• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
brokenwatch said:
Is it a bug or a feature that your in game service profile only shows the active challenges you have completed? My daily challenges complete reset to zero every day, and weekly every week.

On bungie.net it shows the complete tally, not just the ones that are still active.

It's not very useful the way it is currently...
Luke says it's by design so you spot your friend is missing one and see if you can help.

Hugbot

Chorazin said:
Why? If you missed (or completed) yesterday's challenge then why do you need it in the challenge list?
He means the tally thing showing the total # completed, I think. I don't know why it doesn't show the full tally either, I could give a fuck how many my friends completed today. I want to see if I'm beating them overall.

Chorazin

Hugbot said:
He means the tally thing showing the total # completed, I think. I don't know why it doesn't show the full tally either, I could give a fuck how many my friends completed today. I want to see if I'm beating them overall.

Then you can check Bungie.net to see that and the rest of your in-depth stats. I don't care how many I beat overall, only what's on my plate for day. I like the way it is now. :D

Chorazin said:
Why? If you missed (or completed) yesterday's challenge then why do you need it in the challenge list?

I think you misunderstood. There is a number on your service record that shows how many challenges you have completed. It says "Daily challanges: X" and "Weekly Challenges: Y". But unlike the similar stat on bungie.net it resets every day/week. So "Weekly Challenges: " can only be 0 or 1.

On bungie.net it shows in a way that makes more sense, the history going back to when you started playing.

Daily Challenges 17
Weekly Challenges 2

Why would I want to know how many daily challenges someone has completed on one day? So I can see if they just started playing today? Sounds kind of useless...

Im not that much of a Halo fan, but got this game for the hype and I gotta say, it has one of the best single player heavy-action FPS campaigns I've played a long long time. Lot's of variety, smart enemies, room to be creative with approach, and great looking at times. My only gripe is that the story is messy and disjointed and really doesn't fill you in on anything if you're not a Halo regular.

Chorazin said:
Then you can check Bungie.net to see that and the rest of your in-depth stats. I don't care how many I beat overall, only what's on my plate for day. I like the way it is now. :D

Noted, but I think it would be more useful to have a history so you can compare with your friends/matchmade opponents as mentioned by Hugbot.

Hugbot

Chorazin said:
Well, yeah. But there's no way to do it in game, which is what he was saying. It's easy to check how many you have left for today by going into challenges, I think the number should reflect total for gloating purposes. Or at least show both (but have one in parentheses).

Sai-kun

Banned
brokenwatch said:
I think you misunderstood. There is a number on your service record that shows how many challenges you have completed. It says "Daily challanges: X" and "Weekly Challenges: Y". But unlike the similar stat on bungie.net it resets every day/week. So "Weekly Challenges: " can only be 0 or 1.

On bungie.net it shows in a way that makes more sense, the history going back to when you started playing.

Daily Challenges 17
Weekly Challenges 2

Why would I want to know how many daily challenges someone has completed on one day? So I can see if they just started playing today? Sounds kind of useless...

So that you can party up and do them together.

Devin Olsen said:
Well looks like modders have found out what the next rank is.

Not really news, you can see stuff with a requirement of 2 ranks higher in the armory. At Major you can see a few Colonel items. At Lt Colonel you can see Commander items.

Chorazin

brokenwatch said:

Daily Challenges 17
Weekly Challenges 2

Ahhhhh, I get ya. I thought you were talking abou the actual list. I was confused as to why anyone would need that. :lol

Mainly it's so you can hook up with your friends to complete challenges, IIRC.

Chorazin said:
Ahhhhh, I get ya. I thought you were talking abou the actual list. I was confused as to why anyone would need that. :lol

Mainly it's so you can hook up with your friends to complete challenges, IIRC.

Maybe a compromise would be to show both as today#/total#. But I guess if it's working as they intended and not a bug it's unlikely to be changed.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
63mb329.gif

I am very disappointed that I spent so many credits on the Chiefs voice and he doesn't even say this.

Trasher

Hugbot said:
Well, yeah. But there's no way to do it in game, which is what he was saying. It's easy to check how many you have left for today by going into challenges, I think the number should reflect total for gloating purposes. Or at least show both (but have one in parentheses).
Just go online and look at the total then.

Photolysis said:
Not really news, you can see stuff with a requirement of 2 ranks higher in the armory. At Major you can see a few Colonel items. At Lt Colonel you can see Commander items.
I corrected myself later, the graphic is at least new.

Trasher said:

It's nice to be able to look at before each game. I usually quickly browse through the opposing team's service record to see how experienced they are. That would not really be practical to do on my computer.

Oozer3993

metareferential said:
Tried the falcon glitch in Winter Contingency but couldn't get it to work; the thing just wouldn't come down when hit with the plasma pistol.

Any hint on how to properly do it?

Make sure not to trigger the checkpoint with Jun mentioning heat signatures in the building next to that spot. Just hug the hill the Falcon is above. Triggering that dialog can screw it up. Also, if you don't get out of the Falcon before the checkpoint for successfully defending the Evac zone is triggered, you can't get out of it.

Ramirez said:
I think the range of the DMR/NR kind of ruin Blood Gulch, you can practically hit people from any where on the map, and the map isn't exactly overflowing with cover. Also doesn't help that vehicles are complete crap if someone is sniping them. I sniped like 3 Warthogs in that custom game we played last week, just random hits on it anywhere...Double Kill...Double Kill...Triple Kill...:lol

Valhalla wasn't any better, whoever controlled the laser/hill won in dominating fashion 99% of the time.

I was going through the cave at one point in that game and hear some one go "woah" and then see

TJ Ram killed ...
TJ Ram killed ...
TJ Ram killed ...

:lol

Buckethead said:
Don't know how but I made it out of New Alexandria on Legendary with my chopper shot to hell.

Any tips on tank preservation for The Package?
I shall tackle these last two missions by week's end.

If the tank gets blown up, just revert to last save. I know that's kinda cheesing it, but it worked for me lol

Trasher

cwmartin said:
You don't understand. He wants EVERYONE ELSE to see how many challenges hes completed. Duh!
Check them online if it's that important to you.

If you want to see how experienced a player is don't go by their challenge total...go by their total games played in Reach and Halo 3 (both of which you can check in-game).

Cuban Legend said:
Well if it shows up different on your end I don't think that's a definitive way for you to show us it's different from your current armor setup.

The only other way that comes to mind for you to correctly be able to show us something weird is going on is if the Armor changes to a permutation that would still be locked for your rank, which would prove something is up for sure.

Is it a co-op or solo run through campaign that this is occurring in?
The helmet shown in that picture is one that isn't even available yet
looks like Carter's

I played Winter Contingency last night for one of the challenges, and decided to go a different route than what I did previously. I'm absolutely in love with how the game changes the encounter depending on where you go; that's just full of win and will make this campaign insanely replayable for me.

Hugbot

Trasher said:
Christ, I get that. I was just pointing out that there's an obvious reason to want the total in-game and it makes more sense (to me) than just the daily total.

You don't understand. He wants EVERYONE ELSE to see how many challenges hes completed. Duh!
More like berate my friends for being slightly behind me or not say a word if they're slightly ahead.

Speaking of firefight voices is there somewhere showing off some of the lines they say? I'd kind of like to figure out which I want to buy but if it's a voice I like with lame lines or poor delivery I'd take a pass.

Kapura

Banned
Seeing today's dailies, I am again confused as to why they are worth what they are worth. 1200 for any 7 sprees in a Firefight game, but 600 for 40 CQB kills in Matchmaking? lolwut

KevinRo

Hugbot said:
Speaking of firefight voices is there somewhere showing off some of the lines they say? I'd kind of like to figure out which I want to buy but if it's a voice I like with lame lines or poor delivery I'd take a pass.

You can preview them by pressing x in the menu-blade where you actually buy the voices.

Sai-kun

Banned
Hugbot said:
Christ, I get that. I was just pointing out that there's an obvious reason to want the total in-game and it makes more sense (to me) than just the daily total.

I dunno about that. In a year we'll have been able to do more than 700 challenges.

I don't think you'll be able to assume that just because someone only has like 350 of those that they're bad or new or something. It'll just be a ridiculous number by their name. Imagine in 3 years when we have more than 2000 challenges

"hahahaha dude you only have 1700 challenges completed! what a noob!"

I can't believe there are so many Halo games and STILL all the male Spartans have the exact same voice. Even if we spend credits to unlock other voices, they only apply in Firefight so what's the point?

Trasher

Oozer3993 said:
Make sure not to trigger the checkpoint with Jun mentioning heat signatures in the building next to that spot. Just hug the hill the Falcon is above. Triggering that dialog can screw it up. Also, if you don't get out of the Falcon before the checkpoint for successfully defending the Evac zone is triggered, you can't get out of it.

I was going through the cave at one point in that game and hear some one go "woah" and then see

TJ Ram killed ...
TJ Ram killed ...
TJ Ram killed ...

:lol

If the tank gets blown up, just revert to last save. I know that's kinda cheesing it, but it worked for me lol
Speaking of Ram killing dudes, here's an Overkill video he wanted me to render. http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=2657700&player=TJ Trasher

Hugbot said:
Just going by the last level of the campaign I'll never ever ever get Emile's voice. The actor definitely had some of the worst line deliveries of the group, with Jun coming in at a close second. The IWHBYD skull hasn't really been that rewarding this time around. Maybe it's because of the more somber tone of the game, but I was expecting more funny stuff.

Trasher said:
Cortana doesn't sound like Cortana at all. :lol
Buck is awesome especially when you look like an odst :lol :D

"Changing mags, if anyone has a spare I wouldn't say no."

"Nice catch! in your FACE!"

TommyT

BladedExpert said:
Speaking of rendered films: Anyone else having trouble watching them on Bungie.net in Firefox? Used to work but it seems borked for me right now. The video will load but I have no way of starting it. I'll mouse over the big play button and click and nada :(

Working fine for me.

Hmm I think this 7 spree thing is going to be a challenge, maybe in rocketfight it's easier.

Anyone have any suggestions for an average player like my own good self?

Walshicus

Did a three player co-op game yesterday for the first level:
Legendary
Iron
Famine
Thunderstorm
Mythic
GBP
IWHBYD

Fuuuucck was it tough. We got so lucky with the first set of Elites not spawning after our fifth attempt at that section. Lost count of how many times we had to do the last room, as well. Kill Grunts, distract Swordy while someone assassinates him, do... something to kill the two Grenade launcher Elites.

So satisfying to get it done!

Here's a video of Master Chief's Firefight voice.

I like his response to getting stuck by a plasma grenade: "This is bad." :lol

I refuse to use his voice until I get the Mark V helmet unlocked. It just wouldn't feel right otherwise. I haven't seen anyone wearing the Mark V; does anyone know the rank at which it becomes unlocked?

Trasher

Neuromancer said:
Hmm I think this 7 spree thing is going to be a challenge, maybe in rocketfight it's easier.

Do a Score Attack and do a Sniper game. You get three sprees in 15 kills alone with the sniper.

Hugbot

Neuromancer said:

Gruntpocalypse will get it done in a match or two.

Spaceman Spiff said:
Here's a video of Master Chief's Firefight voice.

I like his response to getting stuck by a plasma grenade: "This is bad." :lol

I refuse to use his voice until I get the Mark V helmet unlocked. It just wouldn't feel right otherwise. I haven't seen anyone wearing the Mark V; does anyone know the rank at which it becomes unlocked?
Lt Colonel I believe.

NH Apache

Banned
BladedExpert said:
Speaking of rendered films: Anyone else having trouble watching them on Bungie.net in Firefox? Used to work but it seems borked for me right now. The video will load but I have no way of starting it. I'll mouse over the big play button and click and nada :(

It never works for me in Linux :((((

Do you guys think we will get anything besides maps for DLC?

BTW this question was inspired by potentially getting Master Chief lolololol voice in firefight? I would kill for it.

Trasher

NameGenerated said:
You can do it in 1, but you have to purposefully die once.

7 Sprees?
Yup. You get 3 sprees right away (Sniper Spree, Sharpshooter, and Be the Bullet), and then you just stay alive until Rampage. Doesn't take long.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Trasher said:
Yup. You get 3 sprees right away (Sniper Spree, Sharpshooter, and Be the Bullet), and then you just stay alive until Rampage. Doesn't take long.
Oh, I didn't realize those counted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom