• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gui_PT said:
It's the 3rd time we've gotten that Exodus challenge already.

Nice challenges, I guess

That looks sweet. Weird question; do you think you could make the neogaf "ball" in there ?

As a separate thing, or on the tank? :lol

If you just mean make a 3d Neogaf logo in Max, yeah probably. But..why?

Sean

Banned
theultimo said:
So the couldn't think of a weekly challenge, so they just made one from an achievement? :\

It's a shame because the challenges system is a great way to add variety to the game and have people try fun new stuff. Yet Bungie comes up with the laziest most uncreative challenges (kill XX enemies) and then repeats them over and over again every day. I stopped doing most of these challenges cause I'm bored of doing the same crap all the time.

The weekly challenges are especially bad. Not only are they repeating one of their achievements this week like you said, but I can guarantee there'll be an easy/quick daily challenge worth double the cR of this weekly challenge.

Gui_PT

Ajemsuhgao said:
As a separate thing, or on the tank? :lol

If you just mean make a 3d Neogaf logo in Max, yeah probably. But..why?

A separate thing, yeah :lol

Just asked because I've been working on something but with very limited knowledge of 3dsmax or maya(i just learned the basics on my own. I can make really pretty cubes though =P), I don't think I get it done

MrDaravon

Man, what the fuck is Bungie doing with the Challenges. With a few exceptions they've continued to disappoint, and since they rotate on a daily basis, I don't see how they can be ignoring the negative feedback they've been getting on these. Fucking baffling.

SailorDaravon said:
Man, what the fuck is Bungie doing with the Challenges. With a few exceptions they've continued to disappoint, and since they rotate on a daily basis, I don't see how they can be ignoring the negative feedback they've been getting on these. Fucking baffling.
Chill out. If you don't like 'em, don't do 'em. Play the game to have fun.

What. the. fuck.

Downloaded someone's saved film and my own campaign save somehow got deleted. My emblem and Noble Six armour also got reset to default. Still have my skulls and stats, but now campaign is showing up as incomplete. Grrrrr.

Gui_PT said:
A separate thing, yeah :lol

Just asked because I've been working on something but with very limited knowledge of 3dsmax or maya(i just learned the basics on my own. I can make really pretty cubes though =P), I don't think I get it done

F5TcU.png

Wizman23

Banned
One would think that the Weekly Challenge each week would actually be a CHALLENGE. Bungie should make a few weekly challenges each week instead of just one. A lame one (like the one this week for noobs that don't know how to play Halo), a grind one (like the one for last week), and an extremely hard one like the vidmaster challenges from Halo 3 and ODST.

Jesus, can we please create some challenges for you guys? I know most of your creativity has taken a backside since you've just been incorporating other games ideas (bloom, sprint, other perks, shitty arena rating systems) but seriously if you can't manage to even create some challenges let us please do it for you...

Mr. Sam

Bungie, why not scrap everything and just make a new Halo right now? That way you can give us new maps and challenges, get rid of armour lock, reticule bloom, the revenant etc.

I'll give you to the end of the day.

Mik2121

Yeah... I gave up on the challenges way faster than I thought. The first two weeks I did most of the challenges, but after that it felt like I could easily get more cR by just playing normal multiplayer rather than whatever mode I needed to play to get those challenges done. The variety didn't help at all, either.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Self Induced said:
Weekly Vidmaster challenges would be freaking amazing.

And after a few weeks, HaloGAF would be bitching about the lack of variety and how they can better earn Credits doing something else. :lol

TommyT

First time to post in a couple of days... been pretty crazy. Anyways, everything was going good until that damn firefight lag started coming in. I was planning on doing the weekly over the weekend but wasn't happening when my actions were ~3 sec after I input them.

Do we have a list of GAFers that are playing in the FLAG tourny? I showed it to the GF and she signed us up for 2s...

... :lol

Got a comfortable first place finish in the Arena for the first time in what seems like an age. And the guy on my team who is rated Onyx (and Gold last season) came fourth. And the other team had two guys who were Gold in Season 1. Huh?

TommyT

Shake Appeal said:
Got a comfortable first place finish in the Arena for the first time in what seems like an age. And the guy on my team who is rated Onyx (and Gold last season) came fourth. And the other team had two guys who were Gold in Season 1. Huh?

Sometimes...
sh
it happens. :D

I'm the same way though at times. I am pretty consistent but I can hit the extremes for a few games and either makes me wonder why I don't play like this all the time or why I still play the game. :lol

Theres nothing more satisfying than taking 2 racist trash talkers, packing them into the gunner seats of my falcon, and dropping them off the map. :lol

zam said:
Behind the main shed/building in the Holdout area where the sniper is. Melee the back wall made of corrugated metal on that building and an ammo box with DMRs and other stuff pops out.

Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MqPM7ynqFo

Really saved my ass cause I came into that area with a nerfle, used the sniper until it ran out of ammo, then the nerfle until it ran out, picked up the DMR with 30 shots on the ground by a fallen marine, and then the pistol from the ammo box inside the building and I still had like 2 waves of brutes to fight and trying to do it with an AR is pretty much impossible

Thanks a bunch! Thats hilarious, ammo packs literally fall out of the wall.

wwm0nkey

bobs99 ... said:
Theres nothing more satisfying than taking 2 racist trash talkers, packing them into the gunner seats of my falcon, and dropping them off the map. :lol
I love pissing off trash takers, its even better when you have 6 friends on your team and its only 2 people :D

krakov

Neuromancer said:
Awesome challenges today, looks like I'll be making Major. Which modes in Firefight gives you a loadout with the shotgun, anyone know?

The regular ones come with a shottie loadout.

TommyT said:
I'm the same way though at times. I am pretty consistent but I can hit the extremes for a few games and either makes me wonder why I don't play like this all the time or why I still play the game. :lol
The one thing I have never been in a Halo game is consistent. I am the streakiest player who ever lived, and things like reticle bloom and increased player vulnerability seem to make the swings even bigger in Reach. But today, I'll take it.

TommyT

I was playing some doubles and my teammate quit and I was hiding because we had the lead (later I went and just finished the game because these guys were bad and armor lock + sticky grenades are awesome vs close range) on Powerhouse. So I'm sitting in the corner up the stairs across from the health pack in the dormitory when I hear talking. I thought it was someone from the other team being funny with some radio voice on their mic, but there's actually a radio there! I listened for awhile and there is all kinds of stuff going on there, has anyone ever listened to it or do we know what those guys are talking about (and maybe it's importance?! :O )

TommyT said:
I was playing some doubles and my teammate quit and I was hiding because we had the lead (later I went and just finished the game because these guys were bad and armor lock + sticky grenades are awesome vs close range) on Powerhouse. So I'm sitting in the corner up the stairs across from the health pack when I hear talking. I thought it was someone from the other team being funny with some radio voice on their mic, but there's actually a radio there! I listened for awhile and there is all kinds of stuff going on there, has anyone ever listened to it or do we know what those guys are talking about (and maybe it's importance?! :O )

Yeah those radio's are awesome, they discuss what other battles are going on, including stuff like what Red team are doing. Theres also a radio where 2 marines discuss zombie survival plans :lol

Theres a transcript here if your interested:

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1021743

equil

Mik2121 said:
Yeah... I gave up on the challenges way faster than I thought. The first two weeks I did most of the challenges, but after that it felt like I could easily get more cR by just playing normal multiplayer rather than whatever mode I needed to play to get those challenges done. The variety didn't help at all, either.

I think of challenges as something you should just randomly get while playing normal multiplayer. Except for the super specific ones.
(It would just be like "oh look i completed a challenge. Awesome!")

That's it - BTB slayer on Spire is ruined thanks to the Banshee and Falcon. Doesn't matter how good a team you are - the side who starts near the vehicles are going to piss on your parade, Modern Warfare 2 style. Fix this shit Bungie.

wwm0nkey

I NEED SCISSORS said:
That's it - BTB slayer on Spire is ruined thanks to the Banshee and Falcon. Doesn't matter how good a team you are - the side who starts near the vehicles are going to piss on your parade, Modern Warfare 2 style. Fix this shit Bungie.
You know ALL vehicles in this game get destroyed by a DMR correct? Vehicles get destroyed by damage to them not the player, so if your entire team focuses fire on a falcon or banshee it will go down in no time.

Red

Mr. Sam said:
Bungie, why not scrap everything and just make a new Halo right now? That way you can give us new maps and challenges, get rid of armour lock, reticule bloom, the revenant etc.

I'll give you to the end of the day.
I can help you! Here, I've arranged 10 simple steps to get you back in the game in no time:

1.) Hit eject button
2.) Remove Halo Reach disc
3.) Insert Halo Reach disc in Halo Reach case
4.) Place Halo Reach case on shelf
5.) Remove Halo 3 case from shelf
6.) Remove Halo 3 disc from Halo 3 case
7.) Place Halo 3 disc in X Box 360 disc tray
8.) Hit eject button to close disc tray
9.) Wait for X Box 360 to read disc
10.) Play Halo 3

Have a nice day!

wwm0nkey said:
You know ALL vehicles in this game get destroyed by a DMR correct? Vehicles get destroyed by damage to them not the player, so if your entire team focuses fire on a falcon or banshee it will go down in no time.

Except it takes a lot longer for us to kill it than for it to kill us. And when your team is scattered about the place, having the 'entire team focus fire' is easier said than done. And that's disregarding the four other enemy players on the ground tearing us up while we focus our attention on the aerial vehicles. It's fucking retarded - we need more weapons to take them out in a couple of shots. Bring back rocket lock-ons or something. It really does feel like being bombarded in COD.

wwm0nkey said:
Not entirely accurate. Vehicle damage is partially linked to player health.
I NEED SCISSORS said:
Except it takes a lot longer for us to kill it than for it to kill us. And when your team is scattered about the place, having the 'entire team focus fire' is easier said than done. And that's disregarding the four other enemy players on the ground tearing us up while we focus our attention on the aerial vehicles. It's fucking retarded - we need more weapons to take them out in a couple of shots. Bring back rocket lock-ons or something. It really does feel like being bombarded in COD.
Rockets have the ability to lock on to aerial targets.

Yea Spire and Hemorrhage should have lasers in the bases and shit. You know so you can fuck vehicles up and get back to five shotting bad kids.

i dunno why theres so much laser hate. Probably because a lot of kids here need the vehicles to get kills.

TommyT

xxjuicesxx said:
Yea Spire and Hemorrhage should have lasers in the bases and shit. You know so you can fuck vehicles up and get back to five shotting bad kids.

i dunno why theres so much laser hate. Probably because a lot of kids here need the vehicles to get kills.

Maybe an equidistant laser on hemorrhage. Not one in every base. Everyone would just grab a laser and kill the tank and people would say the tank is useless now.

Why do you guys get upset about challenges? I have never changed the way I play to get a challenge done, if I get a couple at the end of the day its just a bonus.

cuevas said:
Why do you guys get upset about challenges? I have never changed the way I play to get a challenge done, if I get a couple at the end of the day its just a bonus.

I like em because they let me play the game differently. Like to rank up faster in MW2 I used to use every single gun, if they didn't exist I would have just used the FAMAS and the ACR the entire time. Halo's challenges let you use different tactics to get credits faster. Sure you don't need to use them and you can rank up just as fast sometimes, but challenges can make things interesting (they haven't really so far)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom