• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Net_Wrecker said:
WatisthisIdonteven

I'd be piiiiiiiised if I came across that in matchmaking:lol

EDIT: Y'know what's funny about this? That hacked DMR looks WAAAAY better while shooting than any of the fully auto rifles in Halo Reach. I don't understand why the Assault Rifle couldn't look like that. Makes the gun looks so much more visceral.

Bungie has always been remarkably terrible at making their weapons satisfying to fire.

The face-melter was super satisfying to use in the beta, though.

My personal favorite was when he killed somebody through the floor. :lol

I'm sure Bungie will get a fix out quickly. "NOBODY BREAKS OUR GAME BUT US!!!"

Sai-kun said:
2446ro9_th.gif

Please Bungie, Patch it quickly ): I don't want cheaters in my Halo Reach.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
MendicantBS said:
http://s6.tinypic.com/2446ro9_th.gif[IMG]

Please Bungie, Patch it quickly ): I don't want cheaters in my Halo Reach.[/QUOTE]

:lol :lol :lol Welcome to Halo multiplayer bro. Enjoy your stay.

Walshicus

God damnit Marty. I was pretty dismissive about the music from the first cutscene trailer, but now I can't get that damned opening theme out of my head...

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Kentpaul said:
What is with mlg players :lol playing in there shitty edited maps and in there on little world hittin it up like there pro..

then they an joint a rumble pit / team slayer and get there ass kicked from us true halo players

I agree

Daigoro

Sir Fragula said:
God damnit Marty. I was pretty dismissive about the music from the first cutscene trailer, but now I can't get that damned opening theme out of my head...

oh crap me as well.

i was walking the dogs this morning after a session and just couldnt-stop-humming-that-tune.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
So whats the deal with "In Set" on bungie.net fileshares. Why can't I download a map and the appropriate gametype in game, and on B.net it doesn't seem to do anything except let you know that somewhere out there there is a map or gametype to go with this map or gametype.

metareferential said:
Yeah, he was referring to another thing.

We all know her name, thank you.

The point is: a character in the game refers to her with her first name, in a familiar way, thus leading us to infer that there is or was something between said character and Dr. Catherine Halsey.

Maybe the guy you insulted isn't the only retard here.

See this other post for reference.

Yeahhhh, except I beat it on legendary and there was nothing different so...

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
FYI Asylum is exploitable. Ran across it today in Rumble Pit infection. And I DON'T mean standing on top of the structures.

Players can scale the rock face to the right of (I believe) blue spawn. This allows them to get outside the map, and if they stand in the proper spot they can look down into the map without triggering the soft kill countdown.

It made for a very very shitty game of infection, as you can imagine.

I'm surprised it wasn't caught by Bungie in testing & that I didn't see it in matchmaking sooner, to be honest. Because it is very easy to do. No real jump trickery required. Most players that attempted it made it up on their first try.

edit: FIX THIS SHIT GUERILLA.

Dived in and read some of one of the modding forums. Bleh. Depressing stuff.
Break the game all you want, just keep it away from anything to do with Live.

theultimo

Zeouterlimits said:
Sadly, if it gets too far out of hand, it will be as bad as MW2.

Also, it's a meme panda, much like how konami is screwing up dead rising and megaman.

panda21

Zeouterlimits said:

how do they even do it? is it a hacked version of the game running on a modded xbox, or some kind of weird modded controller/peripheral aim bot type thing running on a PC?

theultimo

panda21 said:
how do they even do it? is it a hacked version of the game running on a modded xbox, or some kind of weird modded controller/peripheral aim bot type thing running on a PC?
Jtag hacked xbox. Uses a modded dashboard and mod-chip. You see it a lot on Wii games as well.

Damn. When this game works [for me] it REEEAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLY works. Like 'most rewarding shooter ever' kind of works.

If only that elation wasn't broken up by so many bouts of white-hot frustration. :D

Raide

dslgunstar said:
Damn. When this game works [for me] it REEEAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLY works. Like 'most rewarding shooter ever' kind of works.

If only that elation wasn't broken up by so many bouts of white-hot frustration. :D

Thats how Halo works. :lol

Gradually Bungie will tweak playlists, update stuff and ban loads of people and it should slowly get to a good state.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
seriously..wtf is it with the people who play this game? tonight consisted of everyone voting either swat or snipers as usual, proceeding to learn that not everyone is a '1337 sn1p3r' getting their face owned then quitting ten seconds into the game. its is REALLY hard to stay a good sport when literally 3 out of 5 games go like this. At this point id kill to just be able to separate snipers and swat into different playlists so the assholes who insist on always playing this can go and do that shit with each other. i will take one for the team no problem but there's only so many fucking games of consecutive swat on pinnacle i can take.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
GDJustin said:
FYI Asylum is exploitable. Ran across it today in Rumble Pit infection. And I DON'T mean standing on top of the structures.

Players can scale the rock face to the right of (I believe) blue spawn. This allows them to get outside the map, and if they stand in the proper spot they can look down into the map without triggering the soft kill countdown.

It made for a very very shitty game of infection, as you can imagine.

I'm surprised it wasn't caught by Bungie in testing & that I didn't see it in matchmaking sooner, to be honest. Because it is very easy to do. No real jump trickery required. Most players that attempted it made it up on their first try.

worst thing about it is you have to do it as well, it's not even a secret. I had to play this fucking map 3 or 4 times in a row (or with a 1 game break between it) yesterday in rumble pit. you either do it, or take pistols to the face and take a huge negative. Which I usually take in this mode anyway. grrr.

panda21

Gr1mLock said:
seriously..wtf is it with the people who play this game? tonight consisted of everyone voting either swat or snipers as usual, proceeding to learn that not everyone is a '1337 sn1p3r' getting their face owned then quitting ten seconds into the game. its is REALLY hard to stay a good sport when literally 3 out of 5 games go like this. At this point id kill to just be able to separate snipers and swat into different playlists so the assholes who insist on always playing this can go and do that shit with each other. i will take one for the team no problem but there's only so many fucking games of consecutive swat on pinnacle i can take.

what playlist is that?

on big team battle i only played 1 game of swat and 2 or 3 of snipers so far

remz

you can actually nab those dudes that camp the top of asylum on the rocks as a zombie, you just gotta jump it just riiight

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
remz said:
you can actually nab those dudes that camp the top of asylum on the rocks as a zombie, you just gotta jump it just riiight

yeah but trouble is, if you don't NAIL the jump first time and the guy isn't retarded with the pistol, it's headshot time.

I tried it myself, you can see them coming from everywhere. Best you can do is run hard left at them, and jump up that way. you're still headshot exposed for a good couple seconds though, it's essentially banking on the guy missing you. One of the games I played had a headshot freak up there. he racked up 26 points by the end of the game.

idon't even get why people want to play it, EVERY game starts with a mad dash to the top of the structures/that stupid rock face, followed by lemming behaviour from the zombies.

just the worst mode ever. it used to be a fun distraction, now it just stinks up rumble. full of kill farmers.

That Asylum problem is a very, very easy fix on Bungie's end, don't worry. And I hope that while they're at it they'll sling soft kill boundaries on tops of the bases.

GhaleonEB said:
Having a half dozen people beta testing the map while I was building it was quite helpful, though I kept having to apologize for untimely deaths. :lol
Is there a way to force everyone to be players and have yourself be the only one with editing powers? Because I'd be very antsy about having half a dozen people in my Forge session.

Edit 1: Also, people are complaining that the Weekly Challenge doesn't actually give them credits when completed?

Edit 2: Also, today's Challenges are up...

Shootin' and Lootin' - Kill 150 enemies in any game mode in Reach.
Survivor - Earn 7 Sprees in a Firefight Matchmaking game.
Put Your Quarter Up - Complete 10 games in multiplayer Matchmaking.
Close Talking - Earn 40 kills with close quarters combat in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Challenges:

Shootin' and Lootin' - 1500cR

Kill 150 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

Survivor - 1200cR

Earn 7 Sprees in a Firefight Matchmaking game.

Put Your Quarter Up - 1000cR

Complete 10 games in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Close Talking - 600cR

Earn 40 kills with close quarters combat in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Shake Appeal said:
Is there a way to force everyone to be players and have yourself be the only one with editing powers? Because I'd be very antsy about having half a dozen people in my Forge session.

Don't think so. Best to save when someone joins and invites folks you trust.

So I get my Xbox on Live today. I get into rumble pit thinking 'awww yeah time to play some slayer'. To my surprise I get stuck with... Rally? Erm...

Daigoro

MarshMellow96 said:
So I get my Xbox on Live today. I get into rumble pit thinking 'awww yeah time to play some slayer'. To my surprise I get stuck with... Rally? Erm...

lucky. couldve been Infection.

Buckethead said:
Yeah I figured that'd be the best bet.
I wasn't sure if you'd get enough.

Thanks.
Well, you have to not die as much as possible.

Or, actually, you could just intentionally die after every killing spree, but that would be dumb.

Zel3

MarshMellow96 said:
Rally is not that bad compared to the atrocity that is infection. The playlists in this game are so bad. :lol

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Any word on Bungie fixing the betrayal/boot system? I have been kicked out from a match for a third time just because i keep shooting rockets or throwing nades at enemies while they are assasinating teammates. It doesn't seem fair IMO considering a player's instinct is to kick.

Trasher

Shake Appeal said:
Play one game of Gruntpocalypse. Just did it.
Do a Score Attack, and do a Sniper one. You get three sprees after 15 kills with the sniper on top of the regular Killing Sprees.

The assists need to be fixed for Arena to reach its potential. Right now, every fire-fight is basically just a race against my own teammates to get the kill-shot. That's not fun or conducive to competitive play, its just conducive to cherry-pickers and people betraying each other with haphazard grenades.

Yes, assists and kills are worth the same amount but earning assists is harder than getting the actual kill. :lol Everybody wants to place in the top four, win or loss be damned, so your own teammates become your competitors. That's so lame. :(

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
BTW, I dislike the thread title. It is a bitch to CTRL+F the thread in the first page.

Blueblur1

I'm not a fan of this new thread title. I keep missing the thread when I'm quickly glancing at the Gaming Discussion page.

And goddamit, Bungie ban these assholes immediately and work on a fix. >:|

Falt

I go away for a week, get back and there's a new thread. As predicted, halogaf is moving way too fast for me to have any chance of keeping up.

Well played, fellows. Well played.

What's all this modding talk about? Link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom