• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

I need help in chapter 4. Ill spoiler it in case anyone cares.

Where you have to defend jun, as he is going to set remote mines on the covenant tower. I killed everyone, and jun decides to stand there doing SFA. I have to restart the whole damn level, dont I?

To be honest, I don't agree with a lot of Sean P's post. I can see hie side of things but my problem is a bit more... generic.

Before I start, don't even play the 'I must not have liked [insert Halo title here]' card. I defended the beta to shit. It was a beta after all, not really something to decide your opinion of the final game on.

Bucket loads of features... Not many of them are perfect.

Bungie are cutting every corner the can in order to make this game run smoothly. Look at splitscreen. Ram asked what the hell I was doing playing 4-player splitscreen in 2010. It simply cannot really be justified any more on 360 titles. Reach makes far more compromises on graphics in terms of clipping distances, when things get rendered and so on. Sure the game runs fine but to sa one's gameplay isn't tarnished by this is a bit of a joke.
2-player splitscreen isn't as bad except that you still lose a lot of new features. Quite simply, I have no idea how many credits I earn anymore. I can't see the callouts (perhaps Bungie didn't want to calculate the position on the map for multipple players?). I don't even get my own veto anymore... Commendations.... yeah.

Couple that with frustrating gameplay mechanics and you have a very sub-standard experience of the game.
The DMR is hitscan... so why is it that I can headshot my enemy as he headshots me? This happens a bit more often than I would like. The window for beating someone down is a bit broken as in far too many cases a melee will bag you a kill as you die. Bulltrues aren't rare with the amount of swords these days but getting a bulltrue and then getting killed also happens.

Things like waiting for the moment an enemy comes out of Armour Lock is also very tedious. That split second of invulnerability coming out of it is so hard to judge when both using AL and dealing with it. Deploying drop shields in a panic is very tough indeed too.

Assists, spawns and map design also further contribute to this general feeling that the game doesn't present the level of polish as I had anticipated. I feel like Bungie went all out and made a great game but it is a series of these issues that spoil it for me.

Magni

RandomVince said:
I need help in chapter 4. Ill spoiler it in case anyone cares.

Where you have to defend jun, as he is going to set remote mines on the covenant tower. I killed everyone, and jun decides to stand there doing SFA. I have to restart the whole damn level, dont I?

You need to go to the next area, over where the shotgun spawns on the MP version.

Dani said:
I've spent over half a million credits.

Hearts Armour Effect - 300,000 cR
Black Visor - 100,000 cR
Sgt Johnson FF Voice - 100.000 cR

Plus some other armour trinkets. Now, where's the Gungnir Bungie and how much will I have to pony up? :D

Do you have any space in your fileshare? I would appreciate it if you could play a match with Johnsons voice equipped and load it into your fileshare so I can try before I buy type thing.

Also people on Youtube have started uploading my clips and claiming to be me, ive seen 2 people do this so far and they are so cheeky. One dude commented "can I put this in a montage" and the dude writes "yeah but make sure credit is given".

WTF.

Just hit Colonel (offline).

New stuff I can see/get:

Helmets:
Mark VI Helmet (300K Cr, requires Brigadier)
Gungnir Helmet (250K Cr, requires Brigadier)

Shoulders:
Sniper (80K Cr, requires Brigadier)
Mark V (100K Cr, requires Brigadier)

Kujo

Two questions...

1. What are 'penalties' on the scoreboard? I've gotten them in campaign and matchmaking, without betrayals or suicides.

2. What the frak is wrong with the scoreboard. Often in game the score at the end would be one thing, but after the game the amount of kills is different, usually more. Once again without any betrayals or such. Happens most in BTB for me.

Trickster

Man, I thought the team slayer playlist was bad before swat got it's own playlist and sniper was made less common.

But playing rumble pit for more than 1 game a day, has made me realise that team slayer really wasn't all the bad. At least in team slayer, the objective was always to get 50 kills before the enemy team. In rumble pit however, I am forced to play idiotic crap like infection and juggernaut the majority of the time. And both of those gametypes are far worse than swat or snipers.

I would really love to hear the thoughts of the people that decided on the playlists, and what to put in them. Because I sure as hell don't see the logic in some of them.

Magni

Trickster said:
Man, I thought the team slayer playlist was bad before swat got it's own playlist and sniper was made less common.

But playing rumble pit for more than 1 game a day, has made me realise that team slayer really wasn't all the bad. At least in team slayer, the objective was always to get 50 kills before the enemy team. In rumble pit however, I am forced to play idiotic crap like infection and juggernaut the majority of the time. And both of those gametypes are far worse than swat or snipers.

I would really love to hear the thoughts of the people that decided on the playlists, and what to put in them. Because I sure as hell don't see the logic in some of them.

Rumble Pit is a casual FFA playlist, there's nothing wrong with it (well, maybe the frequency of Infection). The real problem is the lack of an FFA Arena.

you know whats really annoying? Playing firefight matchmaking and getting one accidental betrayal and getting booted. I've been accidentally betrayed numerous times and never booted someone for it. I just don't get why anyone would do it. I wish bungie would change it so the option doesn't even show up unless you do it more than once.

Trickster

MagniHarvald said:
Rumble Pit is a casual FFA playlist, there's nothing wrong with it (well, maybe the frequency of Infection). The real problem is the lack of an FFA Arena.

Team slayer and team objective are also "casual" playlists then. So why do team games deserve several playlists, while ffa (and multiteam) only get one?

I also wouldn't really consider playlists that use a trueskill system and are placed in a section called "competitive" to be casual.

LiK said:
YAY! Finally got the If They Came to Hear Me Beg Achievement! FYI, Sprint was on. Inside Xbox and RoosterTeeth can suck it.
Congrats, that thing was a bitch and a half.

Botolf said:
Got an ice cream birthday cake today. Had an edible picture of Noble Team on it ^_^
You should post a photo of it if you took one.

Striker

sableholic said:
you know whats really annoying? Playing firefight matchmaking and getting one accidental betrayal and getting booted. I've been accidentally betrayed numerous times and never booted someone for it. I just don't get why anyone would do it. I wish bungie would change it so the option doesn't even show up unless you do it more than once.
It's being changed to no Friendly Fire. But I do guess most betrayals get happened during Rocketfight, which is precisely why I never choose that in MM Firefight for the time being.

Magni

Trickster said:
Team slayer and team objective are also "casual" playlists then. So why do team games deserve several playlists, while ffa (and multiteam) only get one?

I also wouldn't really consider playlists that use a trueskill system and are placed in a section called "competitive" to be casual.

Team Slayer has Arena 4v4.
Multi Team is a Social playlist.

Team Objective is a tough one. Question to Bungi guys: is the absence of Objective games in the Arena hard coded into the game, or can it be implemented with a new formula at some point? What about the absence of visible Skill numbers?

edit: 4v4 playlists get more playlists because they are core Halo. We can't have an FFA SWAT playlist or a Multi-Team Snipers playlist :lol

Gui_PT

These assist challenges are making me not want to play any more once I'm done with them.

I have to intentionally not kill someone and hope I have a teammate nearby.

=\

Gui_PT said:
These assist challenges are making me not want to play any more once I'm done with them.

=\
Yeah they're really assy. I don't even bother.

Gui_PT said:

=\

To finish off the assist challenge from yesterday I played a game of multi-team. I got 9 assists. Prior to that, over ~4 hours of gaming I only had 32.

The assist system is worse IMO in DMR games, I'm assuming this is based on how assists are calculated, and with most kills being headshots.

Gui_PT said:

=\
I am pretty sure Bungie are testing the data. Think about just how many assist challenges there have been lately. I believe they are giving the global community different assist targets to get every few days in order to see just how many assists people are getting. I think it is ultimately to address the issue in a correct manner...

That or

They are toying with you.

Hydranockz said:
I am pretty sure Bungie are testing the data. Think about just how many assist challenges there have been lately. I believe they are giving the global community different assist targets to get every few days in order to see just how many assists people are getting. I think it is ultimately to address the issue in a correct manner...

That or

That or they had all these challenges laid out some time ago, and aren't going to let the fact that the assist system is screwy interfere with their schedule.

That's all right though, I rarely go after competitive multiplayer achievements anyway unless they're easy. I did get the 23 kills yesterday though, that was pretty satisfying.

My take is those guys are all assholes the number of times I've been betrayed in FF is out of control. People rocketing me or sniping me right as the match begins? Damn right you're getting booted you just ruined my perfection!

You see me beating a guy down but you decide to rocket him before I can get the kill and I die? Fuck you you're absolutely getting booted.

THINK before you do shit. Its like these people are fuckin braindead.

On that note I just got my first Perfection Firefight commendation for staying alive for 50 firefight games. I GOT 500 credits. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? Its like Bungie took no consideration with the credit system rewards. Thats obviously apparent with the challenges but 500 credits for getting 50 perfections in FF! Makes no sense.

Fail credit system Bungie.

Hydranockz said:

That or

Well I hope not, because ive been playing multi team and using the Plasma Pistol or AR just going for assists. People like me are skewing the data and Bungie probably thinks "The assists are fine, look people are completing the challenge".

Please Bungie fix the assists. :D

Lazslo

Dani said:
22.png

Dailies done, 1% Club Pass issued.
Well done sir. Looking forward to customs tonight battlebro.

Also regarding the lack of numbered ranks: It kinda sucks no longer having a number next to your name constantly, but at the same time it's refreshing. In H2 those numbers seemed really important, however in Halo3 it felt like an outdated system. I think the Arena is a refreshing solution to the issue. I rather have a 1595 next to my name instead of having a 45.

MrBig

xxjuicesxx said:
On that note I just got my first Perfection Firefight commendation for staying alive for 50 firefight games. I GOT 500 credits. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? Its like Bungie took no consideration with the credit system rewards. Thats obviously apparent with the challenges but 500 credits for getting 50 perfections in FF! Makes no sense.

Each level of commendations has a set amount of credits for all of them Iron is 500, Bronze is 700, Steel is 1500, Gold 2800, Onyx 4400. Those aren't the real numbers but they are somewhere around there.

LosDaddie

Banned
Raide said:
4000cR Shootin' and Lootin'
Kill 400 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

900cR A Great Friend
Earn 15 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.

750cR Three Dog Fight
Earn a Triple Kill in Multiplayer Matchmaking.

750cR Came From Behind
Perform 2 Assassinations in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

I haven't got the Daily achievement yet, so what's the best, most efficient way to get these?

So, is the best method?:

Tokubetsu said:
That's only four games of score attack!

Or is this the best/easiest method?:

Sean said:
while just 3-4 games of Gruntpocalypse today earns you 4k..

Thanks in advance, HaloGAF

LosDaddie said:
I haven't got the Daily achievement yet, so what's the best, most efficient way to get these?

So, is the best method?:

Gruntpocalypse for FireFight. Rumble Pit for the multiplayer ones.

Gui_PT

LosDaddie said:

For the 400 kills, just do 3 games of gruntpocalypse.(you'll get about 360 kills with that, you can get the remaining kills while you try to get the other challenges)

For the assists, assassinations: Rumble Pit or Multi team.

For the triple kill, I got it in a game of juggernaut on rumble pit. Not sure if it's the best way.

LosDaddie said:

So, is the best method?

If your goal is to get it quickly, do what I do.
I always farm the Target Locator for the Shootin' and Lootin' challenges. I get the challenges, and rank up the commendations that I know I would otherwise never get. Thousands of multikills? Yeah right - like I'll be playing through the campaign that much.

Merguson

Banned
Sean said:
I feel sorry for those who have been grinding for the Firefight weekly challenge. 50 games of that shit (hours and hours) for 3k while just 3-4 games of Gruntpocalypse today earns you 4k.

Glad I never bothered with the weekly challenge.

Nah, 10 games of firefight per day combined with the daily challenges that you can complete in firefight, a breeze.

I already have the weekly challenge completed so I'm going to take a break from firefight and give campaign a spin to get my 4000 cR.

Gui_PT

Merguson said:
Nah, 10 games of firefight per day combined with the daily challenges that you can complete in firefight, a breeze.

Yeah, it's not so bad. Besides, you get at least 50k cR for all those rounds.

ElRenoRaven

-Yeti said:
Same here. :(

Now we'll be stuck here for a month or two. Dang.

I'm ok with that.

MrBig said:
MJOLNIR MK. V - purchased
Achievement Unlocked
1000/1000
:D

Damn it you beat me on the MK. V. I am about 40k credits away. Damn me not waiting on spending credits. I'm such a woman in that if I have some credits laying around I am just so tempted to spend them.

LosDaddie said:

So, is the best method?:

Both are the same method. Gruntpocalypse is an option in score attack.

MrBig

PsychoRaven said:
Damn it you beat me on the MK. V. I am about 40k credits away. Damn me not waiting on spending credits. I'm such a woman in that if I have some credits laying around I am just so tempted to spend them.
I'm not buying anything besides black/gold visors, Mark V Shoulders, and collar chest. Thats the only other things I want as of right now. Once I get those or calculate that I have enoigh credits to buy them during the cap, I start buying everything else for armory completion.

ElRenoRaven

MrBig said:
I'm not buying anything besides black/gold visors, Mark V Shoulders, and collar chest. Thats the only other things I want as of right now. Once I get those or calculate that I have enoigh credits to buy them during the cap, I start buying everything else for armory completion.

LOL are you in my head. I'm going for the Mark V and black visor. I spent up till I got lt col. Now I'm saving. Then I'm going back and picking up the other stuff I hadn't bought.

xxjuicesxx said:

Yeup, some of the weightings are so unbalanced.

It should be something like 5 no deaths matches for Iron, 10 for Bronze, 20 for Silver, 35 for Gold, and 75 for Onyx.

As it stands, it takes 250 games to achieve bronze for the Perfectionist commendation. It's just ridiculous.

MrDaravon

Just to clarify, I understand that you'll still keep earned cR at the cap, but I just want to make 100% sure that any cR earned from Challenges and Commendations will also be kept right? Just want to make sure before I bother finishing the 50 Firefight game Challenge :lol

Trickster

MagniHarvald said:
edit: 4v4 playlists get more playlists because they are core Halo. We can't have an FFA SWAT playlist or a Multi-Team Snipers playlist :lol

I'm not saying to have a playlist for every possible gametype. What I am saying is, that it would be nice to be able to play some FFA with a slayer variant, if that is what I want to do.

Forcing me to play FFA objective or worse, when all I want to do is play some FFA slayer, makes no sense to me.

Or should that kind of privilege only be bestowed on those that choose to play "core halo"?

Trickster said:
I'm not saying to have a playlist for every possible gametype. What I am saying is, that it would be nice to be able to play some FFA with a slayer variant, if that is what I want to do.

Forcing me to play FFA objective or worse, when all I want to do is play some FFA slayer, makes no sense to me.

Or should that kind of privilege only be bestowed on those that choose to play "core halo"?
Majority wins, sorry bro.

ElRenoRaven

SailorDaravon said:
Just to clarify, I understand that you'll still keep earned cR at the cap, but I just want to make 100% sure that any cR earned from Challenges and Commendations will also be kept right? Just want to make sure before I bother finishing the 50 Firefight game Challenge :lol

Yes. You keep gaining credits after you hit cap. These count for future ranks and of course can be spent as normal too. basically it's as if there isn't a cap while there is a cap. I've done dailies today and gotten the credits.

Ughh people in SWAT going n teams of 6. So two are on my team. They just go and get killed over and over huge - scores. This is a fun ass playlist except the last 3 games I have gotten the WORST team ever. I don't go negative yet they still mange to lose it hard.

Anyone good at SWAT in this place?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Gui_PT said:

=\

I've found just randomly lobbing grenades in multi-team works really well. Particularly on a gametype like oddball where everyone is congregated in once place.

LosDaddie

Banned
Grimm Fandango said:
Gruntpocalypse for FireFight. Rumble Pit for the multiplayer ones.

Gui_PT said:
For the 400 kills, just do 3 games of gruntpocalypse.(you'll get about 360 kills with that, you can get the remaining kills while you try to get the other challenges)

For the assists, assassinations: Rumble Pit or Multi team.

For the triple kill, I got it in a game of juggernaut on rumble pit. Not sure if it's the best way.

divisionbyzorro said:
If your goal is to get it quickly, do what I do.
I always farm the Target Locator for the Shootin' and Lootin' challenges. I get the challenges, and rank up the commendations that I know I would otherwise never get. Thousands of multikills? Yeah right - like I'll be playing through the campaign that much.

Thanks guys! :D I'm going to start playing in a few minutes.

If anybody wants to joing me to get these challenges done, then just send me an invite...

GT: LosDaddie

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Zerokku said:
I've found just randomly lobbing grenades in multi-team works really well. Particularly on a gametype like oddball where everyone is congregated in once place.
Yeah, Multi-Team or Rumble Pit are the best way to go. Still took me a couple of hours to get yesterday's, though — 40 is just too fucking many, and NO ONE wanted to play Oddball.

Gui_PT

Zerokku said:

Oddball or Crazy King are awesome for that. Problem is, getting those games is not so easy. Lots of people vote for Rocket Race now or Pro Slayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom