I am restarting the mission.

Thanks for everyone's help, deeply appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom