• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tadale

Probably been covered, but does anyone know how many days you have to be rated in season 2 before you're given a division?

Monocle

Neuromancer said:
Dude the campaign one is so easy. Takes five minutes. New Alexandria, on legendary, all skulls, fly around and blow up a few banshees. Easy 1200 cR.
I did it on Tip of the Spear, Heroic, with 4 skulls on. Cleared the first battle, took out
the first AA gun with the rocket hog
and mopped up the survivors, challenge complete. Your method sounds even easier, though.

zumphry

Banned
Monocle said:
I did it on Tip of the Spear, Heroic, with 4 skulls on. Cleared the first battle, took out
the first AA gun with the rocket hog
and mopped up the survivors, challenge complete. Your method sounds even easier, though.

Normal, all skulls but blind and Iron in Rally Point Alpha on Long Night of Solace. 4/5 Banshees destroyed, you have around 100500 points or so. Neuromancer's method might be faster due to it being on Legendary and due to not having to wait for the game to spawn the Space Banshees.

Also,
gold_large_headshot_firefight.png

:D

yeah, I know, Firefight. :(

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
After taking a lengthy break from Solo Legendary after the very very shitty nightfall, I finally dove back in tonight and cleared Tip of the Spear without much difficulty. Only 17 deaths, most of them right away when you have to take down the first AA gun.

I abused checkpoints to get it gone. On the rocket hog in the beginning, every time I would take out one of the three enemy vehicles, I would retreat and force a checkpoint. Makes things much more pleasant.

Legendary is crazy though, man. Even the on-rails helicopter "breather" section killed me several times. You need to REALLY be on the ball with taking out targets as soon as they come into site, or they will waste you.

On to Long Night of Solace. Not looking forward to the final few encounters...

Ruprit

GDJustin said:
After taking a lengthy break from Solo Legendary after the very very shitty nightfall, I finally dove back in tonight and cleared Tip of the Spear without much difficulty. Only 17 deaths, most of them right away when you have to take down the first AA gun.

I abused checkpoints to get it gone. On the rocket hog in the beginning, every time I would take out one of the three enemy vehicles, I would retreat and force a checkpoint. Makes things much more pleasant.

Legendary is crazy though, man. Even the on-rails helicopter "breather" section killed me several times. You need to REALLY be on the ball with taking out targets as soon as they come into site, or they will waste you.

On to Long Night of Solace. Not looking forward to the final few encounters...

Not sure if this has been posted yet. Took me a couple of tries, but once I got it down Nightfall became a cakewalk.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=4104357

GDJustin

BTW someone already mentioned it, but I can confirm that the easiest way to get the campaign score challenge is Long Night of Solace Rally Point Alpha, on Legendary, with all skulls on. Fly around, listen to a little dialogue, then kill a few (~7-10) Banshees. Challenge complete. Pause --> Save & Exit :lol

In fact I can see this rally point being pretty abusable for score challenges. To prevent this Bungie will have to start making people do it on a specific map, or complete the level.

GDJustin said:
BTW someone already mentioned it, but I can confirm that the easiest way to get the campaign score challenge is Long Night of Solace Rally Point Alpha, on Legendary, with all skulls on. Fly around, listen to a little dialogue, then kill a few (~7-10) Banshees. Challenge complete. Pause --> Save & Exit :lol

In fact I can see this rally point being pretty abusable for score challenges. To prevent this Bungie will have to start making people do it on a specific map, or complete the level.

How many points do you get for that many banshees?

Kuroyume said:
Fuck, the drop shield is so fucking annoying both in objective and team slayer. Take that shit out of multiplayer.

I have been playing TS and TO but haven't encountered any drop shields, am I just lucky? I thought they took them out of TO?

Soooo trying to figure this out, if anyone knows off-hand. I went to delete my Reach install to free up some direly needed space on my 20gig, and I don't see a separate campaign save. Does it really roll it into the install, so if I delete it I lose my campaign progress? All I see are films. Thanks for any help!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
rocksolidaudio said:
Soooo trying to figure this out, if anyone knows off-hand. I went to delete my Reach install to free up some direly needed space on my 20gig, and I don't see a separate campaign save. Does it really roll it into the install, so if I delete it I lose my campaign progress? All I see are films. Thanks for any help!
All of your campaign progress, settings, etc. are linked to your profile. No save file necessary.

Dani said:
New Alexandria, All Skulls, Legendary. Fly around and kill a few Banshees. Each one nets you around 1300 points.

I've already completed the challenge that way. I was just curious how much doing what they did gets you, since he was saying that Bungie would need to tweak it if they're going to do more point challenges.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
PsychoRaven said:
Ah lovely the button combo is spreading. I love being one hit meleeed to death with full health and shields.

Bungie had better fix it and fast. Shit like this spreads like wild fire and ruins online games.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
PsychoRaven said:
Ah lovely the button combo is spreading. I love being one hit meleeed to death with full health and shields.

The button thing ends in a headshot, not a melee.

Kuroyume

Banned
cuevas said:
I have been playing TS and TO but haven't encountered any drop shields, am I just lucky? I thought they took them out of TO?

It's in BTB. Nothing like pulling out the flag from a base barely surviving it, then dying, and then having the enemy team drop a bunch of drop shields in succession so you never get a shot to clear them out from returning the flag. It was bad enough in Halo 3, but now the damn things not only heal but it's a fucking ability so you never run out of them.

RdN said:
Never heard of it.. what it does?

Drops a shield around the player protecting them from fire and grenades while healing them at the same time.

witness

Hm to get the campaign challenge all I did was play Tip of the Spear on normal with no skulls to get the 10k points, not hard at all and I was able to enjoy the best level in the game.

ZayneH said:
Noticed this when playing ONI: Sword Base for a challenge a week or so ago, but I doubt I'll be able to hold onto a Sniper until that encounter.

Break the glass window and jump through it. (Talking about PoA Encounter) I had to defeat the Hunters in Oni Sword base with a shotgun and grenades. Needles to say that was enough Hunter shenanigans for my entire Legendary play through. Fuck Legendary Hunters.

GDJustin

Ajemsuhgao said:
I've already completed the challenge that way. I was just curious how much doing what they did gets you, since he was saying that Bungie would need to tweak it if they're going to do more point challenges.

It's an easy fix. The way today's challenge was set up, you didn't need to beat the level. So you could turn on a bunch of skulls that didn't impact the space combat (Famine, Tough Luck, etc.) and then go to town on the banshees, earning a crazy score multiplier.

If you had to clear the whole level and achieve a certain score, all those skulls would make things brutal.

Sai-kun

Banned
Church RvB said:
Break the glass window and jump through it. (Talking about PoA Encounter) I had to defeat the Hunters in Oni Sword base with a shotgun and grenades. Needles to say that was enough Hunter shenanigans for my entire Legendary play through. Fuck Legendary Hunters.

OMG. This is exactly what I did.

I just could not kill the three/four Elites in the room before the Hunters, so I just said "fuck it", all pissed off and stuff, and dashed right past them. Little did I know that they would FOLLOW MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. So now I'm fighting 3 Elites, 4 Skirmishers (FUCK THESE GUYS), and 3 Elites :lol. So after 30 minutes, I've finally got the Skirmishers down, and one Hunter down, and an Elite strips my shields like lightning, and then the Hunter just bitchslaps me. I was raging SO hard. So I just broke the fucking glass and jumped through in one motion. I felt like a badass and I was like "fuck you"

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
PsychoRaven said:
No, not exactly. If it says you got pummeled than you didn't get hit by it. If it says he got a headshot on you right as you got meleed than he may have done it. Check it out in the theater before you make wild accusations.

Sai-kun said:

I just could not kill the three/four Elites in the room before the Hunters, so I just said "fuck it", all pissed off and stuff, and dashed right past them. Little did I know that they would FOLLOW MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. So now I'm fighting 3 Elites, 4 Skirmishers (FUCK THESE GUYS), and 3 Elites :lol. So after 30 minutes, I've finally got the Skirmishers down, and one Hunter down, and an Elite strips my shields like lightning, and then the Hunter just bitchslaps me. I was raging SO hard. So I just broke the fucking glass and jumped through in one motion. I felt like a badass and I was like "fuck you"

Luckily I only had 1 Skirmisher and 2 Elites follow me. And wouldn't you know, Emile was actually good at something... being a distraction. So I killed the Elites and Skirmisher and and my buddy (who was playing PoA at the same time on Legendary and also going for AMTAYS) tells me to just jump through the window. I had to do a weird crouch jump but it worked like a charm! :D

Edit: :lol @ the 3 Elites, 4 Skirmishers, and 3 Elites. Typo or you had 10 total enemies following you?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Just ran into a couple Lt. Colonel Grade 3's that didn't use the Single Player stuff. They had 8,000 and 10,000 multiplayer kills.....

How long did they play? Damn.

Deadly Cyclone said:
Just ran into a couple Lt. Colonel Grade 3's that didn't use the Single Player stuff. They had 8,000 and 10,000 multiplayer kills.....

How long did they play? Damn.

I'm a captain and I thought I played too damn much. (almost 2 days campaign/mm)

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Oh my god I hate people so much.

So I was playing FF on Courtyard and we were at the very end. I use my target designator on the last wave and get a killamanjaro or something. 5 enemies remaining. As the last few bombs were dropping, this assclown on my team sprints right into the area and I get a betrayal. He boots me. I sent him an angry message and he sent back "you just made my day". Holy shit, I hope he dies irl.

Why did they have to put this 50 FF game challenge before the no friendly fire update. I'm about to just do Score Attack for the rest of them because of shit like this and the shitty input lag. Fuck.

Sai-kun

Banned
Church RvB said:
Luckily I only had 1 Skirmisher and 2 Elites follow me. And wouldn't you know, Emile was actually good at something... being a distraction. So I killed the Elites and Skirmisher and and my buddy (who was playing PoA at the same time on Legendary and also going for AMTAYS) tells me to just jump through the window. I had to do a weird crouch jump but it worked like a charm! :D

Edit: :lol @ the 3 Elites, 4 Skirmishers, and 3 Elites. Typo or you had 10 total enemies following you?

Oops. Whatever. I had 3 Elites following me, ran into 4 Skirmishers, and they were with 2 Hunters. :lol

ElRenoRaven

LAUGHTREY said:
No, not exactly. If it says you got pummeled than you didn't get hit by it. If it says he got a headshot on you right as you got meleed than he may have done it. Check it out in the theater before you make wild accusations.

Oh yes because I'm a moron and don't know the difference. As you yourself mentioned when you get meleeed with full health and shield and it shows headshot you got it done to you. So I think I know when I have had it done to me thank you very much.

And with that I'm done arguing it.

zumphry

Banned
Sai-kun said:

I actually just ran past the first Elites in the first Boneyard encounter, killed the rest in main base and the rest of the level. The Hunters went down pretty easily due to two shots on the Laser killing one, and the other shot that I had left in the laser taking down the back shields of the second Hunter, which left the delicious, gooey center to be blasted by a shotgun and melee'd.

Didn't die during that encounter. PoA was easy, besides the defense of the landing pad due to little amounts of Pistol/DMR ammo (until I found the cache that's overturned behind the building). Then of course, the last Elite left was a Fuel Rod one.

Died exactly the same time the cutscene with the PoA leaving started, so I had to redo the MAC cannon part, and saw the cutscene again. I wasn't even mad.

cuevas said:
I'm a captain and I thought I played too damn much. (almost 2 days campaign/mm)
I'm a captain too but I started a week late (a little target designator abuse caught me up to speed though :lol ).

Sometimes, I'd rather play with a squad of Grunts then randoms.

One Flag on Hemorrhage. My team is on Defense.I'm in a Wraith. I'm doing work, killin' some dudes, and we holding back the other team fairly easily. Suddenly, a suicide 'goose manages to get behind me and jacks me. He takes the Wraith.

No big deal; I'm the only one dead on my team, the Wraith is on fire and on its last legs, we have both Revenants, and my team is all in the area. Should be easy to take it out.

But no.

While in the 10 second killcam, I watch my team RUNNING AWAY from the Wraith, and more importantly, the base. The Revenants bolt; at the same time, one gets jacked going around the hill, the other eats a Wraith shot from the other team's Wraith which just respawned. The guys on foot are nowhere to be seen. In the killcam, I watch a Mongoose drive up to the front of the base. I respawn waaaaaayyyy the fuck at the back of the base by the cliff. By the time I get down to where I can do something, the Goose is halfway to the enemy base, flag in hand.

Now, all was not lost. About half of the team was still alive, and because they wet themselves when I got jacked, they are between the Goose and the capture point. But NooOOOoooOO, they'd rather just take potshots at infantry and the Wraith with their DMR's and ignore the two Reds on an ATV speeding down the straight and narrow towards the win.

God, I hate the Halo community.

Sai-kun

Banned
Church RvB said:
All that matters is we completed AMTAYS.
Thanks to that window
:D

Fuck. That. Level. The Buggers were the easiest part of it :lol

But seriously thank god for that window

ElRenoRaven

Thagomizer said:
Sometimes, I'd rather play with a squad of Grunts then randoms.

One Flag on Hemorrhage. My team is on Defense.I'm in a Wraith. I'm doing work, killin' some dudes, and we holding back the other team fairly easily. Suddenly, a suicide 'goose manages to get behind me and jacks me. He takes the Wraith.

No big deal; I'm the only one dead on my team, the Wraith is on fire and on its last legs, we have both Revenants, and my team is all in the area. Should be easy to take it out.

But no.

While in the 10 second killcam, I watch my team RUNNING AWAY from the Wraith, and more importantly, the base. The Revenants bolt; at the same time, one gets jacked going around the hill, the other eats a Wraith shot from the other team's Wraith which just respawned. The guys on foot are nowhere to be seen. In the killcam, I watch a Mongoose drive up to the front of the base. I respawn waaaaaayyyy the fuck at the back of the base. By the time I get down to where I can do something, the Goose is halfway to the enemy base, flag in hand.

Now, all was not lost. About half of the team was still alive, and because they wet themselves when I got jacked, they are between the Goose and the capture point. But NooOOOoooOO, they'd rather just take potshots at infantry and the Wraith with their DMR's and ignore the two Reds on an ATV speeding down the straight and narrow towards the win.

God, I hate the Halo community.

I know that feeling. There is nothing like running into an area where the other team is at with 3 guys behind you thinking yea we're gonna get them only to find the other 3 turn and run away at the first shot. Literally the first shot they turn and run away. Sometimes you really do have to ask yourself WTF were they thinking. Ironically enough I took 2 of the 4 with me. :D

feel

I love this game more and more each day, specially now that now that the TS playlist is giving me good stuff like 90% of the time (not a fan of the occasional Slayer Pro). So addicted to doing challenges too, completed both the Automatic weapons and the Assists ones today, and at one point got 4 assists in a single play by chucking a grenade into a room and striping the shields off the whole enemy team who then got slaughtered by my teammates, got my first Assist Spree medal because of that play too. I did +12 with 0 deaths on that game (other team were new guys and guests), didn't realize I hadn't died until after the game, could've easily pushed for the Perfection, oh well.

Stackboy

Out of sheer fluke I had yesterday off from work and the playlist update was released. Team Slayer is a joy to play. At the time when I was playing TS had 50K players, SWAT had 50k as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom