• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alivor

I'm on a fair amount and rarely have people to play with. If anyone's every interested, my gamertag is Alivor and I'll accept any invites as long as I'm not already in a match.

Letters said:
Up until what time do these guys have to report themselves in before they get replaced?
That's a tough decision. People have work/school, and may not have access to computers until after such times.

I don't want to impose a time limit and be the only one who supports it, but it's definitely reasonable.

How about 8:00 PM EST? That gives folks five hours. By then, we should be practicing/deciding on maps and stuff.

I love multi flag CTF on hemmorage in big team. So fun. So chaotic.

Will be playing this game forever.

Can't wait until Calladuty Black ops comes out and all the dipshits migrate back over.

Is it possible to play a match where someone doesn't just quit as the match starts? lol

Insaniac

Hugbot said:
It is solid and hopefully some people take notice of it. At the very least it should help make people aware that they need to put some actual thought into where you're spawning.

I think if we do a Forge map it should be one that has been solidly tested and doesn't have any glaring issues with spawns, weapons, or team imbalance. So, short answer: maybe! I'd love to see us use a ForgeGAF custom from someone else if not, though.

I've got a pretty well tested map in my fileshare at the moment called "stories"

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Dax01 said:
That's a tough decision. People have work/school, and may not have access to computers until after such times.

I don't want to impose a time limit and be the only one who supports it, but it's definitely reasonable.

How about 8:00 PM EST? That gives folks five hours. By then, we should be practicing/deciding on maps and stuff.

Eh, the HD isn't until 9pm PST, so give them until 9-10pm EST because Thermite usually doesn't come online until around 5-6pm PST. But I know he's in for sure, if I can check in someone on my behalf.

Team 1:
1)GhaleonEB – Probably not
2)Dax01 – Available
3)Blueblur1 – Unknown
4)Sai-kun – Available
5)Shake Appeal – Available
6)Dani – Available
7)vhfive – Available
8)Merguson – Probably not available

Team 2:
1)Domino Theory – Available
2)Tashi0106 – Available
3)Ramirez – Available
4)Captain Blood – Unknown
5)Trasher – Available
6)Nutter – Unknown
7)SpudBud – Available
8)Thermite – Available

Team 3:
1)xxjuicesxx – Not Available
2)Chinner – Unknown
3)Kibbles – Unknown
4)Striker – Unknown
5)Dirtbag – Unknown
6)Metroidvania – Not Available
7)BladedExpert – Available
8)CrazedArabMan – Unknown

Backups, in order of their activity in the Official Halo 3 Thread

1)LAUGHTREY – Unknown
2)Eric WK – Available
3)godhandiscen – Unknown
4)SailorDaravon – Unknown
5)soldat7 – Unknown
6)Grimm Fandango – Unknown
7)Kuroyume – Unknown
8)Self Induced
9)Letters
10)Gui
11)laszlo
12)Hugbot
13)NH Apache
14)darthbob
15)cuevas
16)Chess
17)Aesop
18)Neuromancer
19)TommyT
20)KevinRo
21)Psychoraven
22)Hypertrooper
23)Bobs99
24)Sik
25)chapel

8-25: All available, all willing to help practice with the teams to help them.

Dax01 said:
8pm EST also means that anyone in the Eurozone won't find out if they have to get up at 5am until 1am. :lol

aesop

How many gametypes/maps does the community get to pick? And if I remember correctly, doesn't it have to be a map or gametype that is available in MM because of some shenanigans that took place in a humpday challenge that happened a while back?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Dax01 said:
Team 1:
2)Dax01 – Available
3)Blueblur1 – Unknown
4)Sai-kun – Available
6)Dani – Available
7)vhfive – Available

Team 2:
1)Domino Theory – Unknown
2)Tashi0106 – Unknown
3)Ramirez – Available
5)Trasher – Unknown
6)Nutter – Unknown
7)SpudBud – Available
8)Thermite – Unknown

Team 3:
1)xxjuicesxx – Not available
2)Chinner – Unknown
3)Kibbles – Unknown
4)Striker – Unknown
5)Dirtbag – Unknown

1)LAUGHTREY
2)Eric WK – Available
3)godhandiscen
4)SailorDaravon
5)soldat7
6)Grimm Fandango
7)Kuroyume

1, and 3-7: Unknown

That's list so far, for new page.

I checked in last page, guess it got ignored. :(

Domino Theory said:
Eh, the HD isn't until 9pm PST, so give them until 9-10pm EST because Thermite usually doesn't come online until around 5-6pm PST. But I know he's in for sure, if I can check in someone on my behalf.
Sounds good.

Edit: Domino, I got you.

feel

Dax01 said:

Seems fair. Please put me on the list of possible replacements.

edit- oh, the humpday is on PST

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Question, what are all these posters I am seeing in game now? There are a few in powerhouse, and two in the garage where you help the marines in Winter Contingency. Anyone seen these?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
If I were a betting man, I'd say everyone on Team 3 except for Striker will be unavailable so that's a good place to get a bunch of replacements in.

chapel

Banned
chapel said:
Not sure if I am deserving, but I would love to play in the Humpday. NA here.

Now I was playing Arena and I noticed that assists are really hard to get right now, another guy I got matched up with said that they updated the assist code or something. Now there is nothing that I have found to prove that, but assists do feel different, I have had many points where 3-4 even 5 shots with no kill go un-awarded with an assist even after 5 seconds. It very likely could have been latency issues, but it was over the span of multiple games.

I guess it is easy to test.

On another topic, about Arena, I am working on something that takes your games, what rating you get in each game and compares them to the people you played. Do you think I should have it be, the top 4 scores is a +1 for simplicity sake, and the bottom 4 are -1? I was also thinking that maybe I could also compare scores directly. I would also like to compare them based on what division a person you played is in, but the only problem, there is no history when it comes to divisions. I can't see what they were when you played them, only their past season and their current season if rated. Any input?
I am working on a script that parses your current seasons Arena games and does some calculations on it. Curious if any of you have any input on what you would like to see with it. No guarantees, it is a side project and may never come to light of day.
For the new page. I know people are caught up in the humpday stuff, but those of you that have played today after the reset, have you noticed a change in assists?

Hugbot

aesop said:
How many gametypes/maps does the community get to pick? And if I remember correctly, doesn't it have to be a map or gametype that is available in MM because of some shenanigans that took place in a humpday challenge that happened a while back?
Well that's pretty weak, but understandable. Would have been cool to sneak a good Forge map in, though.

I'm up for being on the alternates/replacements list. Or if you guys are scrimmaging later and need an extra man for your practice matches, I would be up for that too. Gamertag = Serpico MTZ

I just hope HaloGaf's crew stomps a mudhole into Bungie's team.

aesop

So, it seems that there might be a few open spots in Ram's list even with the alts listed. Any ideas on how those spots will be filled?

Hypertrooper said:
Alright, I put everyone who is available on a waiting list. Order is in which each person said they were available.

@Self Induced, man you been here for awhile. I still consider you a poster.

chess

Dax01 said:
Team 1:
2)Dax01 – Available
3)Blueblur1 – Unknown
4)Sai-kun – Available
6)Dani – Available
7)vhfive – Available

Team 2:
1)Domino Theory – Available
2)Tashi0106 – Unknown
3)Ramirez – Available
5)Trasher – Unknown
6)Nutter – Unknown
7)SpudBud – Available
8)Thermite – Unknown

Team 3:
1)xxjuicesxx – Not Available
2)Chinner – Unknown
3)Kibbles – Unknown
4)Striker – Unknown
5)Dirtbag – Unknown

1)LAUGHTREY – Unknown
2)Eric WK – Available
3)godhandiscen – Unknown
4)SailorDaravon – Unknown
5)soldat7 – Unknown
6)Grimm Fandango – Unknown
7)Kuroyume – Unknown
8)Letters
9)Gui
10)Hugbot
11)NH Apache
12)darthbob
13)cuevas
14Chess
15)Aesop
16)Neuromancer
17)TommyT
18)KevinRo
19)laszlo (Lead cheerleader if necessary, has pom poms at the ready)
20)Psychoraven
21)Hypertrooper
22)Bobs99
23)Sik

8-23: All Available

I can get on 2 hours early to help practice as well. If anything, just playing some GAF customs will be well worth my time. :)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm up for the matches tonight. 12AM Eastern? Sounds good

I'll also be streaming them for those who can't participate.

cwmartin

Alivor said:
I'm on a fair amount and rarely have people to play with. If anyone's every interested, my gamertag is Alivor and I'll accept any invites as long as I'm not already in a match.

In the same boat! I'm at work but I just added you on xbox.com. Hope to play with ya soon :)

Insaniac

Well in any case here's the map if it is a possibility to be used:

story3.jpg

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=6321194&player=TheLintendo

Hugbot

aesop said:
So, it seems that there might be a few open spots in Ram's list even with the alts listed. Any ideas on how those spots will be filled?
Cut juniors(sorry buds) then random.org is my vote. Ram's list covers the people I remember from lurking around the H3 topic and it might cause the least drama to avoid hand-picking the rest. Alternatively go by postcount starting from the bottom and cause as much drama as possible.

chapel

Banned
Am I on ignore or something?

I said I wanted in a little while ago. Just because it says I am a junior, I am not a junior. I have been here and posting for over 3 years.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Since the teams are decided upon, I think it's best of each of the teams decided upon a team captain.

The captain would be responsible for gathering everyone else from their team into a single 8 person party in Reach, ready to go at least 15 minutes before the game time.

The captains would also then be responsible for filling in absences in the team from the reserve list.

By having a captain for each team, this will allow the Bungie folks to meet up with the GAF teams, just a single GT per squad. Also, since everyone on the teams is generally connected via their Friends Lists anyway, should make the transitions between teams after each game go smoother.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
chapel said:
Am I on ignore or something?

I said I wanted in a little while ago. Just because it says I am a junior, I am not a junior. I have been here and posting for over 3 years.

How's that montage coming along?

aesop

Dax01 said:
Alright, I put everyone who is available on a waiting list. Order is in which each person said they were available.

@Self Induced, man you been here for awhile. I still consider you a poster.
Uh, technically I was second after Gui to say I could play but yeah. Drama starting, eh? And I noticed you moved me down a few spots? :lol

Think it should be random to fill the spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom