• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
AltogetherAndrews said:

I don't understand how people can say the game is ugly. Except for some motion blur that activates at weird times and framerate dips, the game is pretty stinkin' good looking.

aesop

The Lamonster said:
It's neither. It's Captain Mal Reynolds from Firefly.
Nope. Not him either. It's the guy from Saving Private Ryan who cries like a little girl because he thinks his little brothers are dead.

Thagomizer said:
I don't understand how people can say the game is ugly. Except for some motion blur that activates at weird times and framerate dips, the game is pretty stinkin' good looking.

It's jaggy, flat, everything feels low res and muddy, it's sometimes glitchy, and there is plenty of slowdown. The sense of scale is every bit as impressive as it has always been which is really the most important part (and which I felt was lacking in ODST), but the details aren't hot.

On the upside, the new designs of enemy characters are awesome.

aesop said:
Nope. Not him either. It's the guy from Saving Private Ryan who cries like a little girl because he thinks his little brothers are dead.
I'm sorry but you're all wrong. Its Caleb from the last season of Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

Doodis

The Lamonster said:
It's neither. It's Captain Mal Reynolds from Firefly.

Nope, it's the actor that played Captain Mal Reynolds in the movie Serenity.

The Wise Old Man said:
I think it's actually Dr. Jim Pomatter from "Waitress." Anyone? [crickets]

Great movie.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Holy Shit these Commendations are starting to get ridiculous. 1k for Gold Rear Admiral? I was farming assists like crazy camping w/camo and only got 12 to finish my trek to silver. :eek:

Sai-kun

Banned
Zel3 said:
to get the 10,000 point challenge really fast just play the 6th mission.. turn all the skulls on and start at rally point alpha.

you should get the challenge with a few banshee kills.

:lol I don't think I really understood how easy this would make it until I tried it. I think I killed like 8 banshees in <30 seconds and completed the challenge. LMAO.

Hugbot

Doodis said:
Nope, it's the actor that played Captain Mal Reynolds in the movie Serenity.
I don't know about all that, I just know him as that shirtless firefighter from those weird recurring dreams.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Finished Legendary solo.

What a horrible, unenjoyable, frustrating and down-right abysmal experience (aside from Nightfall and New Alexandria). Oh well, as long as it's done and the Achievements are mine. :)

So when's the pointless level cap being lifted?

GhaleonEB said:
Slither was awesome. And the plot had some strong Halo overtones (Flood-type creature).
Yeah I liked it, it was a good dumb creature feature the way horror movies used to be like back in the 80's.

Doodis

Domino Theory said:
Finished Legendary solo.

What a horrible, unenjoyable, frustrating and down-right abysmal experience (aside from Nightfall and New Alexandria). Oh well, as long as it's done and the Achievements are mine. :)

I do not like to hear this. Just started my legendary runthrough last night. :/

Sai-kun

Banned
Domino Theory said:
Finished Legendary solo.

The only one I found awful was the last level (due to some fucking insane framerate drops when trying to zoom in on enemies) and the civilian evacuation level. framerate was all over the place. But I totally cheesed it to get to the two AA turrets mid-level. Oh well.

Seriously though, the framerate thing was so fucking annoying.

GhaleonEB

Neuromancer said:
Yeah I liked it, it was a good dumb creature feature the way horror movies used to be like back in the 80's.
Agree. That was exactly what I was hoping for when I saw it, so I was delighted. Fillion was hilarious, as well.

=(

I only have 2 levels down in legendary solo, so that's what, 8 to go. What a mean achievement. I know I don't have to get it, but still.

Raide

...hrmmm...I think I need to get Bungie.pro. I actually wish they had more space for Screenshots but a normal amount for Maps etc.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Doodis said:

There are two rooms in front of you.

Room #1 has a man being tortured by having a tiger munching on the man's balls while he is electrocuted with 100,000 volts.

Room #2 is a man playing Reach Legendary solo.

The difference - you will not see it.

MrBig

Neuromancer said:
=(

I only have 2 levels down in legendary solo, so that's what, 8 to go. What a mean achievement. I know I don't have to get it, but still.
I thought it was easier than H3 legendary solo.

zumphry

Banned
The Lamonster said:
THE GREAT PRO DEBATE: A Forum Divided

Time to pull out the HaloGAF Civil War GIF or what? Still a bit premature? I wanna be funny but I have bad timing (plus I'm not really funny).

PsychoRaven said:
Yea. While a fan of Bungie I have to say they were stupid to give up their IPs. I would never have given up something that I worked so hard to create. 3 great IPs lost now and out of their control. Sadly 2 of them are pretty much dead.

Thank god they kept Marathon and the others though.

I had written a huge post about how Bungie really sucks with keeping IPs they made (though, if I remember correctly, 343i has said they'd welcome Bungie to make any Halo games, if Bungie decided to make another one, but I'm probably wrong), and a reply to why it'd probably be bad if Bungie went back to Myth or Oni, or even Marathon and how they'd probably be criticized for "trying to copy" Halo with any new Marathon games*.

But I'd be tore apart by both Halo story fans and Bungie Multiverse (Myth, Oni, Marathon) fans because I probably forgot something or said the wrong thing* when typing it up.

*like comparing Halo's and Marathon's stories and I should stop trying to explain my explanation as to why my first explanation wasn't posted because who the fuck cares?

So, something something Halo something something, I'm afraid of PoA on Legendary because I'm a wuss something.

Zel3

Sai-kun said:
:lol I don't think I really understood how easy this would make it until I tried it. I think I killed like 8 banshees in <30 seconds and completed the challenge. LMAO.
:D
On legendary i had extremely bad framerate problems when defending
Helsey's lab,
it was basically unplayable. I had to let the AI buddies do most of the work. I don't know if this was just my xbox or what.

Doodis said:
IMHO you should not listen to what Domino is saying.

I thoroughly enjoyed my Legendary run-through and cannot think of one specific area that gave me a lot of trouble.

Have fun and enjoy yourself!

Sai-kun

Banned
Zel3 said:
Helsey's lab,
it was basically unplayable. I had to let the AI buddies do most of the work. I don't know if this was just my xbox or what.

Oh my god. This was so. fucking. frustrating. seriously.

It was pretty much unplayable. It was absolutely awful. I could write paragraphs about how awful it was. Fuck that part.

Seriously. Fuck. It.

Fuck.

NOKYARD

Hugbot said:
I don't know about all that, I just know him as that shirtless firefighter from those weird recurring dreams.
aaaaand it comes circle. He's my shirtless firefight voice as well.

Zel3 said:
Helsey's lab,
You know that battle is basically skippable, right? I was off playing cat 'n mouse with a Wraith for about 10 minutes when i got the call back to the lab.

theultimo

Hypertrooper said:
Finished all daily challenges. WOOT! Thx Cuban Legend! Only 1800Cr left for the next rank. :D
I'm getting close to the cap, I hope soon they take if off. Almost hit Major, and only 1 rank left after that :\

RedAssedApe

Banned
I don't even bother playing games on the highest difficulty level anymore regardless of achievements. Its just not fun most of the time. COD4 was pretty much what killed it for me. I still remember the fucking timed mission bullshit. Specifically the next to final mission where you'd have to prone around corners as apparently every enemy is a sniper regardless of the gun they are carrying.

.la1n

GhaleonEB said:
Agree. That was exactly what I was hoping for when I saw it, so I was delighted. Fillion was hilarious, as well.

you all suck, he played opposite the magnificent Ryan Reynolds in the short lived but hillarious TV show two guys, a girl, and a pizza place.

photo_lrg.jpg

Hypertrooper said:
Could it be that i'm the only one who really enjoy the Legendary solo run. (except the
firefight-like combats at the end of P.o.A.
I'm with you bro. Playing it in anything else is now too easy and boring.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
riceandbeans said:
Any word on when the Campaign co-op matchmaking goes live? They said October. Hopefully it doesn't lag stupidly like Firefight...

It will, but next time you search for firefight set your custom search to good connection. Since I've started that I haven't had too much trouble.

Hypertrooper said:
Finished all daily challenges. WOOT! Thx Cuban Legend! Only 1800Cr left for the next rank. :D
Thanks to you as well bro Runnign around Multiteam with Armor Lock is the way to get assists. :D Sorry I couldn't stick around longer to help you finish.

Now who's up for some Halo Wars co-op campaign to relax from a Reach's daily challenges? I've got all day free.

Mr. Sam

Fifteen thousand cR, give or take, away from Lieutenant Colonel. Hopefully tomorrow's challenges will be generous and help me on my way. I tire of being a Major. Give me mah JFO helmet!

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
I think this is the most frustrating Halo to play without a party, just seems like teams run around like chickens with their heads cut off if they don't actually know one another. :(

Gui_PT

Cuban Legend said:
Thanks to you as well bro Runnign around Multiteam with Armor Lock is the way to get assists. :D Sorry I couldn't stick around longer to help you finish.

Now who's up for some Halo Wars co-op campaign to relax from a Reach's daily challenges? I've got all day free.

I can co-op with you, just not today. But you should know I suck :D =(

Jury helped me out a lot though, thanks btw man. We gotta party up some day if you're reading this.

StUnNeR H2K

Hypertrooper said:
Could it be that i'm the only one who really enjoy the Legendary solo run. (except the
firefight-like combats at the end of P.o.A.

I enjoyed it... only a couple moments that seemed really difficult. Shogmaster is right though... now when I play on anything other than Legendary the game just feels super easy.

Sill4

:lol at all the pro halogaffers who can't handle solo legendary.

Every encounter is an epic battle. I can't play it on any other difficulty now, I'll feel like a pussy!

Halo 2 Legendary = shards of glass in your dick hole

Not a Jellyfish said:
I think this is the most frustrating Halo to play without a party, just seems like teams run around like chickens with their heads cut off if they don't actually know one another. :(
That's exactly how I felt about Halo 3 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom