• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey You

Dax01 said:
I only hop into Rumble Pit to play zombies. That's just me, but that may be the case for a lot of others as well.
Same. I'm a huge Infection fan. I'm part of the problem :lol

WaltJay said:
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to give it a shot (hur, hur) tonight.

I recall one part where the guy said, "shoot the ship now!" and the larger ship opened up. I tried to run back when the guy was saying that, but I was too late. I wasn't sure if I had to clear out all of the Banshees and other ships; hell, I could only ever manage to shoot one or two down before I got picked off. I could just grab the healthpack, and fight off the Elites, and when I get signal, fire the cannon.
If you're playing on Legendary, the Elites will have the uber shield from the Engineer. Take him out first, then pop off any Grunts that are in the room. Take out the Elite with the FRG next, and the other couple should be a lot easier for a lure/shotgun to the chest. I've seen videos where there are Spartan Lasers on the deck where the MAC Cannon is, but that may just be for co-op. There's a DMR weapon rack in the room opposite of where you come in.
Hope that helps.

Hey You

Vigilant Walrus said:
Reach has impressive player numbers right now, but it always suck when you buy a XBL enabled game, and the community is dead with a few servers. Obviously Halo has it's fans, but will this be the counter-strike of the console(the king), or do you think people are just playing Halo until something better comes along, like Medal of Honor, Brink, BF2 Vietnam or Black Ops?
Halo 3 had already remained in the top 3 (4?) most played XBL game every week since its release. I'm sure the same will happen with Reach.

Jonsoncao

Banned
STG said:
I made a picture!

reachbpx2.jpg

guess it looked like this
:lol :lol

nice one, quote for the new page

Devin Olsen said:
Actually the cap is Lt.Colonel Grade 3 right now.... So the rank Commander (and the graphic) are new, and currently un accessible.
Wasn't it proven that LT. Colonel Grade 3's can see certain armor that requires Colonel Rank and some that require Commander Rank?

People getting to unlock those ranks would be considered modding/cheating though.

NJ Shlice

Does anyone know a Gamertag of someone wearing an armor higher than the Scout helmet. Everyone I see above Captain/Major never have any of the higher armor, like Mark V, Pilot, Gungnir, etc.

NJ Shlice said:
Does anyone know a Gamertag of someone wearing an armor higher than the Scout helmet. Everyone I see above Captain/Major never have any of the higher armor, like Mark V, Pilot, Gungnir, etc.
Nearly everyone I talk too on live is saving up for that lightning effect :/

vhfive

Cuban Legend said:
Wasn't it proven that LT. Colonel Grade 3's can see certain armor that requires Colonel Rank and some that require Commander Rank?

People getting to unlock those ranks would be considered modding/cheating though.
I'm only a Captain and I can see that the gold visor requires you to be a Colonel.

Raide

Diablohead said:
Nearly everyone I talk too on live is saving up for that lightning effect :/

I have my Legendary code, still have not used it. :lol I really not that fussed about flaming heads and odd armour effects.

Hypertrooper said:
Halo Reach got 39 of 40points at Famitsu? Japanese loves Halo: Reach. Since when Mik works for the famitsu? :lol
Considering Week 1 sales of Reach in Japan were half that of Halo 3's it might just be the Famitsu staff.
Knowing Famitsu, how much ad space did MS buy?

-PXG-

I've quit about every other match this morning. It's either being stuck with a retarded team or fucking Snipers.

Willeth

Letters said:
The launch playlists were put together by someone on the way out, and so he probably didn't care too much about them being good.
Heh, I'm sure he was more professional than that.

-PXG-

TommyT said:
Enjoy that 15min in the corner if you keep that up.

Again, BTB Snipers. This is ridiculous. XBL community is retarded and Bungie needs to make a coherent and sensible playlist.

KevinRo

Ok, what's up with the ending?

Now when I play it
the spartan at the end of the cutscene that is about to die is Grey and not my color nor does it have any of my armour permutations. Ontop of that, the helmet shown at the end of the game is some weird helmet that I've never seen before.
wtf?

TommyT

-PXG- said:
Again, BTB Snipers. This is ridiculous. XBL community is retarded and Bungie needs to make a coherent and sensible playlist.

True as it may be... if you keep quitting games you'll get a temp ban :\

KevinRo said:
Ok, what's up with the ending?

Now when I play it
the spartan at the end of the cutscene that is about to die is Grey and not my color nor does it have any of my armour permutations. Ontop of that, the helmet shown at the end of the game is some weird helmet that I've never seen before.
wtf?
Go into theater and take a screenshot(s) of it for us to see.

Wizpig

Guys, is Arena #1 already over? i see some people already have the arena rank on B.net... the "rainbow" one.
But i have nothing.

Trasher

Raide said:
Diablo 3 Hate Force.
...wat?

I'm Onyx and there's nothing "rainbow" about it. It's completely black.
5.png

Edit: Btw, in order to get your ranking you need to have gotten a rating on 7 different days.

KevinRo said:
Everytime I play the ending the

That's my friends fileshare when we both noticed it.
Well if it shows up different on your end I don't think that's a definitive way for you to show us it's different from your current armor setup.

The only other way that comes to mind for you to correctly be able to show us something weird is going on is if the Armor changes to a permutation that would still be locked for your rank, which would prove something is up for sure.

Is it a co-op or solo run through campaign that this is occurring in?

Hugbot

Cuban Legend said:
Well if it shows up different on your end I don't think that's a definitive way for you to show us it's different from your current armor setup.

The only other way that comes to mind for you to correctly be able to show us something weird is going on is if the Armor changes to a permutation that would still be locked for your rank, which would prove something is up for sure.

Is it a co-op or solo run through campaign that this is occurring in?
It showed up different on my co-op run too. Was kind of jarring but not a big deal.

Wizpig

Another question: is it true that there are MORE enemies in Campaign if you play it with 4 players (on Legendary)? i noticed no differences...

Red

big ander said:
what the fuck
Hope he gets bricked fast.
EDIT: for having auto-aim, quick fire, and super speed, this guy is AWFUL.
He keeps trying to make the same jump from the middle platform to the mancannon. He dies every time :lol

Neuromancer said:
Same here, I don't understand the hate. I do think it should be its own playlist though.
I like playing FFA slayer when no friends are online or if I feel like having a change, too many times however I end up in an invasion match which is just broken on the current maps, that game mode should really use some forge maps designed for infection.

Diablohead said:
This is one reason why I think the elite's have weak gear, needler is good but it's an easy wepaon to dodge, repeater is weaker then the AR so good luck taking someone out with it before it overheats, PP is a good side arm but only good 1 on 1.

I know there are needle rifles laying around but get caught be someone with a DMR crouch shooting you and you'e read in 3 seconds off the spawn point, I know because I do this myself.

Elites were gimped and they don't have much more shield then a spartan now, their hp is low too, I see too many people quit first stage because they fail to take a point and it's annoying me just how powerful human weapons are against elites.

If the human sniper can take out a tank in 5 shots why does the focus rifle do little damage to vehicles?

Rockets home better then the plasma launcher, the PL is now rubbish in most situations and travels slower then a flying rocket.

Repeater vs AR, AR wins for two reasons, one being that the AR has a damage output boost since the beta and 2 it's hit scan, just aim and spray!

PP is terrible over range but the magnum is not, PP charge has travel time and once their shield is down it takes about 5 shots to kill, Magnum can do all that better. Only time the PP is good is for stalling a vehicle or up close for a cheap charge and melee combo.

The tank is 10 times better then the wraith, stronger in all ways, you can snipe with the tank and it's shots have huge splash damage, the wraith's splash is no better but the shots have an arc and travel time, harder to aim at anyone not right in front of you.

I've played enough rounds of invasion to learn to steal human weapons and then dominate on the poor souls until I run out of ammo.

Invasion definitely needs some balancing and some new maps. Elites need better starting weapons for sure. Playing a match like Invasion Slayer on Hemorrhage, you can really see what I am talking about. For the first weapon tier Elites have no ranged weapons at all, whereas Spartans get pistols and AR's, extremely unfair. Later you eventually get the needle rifle, but that is only after the Spartans have been raping with headshots for the first 3rd of the game. But hey at least Elites get swords at tier 3, that should help on a map like Hemorrhage.....

Speaking of maps, I really am not liking the maps in Halo: Reach. There just isn't enough of them. Invasion is extremely lacking on maps, 2 maps for real invasion is pathetic. I'm also not a fan of the single player spaces as multiplayer maps. This doesn't seem to make for a good balanced map, see Boneyard or Spire.

Reach needs some good, solid, designed for multiplayer maps. Even if that means bringing some Halo 3 maps over, that would be awesome. As it stands, Halo Reach has the worst multiplayer levels in any Halo game as far as I am concerned. Won't stop me from playing, but I really hope Bungie is working hard to get some maps out.

Willeth

Wizpig said:
Another question: is it true that there are MORE enemies in Campaign if you play it with 4 players (on Legendary)? i noticed no differences...
Yes. For example, at the end of
Nightfall,

I was playing two-player Legendary. The Hunters dropped, and so did a Phantom full of four or five cloaked Elites. We died a few times to them and they appeared on each respawn. My friend quit, and I got ruined by them. The next reload, only the Hunters dropped.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Willeth said:
Yes. For example, at the end of
Nightfall,

I was playing two-player Legendary. The Hunters dropped, and so did a Phantom full of four or five cloaked Elites. We died a few times to them and they appeared on each respawn. My friend quit, and I got ruined by them. The next reload, only the Hunters dropped.
I've played that mission on both Legendary Co-op and Solo and both times invisible Elites dropped.

Chorazin

Started my Legendary run last night, so far the first two missions were less frustrating than on Heroic. I think part of it is because I've played each level a few times now, the other is because when I die I just say "Well, it is on Legendary after all!"

Is it a bug or a feature that your in game service profile only shows the active challenges you have completed? My daily challenges complete reset to zero every day, and weekly every week.

On bungie.net it shows the complete tally, not just the ones that are still active.

It's not very useful the way it is currently...

NameGenerated said:
I've played that mission on both Legendary Co-op and Solo and both times invisible Elites dropped.
Solo I think there are only 2 invisible elites.

Another example is
the second AA gun on Tip of the Spear
. Solo there are only two wraiths, but coop there are three.

Chorazin

brokenwatch said:
Is it a bug or a feature that your in game service profile only shows the active challenges you have completed? My daily challenges complete reset to zero every day, and weekly every week.

On bungie.net it shows the complete tally, not just the ones that are still active.

It's not very useful the way it is currently...

Why? If you missed (or completed) yesterday's challenge then why do you need it in the challenge list?

I think enemies and enemy ranks can vary at all times, as I discovered when doing the Office of No Dying. I'd get more or less helmeted grunts at the very start, and different ranks of Elite in that fight too (sometimes there would be a Minor, sometimes not).

There are definitely higher ranking enemies on Legendary (Minors are very rare), and I think more of them too. Maybe more again depending on the number of players.

brokenwatch said:
Luke said it was by design so you can quickly skim your list and see who is on top of the day's or week's Challenge(s), and so find potential partners for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom