• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai-kun

Banned
LAUGHTREY said:
Looks like you shot him once or twice and his teammate betrayed him.

Well yeah I know what happened *now* :D But I wasn't even shooting at anything in particular, I was trying to get the Revenant driver to go. Then that happened and I was like "The fuck?" :lol

McNei1y

Two things.

Bungie needs to incorporate user made maps into Matchmaking. I'm getting really tired of their designs. They were weak to begin with. Ivory Tower is the best map in the game and that's amazing since it was maybe top 5 in Halo 2.

Rocket Race needs to used less in Multi Team.

McNei1y said:
Two things.

Bungie needs to incorporate user made maps into Matchmaking. I'm getting really tired of their designs. They were weak to begin with. Ivory Tower is the best map in the game and that's amazing since it was maybe top 5 in Halo 2.

Rocket Race needs to used less in Multi Team.

Really? I think it has been just awful in reach.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Sai-kun said:
Well yeah I know what happened *now* :D But I wasn't even shooting at anything in particular, I was trying to get the Revenant driver to go. Then that happened and I was like "The fuck?" :lol

Yeah, looked like you hit the warthog and the wraith schwacked him giving you the kill.

Striker

Dax01 said:
Another Hemorrhage complaint: the map is just, well, boring. There are two bases on either side of the map...and just flat land between them. Doesn't really make for interesting encounters.

Oh, and the map is broken for Invasion Slayer. I just went 29-0 using the sniper rifle. I was sniping on the far end of the map, behind their base.
You have a peculiar view of something being flat.

The map wouldn't be broken for Invasion Slayer, the gametype would. Invasion Slayer, itself, is rather broken at least due to its weapon settings and spawns. A player can spawn on his bro even when he's in action. Playing in Paradiso and I am shooting a player with the Needle Rifle, and he backs around a corner to heal as quick as he can before I jump over to finish him off, and all of a sudden his teammate spawns right next to him. This happens during the heated battle and in moments like that. They should just use regular spawning for Invasion Slayer - be less BS spawns.

McNei1y

cuevas said:

Maybe it is awful but compared to the other maps in this game to choose from, its looking like it is an awesome map.

I just cant stand playing Boardwalk, Powerhouse, Sword Base, Zealot, or The Cage anymore. I can't play Spire either. The rest are decent and most of them are remakes from Halo 2. Countdown is iffy too. I got really upset when I realized they took sections of SP and made them into MP maps. To me, it just seemed lazy.

I read a quote or heard it (maybe from a Vidoc) where one guy was referring to The Cage and how Bungie made it and it was real simple since they didn't need to use any art work... (paraphrasing)

They really need to look into bringing back Hang Em High, the version that one guy made as well as a whole bunch of other maps.

ManCannon said:
any random tidbits or special requests for the update today? as it stands it's pretty damn sparse on content. no promises but if you have anything you'd like to see addressed I'll see what I can do.
I wanna know what the real deal is with the Community Cartographers, and more importantly, why I haven't been accepted yet.

*taps foot impatiently*

LAUGHTREY said:
Yeah this too, I don't get why Holdout is there but Glacier isn't if its to avoid spoilers.
Because it's Lagfest City just playing solo Legendary. Can't imagine how bad it would be with a group of four.

Kujo

Ugh...

So CTF on Paridiso, me and someone else on my team run to the tank, he spawned closer so he gets it. He then drives it over to the other base near the water. He got a 133 kill streak. With the tank. They just kept spawning into it. By the end of the game they all had -20 and -30 KD ratios, smh

Zeouterlimits said:
What the day-to-day of the office is like right now? What people have been playing/watching/reading? Some random stuff. Tis the Bungie Weekly Update, doesn't need to be purely Reach related.
Last seen 09/30/10 playing Xbox.com :(

Mojo said:
Ugh...

So CTF on Paridiso, me and someone else on my team run to the tank, he spawned closer so he gets it. He then drives it over to the other base near the water. He got a 133 kill streak. With the tank. They just kept spawning into it. By the end of the game they all had -20 and -30 KD ratios, smh
Well I bet he completed the 23 kill daily challenge.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Mikasangelos said:
Any info on the destruction of Jtag modders? Ive had a few games against them in matchmaking.....quite frustrating.
Rest easy knowing they get nuked in record time. A few games of ill-gotten glory lead to eternal damnation in the land of Banadu.

cuevas said:

I agree.

This picture says it all really

zwOV0.png

ElRenoRaven

Zeouterlimits said:
What the day-to-day of the office is like right now? What people have been playing/watching/reading? Some random stuff. Tis the Bungie Weekly Update, doesn't need to be purely Reach related.

This too. Sometimes we do forget that it is the Bungie Weekly Update.

Countdown is pretty meh, especially in BTB. Then again I really hate small maps in general.

Mojo said:
He ended up completing the 150 kill challenge in the one game... (total was 180)
I was making a joke, but that's pretty intense regardless.

I don't know why they had to include so many Halo 2 remakes. The worst thing about those maps is that they're designed into the game. You can't delete them. Not a stellar decision.

witness

Fuck all of you who join Firefight games and stand there and do nothing. WTF, stop ruining my experience. They need to incorporate some sort of boot system.

I don't know why they had to include so many Halo 2 remakes.
It's not only that. Maybe I've just never noticed this before in past Halo's, but a lot of these maps are just taken from the single player. Now I know that's common, but compared to 2 and 3 I never noticed it as much as I did in reach. Its really blatant. Then you have the froge maps with some being straight remakes. The maps in Reach kind of seem cheap.

And can we at least get a remake of Headlong. That map was awesome. Oh and just remake Zanzibar. It's awesome and I was surprised they already didn't. I mean they almost had 2 remakes in three.

Kujo

Rahxephon91 said:
I was making a joke, but that's pretty intense regardless.
I know, but I felt the need to mention it considering it took me about 10 games to get that challenge done :p

I'd like to know why Bungie decided that the best way to rank up in an online game would be by playing a solo firefight mode (gruntpocylpse). Seems kind of ironic. And not very fun.

Hugbot

Shake Appeal said:
Best New Map.
Countdown is really quickly becoming my favorite map of the bunch, and it's probably because I haven't seen it in BTB and only once in Snipers.

The Wise Old Man said:
I'd like to know why Bungie decided that the best way to rank up in an online game would be by playing a solo firefight mode (gruntpocylpse). Seems kind of ironic. And not very fun.
Because it's not just an online game and your rank is supposed to reflect your time spent playing the entire package, not just matchmaking. And haven't they lowered the credits in gruntpocalypse to be more in line with other modes?

Rahxephon91 said:
It's not only that. Maybe I've just never noticed this before in past Halo's, but a lot of these maps are just taken from the single player. Now I know that's common, but compared to 2 and 3 I never noticed it as much as I did in reach. Its really blatant. Then you have the froge maps with some being straight remakes. The maps in Reach kind of seem cheap.

And can we at least get a remake of Headlong. That map was awesome. Oh and just remake Zanzibar. It's awesome and I was surprised they already didn't. I mean they almost had 2 remakes in three.
I hope we get a large amount of original maps that phase the remakes out of the playlists completely. It probably won't happen, but I can dream.

Countdown's heatmap is like a glorious Rorschach.

The Wise Old Man said:
Hasn't this already been addressed?

witness said:
Fuck all of you who join Firefight games and stand there and do nothing. WTF, stop ruining my experience. They need to incorporate some sort of boot system.
This has happened to me a lot lately, probably because of the weekly challenge. It's really irritating. Worse than quitting in my opinion. I hope Bungie's working on some better way to detect these people or give them harsher penalties, because what they're doing now isn't working.

Kuroyume

Banned
Striker said:
You have a peculiar view of something being flat.

The map wouldn't be broken for Invasion Slayer, the gametype would. Invasion Slayer, itself, is rather broken at least due to its weapon settings and spawns. A player can spawn on his bro even when he's in action. Playing in Paradiso and I am shooting a player with the Needle Rifle, and he backs around a corner to heal as quick as he can before I jump over to finish him off, and all of a sudden his teammate spawns right next to him. This happens during the heated battle and in moments like that. They should just use regular spawning for Invasion Slayer - be less BS spawns.

He's just incredibly stupid... Like you can't go on a sniper spree on any other map. OK

I hope we get a large amount of original maps that phase the remakes out of the playlists completely. It probably won't happen, but I can dream.
Oh I rather have new maps as well and not remakes, but I'd say we are probably going to get some remakes. So why not get remakes of the good maps? And I honestly feel Halo 2 has had the best maps of all the games.

ElRenoRaven

Hugbot said:
Countdown is really quickly becoming my favorite map of the bunch, and it's probably because I haven't seen it in BTB and only once in Snipers.

Because it's not just an online game and your rank is supposed to reflect your time spent playing the entire package, not just matchmaking. And haven't they lowered the credits in gruntpocalypse to be more in line with other modes?

To be honest I'm a gruntpocalypse fan but I'm still earning the same amount of credits. So if they fixed the credits gotten through it, it didn't work. I'm still averaging 1k to 1500 per Guntpocalypse.

Rahxephon91 said:
Oh I rather have new maps as well and not remakes, but I'd say we are probably going to get some remakes. So why not get remakes of the good maps?

You know what I would want to make everyone happy. Let 343 start pumping out ports of every old map in the game while Bungie makes new maps. Then when 343 is done with a collection of every old map, you release them on a bonus disc kind of like they did with the Halo 2 multiplayer map pack. I'd gladly pay 30 to 40 bucks for every single old Halo map. At the same time it allows Bungie to make some new maps and send the game out with a bang.

Also I still want some firefight maps taken from the old games.

Keep in mind I know this would never happen though. A guy can dream though.

Rahxephon91 said:

Reverse order- made for multi, put into single player

Rahxephon91 said:
Oh I rather have new maps as well and not remakes, but I'd say we are probably going to get some remakes. So why not get remakes of the good maps? And I honestly feel Halo 2 has had the best maps of all the games.
I agree. They just decided to remake some of the worst maps from it. (Although, I don't really mind the Ivory Tower remake too much.)

Hugbot said:

I love Countdown. Hanging out over the hole in the floor and getting the drop on people below is a glorious experience.

Valid point. Have they indeed lowered the credits?

ManCannon said:
any random tidbits or special requests for the update today? as it stands it's pretty damn sparse on content. no promises but if you have anything you'd like to see addressed I'll see what I can do.
Am I too late? More info on firefight matchmaking options please. Glacier, multiplayer gruntpocolypse, and private party score attack. Thanks.

Kujo

Remakes of Waterworks and Headlong please. But keep the same locations/style. That Lockout remake was shite.

Really good times in Waterworks, but a lot of people hate that map for some reason.

Man I look back on Halo 2 and I really feel thats the one I remember the most. Mostly because I had a good group of online dudes who I only played with. They stopped and didn't move unto 3 and now Reach. It just isn't the same.

Mojo said:
Remakes of Waterworks and Headlong please. But keep the same locations/style. That Lockout remake was shite.
Yeah please keep the same environments instead of totally changing the feel.

aka

Blackout=bad
Coagulation=good

This is because Blackout looked totally different from Lockout (human architecture instead of Forerunner) yet Coagulation kept the same grassy canyon look as Blood Gulch.

Hugbot

The Wise Old Man said:
Have they indeed lowered the credits?
Well, they said they did. I play it sometimes to blow off steam but haven't had a chance since the update that "fixed" it, so I can't say either way. Psychoraven is saying that cR earned has remained about the same so I'm not sure what they did to it.

Is there a way to see who tagged what on your video? Or even who rendered it for you? Someone rendered one of my videos in HD and im REALLY greatful. Someone else tagged it as NeoGaf which is odd because it wasnt even a clip from a game with Gaffers. Either way, if it was a nice Gaffer that saw my clip and decided to render it thanks a bunch!

The Lamonster said:
Yeah please keep the same environments instead of totally changing the feel.

aka

Blackout=bad
Coagulation=good

This is because Blackout looked totally different from Lockout (human architecture instead of Forerunner) yet Coagulation kept the same grassy canyon look as Blood Gulch.

I've noticed a "Bungie can't win" in regards to architecture and map aesthetics.

If Bungie makes something in Forerunner architecture, it's same-y and boring.

If, however, they take a remake and remove it from that style, people scream and cry to change it back.

Huh?

Striker

Rahxephon91 said:
That's a fairly universal feeling. Halo 2 has had the best set of maps, by far. I really liked about 90% of them. I can safely say I didn't care overall for a select few, specifically Gemini. It will be extremely difficult to find a person who enjoyed most of Halo 3's group.

I would like more new maps, also, but I'm wondering if we do get new maps, will they also be stripped from the campaign or just created using campaign material? They did this often for Halo 2 (see Sanctuary, Turf, Terminal).

Raide

Thagomizer said:
I've noticed a "Bungie can't win" in regards to architecture and map aesthetics.

If Bungie makes something in Forerunner architecture, it's same-y and boring.

If, however, they take a remake and remove it from that style, people scream and cry to change it back.

Huh?

Bungie should just make new maps and just update Forge so the community can make all the remakes.

Keikoku

Banned
Since I didn't receive my game from zavvi (shipped a month ago), I'm going to buy another copy from a friend. Is there any content that is not available if you don't buy a brand new copy ?

I don't know if they actually have this in place, but perhaps a few highly rated Forge maps can be approved by Bungie and put in some playlists.

Rahxephon91 said:
It's not only that. Maybe I've just never noticed this before in past Halo's, but a lot of these maps are just taken from the single player. Now I know that's common, but compared to 2 and 3 I never noticed it as much as I did in reach.
Reach is the only Halo game to do this 1-3 only would reuse pallets from single player but never the actual layouts.

Hugbot

The Lamonster said:
Yeah! And Damnation!
It's not the same without new art and the Bungie touch, but there's a very good damnation remake in FW. It gets the scale pretty close to right and I didn't have a problem getting lost on it like I do with other FW remakes.

Salvation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom