• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
zlatko said:
I play a lot of SWAT. It becomes obnoxiously apparent there.

Don't you think it's more likely your inability to deal with jumping players is to blame for your deaths rather than some hidden super cheat bug that magically increases your opponent's headshotting abilities when they jump?
:lol

Raiden

Banned
zlatko said:
I play a lot of SWAT. It becomes obnoxiously apparent there.

Maybe you think aa goes up because when you jump up and look down upon an enemy it is easier to hit his head then something else?

lololol

Dani said:
Don't you think it's more likely your inability to deal with jumping players is to blame for your deaths rather than some hidden super cheat bug that magically increases your opponent's headshotting abilities when they jump?
:lol

For all we know Bungie could have programmed that in, I dont think they would have though. If they have I want to switch back to bumper jumper ASAP. Ive been using Defualt for the Jetpack so far.

Shrug? :/

zlatko

Banned
I love Gaf. :lol "You said something negative about Reach? GRRR YOU SUCK AT IT DIE IN A FIRE!" :lol :lol :lol

Make a custom game if you want to test the auto aim comparisons when you jump and pull the trigger at different distances if you want to prove it to yourself. Yes I completely understand you SHOULD shoot someone in the head if you jump,aim down at their head, pull trigger. What I'm talking about is that hopping in general will increase this games auto aim. Maybe one of the Bungie guys on Gaf can comment on this to be the case or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q2wl6UvDu4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9vjl-5IRmE

These videos aren't exactly perfect to prove my point, because like I said you should test it out on your own to see what I mean. The sweet spot for where this becomes a regular thing is probably 10 feet range to 20 feet range on SWAT.

Experiment yourself with it in the game. In SWAT now I jump way more often and have to worry way less about aiming which is what is turning me off from the gametype entirely. It becomes less "aim" based and just who jumped first to pull the trigger?

Lothars

zlatko said:
Taking a look though just through the past few comments about the Alock issue it seems the people thinking it's fine are either A) Lockers themselves or B) Too unwilling to even fathom something could be wrong in their Halo game...or hell C) Just don't play the game enough to experience it first hand.

I think it's funny that you just assume that because there are users that think Armor Lock is fine than they are wrong or are not willing to think that it could be improved but maybe it's the fact that there is nothing wrong with armor lock and that it just changes the way the game is played.

Halo games are not perfect and never will be but Armor lock isn't one of the issues with the game.

Striker

StUnNeR H2K said:
was his name Striker?
5zp7ac.jpg

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
zlatko said:
I love Gaf. :lol "You said something negative about Reach? GRRR YOU SUCK AT IT DIE IN A FIRE!" :lol :lol :lol

Make a custom game if you want to test the auto aim comparisons when you jump and pull the trigger at different distances if you want to prove it to yourself. Yes I completely understand you SHOULD shoot someone in the head if you jump,aim down at their head, pull trigger. What I'm talking about is that hopping in general will increase this games auto aim. Maybe one of the Bungie guys on Gaf can comment on this to be the case or not.

These videos aren't exactly perfect to prove my point, because like I said you should test it out on your own to see what I mean. The sweet spot for where this becomes a regular thing is probably 10 feet range to 20 feet range on SWAT.

Experiment yourself with it in the game. In SWAT now I jump way more often and have to worry way less about aiming which is what is turning me off from the gametype entirely. It becomes less "aim" based and just who jumped first to pull the trigger?

If you Press B + Up when the Pokeball closes, it increases the chance of catching that Pokemon.

zlatko

Banned
Lothars said:
I think it's funny that you just assume that because there are users that think Armor Lock is fine than they are wrong or are not willing to think that it could be improved but maybe it's the fact that there is nothing wrong with armor lock and that it just changes the way the game is played.

Halo games are not perfect and never will be but Armor lock isn't one of the issues with the game.

Well honestly if Armor Lock doesn't get some sorta tweak down the line I'll move on from Reach, or at least a play list that is sprint only would be appreciated I guess.

You're entitled to your opinion, but armor lock just sucks the fun out of this game for me more often then not when multiple people from another team start using it. Plenty of other FPS' coming out in the near future that might steal me away from Reach, but I do like this game overall thus far. If it gets ironed out more and more like Gaf people say Bungie will do then I'll keep coming back to it, and if not then it was a great September/October.

@Dani You're hilarious....I wish I was as witty and insightful with my posts as you. You bring a lot to the conversation. Good job.

zlatko said:

@bolded: No shit sherlock.

Guys, I hacked the game to give me (over) 9000% auto-aim as I jump.

zlatko said:
@Dani You're hilarious....I wish I was as witty and insightful with my posts as you. You bring a lot to the conversation. Good job.
:lol Funny thing is, you are totally correct.

zlatko said:
Good thing I mentioned it then huh? By the way in your video if you freeze frame it you were not even on his head. The bullet line on the trigger pull is done above his head @7 seconds. Just sayin...
:lol Blame bloom so you twit! Seriously, those shots from all 3 videos would have done the exact same thing whether the player was on his feet or in the air. EazyB is screaming at his screen as he reads your idiotic comments about bloom under your naive guise that it is in fact Bungie adjusting auto-aim, that very thing that pulls your cursor on console shooters ever so slightly, enough to give jumping players the advantage.

zlatko said:
Since this game has been out I have complained about these things:
1) Armor Lock
2) Auto aim when you jump goes up 9000% to give you headshots.
3) Too many of the maps are just crap compared to other Halo games' release maps.
4) Host advantage can be nightmareish.
5) Spawns on maps was made by a first grader.
Huhthefuck

zlatko

Banned
Hydranockz said:
:lol Blame bloom so you twit!

I didn't blame it on anything. Thanks for name calling.

Think the "best" of the Halo Gaf community are commenting right now so I'll just step out of this thread for now. Don't really need internet drama and some "e thugs" getting their panties in a twist.

This thread is as bad as trying to comment on bad aspects of Gears of War 2 back at Gears 2 launch. :lol

zlatko said:

Think the "best" of the Halo Gaf community are commenting right now so I'll just step out of this thread for now. Don't really need internet drama and some "e thugs" getting their panties in a twist.

This thread is as bad as trying to comment on bad aspects of Gears of War 2 back at Gears 2 launch. :lol

pretty sure he was just kidding, but maybe you are. fuck internet sarcasm.

chess

As good as Reach is technically the more I play I'm really starting to get the halo is lost/broke vibe. I'm not even a captain yet.

The things that made halo are now gone. It's become a major camping and AA exploiting tactics. The days of outshooting your opponent or planning power-ups and power weapons strategy is gone. H3 equipment started the fracture and the Reach AA completely broke it. All the gimmicky things don't even bother me like the credits, bloom, commendations. Everything stolen from even worse game like MW.

The guns and netcode are very good. A "classic" playlist with traditional powerups, base player traits, and no load outs would be excellent! It could be like a CE lovers dream list mix of 4v4 CTF and Slayer. It would be amazing!

zlatko said:

I called you a twit and you are now bailing out cuz of the internet drama? Suit yourself.

You really don't have a grasp on what the problem is. I don't even play Reach that often because it annoys the fuck outta me but at least I can form an argument that doesn't use overzealous terms and numbers like increasing auto-aim by 9000%. Seriously dude, the amount of criticising Reach is getting in this thread from every side of the HaloGaf community is enough to say that it isn't all lovin' in here.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
zlatko said:

Name calling? Calling someone a twit is probably the least offensive thing to call anyone. How do you even take offensive at such a mild insult?

Secondly, there are no "e-thugs" in this thread so stop with the attempt to start the drama you are claiming you're trying to avoid.

Lastly, you are comparisons with making complaints with Gears 2 isn't factually correct. We're outside of Reach's launch window at this point and your main "complaints" about the game are either subjective or bogus.

Probably best you bail out before folks here actually take you seriously and point out how petty and trivial your "complaints" are.

So I got all the challenges just going for the 30 kills I have like 16 I'm like OK cool a game of Objective will fill that up if I just slay hard while winning. Guy on my team starts off sprints to sniper then decides to run to their side of the map with it and get demolished! I'm literally flabbergasted at this guys actions. So the rest of the round we get crapped on by two snipers, and a rocket guy. Luckily I manage to stop the flag right as they are about to cap it by grabbing the second sniper and nailing anyone that goes for it.

Guy fuckin does the same thing next round!! I'm like WTF.

Third round he does the same damn thing! I put in my mic and I'm like YO WTF STOP TAKING THE SNIPER YOU JUST KEEP LOSING IT. I BETRAY HIS ASS SO HARD. The game at that point becomes sentient, realizes that he is a fucking moron and doesn't let him boot me. Guy respawns proceeds to betray me back for what he thinks is his sniper even though hes just hot garbage, I boot his ass. I get an amazing angry message full of delicious salty tears.

Fuck you random idiot. THINK BEFORE YOU DO SHIT. No credits for you!

How have these people even managed to stay alive until they are old enough to play Halo being so goddamn stupid?!

/rant

Sorry continue on GAF. :lol

GhaleonEB

zlatko said:

Aye, neither of those videos showcase your point at all. Both look like a mix of skilled and lucky shots, and the first one is with the sniper rifle of all guns.

Two weeks ago in customs I snagged it on Hemorrhage. Now, I'm a bad sniper. I probably redefine the term "bad sniper". But I took aim at a rampaging Warthog and promptly sniped the gunner out from halfway across the map. It was my first time using it in multiplayer. The number of times I pulled that off in the series to date? Zero. Times tried? Dozens. That's a sniper rifle issue.

The other looked like a normal headshot. I'd like to see some more convincing demonstrations, as it's not something I've noticed. Until then I think you might be confusing the additional leverage you get by aiming down on someone's noggin with auto aim.
zlatko said:

The twit remark was a touch out of line, but you're being remarkably thin skinned. You made a statement some people disagreed with, nothing more than that. There's no shortage of criticism in the thread, just read the same page you're posting on, FFS.

Chorazin

chess said:
The guns and netcode are very good. A "classic" playlist with traditional powerups, base player traits, and no load outs would be excellent! It could be like a CE lovers dream list mix of 4v4 CTF and Slayer. It would be amazing!

What exactly are those?

TommyT

Dani said:
Name calling? Calling someone a twit is probably the least offensive thing to call anyone. How do you even take offensive at such a mild insult?

Secondly, there are no "e-thugs" in this thread so stop with the attempt to start the drama you are claiming you're trying to avoid.

Lastly, you are comparisons with making complaints with Gears 2 isn't factually correct. We're outside of Reach's launch window at this point and your main "complaints" about the game are either subjective or bogus.

Probably best you bail out before folks here actually take you seriously and point out how petty and trivial your "complaints" are.

HEY! Go post those rants somewhere else
on
TWIT
ter

Hydranockz said:
:lol Blame bloom so you twit! Seriously, those shots from all 3 videos would have done the exact same thing whether the player was on his feet or in the air. EazyB is screaming at his screen as he reads your idiotic comments about bloom under your naive guise that it is in fact Bungie adjusting auto-aim, that very thing that pulls your cursor on console shooters ever so slightly, enough to give jumping players the advantage.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Is EazyB ever coming back or was it a total ban? I would love to hear the dudes opinions on the full game.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Why do noobs use jetpacks :lol no matter who they are shooting everyone within a 100 miles with a DMR will take them out the sky

Sprint FOR THE WIN

zlatko said:
Arena Zealot is not a map where I opt to RUN at a team of armor lockers. You don't have to move very far from a spawn TO run into their whole team. Whenever I spawn anywhere on a map I do 1 of 2 things. A) Go to a power weapon spawn I know is about to pop/has a weapon B) Run to join up with team mates so we can hose people down.

I even typed earlier that more often than not I am the ONLY person going positive on my teams day in day out with a few which isn't the case. I always have my headset on and am ready to talk, but that is NOT the case with 90% of the Xbox Live community.

Your theories and shit only work in a perfect world where rainbows exist man. I'm talking about the game as it is. I am NOT playing on the regular with friends who I can formulate a cohesive strategy with. It's strangers without headsets/in other chat parties/not saying anything useful at fuggin all. I have a tragic and long history in Arena where my team suffers a rage quit/connection loss almost right away and we have to do 3vs4.

I really do NOT think it's a phase either. As the game has come out more and more people keep gravitating to using armor lock. I would wager if Bungie told us what the most used armor abilities were #1 would be sprint and #2 would be armor lock.

Since this game has been out I have complained about these things:
1) Armor Lock
2) Auto aim when you jump goes up 9000% to give you headshots.
3) Too many of the maps are just crap compared to other Halo games' release maps.
4) Host advantage can be nightmareish.
5) Spawns on maps was made by a first grader.

I think those are my 5 biggest UGH things about this game. If these things got ironed out the game would be near perfect for me. I know I'm not having the same experience as everyone else, but this is the crap I deal with when the disc is in my 360.

Taking a look though just through the past few comments about the Alock issue it seems the people thinking it's fine are either A) Lockers themselves or B) Too unwilling to even fathom something could be wrong in their Halo game...or hell C) Just don't play the game enough to experience it first hand.

Rainbows do exist in Halo, man. You've seen those vistas too I'm sure? :lol

But yeah, getting the better guys in AL isn't that hard..

xxjuicesxx said:
Third round he does the same damn thing! I put in my mic and I'm like YO WTF STOP TAKING THE SNIPER YOU JUST KEEP LOSING IT. I BETRAY HIS ASS SO HARD. The game at that point becomes sentient, realizes that he is a fucking moron and doesn't let him boot me. Guy respawns proceeds to betray me back for what he thinks is his sniper even though hes just hot garbage, I boot his ass. I get an amazing angry message full of delicious salty tears.
Wow :lol

Dax01 said:
EazyB got permabanned.

:(

Thats harsh, he was getting a bit out of order towards the end with the jokes. But I always enjoyed reading his opinions, which he always backed up with logical arguments. Which is pretty rare online.

I would love to know what he thinks of the full game, start a blog or something Eazy.

Gui_PT said:
Everyone got it. Just letting people know the loads are faster if you install the game.
Damn you Rock Band DLC, damn you all to heck! Need... space @_@

bobs99 ... said:
:(

Thats harsh, he was getting a bit out of order towards the end with the jokes. But I always enjoyed reading his opinions, which he always backed up with logical arguments. Which is pretty rare online.

I would love to know what he thinks of the full game, start a blog or something Eazy.

I can't remember what he did but it was OTT and some might even say out of character. He is actually FUD's main contributor in terms of quality content and general awesomeness
(I am joking Dani, don't cross the border for my sake :p)

Gui_PT said:
Everyone got it. Just letting people know the loads are faster if you install the game.
It's kind of weird though, they should have included the line "if you haven't already." I was really confused and started to doubt it I was running off the install or the disc for a moment there.

Hydranockz said:
Damn you Rock Band DLC, damn you all to heck! Need... space @_@
I know it's a kick in the dick in the balls but it's worth it:

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-250GB-Hard-Drive/dp/B003C1VPEY

darthbob

Gui_PT said:
He made a photoshop about shishka.

It was a really in bad taste photoshop of Chad's face super imposed over a statue of Saddam being toppled.

Neuromancer said:
It's kind of weird though, they should have included the line "if you haven't already." I was really confused and started to doubt it I was running off the install or the disc for a moment there.

I know it's a kick in the dick in the balls but it's worth it:

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-250GB-Hard-Drive/dp/B003C1VPEY

Better yet, make your own. It's stupid easy.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
chess said:
default run speed and jump height. No abilities, you know, halo.

You could have just said no armour abilities. Base player traits doesn't mean anything specific as it's a set of customisable options that have a wide range of effects.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
zlatko said:
Well honestly if Armor Lock doesn't get some sorta tweak down the line I'll move on from Reach, or at least a play list that is sprint only would be appreciated I guess.

You're entitled to your opinion, but armor lock just sucks the fun out of this game for me more often then not when multiple people from another team start using it. Plenty of other FPS' coming out in the near future that might steal me away from Reach, but I do like this game overall thus far. If it gets ironed out more and more like Gaf people say Bungie will do then I'll keep coming back to it, and if not then it was a great September/October.

Really?

I really don't get the complaining about armor lock. I use it just fine, and I can kill people that use it just fine, it isn't that hard to run up to them, they armor lock, back up, they come out, kill them.

You don't see people complaining about Invisibility, or invisible snipers.

I think all the AA's are balanced perfectly.

Chorazin

Dani said:
You could have just said no armour abilities. Base player traits doesn't mean anything specific as it's a set of customisable options that have a wide range of effects.

Yeah, I was just going to post something similar.

Basically, the guy wants the MLG gametype.

Deadly Cyclone said:
Really?

I really don't get the complaining about armor lock. I use it just fine, and I can kill people that use it just fine, it isn't that hard to run up to them, they armor lock, back up, they come out, kill them.

You don't see people complaining about Invisibility, or invisible snipers.

I think all the AA's are balanced perfectly in slayer pro.

Slayer pro for life.

Pete Rock

In regards to the conversation on AL yesterday in which it was concluded that my experience with this inconsistent AA behavior was due only to latency, may I present The Armor Lock Files: created by one of the many wonderful Workplacers using a guest on a local xbox :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom