• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugbot

Dani said:
Multi-Team SWAT on Asylum. Just what the heck? Who thought that a map, barely big enough for eight players in regular slayer, would make for a fun two person team, twelve person orgy, of spawn killing and minutes of my life I want back?

Also, well done with Rocket Race. Removing the one gunner and driver per team set up is a step back as it was much more interesting with having each player assigned a fixed role. Also, Spire is dreadful for the gametype. The level layout is simply unfriendly with spawns popping up at opposite sides of the map and the unfriendly terrain ensures players will prefer not to move from a particular area. Though the spawning on the mongoose and teleporting back after a set time if dismounted was rather handy and neat.

Dreadful experiences with those matches - really horrible stuff.
Rocket Race was awful on Boneyard too, we need some dedicated rally maps for it ASAP.

1 more assist to go, think multiteam is the best playlist for this as long as people aren't voting rocket race. Oddball was great for assists.

OK I'm turning into one of those guys; I just ordered 3 Todd McFarlane Reach figures: Noble 6, Emile and Jorge.

reach1_noble6_photo_01_lg.jpg

reach1_emile_photo_01_md.jpg

reach1_jorge_photo_01_md.jpg

Too bad they don't have a WoW/Rock Band type deal where you can get your Noble 6 custom made for you, once I got my tactical/tacpad I'd totally do it.

Trasher

Dani said:
Multi-Team SWAT on Asylum. Just what the heck? Who thought that a map, barely big enough for eight players in regular slayer, would make for a fun two person team, twelve person orgy, of spawn killing and minutes of my life I want back?

Also, well done with Rocket Race. Removing the one gunner and driver per team set up is a step back as it was much more interesting with having each player assigned a fixed role. Also, Spire is dreadful for the gametype. The level layout is simply unfriendly with spawns popping up at opposite sides of the map and the unfriendly terrain ensures players will prefer not to move from a particular area. Though the spawning on the mongoose and teleporting back after a set time if dismounted was rather handy and neat.

Dreadful experiences with those matches - really horrible stuff.
Me and Tashi didn't think it was so bad. :) Not rendered sadly. :(

Neuromancer said:
What was the other company that was making Reach figures? I liked those ones better actually.

Neuromancer said:
OK I'm turning into one of those guys; I just ordered 3 Todd McFarlane Reach figures: Noble 6, Emile and Jorge.

reach1_noble6_photo_01_lg.jpg

reach1_emile_photo_01_md.jpg

reach1_jorge_photo_01_md.jpg

Too bad they don't have a WoW/Rock Band type deal where you can get your Noble 6 custom made for you, once I got my tactical/tacpad I'd totally do it.
I'm waiting for the Play-Arts Kai figures from Square Enix. They looks much more detailed

Another Hemorrhage complaint: the map is just, well, boring. There are two bases on either side of the map...and just flat land between them. Doesn't really make for interesting encounters.

Oh, and the map is broken for Invasion Slayer. I just went 29-0 using the sniper rifle. I was sniping on the far end of the map, behind their base.

Grinded FF all night 50 games. Went from Major Grade 1 to almost done grade 3. Did 8 dailies while I was at it still didn't seem to hit the cap.

ElRenoRaven

wwm0nkey said:
Im sure you guys have seen this on b.net but man this is the biggest nerd rage ever.

Video

What a waste of a good Halo disc :(

You know it's obvious someone trying to troll. He almost busts out laughing at a few points. However I don't care if he's trolling or not some of the things he said went way to far.

Let's assume that it is legit and he meant everything he said. Ok hate the series. Hate it's fans even if that makes you a moron. Don't bring the families of those who made it into it. More so with some of the shit he said. Then if kidding does he think saying some of the stuff he did about their families is funny? If so then he needs help. Again I don't care if it was legit or him trolling he went too far.

Mr. Sam

Dani said:

Weird, I played that game type just now and similarly hated it. My friend told me it's because I suck at SWAT. I may well suck, but that ain't the reason I hate it. People even spawned at the side of me and insta-killed me. It was bizarre.

Sanjuro

Little bit of self promotion. I see people talking about gaming headsets every so often, I have a new Turtle Beach X11 up for sale in the B/S/T thread if anyone is looking.

Besides going to the post office I plan on locking my doors and going crazy on Halo this weekend. I want to get that final achievement for Lt.

Sanjuro

The Lamonster said:
I like SWAT, but I agree with his feeling that it doesn't feel like Halo. I prefer having the power up and abilities. It does seem to satisfy the CoD crowd a bit more, hence why I get a bit bummed out during some of the objective game types. People only know how to kill in this game more than the previous Halo experiences.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
cuevas said:
He doesn't like people that play swat and think that if you don't you suck. He also doesn't think swat is real halo.

Close :)

Basically the general trend when expressing a dislike for SWAT is that you, the complainer, suck at it. I do ok. Hold my own. I don't like SWAT, however. It doesn't feel like Halo to me. All the interesting and unique things Halo does are removed for this gametype.

If you like it, more power to you and I'm glad you have a playlist focused on this mode now. I am also hella glad I never have to play it ever again :)

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
The Lamonster said:
Oh it get it now. There's plenty of ways to play Halo, people shouldn't hate on people who enjoy/dislike SWAT or any other gametype.

I'm not hating on anyone, just to be clear. I loves me some racing, I can see why this leaves others cold. Same with infection etc.

Horses for courses.

PsychoRaven said:
You know it's obvious someone trying to troll. He almost busts out laughing at a few points. However I don't care if he's trolling or not some of the things he said went way to far.

Let's assume that it is legit and he meant everything he said. Ok hate the series. Hate it's fans even if that makes you a moron. Don't bring the families of those who made it into it. More so with some of the shit he said. Then if kidding does he think saying some of the stuff he did about their families is funny? If so then he needs help. Again I don't care if it was legit or him trolling he went too far.

If hes trolling hes an idiot and has just wasted a bunch of money. If hes legit he is an even bigger idiot because he clearly doesnt understand that Bungie has made theyre money off him and his tirade isnt going to do anything. :lol

The thing is, its actually sad that there are people like this in the world, the dudes obviously pretty uneducated - this is just gonna give video game fans an even worse reputation. :(

Sanjuro

The Lamonster said:
Oh it get it now. There's plenty of ways to play Halo, people shouldn't hate on people who enjoy/dislike SWAT or any other gametype.
I just think if you someone has the understanding that they are good at SWAT they should understand the concept of 1-Flag CTF as well. I don't "hate" any particular gametype in the game though...well maybe Rocket Race.

I'm really surprised people like playing as elites. I myself can't stand it and pretty much hate all of the Covenant's weapons. It's really a drag when it comes up, because it always gets all the votes.

Rahxephon91 said:
I'm really surprised people like playing as elites. I myself can't stand it and pretty much hate all of the Covenant's weapons. It's really a drag when it comes up, because it always gets all the votes.
I like it because you move faster, jump higher and can take more fall damage (?).

Raiden

Banned
Rahxephon91 said:

Needler and 2x plasma is nice, but that is about it.

Hugbot

Trasher said:
Question: If I buy 50 render minutes, and don't use them all in a month, will they be reset and cleared after a month?
No, only your monthly minutes get reset (and you always use those before you start using your purchased minutes)

Gui_PT

Off topic, but if someone from Gaf is going to send me a FR or random invite, let me know you're from gaf or I'm just going to decline it =\

ElRenoRaven

bobs99 ... said:
If hes trolling hes an idiot and has just wasted a bunch of money. If hes legit he is an even bigger idiot because he clearly doesnt understand that Bungie has made theyre money off him and his tirade isnt going to do anything. :lol

The thing is, its actually sad that there are people like this in the world, the dudes obviously pretty uneducated - this is just gonna give video game fans an even worse reputation. :(

Yup. It really does. Games already get a bad rep for "making people violent". Well I'd say his video is pretty violent. He wishes death, rape, etc onto people. He also destroys items and sets things on fire. So for those that buy into the games make you violent argument, he's proof.

Rahxephon91 said:

Needler is your friend. I do agree the plasma repeater is a really awful weapon. The rest of the covenant weapons though I find work well.

Trasher

Hugbot said:
No, only your monthly minutes get reset (and you always use those before you start using your purchased minutes)
Alright cool. Thanks.

Awwww man, it may take up to 24 hours to credit me these damn things? Lame!

Edit: lol nm. I have them already. :)

ElRenoRaven

Trasher said:
Question: If I buy 50 render minutes, and don't use them all in a month, will they be reset and cleared after a month?

Nope. Here is how it works.

You get 5 mins a month. These expire every month. If you buy minutes these are permanent and can be used for as long as you keep your Bungie Pro subscription active. Every month you will use up your 5 minutes that would expire first. Then you dip into the minutes you bought.

Alienshogun said:
He sounds like the kid who raged yesterday when I booted him.

Someone probably hit the nail on the head in the comments.

I bet he's one of those kids who got his credits reset.

I shouldnt have laughed at this, but I was playing yesterday and out of nowhere I hear a voice scream something like:

"NO I DIDNT MEAN TO IM SO SORR......"

He got cutoff midshriek and I just saw booted in the bottom left. I found it hilarious. Im not sure if he betrayed on purpose or by accident, but hearing his desperate shriek get cut off mid sentence was just funny. I actually felt really bad for him afterwards.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
PsychoRaven said:
Yup. It really does. Games already get a bad rep for "making people violent". Well I'd say his video is pretty violent. He wishes death, rape, etc onto people. He also destroys items and sets things on fire. So for those that buy into the games make you violent argument, he's proof.

Needler is your friend. I do agree the plasma repeater is a really awful weapon. The rest of the covenant weapons though I find work well.

He is just a sad individual that has nothing to do with his life. Let him suffer in peace. Don't feed the Troll.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
bobs99 ... said:
I shouldnt have laughed at this, but I was playing yesterday and out of nowhere I hear a voice scream something like:

"NO I DIDNT MEAN TO IM SO SORR......"

He got cutoff midshriek and I just saw booted in the bottom left. I found it hilarious. Im not sure if he betrayed on purpose or by accident, but hearing his desperate shriek get cut off mid sentence was just funny. I actually felt really bad for him afterwards.

It's even better when you hear his in game spartan go "CLANG" "Awww," as he's booted.

:lol

Alienshogun said:
It's even better when you hear his in game spartan go "CLANG" "Awww," as he's booted.

:lol

Yeah, it's goddamned hilarious... until you're the guy who gets booted needlessly from a rocketfight match on the last wave... Bungie needs to fix that shit.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
The Wise Old Man said:
Yeah, it's goddamned hilarious... until you're the guy who gets booted needlessly from a rocketfight match on the last wave... Bungie needs to fix that shit.

Well, yeah. Were talking about douchebags getting booted though.

I'm not a fan of 3 betrayals THEN you get an option to boot either, because NOW people will just kill you to grief you or get what they want knowing they are safe.

Alienshogun said:
Well, yeah. Were talking about douchebags getting booted though.

I'm not a fan of 3 betrayals THEN you get an option to boot either, because NOW people will just kill you to grief you or get what they want knowing they are safe.

I agree, but rocketfight is pretty much the only gametype where it's a dealbreaker for me. Any virtually everyone votes for it in matchmaking. Also, griefing will always happen no matter if the booting threshold is 1 or 3 betrayals.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
The Wise Old Man said:
I agree, but rocketfight is pretty much the only gametype where it's a dealbreaker for me. Any virtually everyone votes for it in matchmaking. Also, griefing will always happen no matter if the booting threshold is 1 or 3 betrayals.

True, but yesterday some guy kept dropping my shields while I had the sniper, only to get headshotted himself by the enemy. I couldn't stop laughing. :lol

Lunchbox said:
why cant you unlock jun's hipster scarf for online

i want it

You can, it's available at Major.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom