• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
vhfive said:
take ram's list and anyone who doesn't respond on it get's replaced by some random drawing ghaleon style.
I'm for this.

Besides, we need to select which maps/gametypes we're going to choose and set up times to practice.

StUnNeR H2K

Hugbot said:
If it's the one in TX I used to drive by it all the time and thought about it every single time.

That section is in Oklahoma... I followed it all the way south and it does eventually dump into the Red River. I'm sure every state has a "Beaver Creek", and probably more than one.

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
I'm for this.

Besides, we need to select which maps/gametypes we're going to choose and set up times to practice.
I can't remember if I made Ram's list or not, but if I'm on it, please pull me off. Might as well give another GAFer a moment in the spotlight.

Wizman23

Banned
I better run out and get some popcorn because the last time this humpday ordeal was brought up on here the meltdowns and crying were beyond awesome. I agree with Ram as well the long time posters and people who contribute the most to all the Halo threads are the ones that deserve to play.

Dax01 said:
I'm for this.

Ill be in class for the next 2.5 hours, even if I don't get picked I'd fill in a spot to just play with you guys while you practice

HaloGAF scout team!

Kapura

Banned
Hey, I got up late today because I'm skipping two early classes, and now I want to say that I'll be available at the prescribed times.

I'm down for, if not participating, scrimming versus whatever halogaf teams we set up. I've got classes from 12-3 PST but I can make room for GAF after that.

GhaleonEB said:
I can't remember if I made Ram's list or not, but if I'm on it, please pull me off. Might as well give another GAFer a moment in the spotlight.
You were. It was a list of the top posters in the Halo 3 Thread

My best recollection:

GhaleonEB
Dax01
EazyB
Dani
Vhfive
Sai-Kun

Then a section with a lot of good people, then the most recent people who came very late, right before the thread closed.

I'm trying to find the list now.

cuevas said:
Ill be in class for the next 2.5 hours, even if I don't get picked I'd fill in a spot to just play with you guys while you practice

HaloGAF scout team!
That's cool.

SpudBud

Dax01 said:
You were. It was a list of the top posters in the Halo 3 Thread

My best recollection:

GhaleonEB
Dax01
EazyB
Dani
Vhfive
Sai-Kun

Then a section with a lot of good people, then the most recent people who came very late, right before the thread closed.

I'm trying to find the list now.

That's cool.

Team 1:
1)GhaleonEB
2)Dax01
3)Blueblur1
4)Sai-kun
5)Shake Appeal
6)Dani
7)vhfive
8)Merguson

Team 2:
1)Domino Theory
2)Tashi0106
3)Ramirez
4)Captain Blood
5)Trasher
6)Nutter
7)SpudBud
8)Thermite

Team 3:
1)xxjuicesxx
2)Buttonbasher
3)Kibbles
4)Striker
5)Dirtbag
6)Metroidvania
7)BladedExpert
8)Botolf

I think this was the original version. I think some changes were made down the line.

Unicorn

So is this a way to get some GAF customs in? I work saturdays so I can never participate when they're going on, but I'm free today :p

Also, I'm by no means eligible for humpday challenge :p

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
If Ghaleon doesn't want his spot, I'd be glad to take it. But, regardless, even if I don't get in, very cool of Bungie to have a humpday with GAF, even after all the complaining last time.

SpudBud said:
Team 1:
1)GhaleonEB
2)Dax01
3)Blueblur1
4)Sai-kun
5)Shake Appeal
6)Dani
7)vhfive
8)Merguson

Team 2:
1)Domino Theory
2)Tashi0106
3)Ramirez
4)Captain Blood
5)Trasher
6)Nutter
7)SpudBud
8)Thermite

Team 3:
1)xxjuicesxx
2)Buttonbasher
3)Kibbles
4)Striker
5)Dirtbag
6)Metroidvania
7)BladedExpert
8)Botolf

I think this was the original version. I think some changes were made down the line.

That was the one. I'm not sure how many guys from team 3 have responded yet though :lol Bungie vs Bladed gogogo!!

@Spudbud. Thanks. Yeah, the biggest complaint I remember is that team 2 is really stacked.

People who won't be available/probably won't be available:
1. GhaleonEB
2. Juices
3. Botolf (does he have the Xbox Live?)
4. Merguson
5. Buttonbasher (haven't seen him post here in awhile)

KevinRo

SpudBud said:
Team 1:
1)GhaleonEB
2)Dax01
3)Blueblur1
4)Sai-kun
5)Shake Appeal
6)Dani
7)vhfive
8)Merguson

Team 2:
1)Domino Theory
2)Tashi0106
3)Ramirez
4)Captain Blood
5)Trasher
6)Nutter
7)SpudBud
8)Thermite

Team 3:
1)xxjuicesxx
2)Buttonbasher
3)Kibbles
4)Striker
5)Dirtbag
6)Metroidvania
7)BladedExpert
8)Botolf

:( am sad

Ramirez

Here's the last list I made, I had already grouped people with who I thought they would enjoy playing with.

Team 1:
1)GhaleonEB (guess not?)
2)Dax01
3)Blueblur1
4)Sai-kun
5)Shake Appeal
6)Dani
7)vhfive
8)Merguson

Team 2:
1)Domino Theory
2)Tashi0106
3)Ramirez
4)Captain Blood
5)Trasher
6)Nutter
7)SpudBud
8)Thermite

Team 3:
1)xxjuicesxx
2)Chinner
3)Kibbles
4)Striker
5)Dirtbag
6)Metroidvania
7)BladedExpert
8)CrazedArabMan

Backups, in order of their activity in the Official Halo 3 Thread

1)LAUGHTREY
2)Eric WK
3)godhandiscen
4)SailorDaravon
5)soldat7
6)Grimm Fandango
7)Kuroyume

So, if you're on the list, check in I guess? We'll replace from there? Dax update the lists as needed, I won't be around frequently enough to make changes all day.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Just to spell it out,

Are we going with Ram's list (to be updated as people are available)?

Just want to make sure there's no confusion and everyone is on the same page. Looks like we are but I want to be sure.

JesseZao

There should be some customs fun after Humpday. I won't be home until after 11PST, but if there are customs going on afterward, I'd be interested.

Ramirez

GhaleonEB said:
Just make sure to pull someone else in for myself, so there are even teams. KevinRo looked like he wanted in.

Why? You wanted in the first way of doing it, just play, don't draw attention to something that means little.

Team 1:
1)GhaleonEB – Probably not
2)Dax01 – Available
3)Blueblur1 – Unknown
4)Sai-kun – Available
5)Shake Appeal – Available
6)Dani – Available
7)vhfive – Available
8)Merguson – Probably not available

Team 2:
1)Domino Theory – Unknown
2)Tashi0106 – Unknown
3)Ramirez – Available
4)Captain Blood – Unknown
5)Trasher – Unknown
6)Nutter – Unknown
7)SpudBud – Available
8)Thermite – Unknown

Team 3:
1)xxjuicesxx – Not available
2)Chinner – Unknown
3)Kibbles – Unknown
4)Striker – Unknown
5)Dirtbag – Unknown
6)Metroidvania – Unknown
7)BladedExpert – Available
8)CrazedArabMan – Unknown

Backups, in order of their activity in the Official Halo 3 Thread

1)LAUGHTREY
2)Eric WK – Available
3)godhandiscen
4)SailorDaravon
5)soldat7
6)Grimm Fandango
7)Kuroyume

1, and 3-7: Unknown

That's what I got so far. As Ram said: Everyone check in!
Dani said:
Just to spell it out,

Are we going with Ram's list (to be updated as people are available)?

Just want to make sure there's no confusion and everyone is on the same page. Looks like we are but I want to be sure.
Looks like it. I'm just keeping track of both lists, though.

@Ghaleon: Urk has chimed in. Come on, man. You gotta be in it!

GhaleonEB

Ramirez said:
Why? You wanted in the first way of doing it, just play, don't draw attention to something that means little.

Primarily objections to the selection process, so I though I'd let another GAFer in. But also I think I'd enjoy watching others get donged on more than receiving (and others to receive) said donging.

I mean, cocop is pretty good with that AR and Bungie still smoked the 343 guys.

Gui_PT

Dax01 said:
Not necessarily. There are a lot of people we don't know if they can do it, including the "first dibs" folks. Just see how this thing plays out.

Just want to let you guys know there's no chance you'll win without me.

Especially that team 2.

<.<
>.>

feel

vhfive said:
take ram's list and anyone who doesn't respond on it get's replaced by some random drawing ghaleon style.
Screw randomness then, Juices was on that list right? Since he's busy I'm in for him. :p

Gui_PT said:
Just want to let you guys know there's no chance you'll win without me.

Especially that team 2.

<.<
>.>
Oh. I see what you try to do.

Are you going to sleep before the Humpday challenge(if yu will be a part of it.) If not we can play through the whole night.

Gui_PT

I was kidding guise! Don't fill my inbox with threats =(

And Urk, stop trying to get a fight started! :lol

Hypertrooper said:
Oh. I see what you try to do.

Are you going to sleep before the Humpday challenge(if yu will be a part of it.) If not we can play through the whole night.

I'm not really a sleeper. I sleep 3 or 4 hours a night. A sleepless night wouldn't be a hassle =P

Gui_PT said:
I was kidding guise! Don't fill my inbox with threats =(

And Urk, stop trying to get a fight started! :lol

I'm not really a sleeper. I sleep 3 or 4 hours a night. A sleepless night wouldn't be a hassle =P
I sent a friend request. I will be online in a few minutes.

Hugbot

Kapura said:
First writing of my guide to spawn philosophy.
It might be complete shite, wanted to see if anybody here had any feedback for me.
It is solid and hopefully some people take notice of it. At the very least it should help make people aware that they need to put some actual thought into where you're spawning.

Insaniac said:
would u guys be interested in using one of my maps for a game or will bungie decide that maps/gametypes?
I think if we do a Forge map it should be one that has been solidly tested and doesn't have any glaring issues with spawns, weapons, or team imbalance. So, short answer: maybe! I'd love to see us use a ForgeGAF custom from someone else if not, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom