• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice if Bungie could track what players voted for each gametype. That way, if anybody voted for SWAT or Snipers, they could revoke their voting rights.

'Sorry buddy, clearly you're not ready for this responsibility. You'll get suffrage when you learn some fucking taste.'

dslgunstar said:
It would be nice if Bungie could track what players voted for each gametype. That way, if anybody voted for SWAT or Snipers, they could revoke their voting rights.

'Sorry buddy, clearly you're not ready for this responsibility. You'll get suffrage when you learn some fucking taste.'
THIS IS AMERICA

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Zomba13 said:
According to an interview there is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLdd9bHPCTo
(@ 12:47)
That could refer to a character calling Halsey Catherine instead of Halsey on legendary (apparently that happens)

People are looking for easter eggs and mysterious and stuff. So far people think it could that you have to do a vidmaster run or the game (killing all the BoBs, hitting all the switches) but no one knows yet. I have a feeling it'll belike the IWHBYD skull in Halo 3, eventually someone will look on the dvd and dig out anything odd. I mena how would have thought of jumping though the rings in that order in Halo 3?

Uh, her name is Dr. Catherine Halsey.
ChocholateMILK said:
No, here is what happened when I first stumbled upon this mission.

I destroyed the signal jammer, then I saw the ambush. I ditched them and didn't fight them. I went straight for the elevator and for some very stupid reason, I didn't get out (even though it was fully open). I decided to go back up the elevator of where the jammer was. Then the ambush is gone and I'm completely stuck in this stupid mission. The elevators are doing their malfunction crap thing.

Overall, my experience on this particular part of the mission is making me nerd rage.

SCREW IT, I am restarting the mission.

Thanks for everyone's help, deeply appreciated.
You sound like a retard, so...That's probably your problem.

STG

YES!

got the "if they hear me beg" achievement

FINALLY!

got it on nightfall, worked best for me \o/

Sean

Banned
Plywood said:
For banshees use the gun, as for your shields, you want to do the upward flip and not the barrel roll to avoid enemy fire, after doing that, boost away for a bit, usually gets them off your tail and you can find the next banshee to shoot.

Thanks, that helped - forgot about the upward flip move. Making my way through the Corvette now. I'm pretty shocked and proud of myself that I got halfway through the game on legendary solo. I usually gave up trying on the first level in past Halo games :lol but this seems like something I can do, far less cheap than before.

LAUGHTREY said:
Uh, her name is Dr. Catherine Halsey.

Yeah, he was referring to another thing.

We all know her name, thank you.

The point is: a character in the game refers to her with her first name, in a familiar way, thus leading us to infer that there is or was something between said character and Dr. Catherine Halsey.

Maybe the guy you insulted isn't the only retard here.

See this other post for reference.

Scarecrow

It doesn't seem to be well known, but everyone knows the AR tears up banshees, right? Everyone always seems to fruitlessly fire their DMRs at them.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
ManCannon said:
my theory as to why SWAT style of play is more popular than ever before: the emergence and huge success and player base of modern war shooters.

Personally I HATE it but to each his/her own.

I personally enjoy it, then it pisses me off because I like to play it as a variation. It's fun, but not so fun that you should never play other modes.

KJTB

At first I really hated swat but I've gotten pretty good at it now so it's not all so bad if it gets chosen... I still choose something else no matter what over it though.

What's with everyone choosing infection in rumble pit? It's cool like the first couple of times you play it but it gets pretty old after a while...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Dipindots said:
At first I really hated swat but I've gotten pretty good at it now so it's not all so bad if it gets chosen... I still choose something else no matter what over it though.

What's with everyone choosing infection in rumble pit? It's cool like the first couple of times you play it but it gets pretty old after a while...

Yeah the voting is messed up right now. Rumble Pit is unplayable in my experiences. Every time I jump into Rumble Pit I wind up playing two games of Infection back to back and then I leave. Just not "that" fun.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Dipindots said:

CoD kids love them some Infection and Swat.

STG said:
YES!

got the "if they hear me beg" achievement

FINALLY!

got it on nightfall, worked best for me \o/
So you hit the first guy, then just jumped and melee'd? Do you have to almost kind of hit the ground first?

Plywood said:
CoD kids love them some Infection and Swat.
Hey I resent that remark. I like Infection, it's fun and different, has nothing to do with CoD really.

I think Infection/Safe Havens should be its own playlist, in fact I think its kind of crazy it doesn't already.

Sean

Banned
People pick SWAT/Snipers because it's easy headshots and one-hit kills. Simple as that. It's a power weapon that you don't get to use normally and you also get a lot of credits and commendations (Crack Shot, One Shot) and thus rank up faster.

And having daily challenges like "Headshot Honcho" only make the problem worse.

STG

Neuromancer said:
So you hit the first guy, then just jumped and melee'd? Do you have to almost kind of hit the ground first?
yeah

killed the first one and waited for the other guy down there to turn his back to me
run -> jump -> release run -> nearly landed behind him and melee

Daigoro

Scarecrow said:
It doesn't seem to be well known, but everyone knows the AR tears up banshees, right? Everyone always seems to fruitlessly fire their DMRs at them.

i did not know that. thanks for the tip. gotta try that out.

Truelize said:
Yeah the voting is messed up right now. Rumble Pit is unplayable in my experiences. Every time I jump into Rumble Pit I wind up playing two games of Infection back to back and then I leave. Just not "that" fun.

ug. tried some Rumble Pit to start with yesterday.

Safe Havens gets voted. everyone complains. next game they all pick Infection. next game i quit in disgust.

i really dont either of those game types at all.

STG said:
yeah

killed the first one and waited for the other guy down there to turn his back to me
run -> jump -> release run -> nearly landed behind him and melee
I see, I see... So as soon as you're right behind him really, somewhere right between almost landing and landing, that's when you press and hold RB?

Sorry for all the questions, I've been trying for this dumb thing for a coon's age.

KJTB

Daigoro said:
Safe Havens gets voted. everyone complains. next game they all pick Infection. next game i quit in disgust.

i really dont either of those game types at all.

Same thing happens with swat from my experience, it always gets like 4 to 6 votes and then people always leave or bitch the entire time.

Vestal

Truelize said:

THIS!!!

Infection once every 7 matches i can stomach, but 3 freaking times in a row?!?!? Not to mention that there are a couple of spots on a few maps that are almost PERFECT to just setup camp with the Shotgun and go to town with little to no risk of being caught by the zombies.

STG

Neuromancer said:
I see, I see... So as soon as you're right behind him really, somewhere right between almost landing and landing, that's when you press and hold RB?

Sorry for all the questions, I've been trying for this dumb thing for a coon's age.

I made a picture!

reachbpx2.jpg

guess it looked like this

Striker

SailorDaravon said:
Just got Multi-team SWAT earlier which in of itself is not unusual, but we got Hemorrhage :lol :lol

How the fuck did that one get past playtesting?? Also this may have been brought up (threads have been moving too fast for me to completely keep up), but is there any explanation for why the fuck it takes 2+ weeks to implement simple changes like removing the Scorpions from Hemorrhage?
Multi-team in itself has awful spawning.

For example, they picked Oddball in The Cage. Ugh. Anyways, as yellow team and orange team shoot me despite my team not even near the ball, green grabs possession and goes back down low to hide in a Drop Shield. Even if you can make it down there to kill them, it won't matter because they keep spawning in that same location. Infuriating to say the least, so they can die, but their teammate can immediately spawn with the Drop Shield AA, rinse and repeat. Yawn.gif

Rumble Pit is also putrid. It's all Classic and Infection. So one boring gametype with awful zombie evade, and Classic Slayer where you mostly fight in small maps with 12 players and they just run around throwing grenades, shooting AR, and melee.

Two of my most despise-able game modes, for sure.

Stick with Team Slayer, Team Objective, and BTB. Slayer will be better once SWAT is removed, and Objectives will be more fun with Scorpion removal from Hemorrhage and Drop Shield being taken out of Oddball.

Don't know how but I made it out of New Alexandria on Legendary with my chopper shot to hell.

Any tips on tank preservation for The Package?
I shall tackle these last two missions by week's end.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Neuromancer said:
Hey I resent that remark. I like Infection, it's fun and different, has nothing to do with CoD really.

I think Infection/Safe Havens should be its own playlist, in fact I think its kind of crazy it doesn't already.
But you don't disagree about Swat then?

Also I found it baffling that Swat and Snipers didn't have their own play list on release considering H3 currently does.

While infection can be fun, every now and then, it really belongs in something like H3's Action Sack.

Plywood said:
But you don't disagree about Swat then?

Also I found it baffling that Swat and Snipers didn't have their own play list on release considering H3 currently does.

While infection can be fun, every now and then, it really belongs in something like H3's Action Sack.
Well I'm of the opinion different modes should have their own modes, period. If you want to play Infection, or SWAT, or Invasion, or Team Slayer, you should be able to without playlists and voting and all that nonsense.

I like the idea of playlists in theory, you know, try out modes you may not otherwise and democracy and all that, but as we can see here, they force people to play modes they don't want to. And that just sucks.

Striker

You also don't need twenty million playlists. They just need to restrict weighting of certain gametypes. Snipers should, or I hope will be, slimmed down in weight for Team Slayer. It should be mostly Slayer DMRs or regular Slayer. For Rumble Pit, it should mostly be Team Headhunter, I would guess, and regular Slayer. Far too often I see Infection and Classic Slayer pop up. Every time I tried yesterday, they did and even without a veto.

Wait until the guy backs up to put you in range.
Sprint, jump, and tilt your view downward.

Note many miss: you have to tap out of sprint before attempting the execution.

Hold RB not just press obviously.

Buckethead said:
Wait until the guy backs up to put you in range.
Sprint, jump, and tilt your view downward.

Note many miss: you have to tap out of sprint before attempting the execution.

Hold RB not just press obviously.
OK thanks I'll keep trying.

I get the assassination animation consistently and don't know what I'm doing wrong though.

STG

Neuromancer said:
OK thanks I'll keep trying.

I get the assassination animation consistently and don't know what I'm doing wrong though.
maybe you would have landed on him instead of behind him, that does not count

it's a very stupid achievement

STG said:
maybe you would have landed on him instead of behind him, that does not count

it's a very stupid achievement
Nah it's definitely not that, I think it has to do with my timing of pressing and holding the RB.

Oh well, I'll keep at it, my luck has to change sooner or later.

YAY!

I finished the campaign!

On normal that is....lol.

I have been doing it on that since H2 so I don't see why I should stop now.

I already knew the ending but overall, the campaign blew me away. I got choked up and I got emotional at the end.

I think if we can have the spirit LoTR's emotional attachment and their fight scenes in a Halo movie, it could be a huge success.

_Bro

Banned
You can't land on them since landing on "characters" allows you to survive falls. You have to be next to the Elite for the achievement.

_Bro said:
You can't land on them since landing on "characters" allows you to survive falls. You have to be next to the Elite for the achievement.
Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not my issue. I'm not sure what my issue is exactly but I am very careful to be behind him when I hold the RB.

If I had to guess I'd say I'm probably landing for too long on the ground first.

Seems weird to me you can get this achievement on Nightfall considering that fall doesn't kill you anyway.

GhaleonEB

Two steps forward, one step back. An entire evening of iterating on infantry cover and edge protection for vehicles and I got exactly one (two, since the map is symmetrical) areas done that I'm really happy with. On the plus side, I harvested $700 in budget by swapping out some expensive parts for cheaper ones with minimal loss in efficacy, and came out with some minor movement issues solved. So tomorrow I should be able to go on a cover placing spree.

Having a half dozen people beta testing the map while I was building it was quite helpful, though I kept having to apologize for untimely deaths. :lol

Sean

Banned
Nitpicky I know, but the "Civilian died, mission failed" thing (on Exodus) is so fucking dumb.

There's literally dozens of dead civilians littered all over the ground and yet if I kill one by accident (brute was holding it hostage) my spartan just self-destructs/collapses. Give me a fucking break, that's the whole reason they're in the level, to be cannon fodder.

Every video game does this shit and I don't understand why.

Zeal

Banned
i'd give anything for a straight up, classic Big Team CTF playlist. if i get BT Snipers again, i'm gonna freakin' scream. sitting there sniping over and over for 15minutes really takes the glory out of an occasional well placed headshot.

Sean said:
Nitpicky I know, but the "Civilian died, mission failed" thing (on Exodus) is so fucking dumb.

There's literally dozens of dead civilians littered all over the ground and yet if I kill one by accident (brute was holding it hostage) my spartan just self-destructs/collapses. Give me a fucking break, that's the whole reason they're in the level, to be cannon fodder.

You really have to do it intentionally.

There's no way it could be an accident.

I say this because I tried and tested how long does it take to kill a civilian.

It's like a fucking Elite Ultra :lol

Sean said:

Maybe they don't want people recreating the "No Russian" scene from MW2

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
What is with mlg players :lol playing in there shitty edited maps and in there on little world hittin it up like there pro..

then they an joint a rumble pit / team slayer and get there ass kicked from us true halo players

Sai-kun said:

WatisthisIdonteven

I'd be piiiiiiiised if I came across that in matchmaking:lol

EDIT: Y'know what's funny about this? That hacked DMR looks WAAAAY better while shooting than any of the fully auto rifles in Halo Reach. I don't understand why the Assault Rifle couldn't look like that. Makes the gun looks so much more visceral.

Sean

Banned
metareferential said:
You really have to do it intentionally.

There's no way it could be an accident.

I say this because I tried and tested how long does it take to kill a civilian.

It's like a fucking Elite Ultra :lol

I swear I did it completely by accident, was just sniping brutes and then it said I killed a civilian. I thought it was a bug at first then when it reloaded I noticed the Brute holding a civilian, so I guess I sniped em both :lol

There was a checkpoint just before it so I didn't lose any progress, just baffled as to why every game does this crap, so silly imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom