• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Why the hell does everyone pick CTF on Hemorrhage in Big Team? Half the time they just end up killing each other, it seems worse in this game than any other Halo. People pick CTF and don't play CTF.

Deadly Cyclone said:
People pick CTF and don't play CTF.

Seriously.

I used to play Halo 2 almost exclusively on CTF. I didn't have problems nearly as often as I did in H3 or Reach. It's like people don't realize what constitutes winning in an objective match. They just want to shoot guys.

Sanjuro

timetokill said:
Seriously.

I used to play Halo 2 almost exclusively on CTF. I didn't have problems nearly as often as I did in H3 or Reach. It's like people don't realize what constitutes winning in an objective match. They just want to shoot guys.
I blame Call of Duty.

Sai-kun

Banned
Mojo said:
Where is this window? Gonna start my Legendary solo run soon.

You'll know where it is when you get to that encounter, but normally you would go through a door after killing some Skirmishers and 2 Hunters. Next to it is a big windowpane with enough room for you to crouch jump through. So just break the glass and jump through :D

ElRenoRaven

GhaleonEB said:
Getting the Like a Record weekly Challenge is giving me hand cramps. :lol

lol. That's why I just do about 10 Gruntpocalypse a day. At the rate I go it takes 5 days but easily gets the weekly done without spending a ton of time on it.

Sean

Banned
Deadly Cyclone said:
Why the hell does everyone pick CTF on Hemorrhage in Big Team? Half the time they just end up killing each other, it seems worse in this game than any other Halo. People pick CTF and don't play CTF.

Was like that in Halo 2 as well. It's just not a very good map for CTF imo - far too much empty space with no cover, it takes way too long to walk on foot (even when sprinting) and you end up getting killed anyway. So nobody ever bothers to move in.

Hemorrhage requires too much team work to score, that might sound like a good thing on paper, but nobody in Halo ever coordinates or acts like a team.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
The last few nights I have (barely) gone K/D positive, but my ratio is still dropping. Anyone know why? I went from a 1.18 K/D to 1.17 tonight. My games (I was very hot and cold):

Positive:
+2
+6
+5
+13
+10
Total: +36

Negative:
Total: - 28

So in total I went +8 for the night. So why did my K/D drop?

theultimo

delume said:
I blame K/D ratio being reported and recorded in objective based playlists. Like it or not, a lot of people care about their K/D.

And thats the main reason quitters are happening so often. Get a +K/D streak, quit, and join another. On the flipside, start getting Negative K/D, quit immediately. They need to fix the over-reliance on K/D and more on Objective for those modes. Maybe throw in a CTF Capped/Game ratio or something.

zumphry

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Getting the Like a Record weekly Challenge is giving me hand cramps. :lol

Saturday and Sunday will be Firefightpalypse for me.

It will be Grunt genocide, with the occasional Score Attack for when I wanna Noob Combo some more Elites. At least Fuel Rod ones won't sneak up from behind. I'm gonna have nightmares about that damn Elite for days.

GDJustin said:
The last few nights I have (barely) gone K/D positive, but my ratio is still dropping. Anyone know why? I went from a 1.18 K/D to 1.17 tonight. My games (I was very hot and cold):

Positive:
+2
+6
+5
+13
+10

Negative:

No one here cares enough about your stupid kd ratio to make a post on why they think it dropped .01

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Neuromancer said:
That supply case, is that the thing on your leg? I thought those looked really non-descript and yet they're incredibly expensive. Why?

Yeah, no clue why they're so expensive. I really just want to get them to see my armory completion % go up :lol. At 52% now, just saving up for the Mk. 6 helmet. Speaking of which, do the armor effects and firefight voices effect the armory completion %?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Maybe it's just been pure luck, but since the playlist update, I've played 12 Rumble Pit games and none of them were Infection. I probably only saw it come up for vote two or three times, too. I know they said they weren't gonna move it out of Rumble Pit until later this month, but it really seems like it's coming up less. Maybe the addition of Juggernaut and Crazy King has lowered the probability of it popping up for vote.

Anyway, halfway to the weekly challenge as of tonight. 50 games is a hefty number, but 3,000 cR is worth it. I also got today's assist challenge in two ridiculous games of Oddball on Reflection/Pinnacle.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
spermatic cord said:
No one here cares enough about your stupid kd ratio to make a post on why they think it dropped .01

o.0

Jesus dude.

I just literally didn't understand the math of it, and figured someone could explain what I'm missing. I played halo this evening, got more kills than deaths, but my ratio dropped. I assumed I was just missing something.

darthbob

GDJustin said:

Positive:
+2
+6
+5
+13
+10

Negative:

It dropped because while you still went positive, you didn't go positive enough.

Let's say your beginning K/D is 100:0 (for the sake of argument)

Next game, you go 50:5. Well, you went +45, but your overall K/D has gone down.

I think, anyways, I'm tired and not good at maths. :lol

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Well...my net is wonking out on me and I am only a handful of assist away from the challenge and 40 kills or so away from that challenge....looks like I will be missing out on the credits tonight. Gotta head to bed. :/

vatstep said:
Anyway, halfway to the weekly challenge as of tonight. 50 games is a hefty number, but 3,000 cR is worth it. I also got today's assist challenge in two ridiculous games of Oddball on Reflection/Pinnacle.
3,000 Credits may be worth it if you aren't going out of your way for 50 games and just regularly play firefight.

But proportionately to today's daily challenges alone, this week's weekly challenge is not worth it:

2 Daily challenges today were 2,000 credits, they could be completed with ease in about 12 games, less than 1/4 the number of games it takes to get to 50 Firefight games.

Got a show stopper tonight sniping a guy in mid assasination animation of another player. I'm by no means an awesome Halo player, but I felt like Kanye West for a few seconds. I'm ma let you finish asassain, but that headshot is the greatest of all time. (Kidding. I don't like bragging because I'm only an average player)

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
GillianSeed79 said:
Got a show stopper tonight sniping a guy in mid assasination animation of another player. I'm by no means an awesome Halo player, but I felt like Kanye West for a few seconds. I'm ma let you finish asassain, but that headshot is the greatest of all time. (Kidding. I don't like bragging because I'm only an average player)

:lol I lol'd reading this, I would have ended the post there...completely forgot about the Taylor Swift shit. I thought that getting the kill just made you feel so awesome that you felt as awesome as Kanye does everyday of his life!

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Deadly Cyclone said:

timetokill said:
It's like people don't realize what constitutes winning in an objective match. They just want to shoot guys.

delume said:
I blame K/D ratio being reported and recorded in objective based playlists. Like it or not, a lot of people care about their K/D.

Yup. Welcome to the age of persistent stat tracking. I really do wonder how long the pure objective playlist will hang around with so many people treating it as a scrimmage for upping their K/D ratio.

ZayneH said:
Also,
gold_large_headshot_firefight.png

:D

yeah, I know, Firefight. :(

I see your Gold, and raise you an Onyx.

onyx_large_headshot_firefight.png

:D:D

I play too much Score Attack. :(

chapel

Banned
I really am not enjoying no-pro in arena. Its to a point where I am considering not playing arena for the rest of the season. It was one thing having radar in pro, but to always have to deal with crappy AAs, just not my thing. I don't think the AAs are really competitive, sure they can be used effectively, but they can easily be abused as well.

Cynar

Deadly Cyclone said:
Just ran into a couple Lt. Colonel Grade 3's that didn't use the Single Player stuff. They had 8,000 and 10,000 multiplayer kills.....

How long did they play? Damn.

I'm a lt colonol grade 3 and didn't use the single player stuff, doesn't require that many kills.

p.s. bungie fix the button combo asap

chapel

Banned
I didn't use any sp stuff, though I don't have that many kills, only 7.3k atm.

I haven't encountered the button combo, I was kind of hoping it was just a lag thing when I saw it on mlg forums. If its real, fucking a, bungie fix it asap.

Trasher

Sai-kun said:
it is everyone

and no one

also the video is rendered now so you guys should probably just kinda skip through it to see me get a lot of sword kills :lol
Wow. Not one of those guys parried you even once.

Sai-kun

Banned
Trasher said:
Wow. Not one of those guys parried you even once.

Yeah. It was nuts. :lol They were not so good, but I still felt awesome. Only a couple times did one guy come close to killing me.

haigyman

The hunters on ONI Sword Base are easy to beat if you just use the armor lock to flip the gauss cannon warthog over the barriers into the base. They only take a few shots each.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Anyone watch yesterdays Around the Horn on ESPN? Reali dropped Halo Reach and then Woody Paige dropped "Sargeant Major AJ Johnson" Pretty funny.

oldschoolpinball said:
How many shots from the assault rifle does it take to kill someone jeez! It seems all everyone does is shoot,strafe and run at u and keep meleeing

The assualt rifle is quite good for taking down an opponent's shield, but not so good for actually finishing them off...at least in my experience. Try using the assualt rifle on someone until you break their shield...then immediately switch to the pistol and get a headshot to kill him. If your oppenent just uses his assult rifle you will win every time (unless you miss the headshot).

GDJustin said:
It's basic maths. Your K/D ratio doesn't care about K/D spread.

Say I go +10 in a game where I got 12 kills and 2 deaths. My K/D ratio (kills divided by deaths) is 6.0. Awesome! Now let's say I go +10 in a game where I got 42 kills and 32 deaths. My K/D ratio is now only 1.31. Conversely, what if I go -8 in a game where I got 12 kills and 20 deaths? My K/D ratio is 0.6. Or how about -8 in a game where I got 1 kill and 9 deaths? 0.11.

Your overall K/D ratio is just your total kills divided by your total deaths. Let's say I have an overall K/D spread of 600, with 1,400 kills and 800 deaths. My K/D is 1.75! I'm a beast! Same spread with 7,000 kill and 6,400 deaths? 1.09. Just past breakeven.

Gui_PT

Daily Challenges

Shootin' and Lootin' - 2500cR
Kill 250 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

One Spartan Army - 1500cR
Kill 150 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.

Heroic Overwatch - 600cR
Kill 50 enemies on Overlook on Heroic in Firefight Matchmaking.

Points, Points - 1000cR
Score 10,000 points in a Firefight Matchmaking game.

Sean

Banned
1) Do Score Attack, Gruntpocalypse
2) Veto until you get Overlook
3) Profit

Easy 5,600 cR today. Guess I'll finally level up Captain Grade 3 :D

Hixx

They'll be really easy to get but I hate it when all the challenges are put into Firefight. Would it be so wrong to have 2 for competitive and 2 for firefight? :(

Gui_PT

HixxSAFC said:
They'll be really easy to get but I hate it when all the challenges are put into Firefight. Would it be so wrong to have 2 for competitive and 2 for firefight? :(

Weekly Challenge is finishing 50 rounds of FF. I'm assuming they're just giving us reasons to get those 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom