• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
For new page...

Team North America/South America (wherever the fuck you are, Letters)
GhaleonEB
Dax01
Hugbot
NH Apache
darthbob
cuevas
Vhfive
Sai-Kun
Chess
Aesop
SpudBud
Letters
Neuromancer
TommyT
Ramirez
KevinRo
laszlo (Lead cheerleader if necessary, has pom poms at the ready)
Psychoraven

Europe:
Hypertrooper
Shake Appeal
Gui
Bladed Expert
Bobs99
Dani
Sik
Arnie

ElRenoRaven

I'd always throw my Leet AR skills in if you guys would need to fill a spot. However I doubt you'll have trouble filling spots. lol

urk said:
You really don't need to segregate the teams by region. Jokes, man. Jokes.
Unless I'm bad a maths, dividing people up into regions and, if we're going that route, select people randomly within that region, will give each person a better chance of being selected.

Gui_PT

urk said:

It's actually better. If there's an Eurogaf team, they can play the 1st game since it'll be like 2 or 3 am.

Ramirez

I want to play, seems it's every man for himself, so screw those other guys I play with.

I still stand by my statement of snubbing people who have been posting in HaloGAF for 4+ years for people who just popped up for Reach is rather dumb for something like a humpday. /2cents

LosDaddie said:
PLEASE tell me the matches will be recorded....

Uploaded to youtube would be awesome too :D
This will definitely happen. Most definitely.

Also, I think we should have a cut-off time for sign ups. Let's say...5:00 PM EST? That sound good for everyone?

Gui_PT

Shake Appeal said:
It'll be 5am GMT, 6am GMT+1. It's actually better if EuroHaloGAF plays the third game.

Thought it was earlier, sorry about that. Still helps dividing teams into continents.

Wait, will there be a separate euroGAF day, because although I would love to play, 6am in the morning when I have college is a bit too hardcore for me.

vhfive

Dax01 said:
Unless I'm bad a maths, dividing people up into regions and, if we're going that route, select people randomly within that region, will give each person a better chance of being selected.
unless euro-gaf is exactly 1/3 of america-gaf then some people will have a better chance than others. just pool everyone togther then after the drawing lump all the eurogaffers together.

GhaleonEB

urk said:
True, though it might help the other two teams. :p

Of course, Reach's netcode is good enough that it won't matter all that much.
Dax01 said:
Yes, bad at maths. Order of operations:

pick players

Then cluster selected EuroGAFers

That way they have the same chance as being selected as everyone else.

Mind flagging the jr's?

Ramirez

I'm going to laff out loud when 16/24 people are people that have been posting in HaloGAF threads for about a month. :p

I know I'm going to ruffle feathers, but to me, this is something that should go to the long time posters. Who cares if you offend people?

Hey I just noticed I got a triple double medal on Bnet, never thought I'd manage that one.

Don't forget, Halo-Gaf also needs to pick a map to play on. I suggest we throw up a well tested Forge BTB map.

Edit: can't make this one, good luck guys!

Hugbot

Ramirez said:
I'm going to laff out loud when 16/24 people are people that have been posting in HaloGAF threads for about a month. :p

I know I'm going to ruffle feathers, but to me, this is something that should go to the long time posters. Who cares if you offend people?
Speaking as someone who hasn't been posting in HaloGAF long this is a fair point and if we want to go this way I won't be offended. I'd still love to play in it but it's understandable either way.

vhfive

Ramirez said:

+1

TommyT

electricpirate said:
Don't forget, Halo-Gaf also needs to pick a map to play on. I suggest we throw up a well tested Forge BTB map.

Awww... I'll respect your stealth edit. That was commendable though with 'just one more' ;)

aesop

Ramirez said:

I posted in the Halo 3 thread like once or twice a few years ago. :lol

But to be honest, 99% of my posts have been in ReachGAF threads and wouldn't be butthurt if a HaloGAF ancient got to play before I did. No hate at your 2 cents.

Ramirez

Hugbot said:
Speaking as someone who hasn't been posting in HaloGAF long this is a fair point and if we want to go this way I won't be offended. I'd still love to play in it but it's understandable either way.

Yea, I hate to step on the toes of new guys, but Humpdays are for the communities of tight knit groups, shouldn't the people representing those groups be their longest standing members?

Ramirez said:

As someone who has been lurking GAF for a while, just had my account approved last month and just became a Member yesterday, I totally agree. I don't think I should get a chance over people who have been posting at GAF for longer than I have.

GhaleonEB

Ramirez said:

HaloGAF is not "long time members". It's HaloGAF. And skimming out jr's will mean the list is mostly regulars anyways.

It's not about offending people, it's about being fair.

Ramirez said:

Hey I just noticed I got a triple double medal on Bnet, never thought I'd manage that one.

I wholeheartedly agree. If there is a Euro team, and I'm needed, then awesome, I'd love to - but not at the expense of a long time gaffer. :)

Ramirez

GhaleonEB said:
HaloGAF is not "long time members". It's HaloGAF. And skimming out jr's will mean the list is mostly regulars anyways.

It's not about offending people, it's about being fair.

Skimming out jrs does nothing, you need such a minuscule amount of posts to get member status, dumb way of doing it. But I guess you and Dax are in charge, so whatever. :lol

I like how even the guys who this would exclude agree, but you have to be "that guy".

GhaleonEB said:
Mind flagging the jr's?
I don't mind that, no.
Ramirez said:

That's the next step from seeing who can play at the prescribed time. We have a lot of people who can play, but who will play? Not to sound selfish, rude, even though I do really want to play, but seeing someone be put in place just for sticking with this thread, such as neuromancer, hugbot, chess, aesop, cuevas, etc, (no offense guys), of one that has been here since the Halo 3 thread (or longer), like Vhfive, Sai-kun, Ramirez, or myself, would be unfair.

Eliminating juniors won't do a lot because a lot of the people who signed up already are members. I think sik is the only junior.

GhaleonEB

Ramirez said:
Skimming out jrs does nothing, you need such a minuscule amount of posts to get member status, dumb way of doing it. But I guess you and Dax are in charge, so whatever. :lol
If I were in charge - which I'm not - I'd also use my own personal GAF Ignore list as a filter. Which would knock off a big swath of the "regulars". :p

My primary concern is that selection/cutoff not be arbitrary. If you can define "regulars" as something other than the GAF crew you play with, go for it. I don't want it to devolve into the usual cliques. That's so high school (ask Dax).
enzo_gt said:
Can I do the firefight challenge in score attack?
Yup. That's how I get all of the Firefight challenges.

enzo_gt said:
Yeah you can do it. Just choose Crashsite, Sniper or normal Score Attack. The most elites you'll find in Crashsite because at Wave 5 they will spawn about 10 elites.

Gui_PT

enzo_gt said:

Yes you can. You'll get 5 or 6 Elites at the end of every round. Try to get sniperfight, it's easier and faster.

Edit: You get a lot of elites on Crashsite, but then you have to worry about the generator.

Disguises said:
Just joined the 1% club. Where did my life go? :(
Bear in mind it was the 1% club well over a week ago, and the Challenges have hiked since then. Every game I am in now has at least one other Lt Colonel G3 in it.

Dax01 said:
I don't mind that, no.

That's the next step from seeing who can play at the prescribed time. We have a lot of people who can play, but who will play? Not to sound selfish, rude, even though I do really want to play, but seeing someone be put in place just for sticking with this thread, such as neuromancer, hugbot, chess, aesop, cuevas, etc, (no offense guys), of one that has been here since the Halo 3 thread (or longer), like Vhfive, Sai-kun, or myself, would be unfair.

yeah I didn't even play halo 3 for the last stretch of its life. If you guys see people who have been here since H3 they should definitely play over someone like me who just got here for reach.

We have the Reach gamertags, did you guys have something similar for H3? That would be a good list to start picking from if there is one.

StUnNeR H2K

<- would love to get in on the HaloGAF vs Bungie
oh and even at work I can't get away from Halo...
beaver_creek.jpg

just west of Dr Pepper Rd

chapel

Banned
Not sure if I am deserving, but I would love to play in the Humpday. NA here.

Now I was playing Arena and I noticed that assists are really hard to get right now, another guy I got matched up with said that they updated the assist code or something. Now there is nothing that I have found to prove that, but assists do feel different, I have had many points where 3-4 even 5 shots with no kill go un-awarded with an assist even after 5 seconds. It very likely could have been latency issues, but it was over the span of multiple games.

I guess it is easy to test.

On another topic, about Arena, I am working on something that takes your games, what rating you get in each game and compares them to the people you played. Do you think I should have it be, the top 4 scores is a +1 for simplicity sake, and the bottom 4 are -1? I was also thinking that maybe I could also compare scores directly. I would also like to compare them based on what division a person you played is in, but the only problem, there is no history when it comes to divisions. I can't see what they were when you played them, only their past season and their current season if rated. Any input?
I am working on a script that parses your current seasons Arena games and does some calculations on it. Curious if any of you have any input on what you would like to see with it. No guarantees, it is a side project and may never come to light of day.

Hugbot

StUnNeR H2K said:
<- would love to get in on the HaloGAF vs Bungie

oh and even at work I can't get away from Halo...
If it's the one in TX I used to drive by it all the time and thought about it every single time.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Would have loved to participate in this but I haven't really been apart of HaloGAF. I'll cheerlead regardless. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom