• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

KORPAH

Neo Member
xxjuicesxx said:
Ughh people in SWAT going n teams of 6. So two are on my team. They just go and get killed over and over huge - scores. This is a fun ass playlist except the last 3 games I have gotten the WORST team ever. I don't go negative yet they still mange to lose it hard.

Anyone good at SWAT in this place?

Yah.

Add me: a KORPAH

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Gui_PT said:
Oddball or Crazy King are awesome for that. Problem is, getting those games is not so easy. Lots of people vote for Rocket Race now or Pro Slayer.

Play late at night. All the gametypes everyone complains about seeing too much seem to be picked a lot less :lol

Out of 5 Multi-Team, I had 2 oddball games, 2 Elite slayer games, and a crazy king game

Sai-kun

Banned
Dani said:
I've spent over half a million credits.

Hearts Armour Effect - 300,000 cR
Black Visor - 100,000 cR
Sgt Johnson FF Voice - 100.000 cR

Plus some other armour trinkets. Now, where's the Gungnir Bungie and how much will I have to pony up? :D

THIS IS THE ONLY THING THAT I WANT. I've literally spent less than 90k on stuff and I'm saving for whenever I can buy it.

GhaleonEB

Alienshogun said:
CTF are typically the best games in Halo IMO.
Agree, though I'm quite fond of Stockpile this time around. All my favorite maps in the series stem from the stellar CTF games I've had on them. (Headlong, Terminal, Relic, Valhalla...)

oatmeal

Banned
What is the score breakdwon for the arena rankings? I can't seem to find it...

What score do I need to hit for each tier?

zumphry

Banned
Sai-kun said:
THIS IS THE ONLY THING THAT I WANT. I've literally spent less than 90k on stuff and I'm saving for whenever I can buy it.

I'm gonna be happy when everyone's all "I AM A ROBOT BEEP BOP" and me and a few other people are rolling around kicking ass* with either Security or the Mark IV/V/VI.

emot-smug.gif

*in my case it's my ass being kicked, but at least I'm not a robot!

MrBig

Sai-kun said:
You'll be waiting a couple months. Unlocks at brigadier.

Gui_PT

Zerokku said:
Play late at night. All the gametypes everyone complains about seeing too much seem to be picked a lot less :lol

Out of 5 Multi-Team, I had 2 oddball games, 2 Elite slayer games, and a crazy king game

Will try that. Thanks.

Pilot Helmet looks pretty cool too!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I'm not a fan of EVA, Pilot, Gungnir or Security... I just don't like those over-sized visors. Mk. VI would probably be the last helmet I get (unless there's more that are revealed later).

GhaleonEB said:
Agree, though I'm quite fond of Stockpile this time around. All my favorite maps in the series stem from the stellar CTF games I've had on them. (Headlong, Terminal, Relic, Valhalla...)
Stockpile frustrates me. I always take "the other team is gonna camp outside our base to stealz our flag" personally. :(

Willeth

Haha holy shit. A friend just survived me sticking them with a plasma launcher by it hitting their knife hand as they were assassinating me. He catched the plasma, shoves it into my damn back, and walks away nonchalantly after I explode. Fucking insane.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Gui_PT said:
What? And the EVA doesn't look like a baldie? :lol

And I don't think you can see the pilot helmet at Lt. Colonel.

Yes you can, it's at the bottom.

EVA doesn't look as bad because there is no top. Pilot looks like a spartan going bald, because of the strip at the middle front that's missing.

Willeth said:
Haha holy shit. A friend just survived me sticking them with a plasma launcher by it hitting their knife hand as they were assassinating me. He catched the plasma, shoves it into my damn back, and walks away nonchalantly after I explode. Fucking insane.
We need a clip!

Gui_PT

Alienshogun said:
Yes you can, it's at the bottom.

EVA doesn't look as bad because there is no top. Pilot looks like a spartan going bald, because of the strip at the middle front that's missing.

You can? My bad.

You can buy an upgrade for the Pilot helmet that goes on top. No more baldie. Eva's always a baldie.

Need sum Rogaine!

So, when do you guys think they'll raise the level cap?

Being Grade 3 isn't as rewarding as it sounds when you have no levels to gain for a while. :(

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
-Yeti said:
So, when do you guys think they'll raise the level cap?

Being Grade 3 isn't as rewarding as it sounds when you have no levels to gain for a while. :(
The weekly update said possibly 1-2 months. I just got to Captain last night, but considering how (relatively) fast I got through Warrant Officer, there's no way I won't reach the cap before it's lifted.

vatstep said:
The weekly update said possibly 1-2 months. I just got to Captain last night, but considering how (relatively) fast I got through Warrant Officer, there's no way I won't reach the cap before it's lifted.

Where does it say that in the BWU? Didn't notice it.

But 1-2 months makes me sad. I understand it's for the other 99% of the non Lt. Colonels to have a chance to reach the cap, but it still really sucks.

On the bright side: When it does raise, I can't wait to see my rank shoot up. I'm thinking I'll shoot up to at least a Commander Grade 3. :D

kaskade

I played my first round of free for all since I bought the game. I went +20 in the game winning it. I think I might be a lone wolf type of guy, either that or I got lucky.

MrBig

kaskade said:
I played my first round of free for all since I bought the game. I went +20 in the game winning it. I think I might be a lone wolf type of guy, either that or I got lucky.
You need to play a few games in a playlists before it gives you a true skill rank.

GhaleonEB

Grimm Fandango said:
Are Grunts supposed to be able to jump really really high? Had a FireFight match last night where a Grunt jumped on top of a crate then catapulted like 50 feet into the air. Killed that little bastard as soon as he landed though.

Saved a clip of it for those interested (sorry, not rendered).
I haven't seen this one yet - still rendering - but I had a moment like that a few days ago. I tagged a Grunt on the leg right as he was jumping to climb up on a crate, and he launched so high into the air he was a speck - several hundred feet. I meant to clip it out and forgot all about it, but it was amazing. (I picked him off as he came back down.)

Magni

Trickster said:
I'm not saying to have a playlist for every possible gametype. What I am saying is, that it would be nice to be able to play some FFA with a slayer variant, if that is what I want to do.

Forcing me to play FFA objective or worse, when all I want to do is play some FFA slayer, makes no sense to me.

Or should that kind of privilege only be bestowed on those that choose to play "core halo"?

Reread my post, I said an FFA Arena was missing. FFA Arena = 100% Slayer (Pro :p)

Gui_PT

Just finished an invasion match. Everyone on their team but 2 guys quit.

For one whole round, my entire team spawn camped on those guys. Earned me a Broseidon :lol

fernoca

Finished the game on Legenday, solo. The last chapters were relatively easier compared to the middle onea. Oh! and fuck you Elites on Legendary. Might as well given them infinite shields. :lol

And love Armor Lock so much!
Yeah, some people spam the hell out of it. But like yeterday Big Team of Elites on Paradiso, the other team was all around flying on Ghosts so it was quite nice seeing them trying to splatter me; only to explode when they hit me. :lol

Also got to play a 4vs4 match of Slayer DMR; only that the other 3 players on my team were 1 guy and 2 controllers; just there doing nothing. :lol

xxjuicesxx said:
My take is those guys are all assholes the number of times I've been betrayed in FF is out of control. People rocketing me or sniping me right as the match begins? Damn right you're getting booted you just ruined my perfection!

You see me beating a guy down but you decide to rocket him before I can get the kill and I die? Fuck you you're absolutely getting booted.

THINK before you do shit. Its like these people are fuckin braindead.

I have no problem with booting people who clearly did it on purpose, like your example at the start of the match. However, there are numerous times where assholes like you boot people cause they are running in there like rambo in a freaking rockets match. All I'm saying is instead of just instantly deciding to boot someone why don't you THINK before you do it. THINK if the guy was doing it on purpose or if it was just the case it was some accidental misfire and get over it. Stop being such a little baby and worrying about your silly perfection and have some funny. Would it kill you to not boot someone after one freaking accidental betrayal in a rockets match?

Gui_PT

sableholic said:
Would it kill you to not boot someone after one freaking accidental betrayal in a rockets match?

It gets really annoying when it happens like once every game. His problem is when the betrayal happens due to stupidity, which I agree with.

Happens once? That's fine. But when it happens over and over and over, knowing it happened because the other person didn't care you were there or didn't even stop to think it might kill you, is annoying and a well deserved boot.

Trickster

cuevas said:
Most people would rather play 4v4

So the people that don't want to play 4v4 games should just continue to get a worse gameplay experience because of the fact that gametypes they find fun, aren't as popular as 4v4 gametypes?

Gui_PT said:
It gets really annoying when it happens like once every game. His problem is when the betrayal happens due to stupidity, which I agree with.

Happens once? That's fine. But when it happens over and over and over, knowing it happened because the other person didn't care you were there or didn't even stop to think it might kill you, is annoying and a well deserved boot.

Exactly if the random I'm with killed me because he wanted the points that elite was worth over me surviving fuck him. Especially if it happens more than once. Mind you I tend to stay in parties with my randoms if we did good and I've already made several friends in Firefight, if they betray me I'll let it go. I've been betrayed on purpose several times though and its super annoying. I've had a guy stand behind me in rocket fight with that bubble thing waiting to throw it down when I'm about to fire...yea shit like that its just griefers being dicks who will move on to the next game in a week or two.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Exodus Solo Legendary done. Once you get the Jetpack you're able to skip large chunks of the level, I discovered.

The biggest time/sanity saver is at the very end. After you've activated both missile batteries, you get a checkpoint, and then have to run back into the main building and activate a switch. Shielded armored brutes, more ghosts, skirmishers, and lots of other shitty enemies are dropped into your path.

So... I just ran directly for the switch and jetpacked right into the room and activated it, before most of the enemies had even been dropped off :lol

There's a hammer brute guarding the switch inside the room itself, but if you activate it the level still ends, even though he is sprinting at you with his hammer out :lol

Without that cheese, I literally don't know how I would have gotten past that section legit. I tried it several times and made only minor progress.

Even skipping some bits It still took 72 minutes and 35 deaths. Brutal level. The hardest since Nightfall.

Edit: The game is not on Bungie.net yet. Hope the site is just lagging, because if my progress wasn't counted I'll be piiissssed. Level was super hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom