• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

vhfive

Chorazin said:
Yeah, I was just going to post something similar.

Basically, the guy wants the MLG gametype.
He's not the only one. I didn't like MLG in Halo 3 but I have a feeling I'll be playing it a lot in Reach.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
The Bungie vs. HaloGAF Humpday goes down tonight! Three games of 8 on 8 Armor Lockin' Assault Rifle poppin' madness. Kick off is at 9pm PT sharp.

ORGANIZE OR DIE!

Gui_PT

urk said:
The Bungie vs. HaloGAF Humpday goes down tonight! Three games of 8 on 8 Armor Lockin' Assault Rifle poppin' madness. Kick off is at 9pm PT sharp.

ORGANIZE OR DIE!

I'm available if you guys need a guy. Which you won't :lol

urk said:

ORGANIZE OR DIE!

I get the feeling this thread is going to hell in a few seconds. Uh Oh.

GhaleonEB

urk said:

ORGANIZE OR DIE!
I think that's the cue for unbridled anarchy and forum butthurt. Yay!

I'm available if there aren't enough people. But I think maybe there will be. :lol
darthbob said:
Why not just let Ghaleon decide?
It's not up to me. Besides, I haven't played enough MP yet to be up to snuff.

urk said:

ORGANIZE OR DIE!
Oh shit it's on

(HaloGAF probably doesn't want me anywhere near this game, I'm terrible at multi)

chess

urk said:

ORGANIZE OR DIE!

Cool! good luck

urk said:

ORGANIZE OR DIE!

uh oh, this is asking for trouble! HaloGAF is about to explode. I wanna play!

but i nominate GhaleonEB for giving us such an awesome OT to complain about playlists and ALs.

Pete Rock said:
In regards to the conversation on AL yesterday in which it was concluded that my experience with this inconsistent AA behavior was due only to latency, may I present The Armor Lock Files: created by one of the many wonderful Workplacers using a guest on a local xbox :D
This is pretty useful stuff, thanks.

I'm guessing the two conclusions to draw are: #1 don't DMR guys coming out of AL if you can help it and #2 if someone goes into AL for a length of time, expect a window of invulnerability they wouldn't have otherwise.

Pete Rock said:
In regards to the conversation on AL yesterday in which it was concluded that my experience with this inconsistent AA behavior was due only to latency, may I present The Armor Lock Files: created by one of the many wonderful Workplacers using a guest on a local xbox :D

Good vid. It'll definitely make me be more careful about the way I deal with someone coming out of an armour lock.

NH Apache

Banned
Well, after the last meltdown, I'll be F5ing the thread all day.

So, we let the TJs play if we want to win, rite?

Also, good luck, GAF!

chess

Chorazin said:
Yeah, I was just going to post something similar.

Basically, the guy wants the MLG gametype.

Not necessarily. I think AA balance just fine. It's just not Halo gameplay. The whole way the game plays now is out of whack. Map design failure to work with the new AA add to it.

It's just an opinion. It's not a BAD game by any means. It's just lost what was fun about Halo to me is all.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
GhaleonEB said:
I think that's the cue for unbridled anarchy and forum butthurt. Yay!

We need anarchy and chaos! And it would be a damn shame if you didn't play, Ben. :D

ElRenoRaven

I swear to god some people should be banned from playing this game on just the grounds that they are fucking assholes.

Prime example this asshole.

I join a nice firefight in matchmaking so I can work on my kill elites challenge. We all get set and start to head out of the spawn room in Corevette and this asshole decides to kill the 3 of us who aren't team killing dicks right off the fucking bat before we could round the corner to the little hallway out of there. It was intentional too because he had to shoot all 3 of us separately.

So if you see this asshole be sure to avoid his ass.

GhaleonEB

Why don't we start with who is 100% certain to be available at that time. Then we can let those people argue or otherwise come up with a fair system to pluck eight out.
urk said:
We need anarchy and chaos! And it would be a damn shame if you didn't play, Ben. :D
I'm certainly willing, and eager to boot. But I also don't want to be responsible for GAF getting thrashed, as I'll be the steel ball lashed to their ankles. But then again, the rest could always use me as a foil. :lol

Do we need the same crew of eight all game, or can we rotate others in?

Hugbot

I'd love to play but I'm sure that there are 8 more active people who would be better for it. Still tossing my name in though.

Edit: 100% available, yo.

urk said:

ORGANIZE OR DIE!
Haha! I knew we were up next.

I'm down for that time and available to practice anytime this evening (we should). Go GAF!

GhaleonEB said:
This is pretty crucial.

NH Apache

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Why don't we start with who is 100% certain to be available at that time. Then we can let those people argue or otherwise come up with a fair system to pluck eight out.

+1

Thats 11pm my time, I'll be around. I would be happy to sit in reserves, ready if the old ball coach calls my numero.

If someone (like Tashi) could stream the match, this would be ideal.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
GhaleonEB said:

You should rotate. Make sure all of EuroGAF is on the same squad so only one of the games features crippling transatlantic latency! ;)

darthbob

GhaleonEB said:

I'm certainly willing, and eager to boot. But I also don't want to be responsible for GAF getting thrashed, as I'll be the steel ball lashed to their ankles. But then again, the rest could always use me as a foil. :lol

Not to toot my own horn, but I'll be available (Oregon resident, so PST) and got a 2.30 K/D in 'competitive'.

GhaleonEB said:

Well you're pretty much a lock for the first spot so why don't you be a captain and come up with some random way of picking the rest.

Also Devin Olsen has been generous to all of HaloGAF with cool shit he has given away to the community so he should definitely get a nod.

Also I would love to play :)

GhaleonEB

The candidate list so far:

GhaleonEB
Dax01
Hugbot
NH Apache
darthbob
cuevas
Letters

EuroGAF:

Shake Appeal

I need to actually work now, but someone please keep this rolling through the day, and we can argue plan in the afternoon.

urk said:
You should rotate. Make sure all of EuroGAF is on the same squad so only one of the games features crippling transatlantic latency! ;)
Well, if you guys play from your offices on your fat pipe, I would imagine you would pull host every time, and so anyone who ever plays against you on any given Humpday (who isn't based in Seattle) is going to suffer. ;)

feel

I will be available.

Put my name up as a possible substitute in case someone from the list doesn't show up today.

edit- wait, new list? Put me in that thing!!

GhaleonEB said:

GhaleonEB
Dax01
Hugbot
NH Apache
darthbob
cuevas
Letters

EuroGAF:

Shake Appeal

I need to actually work now, but someone please keep this rolling through the day, and we can argue plan in the afternoon.

You guys should have your full 8 "A" team ready to go and a backup team of alternates just in case. Good luck HaloGaf.

Just noticed I'm not a junior anymore, oh yeah.

GhaleonEB said:

GhaleonEB
Dax01
Hugbot
NH Apache
darthbob
cuevas
Letters

EuroGAF:

Shake Appeal

I got you. I'll be on this thread like there's no tomorrow.

GhaleonEB

Letters said:
I will be available.

Put my name up as a possible substitute in case someone from the list doesn't show up today.

edit- wait, new list? Put me in that thing!!
Yeah my proposal is this:

list everyone available

If list is > 24, randomize order in Excel list and pick the first 24 players

cluster selected overseas GAFers onto one team

then pick teams of eight

The teams should be a representation of HaloGAF, not some leet BS about who's played the most or whatever.

Pete Rock said:
This is the map that she ran the experiment on, if anyone's interested. Good map; it should be in GAF Custom rotation.

Edit: Good luck tonight, guys. I'd love to play, but I suck. Urk knows...

darthbob

When we do finalize teams, I think Ghal should either send out FRs, or just have us FR a specific silver account so we can keep track of peoples.

PsychoRaven said:
I swear to god some people should be banned from playing this game on just the grounds that they are fucking assholes.

Prime example this asshole.

I join a nice firefight in matchmaking so I can work on my kill elites challenge. We all get set and start to head out of the spawn room in Corevette and this asshole decides to kill the 3 of us who aren't team killing dicks right off the fucking bat before we could round the corner to the little hallway out of there. It was intentional too because he had to shoot all 3 of us separately.

So if you see this asshole be sure to avoid his ass.
Me and one other guy got teamkilled on Firefight yesterday within the first few minutes of play by this asshat, and not by accident either. I think it's because he knew we were going for the Not Dying For A Whole Round daily challenge and he was just griefing.

Count me in for EuroHaloGaf!

Darkshier said:
You guys should have your full 8 "A" team ready to go and a backup team of alternates just in case. Good luck HaloGaf.

Just noticed I'm not a junior anymore, oh yeah.
Its about the fun and not about winning, dude!

feel

GhaleonEB said:
Yeah my proposal is this:

list everyone available

If list is > 24, randomize order in Excel list and pick the first 24 players

cluster selected overseas GAFers onto one team

then pick teams of eight

The teams should be a representation of HaloGAF, not some leet BS about who's played the most or whatever.
Seems good. But will randoms who have almost never posted on Halo threads before be eligible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom