• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
electricpirate said:
I go 5 games in a row negative then all of a sudden I'm just all, "HEY I'M FUCKING TIRED OF THIS SHIT" and get 24 kills to go +10, while we were down a player. WTF me. Play like that all the time.

So the cage, <3 you for 2v2, h8 you for 4v4.

I don't get the hate for the Cage. I personally like it except for certain game modes. There's no real "sit and camp" spots, which I like.

Trickster

Thagomizer said:
I don't get the hate for the Cage. I personally like it except for certain game modes. There's no real "sit and camp" spots, which I like.

The spawns are atrocious, probably the worst of any halo map ever.

Striker said:
We could get Neutral Bomb/Multi-flag on 1-sided maps... like we did for Ghost Town. :|
unrelated. Historically, Bungie has never given us 1 Flag CTF on symmetrical maps. It should be multi-flag on those maps.

Thagomizer said:

I find with 4 vs 4, especially with DMR starts, it's really easy to push one team down to the lower level, and as long as the sniper is covered it's nearly impossible to organize a push to reclaim the top.

It there's very little cover, about effective positions that are are good to utilize, so the game often either spawns you into the one position that isn't currently occupied by the enemy (you then will see a hail of nades and DMR fire coming at you) or it spawns you somewhere more open where you have to sprint to cover and hope.

2 Vs 2 though, I find that one team can't cover all the angles the same way, and you don't get spawn trapped as easily. Being on top is an advantage, but you have to use a lot of communication and co-operation to KEEP that advantage. At that point, it's wide open design with lots of angles plays really well.

Trickster

Thagomizer said:
I've only noticed this a few times; it's actually been one of the better maps for me, spawn-wise. *shrug*

I don't know how many times I've spawned on either floor in the tower, while an enemy was either below or above me. It's also incredibly common to get shot at right within seconds of spawning.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Are they going to do anything about the black screen getting rid of armor ability? It's real nice when you're jet packing and you get a 15 second black screen followed by falling to your death. :lol

Had 3 teammates quit on me within the first 10 seconds of Team Swat.

Guess what, I lost! :lol 50-18, with a -25 spread. Most of the time, as soon as I would spawn i'd be dead, they had the entire map covered (Pinnacle)

I hate Reach sometimes. :(

Mooreberg

MattPeters said:

Guess what, I lost! :lol 50-18, with a -25 spread. Most of the time, as soon as I would spawn i'd be dead, they had the entire map covered (Pinnacle)

This is where the wait ban shouldn't apply if you are the last person to quit. It really isn't doing anything to keep people from hopping in and out of games, and they never get replaced. One area where COD is way less annoying.

Raiden

Banned
MattPeters said:

We got owned in Big Team Slayer this evening, everybody but i do mean everybody quit from the start, so it was me and 2 friends vs 1 fella, he killed me once and then just hid :lol

12 minutes of searching the map, for a loss lol. So yeah, Reach can suck sometimes(or me)

Diablohead said:
So bungle when will we see a balance fix for the first wave of boneyard? and elite weapons buff would not go a miss either. :/
Maybe calling them 'bungle' isn't the best way to get their attention.

LosDaddie

Banned
electricpirate said:
Run with a friend, use the AR a bunch. If both of you double AR people you should knock of both the assist and Automatic weapons one pretty quick.

If running alone, use the needler, it's more effective than the AR and still counts.

Heroic+iron skull on an easy level should get you the SP one pretty easily.

Epyon MX said:
Got the "Be Vigilant" campaign challenge in 4 minutes with 5 kills.

I did it on New Alexandria and turned on pretty much all the skulls on Heroic.

4 banshees for +1057 points each
1 phantom for +7050 points.

Done. Now back to assist grinding. :D

Thanks! For the Be Viligant challenge, do I have to finish the mission? Or can I just quit once I get it?

Also, anyone have a tip to get that 180 kill challenge?

Mooreberg said:
This is where the wait ban shouldn't apply if you are the last person to quit. It really isn't doing anything to keep people from hopping in and out of games, and they never get replaced. One area where COD is way less annoying.
Getting put into a 250-700 tdm game is pretty annoying when you're on a 30 game winning streak.

cuevas said:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, saying that he doesn't get halo is trying to dismiss it as uninformed. If that's how he felt afterwards you can't try and justify why he didn't enjoy it as much as you.

Well no, I can't say "YOUR OPPINION IS WRONG!" that would be silly.

What I am saying is that his review basically glosses over a large part of what makes the campaign great. Either that stuff didn't click with him, or he didn't understand why he enjoyed it (spurting distance of classic status I believe is how he put it). What it doesn't do, is make it a good review, or even an especially useful or entertaining review, like many of Yhatzee's.

Really it reminds me a lot of the initial reaction to Halo: CE, where it had a lot of people with this really positive gut reaction to it, but they couldn't really say "why" they loved it so much. This led to the reaction where a lot of FPS veterans would make it up some comment about it just being good "For consoles." or that it was sold based on marketing not quality.

Yhatzee's review was like that, "Overalll I hated these things, but liked the game a lot, but I can't really quite tell you why." Hence my comment about him not really getting Halo.

LosDaddie said:
Thanks! For the Be Viligant challenge, do I have to finish the mission? Or can I just quit once I get it?

Also, anyone have a tip to get that 180 kill challenge?
Play 2 rounds gruntocalypse and the challenge will be yours.

Thagomizer said:
but we are probably going to get a Transformers or Independence Day: lowest common denominator drivel full of "witty" one liners, gratuitous action shots, and lousy character development.

Yep, let's face the facts here: there's a 85% chance that a Halo movie will be directed by Michael Bay. Senior Spielbergo's involvement all but confirms it. I can't wait to behold "jive-talkin' Johnson," slo-mo fireballs galore, and blinged out MC in IMAX 3D in 2015. Hollywood doesn't want (or understand) nuance, they want a big dumb tentpople movie that'll spawn a trilogy.

electricpirate said:
Well no, I can't say "YOUR OPPINION IS WRONG!" that would be silly.

What I am saying is that his review basically glosses over a large part of what makes the campaign great. Either that stuff didn't click with him, or he didn't understand why he enjoyed it (spurting distance of classic status I believe is how he put it). What it doesn't do, is make it a good review, or even an especially useful or entertaining review, like many of Yhatzee's.

Really it reminds me a lot of the initial reaction to Halo: CE, where it had a lot of people with this really positive gut reaction to it, but they couldn't really say "why" they loved it so much. This led to the reaction where a lot of FPS veterans would make it up some comment about it just being good "For consoles." or that it was sold based on marketing not quality.

Yhatzee's review was like that, "Overalll I hated these things, but liked the game a lot, but I can't really quite tell you why." Hence my comment about him not really getting Halo.
Yeah but most of the reviews for the games he ends up saying are good are like that

Mooreberg

cuevas said:
Getting put into a 250-700 tdm game is pretty annoying when you're on a 30 game winning streak.

I find that most people in COD don't particularly care what their win ratio is to begin with. :lol

Also weird that somebody can "win" a match in this game after quitting.

Mooreberg said:
I find that most people in COD don't particularly care what their win ratio is to begin with. :lol

Also weird that somebody can "win" a match in this game after quitting.

It was just annoying because we had 3 of us who would just always play together and then we got split in that match and I lost my winning streak :( FUCK YOU COD

Oh and for all the folks who say that Halo:CE wouldn't make a good movie... shut up. It's totally doable. You could set most of the action on Halo and work origin story flashbacks into the narrative structure, similar to Batman Begins. You mix the crazy Forerunner/Flood setpieces with quiet introspectve moments.

Oh, and the moron who stated that Marty shouldn't do the score needs professional help.

Absinthe

witness said:
Oh wow you can finally view your Spartan online now eh? News to me and AWESOME. I'm totally rocking the ODST look and I also bought Nathan "Buck" Fillion's voice as well. I will stay with that look until Lt. Col. most likely, only other upgrades I want along the way are the next leg utility piece and that wrist computer at Major.

Mines still not updated. Fix this shit Bungie!

Please...

I've been holding off really getting into MP until the playlist update, so I've really only been in campaign and FF.

I played MP all day today (with a little FF to mix it up) and good grief this game is fun. :)

---------------------------------------------------

I read the thread quite a bit, and I think I was starting to get really bummed about certain parts of Reach. There's a lot of venting going on, and a lot of criticism and strong discussion, so it's little wonder that it was beginning to color my view of the game. I didn't always win today, and there were more than a few WTF moments, but Bungie has a fantastic game on its hands and I blew off all of my work for today just caught up in MP and challenges. ;)

Thanks for the game, Bungie, and thanks for the best Halo discussion on the net, HaloGAF. :)

This game is fucking hot. Like Halo 1 hot, god damn. Ugly, but I guess they can't be masters of everything. Best shooter I've played this generation, with a massive margin.

Chorazin

FUCK YOU WARRANT OFFICER G3!!! Address me as Captain now, bitch!

EDIT: Also played Team Slayer and got Slayer and Elite Slayer and took the top spot in each. Dizzamn!

Two matches tonight out of about four someone on my team has quit right at the start, I think reach is getting to me now, 3 on 4 with one of my remaining team mates going afk half way in is not helping

Epyon MX said:
Got the "Be Vigilant" campaign challenge in 4 minutes with 5 kills.

I did it on New Alexandria and turned on pretty much all the skulls on Heroic.

4 banshees for +1057 points each
1 phantom for +7050 points.

Done. Now back to assist grinding. :D
Long Night of Solace - Rally Point Alpha with every skull on gets you it in about 90seconds :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom