• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Yeah I can't play this game until the playlists have been updated or even then, until MLG gets their playlist out. At least they understand how map balance works.

The game literally, gives the other team your sniper.

The game literally, gives one team an advantage over the other on certain maps. It's stupid.

GhaleonEB said:
To add to both - I think the anti zone will have the same effect as a strong zone or a spawn set to a specific color in a two-team game. The only use I can think of is for multi-team (3+), when you want a spawn to be neutral but want one team NOT to spawn there. I can't think of any other use.

To the latter, I used the weak spawn zones as a set of "bail out" spawn areas on my map. I built the spawn zones in three tiers: around the base, a small distance from the base, and then a few locations (three, to be exact) weak zones a larger distance away from the base. The weak zone meant they would only be used if the spawns at and around the base were considered too dangerous to spawn players in according to the game engine. In reviewing the saved films from the play tests, they worked pretty well: when the base was getting mobbed, players spawned at the weak spawn zones so they didn't get caught in a spawn trap. Spreading them to three distinct areas meant they wouldn't be predictable and so players wouldn't - and didn't - get trapped.
Yeah, that sounds like the way to go. I remember that the H3 zones had a priority number, which did pretty much nothing. What you described sounds like how it was meant to play out.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
LAUGHTREY said:
Yeah I can't play this game until the playlists have been updated or even then, until MLG gets their playlist out. At least they understand how map balance works.

The game literally, gives one team an advantage over the other on certain maps. It's stupid.

I can't stand "Pro" variants where the sword is replaced with a plasma pistol but the other team still spawns right near the rocket launcher. I don't see the point of swapping out the power weapon near one team's starting location and leaving it in for the other team.

Striker

The MLG Sanctuary map has some more of the elements from the actual Halo 2 map than Asylum does, but I can't get over how boring it looks.

They can't adjust and move things around in the current area? The only thing I dislike primarily about Asylum is the tower above the Sniper Rifle spawn. Certainly needs blocked off or have Bungie place an soft-kill zone up there.

zumphry

Banned
1/7 down in Invasion with a bunch of randoms. Scored the core for the first time which was awesome after beating down a sword elite.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Striker said:
The MLG Sanctuary map has some more of the elements from the actual Halo 2 map than Asylum does, but I can't get over how boring it looks.

They can't adjust and move things around in the current area? The only thing I dislike primarily about Asylum is the tower above the Sniper Rifle spawn. Certainly needs blocked off or have Bungie place an soft-kill zone up there.

They probably figured that they'd take the randomness of bouncing grenades off rocks and grass and just make their own good version.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I must be the only one who thoroughly enjoys Asylum. Then again I don't play hardcore serious business competitive play like others might.

Fact: Multiteam on Asylum is loads of fun.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
LAUGHTREY said:

There is so much right with this post.

TommyT said:
with this lag in firefight matchmaking... it's so useless to play :/

Yeah, sometimes I'll get matched with one person that just fucks my game up completely :lol

But most of the time, it's fine.

I never go into Firefight with less than a 3 person party, though...

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
New Alexandria is the easiest Legendary mission by far, besides Winter Contingency. Run past Hunters. Run past ambush.

The hospital is the only true encounter in the whole level. And I managed to cheese that by finding the PERFECT distance away from the jumpers that allowed me to shoot them repeatedly with the DMR while they just stood there.

~38 minutes, 9 deaths.

Is there something up with Halo 3's player count thing in the game? Because it's been way higher the past few days than it's been in over a year.

feel

Did they fix If They Came to Hear Me Beg?

Just got it on my first try ever (after failing to land on top of the elite a bunch times, of course, but when I finally did, I got the achievement).

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I usually don't do this, but one of the guys in the game I just played was talking about how he was challenge boosting by unplugging an ethernet cable, I hate ratting people out, but he was being such a douche about it.

Frankie, Urk, etc. If you are here, the dude's name was Soul Reaper28.

Thanks

Now he is arguing about the fact that Bungie can't ban people and his credits won't be reset because "It can't happen to him."

Bungie, please ban this ass.

Kujo

Letters said:
Did they fix If They Came to Hear Me Beg?

Just got it on my first try ever (after failing to land on top of the elite a bunch times, of course, but when I finally did, I got the achievement).
I got it on my first successful try too, and that was just a day after launch

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Deadly Cyclone said:
Now he is arguing about the fact that Bungie can't ban people and his credits won't be reset because "It can't happen to him."

Anything is possible if you just believe!

Gotta admit, Armor lock is starting to get on my nerves. Not when its one player mind you, but when most or all of a team is using it, it just leads to consistent cock-blocking of all of your kill attempts.

When I first heard about armor abilities I thought they would be placed around the map as pickups, and I'm starting to think that may be the way to go. Give some base loadouts, with other abilities placed as power ups across the map. That way you'll still run into armor lock payers, and camo players etc., but not a full team of either.

I know that proper AL use requires skill and timing, but the end result is a pause in the game. And you either move on and let your almost-kill survive to see another day, or you linger about waiting, open to attack from their teammates. And say you manage to overcome their backup, its a kick in the balls to have THAT player now armor lock on you while the original guy gets up and takes you down.

Maybe I just have to adapt and overcome but damn is it annoying and deviously effective in all the wrong ways.

Kujo

I hate friendly fire, if I get the sniper first let me fraking use it, don't follow me around the whole game taking my shields off. What is wrong with people

Mojo said:
I hate friendly fire, if I get the sniper first let me fraking use it, don't follow me around the whole game taking my shields off. What is wrong with people

The person who does this is ALWAYS the worst player in the game, or at least bottom 3. Without exception.

I once had a situation in Halo 3 where I had 4 kills from 4 sniper shots, douche on my team nades me, proceeds to waste the rest of the ammo without killing a SINGLE PERSON. He also ended the game with 0 assists. HTF is that even possible?

KevinRo

Cornballer said:
Has anyone other than Wu tried out the FPS Freeks? I was thinking of picking up a set since my aiming ability is pretty poor. Curious what other people think of them.I had the same problem yesterday, so I stopped playing Rumble Pit. Hope they sort it out with the next playlist update because I like FFA.

I've used one of the rubber stick covers since Halo3 and I've switched out my 360 sticks with my old controller s sticks to make them taller. More leverage less force to move, easier to aim etc.

I highly suggest stick pads, and it's a cool conversation piece.

Blueblur1

Consider my challenge spree broken. I gave up on the win 7 matches challenge today. 1400 cR isn't worth going to be an hour and a half past my usual bedtime. I'm done with trying to complete them all.

NullPointer said:
Gotta admit, Armor lock is starting to get on my nerves.

I'm just finding guys that pulse it next to you as you try to melee, then release to drop your shields if you're touching them (since you went in to melee), then melee you back for a one-hit kill since your shields are now down.

Still my least favorite of the armor abilities.

My friend started playing Reach for the first time the other day. I told him to go with Armor Lock and he loves it. He gets in trouble, goes into Armor Lock, and we save his ass. After about 5 matches he was never in the negative K/D.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Blueblur1 said:
Consider my challenge spree broken. I gave up on the win 7 matches challenge today. 1400 cR isn't worth going to be an hour and a half past my usual bedtime. I'm done with trying to complete them all.
I'm feeling the same way. My friend and I had the absolute worst Halo session ever today, we lost 8 in a row, 11 if you count multi-team games where you don't finish in 1st. I sucked in a few and he's not very good anyway but our teammates were almost always constantly terrible. I don't see how people can go an entire Slayer game without getting 1 kill.

timetokill said:
I'm just finding guys that pulse it next to you as you try to melee, then release to drop your shields if you're touching them (since you went in to melee), then melee you back for a one-hit kill since your shields are now down.

Agreed. But I'm hoping that changes with time.

But that brings up another issue I'm having. Do melee attacks also drop your shields? I could've sworn that I was at full health/shields when I smacked some guy and popped his shields, only to have him win the counterattack and shed me of my mortal coil from a single melee. Is this happening for anyone else? Is it by design or do I have to back to the film and see whats going on?

Why the fuck can Brutes use Armor Lock? It makes no sense whatsoever and just..
yLgYr.jpg
on Legendary sometimes.

Ajemsuhgao said:
Why the fuck can Brutes use Armor Lock? It makes no sense whatsoever and just..
yLgYr.jpg
on Legendary sometimes.
Brutes become laughable once you realize their allergy to needles. Three needles and your troubles just wash away (explosively).

Edit: That giant head reminds me of Zardoz.

NullPointer said:
Brutes become laughable once you realize their allergy to needles. Three needles and your troubles just wash away (explosively).

Except when they armor lock after getting hit with two needles.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Striker said:

I like asylum but yeah, the roof is pretty terrible. I decided to just abuse it the other day and went 17-3

you can just walk around up there and murder people with the DMR if they are anywhere near your base, if the other team took sprint/AL instead of jetpack they are basically fucked.

had some pretty good moments last night during my GARBAGE run where myself and another guy both had armor lock, he runs in and takes shields down on 2 guys then locks, I run in and clean them up, 3rd guy arrives I get his shield off then lock and he comes free and kills him.

I can see how the other team would not have enjoyed that, but it felt pretty rad doing it.

ElRenoRaven

Grimm Fandango said:
This happened a bit ago, thought it was hilarious. Click the picture for the original. As soon as she came out of it, she jumped and we all did the same and smacked her.

You know I've been in that situation many times. I usually come out taking 2 or 3 of them with them thanks to a well placed grenade at my feet before I die. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom