• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

MagniHarvald said:
Armor Lock is the worst addition to the game IMO, at least reduce its length. Wow.
Sprint is much worse, with everyone rushing around with swords and hammers, or running fast into cover as soon as they get hit with a bullet from far away. :p

Dear Bungle:

Please fix the weighting in Team Slayer. Why is Sword Base, Forge World and Boardwalk so heavily favored? I swear to god, I never see Countdown, Zealot or Reflection. It's infuriating playing Sword Base over and over again.

Love,

DJ

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/PlayerGameHistory.aspx?player=DancingJesus

P.S.

At the very least - at least I don't get SWAT over and over again. Half way there. Now fix the map rotations. Is it that hard?

Edit:

Pinacle,
Boardwalk
and Swordbase

Just came up AGAIN. For fuck sake, thank god they all voted none of the above and got Zealot.

Neuromancer said:
Flood mode for firefight. Yeah I said it. Bungie already said there was a ton of stuff locked on the disc we don't know about.
Where/when did they say this, and to what does this refer to in the context in which it was said?

Better yet: Bungie can address this in the weekly update today. Just a simple confirm/deny would do. Modders can try to pull a 'halo 3 IWHBYD discovery" later if need be.

I could see maybe forcing a break in the lock, so you can't just hold it till backup arrives, but otherwise, Armor lock is a pretty awesome ability. I Had two guys using it stupidly on zealot and I managed to pull a double because of it. As soon as they took a shot one would go into lock, so I had both down to no shields, sitting in armor lock pretty soon. one well timed nade was all it took.

GhaleonEB

Letters said:
Sprint is much worse, with everyone rushing around with swords and hammers, or running fast into cover as soon as they get hit with a bullet from far away. :p
I don't think any of the AA's are out of place when incorporated correctly. But a bubble shield in games about defending a specific objective (KotH, CTF), or a jet pack in a map crafted with a specific infantry flow in mind (such as Reflection) don't mix well. That's one of the reasons I settled on a relatively large, open map for my first Forge design: every surface is climbable without a jet pack, and it's open enough that sprinters won't be able to zip in and out of encounters.

Conceptually I'd like to see discretion applied to which AA's show up on which map; there doesn't need to be a base set of five available. Two or three with a mix of different weapons would result in a more controlled map and combat flow, unless the map is open enough to accomodate them.

cazosozey

DancingJesus said:
Dear Bungle:

Please fix the weighting in Team Slayer. Why is Sword Base, Forge World and Boardwalk so heavily favored? I swear to god, I never see Countdown, Zealot or Reflection. It's infuriating playing Sword Base over and over again.

Love,

DJ

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/PlayerGameHistory.aspx?player=DancingJesus

P.S.

At the very least - at least I don't get SWAT over and over again. Half way there. Now fix the map rotations. Is it that hard?

I feel the same about powerhouse, its a great map, and I thought it was fun in the beta, but I have barely played it

Trasher

Really bummed that no one's found anymore easter eggs. Was hoping someone would have figured something out with the invisible Bob elites by now.

The Lamonster said:
Sucks that there is no more progress bar in the lower-right HUD score.

I never know how many points is needed to win a game.
This.

Also, I really hope they add a soft kill zone on top of Asshole mountain in the middle of Paradiso.

Gui_PT

MagniHarvald said:
BTB is different. Fuck it for 4v4 and smaller.

Played a game earlier. One guy there would use Armor Lock as soon as someone shot him or got close to him. Most stupid and cowardly way to play. Ruined the whole match.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
MagniHarvald said:
BTB is different. Fuck it for 4v4 and smaller.

I would agree to that too, if there wasn't so many power weapons on near instant respawns. Armor Lock saves you against rockets, and sword/hammer/shotgun sprinters time and time again.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Schmitty said:
:lol

I like that name

And the mountain to the side of the bases, near the water. That's the new spot.

Also, another issue with hemmorage, the team that starts near the water is at a SEVERE disadvantage especially when it comes to snipers. The team inland gets the whole elevated ridge, and has elevated sides to snipe from and view the battle field, where as the team by the water has to expose itself to even see where to shoot.

There are so many issues with that map, unless I'm playing with friends I'll just snap up the shotgun and camp the flag when I'm by the water, and grab the sniper and shit on people when I'm at the top base from now on.

Sean P.

Alienshogun said:
I wouldn't go that far, the game is fantastic, but not without some issues.

So many core gameplay elements are broken. Campaign is fantastic, MP is the biggest flop Bungie has released.

GhaleonEB

Alienshogun said:
Probably when they pass cert.
I'd say three things need to get in place. First, they need a good selection of well crafted community maps. Invastion maps in particular are very hard to design correctly but I'm starting to see some good candidates pop up in the Forge thread, for instance. Second, they need a way to flag the best and pull them into the pipline (that's in the works), and then test them. I think we're somewhere between the first and second stages right now.

feel

Sean P. said:
So many core gameplay elements are broken. Campaign is fantastic, MP is the biggest flop Bungie has released.
Your opinion. The game just needs more and better maps asap.

ManCannon

Sill4 said:
When is bungie going to roll out some community made Invasion maps?

Where are the awesome, rock-solid, play-tested community Invasion maps?

Hmm maybe we should have an official contest to spur interest and focus the creative efforts of the community and reward them with fancy prizes... maybe...

Bungie.net update is live. Some of the requested topics were addressed. I suspect next week will result in a lot more satisfaction though. Between the growing 10/19 playlist update and other things potentially happening next week, should be a good scene for Urk to return and walk into for a meaty update.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
alright i seriously am sick of this shit. how the fuck do dudes spam the dmr across the entire map and i mean SPAM like the fucker is going to go out of style in 3 seconds and land every fucking shot.

Gui_PT

Sean P. said:

Getting your ass kicked much? =P

I really couldn't disagree more. Some maps have problems, but the biggest faults in this game is what the idiot players do that take away most of the fun(like quitting or spawn camping or armor locking raaaaageeeeeee).

Gr1mLock said:
alright i seriously am sick of this shit. how the fuck do dudes spam the dmr across the entire map and i mean SPAM like the fucker is going to go out of style in 3 seconds and land every fucking shot.

Did he crouch? it can make your shots a lot more accurate from a long distance

Schmitty

Gr1mLock said:
More than one person shooting you? Or maybe they are just good.

Sill4

ManCannon said:
Where are the awesome, rock-solid, play-tested community Invasion maps?

Hmm maybe we should have an official contest to spur interest and focus the creative efforts of the community and reward them with fancy prizes... maybe...

Bungie.net update is live. Some of the requested topics were addressed. I suspect next week will result in a lot more satisfaction though. Between the growing 10/19 playlist update and other things potentially happening next week, should be a good scene for Urk to return and walk into for a meaty update.
citizenkaneclapping.gif

GhaleonEB said:
I'd say three things need to get in place. First, they need a good selection of well crafted community maps. Invastion maps in particular are very hard to design correctly but I'm starting to see some good candidates pop up in the Forge thread, for instance. Second, they need a way to flag the best and pull them into the pipline (that's in the works), and then test them. I think we're somewhere between the first and second stages right now.
YOU, good sir, should think about doing an invasion map!

I've been working on one all week, but I am a mere scrub when it comes to placing spawns and objectives.

Sean P.

Gui_PT said:

I really couldn't disagree more. Some maps have problems, but the biggest faults in this game is what the idiot players do that take away most of the fun(like quitting or spawn camping or armor locking raaaaageeeeeee).

No My performance is just fine.

Circle T

I wish the game would group the players at the start according to mic usage. Lately while playing BTB, I keep getting put on the team filled with people either with no mic, or in party chat, while the other team has 5 or 6 mic'd up players. If you don't have a mic or whatever, that is fine. But you should be grouped with the other players who also don't want to talk, while the people who DO want to communicate should be grouped.

Havok

Level cap being raised in the next month or two? Sooo...when the cap is raised the people who play at the same furious rate they are now will just shoot up to the next cap again, after gaining credits for an entire 1-2 months?

Can't say I'm excited about that.

Zel3

NameGenerated said:
Rank cap lifted in the next month or two? Boo-urns.

whatever whenever it gets lifted im going straight to colonel :lol

and then ill probably be capped again for months

:/

Ram, remember when I said you were top 5% of the playerbase, at least?

ReachRankDist.jpg

Yeah, it's probably higher than that. You just never see the other dudes.

the AI actually does NOT evade more or have a greater awareness on Legendary compared to the other difficulties (with the exception of a greater likelihood to see Active Camo or less likelihood of falling for Hologram).

Bungie managed to successfully convey the Legendary AI as being "smarter" by only scaling up their damage, health, and projectile velocity?

1233928590_citizen20kadrl0.gif

Trasher

Shake Appeal said:
Ram, remember when I said you were top 5% of the playerbase, at least?

ReachRankDist.jpg

Yeah, it's probably higher than that. You just never see the other dudes.
Tashi is just a Captain though. Your rank means nothing when referring to how good a player actually is.

I would like to see a chart like this for Arena Season 1. Any chance of that, Brian? :(

Gui_PT said:

Eh, not everyone who is displeased is bad at this game.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/playlists.aspx?player=SpykeMasta
(I probably suck compared to others here though :p)

Gui_PT said:

The maps are honestly the biggest problem right now, and they're one of the most important elements in an FPS (or any game). It feels like Bungie didn't actually think about how the maps would function in multiplayer, and instead focused on aesthetics. And I still have NO clue as to why they decided to limit themselves by only borrowing from campaign levels. Creative/unique maps with function as a top priority would've been leagues better imo. Knowing the dev's imaginations, we could have been given maps in sewers, forests, deserts, mazes, more snow, oceans, etc. Some of the best maps in other games(other halos, CS, and so on) were random and off-the-wall ideas that became awesome out of nowhere.

I guess we'll see when the first DLC rolls around if they're gonna go all out, or if we'll get more lame cities.

Edit: And also, the quitting will never go away without individual/persistent ranks in the playlists sadly.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Schmitty said:
More than one person shooting you? Or maybe they are just good.

oh i know there's a billion people better then me at the game. but this was spam at its finest. I dont mind getting out dmr'ed, it will happen. i do mind total fucking bullshit. and thats what tends to happen at a fairly frequent rate.

Over 17% of players have earned “Heat in the Pipe” by scoring 1,000,000 points in a Firefight game. Estimated percentage of those who did it WITHOUT “cheesing” (making a custom gametype with infinite ammo, unlimited shields, etc…) = .0001%.

That's like 5 people?

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I can't believe I'm in the top ~3% as a captain grade 3. I dunno what to think about that :/

Also, the weekly update says you face four Hunters on Legendary Nightfall. This isn't true - you still only face 2.

Edit: Aren't both Blame Stosh videos from GAF?

Zel3

Trickster said:
1 or 2 more months before they remove the cap that's not really a cap? Smh...
The real problem is once they remove it those same people who are capped will probably reach whatever new cap they have. And so the cycle will repeat till that 1% percent of players get frustrated and stop playing.

It's only 1 percent so I doubt Bungie really cares.

Cuban Legend said:
Bungie managed to successfully convey the Legendary AI as being "smarter" by only scaling up their damage, health, and projectile velocity?

1233928590_citizen20kadrl0.gif
Pretty cool to know it's always smart and just gets full advantage to use those smarts when it doesn't get killed so easily.

Cool to see bobs's video in the update (the 2nd one for the unaware)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom