• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
GhaleonEB said:
Yeah my proposal is this:

list everyone available

If list is > 24, randomize order in Excel list and pick the first 24 players

cluster selected overseas GAFers onto one team

then pick teams of eight

The teams should be a representation of HaloGAF, not some leet BS about who's played the most or whatever.
You're the man here, so I say go for it. Put me on the list!

I'm available, but what time is "tonight"? Also, I'm fairly new around here, so I'm sure there'll be plenty of other people to play! (But if you need a EuroGAF guy, I'm so there)

NH Apache

Banned
Letters said:
Seems good. But will randoms who have almost never posted on Halo threads before be eligible?

Well, think about it this way:

The humpday isn't being advertised outside of the thread. The only people who are going to look and know will be gaffers who check the thread on a regular basis. Anyone who does that should be eligible IMO.

Sikamikanico said:
I'm available, but what time is "tonight"? Also, I'm fairly new around here, so I'm sure there'll be plenty of other people to play! (But if you need a EuroGAF guy, I'm so there)
9pm Pacific time.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
For what it's worth, I think the teams as Ram selected earlier are still good and using his setup now would be a good away of avoiding some potential issues that might crop up.

</2cents>

I will say that if you guys have a load of people who cant make it that I am free, but something tells me that most if not all regulars will more than make up the teams and the reserves. But hey, just in case.

Team North America
GhaleonEB
Dax01
Hugbot
NH Apache
darthbob
cuevas
Vhfive
Sai-Kun
Chess
Aesop

Europe:
Hypertrooper
Shake Appeal
Gui
Bladed Expert
Letters
Bobs99
Dani
Sik

Letters, you live in Europe, right? Demoncarnotaur, Neuromancer: not sure where you guys live.

Dani said:
For what it's worth, I think the teams as Ram selected earlier are still good and using his setup now would be a good away of avoiding some potential issues that might crop up.

</2cents>

It's important to note: I'm only listing people who will be available at the prescribed time. Just because you're on the list, doesn't mean you'll be chosen.

Sai-kun

Banned
Dani said:

</2cents>

oddo.jpg

Sikamikanico said:
4am? Hell, I'll get up earlier for work just to play. Sign me up!
4am? If I'm right, it is 5am(gmt) or 6am(gmt+1)

Btw. EuroHaloGAF: Maybe we should play the whole night untill the Humpday Challenge.

GhaleonEB

Letters said:
Seems good. But will randoms who have almost never posted on Halo threads before be eligible?

Dani said:

</2cents>
Both fair points. Let's argue about it in the afternoon.

I don't remember Ram's lists or his criteria, but I'm not a fan of filtering out people just because they're (relatively) new. Then we have to get into discussions about who's posted/played enough, what the cutoffs are, etc. My $0.02 is to make it simple: HaloGAF. That means guys who catch the news in the thread and are fee to play. By virtue of the slowed pace of the thread, we're already down to mostly the core players anyways - the riff raff left about a week ago. Just look at the list so far. :p

I just want the elitism about who's "qualified" to play to be kept out of the selection. But that's me.

Hypertrooper said:

Damn you online converters!! 5am would also be fine. If I'm willing to get out of bed to play at 4, I'll certainly be okay with 5. Either way, if you need a Euro play, I'd love to.

vhfive

NH Apache said:
Well, think about it this way:

The humpday isn't being advertised outside of the thread. The only people who are going to look and know will be gaffers who check the thread on a regular basis. Anyone who does that should be eligible IMO.
I say if you aren't recognized you don't get put on the list. Also I say no juniors either (sorry sic) they haven't earned their place yet. I know that may sound harsh but I think it's only fair that the people who are here frequently and have been here for at least a little while first chance.

Also I purpose that Tashi be at all 3 matches so he can stream the games to everyone else

Dax01 said:
EuroGAF List Update

Shake Appeal
Gui

Throw me in for EuroHaloGaf, im not sure I want to step on toes and take peoples places but if im on at that insane time and you need a player I would love to play.

What time would that be GMT?

GhaleonEB

vhfive said:
I say if you aren't recognized you don't get put on the list. Also I say no juniors either (sorry sic) they haven't earned their place yet. I know that may sound harsh but I think it's only fair that the people who are here frequently and have been here for at least a little while first chance.

Also I purpose that Tashi be at all 3 matches so he can stream the games to everyone else
If we get more than 24, that bold is a limitation I can get behind. It's a clean criteria set by the forum, so it's easy to enforce without argument/judgement.

Revised proposed selection:

List everyone available

If > 24, cut jr's.

Then randomize list

Cluster non-US GAFers

Form teams of 8

Hypertrooper said:

Btw. EuroHaloGAF: Maybe we should play the whole night untill the Humpday Challenge.

I'll be online later. Probably play some with a few buddies and then I should be free the rest of the night. I think I'm on Euro halogaf tag so look for me on there.

bobs99 ... said:
Throw me in for EuroHaloGaf, im not sure I want to step on toes and take peoples places but if im on at that insane time and you need a player I would love to play.

What time would that be GMT?
I'm not sure but i guess it would be 5am(GMT) and 6am(gmt+1)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GhaleonEB said:
Both fair points. Let's argue about it in the afternoon.

I don't remember Ram's lists or his criteria, but I'm not a fan of filtering out people just because they're (relatively) new. Then we have to get into discussions about who's posted/played enough, what the cutoffs are, etc. My $0.02 is to make it simple: HaloGAF. That means guys who catch the news in the thread and are fee to play. By virtue of the slowed pace of the thread, we're already down to mostly the core players anyways - the riff raff left about a week ago. Just look at the list so far. :p

I just want the elitism about who's "qualified" to play to be kept out of the selection. But that's me.

At the end of the day, I still maintain we get as many folks to play the chance to step up and have some fun. Hopefully we'll have enough to have full three games (or whatever) with new players each time.

vhfive said:

:'( - It's okay guys, I won't like kill myself or anything.

OR WILLI?!??!

SpudBud

I want to throw my hat into the ring. Though, I don't post that much anymore.

I agree with Dani that Ram's list is still valid but I understand the arguments against it.

Azar

vhfive said:

Those are the kinds of people I'd rather see in the match, but I hate it when HaloGAF bickers. It'd be awesome if everyone could be chosen without too many broken hearts and stomped egos.

Question for anyone who knows about Custom Gametypes: how do I change the weapon the Juggernaut spawns with? I want him to have a Magnum (I'm making a Reach version of my Halo 3 gametype Golden Gun), but despite setting it to Magnum in both Juggernaut Traits and New Juggernaut traits, he invariably spawns with a hammer. What gives?

Bonus WTF: 'Golden Gun' isn't allowed on Live.

Bonus bonus WTF: Okay, now there are two gametypes called Golden Gun, one of them with no description or other information, and neither of them can be deleted. This game is seriously buggy.

Triple bonus WTF special: Now there are two of every gametype. What. The. Fuck.

TommyT

Dax01 said:
Team North America
GhaleonEB
Dax01
Hugbot
NH Apache
darthbob
cuevas
Vhfive
Sai-Kun
Chess
Aesop

Europe:
Hypertrooper
Shake Appeal
Gui
Bladed Expert
Letters
Bobs99
Dani
Sik

Letters, you live in Europe, right? Demoncarnotaur, Neuromancer: not sure where you guys live.

It's important to note: I'm only listing people who will be available at the prescribed time. Just because you're on the list, doesn't mean you'll be chosen.

Count me in as well for team NA (if needed). I can bring the armor lock
you bring the help when i'm surrounded :(

krakov

For people fearing the kill 20 elites in firefight challenge, you can pretty much get it in one go at Crashsite. It's a bit random since the generator can be really hard or really easy to defend. I got the one inside at overlook and it was a breeze.

SpudBud said:
I agree with Dani that Ram's list is still valid but I understand the arguments against it.

I don't think its arguments at this point, I think with only 12 hours notice a lot of those teams players won't be able to make it (I would have liked to request off for this)

Anyways if you all have a good game or a good play hit me up with a fileshare request. I'll be capping all the games and clips when I get home tomorrow and I'll try and have them all uploaded by Friday in glorious HD.

NOKYARD

Count me out.

I'm already slated to be the 'anchor' of the High Speed Halo team.

You all know which version of the word 'anchor' i mean. The big heavy rusty covered in barnacles and prevents the ship from going anywhere 'anchor'.

cwmartin

I'm certainly available for North America HaloGAF, if alternates or no shows creep up, ill be on xbox live starting about a half an hour before 9:00 PM pacific.

Team North America/South America (wherever the fuck you are, Letters)
GhaleonEB
Dax01
Hugbot
NH Apache
darthbob
cuevas
Vhfive
Sai-Kun
Chess
Aesop
SpudBud
Letters
Neuromancer
TommyT (if needed)
KevinRo

Europe:
Hypertrooper
Shake Appeal
Gui
Bladed Expert
Bobs99
Dani
Sik

TommyT

Woah woah... take off that if needed! I meant if there's still spots to be filled!!1111eleven :lol

edit: I'd imagine Devin, Trasher, and Tashi would be all over this as well. Wonder if they can make the times.

feel

:lol

I should have stayed in the european list, the american one will be 348 contestants long by the time of the drawing.

Im gonna wake up at like 4:45, hope someone invites me in, and if so then maybe play in a dazed stupor. :lol

EDIT: Im gonna try and make it, but im in two minds, I dont quite wanna risk waking people up SO late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom