• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Well sent my RROD Xbox in today. Gonna have to take my girl friends box until I get mine back.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Raiden said:
@2nd video: You always stay in one place in a map? Most of your kills are either sniping people who are shooting other, of with the shotgun while you're camping the base and other people trying to get to you 2.

But hey to each his own :p

If you have a power weapon the smartest thing to do is play to that weapon's strength. Sometimes that's holding a specific part of the map.

Mr. Sam

Lunchbox said:
but with daily and monthly caps, ill be dead by the time i reach major :[

I'm already at Lieutenant Colonel Grade 1, haven't hit any caps and have missed three days of playing Halo since launch. Perseverance is the key. Oh, also, Gruntpocalypse.

Oozer3993

Dax01 said:
Another Hemorrhage complaint: the map is just, well, boring. There are two bases on either side of the map...and just flat land between them. Doesn't really make for interesting encounters.

Oh, and the map is broken for Invasion Slayer. I just went 29-0 using the sniper rifle. I was sniping on the far end of the map, behind their base.

I was in a game on that map the other day when some jerk on the other team took the sniper rifle and camped up on the rock face:

hymgW.jpg

zlatko

Banned
Alienshogun said:
If you have a power weapon the smartest thing to do is play to that weapon's strength. Sometimes that's holding a specific part of the map.

I just call it camping. Who gives a crap? Sometimes you have to be moving around a lot because your opponent team is spread apart and not going to the usual hot spots of a map. Other times the other team bands together and tries to hold down a certain area, so you in turn have to use a counter point with your team to make quick work of them.

Camping is a legit strategy many times in FPS', but at least in Halo you can't always rely on it. All 4 others rushing your spot, grenades, the spawn system, etc can quickly stop a camper if you tackle it right.

When I camp it's generally an area...not just one spot. The only exception to that is if the other team is seriously mindless zombies who continually just come to that exact spot one by one instead of working together. If people would just stop coming to the area I'm at to feed me points for 2 minutes, then I'll get antsy and move on out to rack up more kills.

What do MLG players generally do in Halo Reach so far? Do they camp and hold down an area? Do they all split up and wander to rack up kills?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
zlatko said:
I just call it camping. Who gives a crap? Sometimes you have to be moving around a lot because your opponent team is spread apart and not going to the usual hot spots of a map. Other times the other team bands together and tries to hold down a certain area, so you in turn have to use a counter point with your team to make quick work of them.

Camping is a legit strategy many times in FPS', but at least in Halo you can't always rely on it. All 4 others rushing your spot, grenades, the spawn system, etc can quickly stop a camper if you tackle it right.

When I camp it's generally an area...not just one spot. The only exception to that is if the other team is seriously mindless zombies who continually just come to that exact spot one by one instead of working together. If people would just stop coming to the area I'm at to feed me points for 2 minutes, then I'll get antsy and move on out to rack up more kills.

What do MLG players generally do in Halo Reach so far? Do they camp and hold down an area? Do they all split up and wander to rack up kills?

People kept coming to them feeding them kills. They played smart.

Camping is when you sit in an area for a long time even when there is no action.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
AltogetherAndrews said:
This game is fucking hot. Like Halo 1 hot, god damn. Ugly, but I guess they can't be masters of everything. Best shooter I've played this generation, with a massive margin.

What is the emoticon convention for "faints?"

ElRenoRaven

Alienshogun said:
Well, yeah. Were talking about douchebags getting booted though.

I'm not a fan of 3 betrayals THEN you get an option to boot either, because NOW people will just kill you to grief you or get what they want knowing they are safe.

Sadly regardless they will find a way to grief you. Before it was standing in front of you so they could boot you. Now they'll kill you and take your weapon. They'll also as you've had done to you drain your shields.

So no matter what they will grief you. All this does is make it so that those of us who honestly play and don't try to kill our teammates won't get booted when their an idiot and run into our grenade etc.

Hugbot

zlatko said:
The ones I ran into mostly complained about how it is not Halo 3.

Butane123 said:
50% gravity, 200% speed, 200% jump height, one shot kills, needler starts.
More like shotguns, no shields, increased runspeed every kill, on wizard. <3 buckshot, now and forever.

ManCannon

any random tidbits or special requests for the update today? as it stands it's pretty damn sparse on content. no promises but if you have anything you'd like to see addressed I'll see what I can do.

ManCannon said:
any random tidbits or special requests for the update today? as it stands it's pretty damn sparse on content. no promises but if you have anything you'd like to see addressed I'll see what I can do.

Announcement of announcement of DLC please?

ManCannon said:

A hint about what we can do to remove the rank cap would be nice ;p

ManCannon said:

I would love some info about what you have planned for matchmaking, how long down the line will it be before Firefight VS is added for example? :D

vhfive

ManCannon said:
around what time will we see rank cap lifted

ElRenoRaven

ManCannon said:

Just maybe some hints to future DLC and patches that might be being worked on would be nice. Also apparently when the future project was kind of hinted at this week apparently there was some sort of symbol used or something. I would love to see that. Also rank cap lifted when?

Hugbot

ManCannon said:
Maybe a look at some FW maps to be included in a future playlist update?

ManCannon said:
Maybe a request that people can play other "firefight" modes than Gruntocalypse. (Too bad i'm doing this too. I'm a "a gruntocalypse to get the daily challenge whore").

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
OuterWorldVoice said:
What is the emoticon convention for "faints?"
faint.gif

zlatko said:

MLG forum kiddies are the only ones really playing so far, there are still a few Halo 3 MLGs so all the pros are playing 3 still.

But it depends on the map how far spread out they are and what they're doing, generally it's a good idea to have positions on the map that everyone holds.
ManCannon said:

Meaty info on playlists and game changes.

ManCannon said:
I'd love to know if any 'balance' fixes are being looked at. Are Assists working as intended? Is the Focus Rifle really meant to be that underwhelming? Are you aware of, and working to address, the "new BXR"?

Also, if you could find out what my Arena percentile from last season was that would be swell. I don't know if that's an issue related to my Spartan not updating, but it's irksome that I can't see where in my division I placed. Or where most of my friends placed in their respective divisions either.

GhaleonEB

ManCannon said:
moar player stats (week 2 numbers)

I'd love to hear in any kind of detail what Lars has in mind for the Firefight space: will removing friendly fire mean the addition of limited lives? What about a Legendary or full Set option? That sort of thing. Love to hear what he's got cooking. Maybe see if Luke could chime in with a preview of how Challenges are going to evolve over the next few months.

ManCannon said:

For us budding forgers can you ask the maps designers what kind of data they find useful when testing maps? IE, combat distance, kills with a single weapon etc?

ElRenoRaven

Mikasangelos said:
Any info on the destruction of Jtag modders? Ive had a few games against them in matchmaking.....quite frustrating.

Oh yea and you have to cover the tons of tears that were shed by the 15,000 cheats who got credits reset and banned from earning them for a day.

Hey You

ManCannon said:
Any more progress on the plan for Community Content into Matchmaking and the forge competition? Also, I wouldn't mind hearing the plan for the Infection playlist.:D

Raide

ManCannon said:

The future of Forge.

Edit: Also, a big thanks to the person who rendered my video.

Gravity Sucks.

ManCannon said:

Clarify the cR limits, rank limits, ect...

ManCannon said:
When will Glacier be added to the firefight playlists?

Kuroyume

Banned
ManCannon said:

Are you guys going to do anything about the bubble shield? It was in a game or two of BTB Capture the flag and it's annoying when you steal the flag, then die, and then and the other team tosses a bunch of shields over it and themselves so that they can return it.

Also, any news on removing Snipers from playlists and putting it in its own playlist?

When are the community maps being added?

Any chance you guys will add DMRs to the first stage of Spire for the spartans? Seems unfair that Elites get both needle weapons. On Boneyard both sides get long range weapons on the first stage so I don't understand why its different on Spire. Also, now that the community is getting better at it seems like they are more and more stalemates at the first stage of Invasion on Boneyard. Does the data you guys have show this to be true? Anything you plan to do about it?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
ManCannon said:

I'd looooooooooove to know why my Marathon emblem is gone, although after a week of trial and error I'm happy with the one I have now - it was my baby since Halo 2!

Tadale

ManCannon said:

I'd really like to hear about when the level cap will be raised, when pro is coming back to the arena, and when new forge world maps are going into matchmaking.

ManCannon said:
What the day-to-day of the office is like right now? What people have been playing/watching/reading? Some random stuff. Tis the Bungie Weekly Update, doesn't need to be purely Reach related.

Wizman23

Banned
ManCannon said:

Challenges are awesome, I would like to know if you plan on adding a few monthly challenges in addition to the weekly and daily challenges which will be ridiculously hard but worth it in credits. Also in regards to credits do you guys plan on having double credit weekends in the future?

Aggrotek

wwm0nkey said:
Im sure you guys have seen this on b.net but man this is the biggest nerd rage ever.

Video

What a waste of a good Halo disc :(
I know I'm late on this, but I died laughing when he said "Who would wear this, who would represent your company?" And he's wearing a TapOut shirt. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom