• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Najaf

Yesterdays challenge for getting 30 kills with an automatic just revealed how truly terrible the assault rifle is. My gosh. I never knew it was that bad. Needless to say, I did not complete the challenge.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
HixxSAFC said:
They'll be really easy to get but I hate it when all the challenges are put into Firefight. Would it be so wrong to have 2 for competitive and 2 for firefight? :(
But then we'd still hate 2 of the challenges each day.

Najaf said:
Yesterdays challenge for getting 30 kills with an automatic just revealed how truly terrible the assault rifle is. My gosh. I never knew it was that bad. Needless to say, I did not complete the challenge.
Terrible excuse for not finishing the challenge. Its a fine gun and saves your ass in many different situations.

Najaf said:
Really?

The AR is quite a beast in reach compared to all the other halo titles, actually rather good at medium range too if you have the high ground on someone, it's also quite amazing against elites due to their size they get hit by more of the bullets if you spray lol.

Yesterday though everyone and their cat were spraying to get that cR, it felt real bad trying to AR everyone in slayer instead of abusing that lovely magnum I love so much.

Najaf

enzo_gt said:
But then we'd still hate 2 of the challenges each day.

Terrible excuse for not finishing the challenge. Its a fine gun and saves your ass in many different situations.

Right. If by save your ass you mean it is better than spitting at the baddies, then yeah, use what you have. At the end of the day it felt kind of silly picking an AR class over a DMR class in my objective games. Even if you get stuck with the AR kit, the pistol is a much better option.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I hope they announce they are raising the cap soon. I'm at max rank and I haven't used any boosting techniques at all plus I probably saw more Lt. Colonels today than the last week combined, so people are getting up there.

Also my online dude still hasn't updated. He's still rockin' the recon from day 1. I want to see my Mark V and robot arm. :p

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
They need some crazier challenges, like hijack every vehicle type in the campaign or fucked up fun shit like that. Nothing is as satisfying as hijacking a Banshee or popping the gunner in a Wraith then jacking it.

:(

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
NameGenerated said:
I hope they announce they are raising the cap soon. I'm at max rank and I haven't used any boosting techniques at all plus I probably saw more Lt. Colonels today then the last week combined, so people are getting up there.

Also my online dude still hasn't updated. He's still rockin' the recon from day 1. I want to see my Mark V and robot arm. :p

Dude I keep seeing you online and wondering how the fuck you did that so goddamn fast.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
McBradders said:
Dude I keep seeing you online and wondering how the fuck you did that so goddamn fast.
I've done every single challenge except 4.

Having about 4 and a half days of play time helps too.

NameGenerated said:
Yup, it's been 23 days since my online dude updated.

Three Arena games played, three fifth place finishes. Thanks, bad teammates!

Raide

I think I managed 4 of todays in a few rounds of Sniperfight. :lol Nice to have relaxed and easy challenges, though I do agree they need to come up with some more imaginative stuff.

PP only Firefight. :D

equil said:
Its like the game bugged out and didn't know what to do so it decided to kill you both. :lol

Your not the only one it happened to Dani, a dude showed me a video where it happened on reflection.

Weird bug lol.

Blueblur1

I just checked my xbox live mail and theres one from last night calling me a "armor lock pussy" :lol I guess that was either from the match of slayer pro where I played shit or the match where I raped everyone with rockets and plasma launcher. fun times.

11.png

I feel like I won the lottery. :lol

Najaf said:
My friends and I had hilarious fun with it. AR/AL in regular Slayer, and then Needler/AL in Elite Slayer. We just charged in over and over and then AL'd out of trouble. The teams we played against were so confused and annoyed, and we still won more than half our games. You also rack up assists far quicker using AR/Needler.

Merguson

Banned
Shootin' and Lootin' - 2500cR
Kill 250 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

One Spartan Army - 1500cR
Kill 150 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.

Heroic Overwatch - 600cR
Kill 50 enemies on Overlook on Heroic in Firefight Matchmaking.

Points, Points - 1000cR
Score 10,000 points in a Firefight Matchmaking game.

I can do these challenges in Score Attack right? Or does it have to be in Firefight, as in with four people.

Najaf said:
I finished the challenge by forcing myself not to use any other weapon. It was painful. I actually found the AR to be better than expected, but still vowed to never pick it up again after I finished the challenge.

IronRinn

Finally.

I have crossed the barren hellscape known as Warrant Officer and emerged resplendent and reborn on the other side, awash in the divine grace of Captainship.

To all those still writhing in torment: Press on. It is every bit as beautiful as you imagine.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I keep try to do arena, but my coworker doesn't play anymore so I go in with random people and usually get raped. or they all quit. Its pretty awesome...

feel

Pretty nice that the challenges are easy today, gives me more time to grind for the Weekly one, I'm only 18/50 so far.

-Yeti said:
I see your Gold, and raise you an Onyx.

onyx_large_headshot_firefight.png

:D:D
That's hottt

DMeisterJ said:
Congrats

I'm almost there... I only have 61k points to go... D:
I'd like to thank Score Attack for all that it did for me. (wow, you have an unfortunate tag)

Letters said:
Pretty nice that the challenges are easy today, gives me more time to grind for the Weekly one, I'm only 18/50 so far.
I'm at a lowly 14 so far. Looks like I know what I'll be doing this weekend...

The challenges were great yesterday and today too. I'm glad they're rewarding more credits now. Hopefully the average number of credits rewarded slowly increases as the players mature in rank.

Horns

Didn't spend a single credit until I bought the birthday sound yesterday. What a mistake, it gets annoying by the 3rd death and I have no credits left now. Should have gotten hearts, damn it.

Gui_PT

Horns said:
Didn't spend a single credit until I bought the birthday sound yesterday. What a mistake, it gets annoying by the 3rd death and I have no credits left now. Should have gotten hearts, damn it.

I'm saving up for the hearts. But I also want the Commando helmet and shoulder. That'll cost about 120k.

I can't decide =(

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
I still can't believe people actually spend credits on armor effects. Even worse, I can't believe Bungie put them into MP like that...

Horns

Gui_PT said:
I'm saving up for the hearts. But I also want the Commando helmet and shoulder. That'll cost about 120k.

I can't decide =(

Would be cool if you could sell back items for half the credits. But who am I kidding, the armor upgrades are a very addicting part of the game. It's one of the reasons I keep playing later then I should every night.

Hey You

So the Skull Faceplate/Helmet is available to buy? Its not Bungie Exclusive?

Anyone know how much/what rank you need to be?

Hey You said:
So the Skull Faceplate/Helmet is available to buy? Its not Bungie Exclusive?

Anyone know how much/what rank you need to be?
The skull is called "haunted" and only available to the top rank and I think you must have purchased all the other helmets first. It's a variation of the Pilot helmet and costs 1cR.

It could be available sooner in some kind of Halloween special later this month, who knows.

You will never be able to have the blue flames, though. That's the Bungie-only effect this time around.

The Lamonster said:
The challenges were great yesterday and today too. I'm glad they're rewarding more credits now. Hopefully the average number of credits rewarded slowly increases as the players mature in rank.
They already do. I noticed that after I got the Captain rank, my Forge credits jumped from 60 max to 70 max. Luke also mentioned it in this thread a couple of days ago

Gui_PT said:

I can't decide =(
Commando helmet is all I have wanted since the second I laid eyes on it. I am going to buy the Armor Effects last, when there is nothing else to spend the cash on.

I'm not getting to play nearly as much as I want to.

Why did I have a child again? ;)

In other news, made a new kind of gametype with a friend of mine called Bulldogs. It's really fun, and surprisingly balanced.

Doing a short youtube video to show it off later tonight, might submit it for the Bungie Blog.

Anyone ever play Bulldogs at school when they were younger?

Sikamikanico said:
I'm not getting to play nearly as much as I want to.

Why did I have a child again? ;)

In other news, made a new kind of gametype with a friend of mine called Bulldogs. It's really fun, and surprisingly balanced.

Doing a short youtube video to show it off later tonight, might submit it for the Bungie Blog.

Anyone ever play Bulldogs at school when they were younger?
And I thought my play time was limited from just having a girlfriend!

Can you explain the gametype? I've never played Bulldogs at school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom