• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthbob

Hey guys, found some better Internet.

988153002.png

feel

vhfive said:
back ups should be a random drawing. other wise its not fair to the people who go to work/class
Making the original list based on the number of posts on an old thread is not fair to the present Halogaf members either, but hey... :)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
darthbob said:
I'm just gonna assume you were laughing at my vexation and not
the fact that I have to attend a community college.

-_- Middle class...
Yes, the former, not the latter. It'd be a dick move to make fun of someone for going to community college.
darthbob said:
Hey guys, found some better Internet.

988153002.png
You are a wizard.

darthbob

Plywood said:
Yes, the former, not the latter. It'd be a dick move to make fun of someone for going to community college.

Okay, thanks. :)

Domino Theory said:
What's wrong with attending a community college?

Nothing, in my opinion. I'm just always being made fun of for it for some reason.

It's not like I can help my own financial situation. >_>

FourDoor

vhfive said:
back ups should be a random drawing. other wise its not fair to the people who go to work/class

What we need to tear HaloGAF apart is an election/vote!

I say everyone PM someone like DAX with who you think deserves to play. :lol or just post it here in the thread as to who you want to see most play in the challenge

just don't vote for yourself
:lol

vhfive said:
That's fine with me. Dunno if anyone has any objections. List has been updated. If anyone is missing, please say so.

Dani – Yeah, we gotta choose what maps and gametypes. Personally for Team 1, I've been thinking Invasion on Spire, but I'm not absolutely committed to it.

List so far...

Team 1:
1)GhaleonEB – Not Available
2)Dax01 – Available
3)Blueblur1 – Unknown
4)Sai-kun – Available
5)Shake Appeal – Available
6)Dani – Available
7)vhfive – Available
8)Merguson – Probably not available

Team 2:
1)Domino Theory – Available
2)Tashi0106 – Available
3)Ramirez – Available
4)Captain Blood – Available
5)Trasher – Available
6)Nutter – Available
7)SpudBud – Available
8)Thermite – Available

Team 3:
1)xxjuicesxx – Not Available
2)Chinner – Unknown
3)Kibbles – Unknown
4)Striker – Available
5)Dirtbag – Unknown
6)Metroidvania – Not Available
7)BladedExpert – Available
8)CrazedArabMan – Unknown

Backups, in order of their activity in the Official Halo 3 Thread

1)LAUGHTREY – Unknown
2)Eric WK – Available
3)godhandiscen – Unknown
4)SailorDaravon – Unknown
5)soldat7 – Unknown
6)Grimm Fandango – Unknown
7)Kuroyume – Unknown
8)Gui
9)aesop
10)cuevas
11)hugbot
12)NH Apache
13)darthbob
14)Letters
15)Chess
16)Neuromancer
17)TommyT
18)KevinRo
19)Psychoraven
20)Hypertrooper
21)Bobs99
22)Sik
23)chapel
24)Darkshier
25)Voltron64
26) Deadly Cyclone
27) Mr M33
28) Stunner H2K
29) Pakkit
30) Ultimate Pooh
31) Fourdoor

8-30: All available, all willing to help practice with the teams to help them.

Gui_PT

Dax01 said:
That's fine with me. Dunno if anyone has any objections. List has been updated. If anyone is missing, please say so.

I don't want to be a jerk about it, or start a discussion. And I'm not talking about myself specifically, because it's probable I won't get a spot. But picking it randomly might mean picking someone that has been here for 3 months over someone who has been here for 3 years. If the original list was made from time-on-gaf/posts criteria, picking the extras randomly would go against that way of thinking.

Add me to the back ups if we're picking them out of a hat.

i'm available tonight.

Also I have been here since Halo 3... and a member since 2006 so if we're also going off who has been here the longest I would say that qualifies.

Dax01 said:
I merged the Europe Team into the rest, mostly at the top because I can't go back through the thread currently

9)aesop
10)cuevas
11)hugbot
12)NH Apache
13)darthbob
14)cuevas
15)Letters

8-31: All available, all willing to help practice with the teams to help them.

oh yeah! double the chance!

Dax01 said:

Dani – Yeah, we gotta choose what maps and gametypes. Personally for Team 1, I've been thinking Invasion on Spire, but I'm not absolutely committed to it.

List so far...

8-29: All available, all willing to help practice with the teams to help them.
I guess this is too unfair. But maybe Team 3 could be the EuroHaloGAF team. So Striker could swap with Shake or Dani.

@Gui_PT come online :/

chess

Gui_PT said:
I don't want to be a jerk about it, or start a discussion. And I'm not talking about myself specifically, because it's probable I won't get a spot. But picking it randomly might mean picking someone that has been here for 3 months over someone who has been here for 3 years. If the original list was made from time-on-gaf/posts criteria, picking the extras randomly would go against that way of thinking.

There will always be people left out and most people understand this and are happy for those that make it. However there will be people pissed not matter what happens. I speak from experience from another site. I actually got the humpday arranged but didn't get to play. Many community member cries. Although, I think the FnF H3 beta was worse. I actually got some nasty messages on that one.

I have some of you on my FL but anyone on the 3 teams playing that could add me for skrims please do.

GT: Harmonic 5150

I retired my old Chess 44 tag in the summer or '09

aesop

Gui_PT said:

It's a very good possibility that someone will get their feelings hurt by not getting picked to play.

What criteria would you suggest? Post count in the Reach OTs? If you've got an idea of how it should be done, please say so. Obviously, I'm not in anyway responsible for picking those who get to play and don't envy those who are, but I would like to hear people's thoughts on what should be done. And I'm not trying to troll you here, just interested in your opinion.

Dax01 said:

List so far...

Team 1:
1)GhaleonEB – Not Available
2)Dax01 – Available
3)Blueblur1 – Unknown
4)Sai-kun – Available
5)Shake Appeal – Available
6)Dani – Available
7)vhfive – Available
8)Merguson – Probably not available

Team 2:
1)Domino Theory – Available
2)Tashi0106 – Available
3)Ramirez – Available
4)Captain Blood – Unknown
5)Trasher – Available
6)Nutter – Unknown
7)SpudBud – Available
8)Thermite – Available

Team 3:
1)xxjuicesxx – Not Available
2)Chinner – Unknown
3)Kibbles – Unknown
4)Striker – Available
5)Dirtbag – Unknown
6)Metroidvania – Not Available
7)BladedExpert – Available
8)CrazedArabMan – Unknown

1)LAUGHTREY – Unknown
2)Eric WK – Available
3)godhandiscen – Unknown
4)SailorDaravon – Unknown
5)soldat7 – Unknown
6)Grimm Fandango – Unknown
7)Kuroyume – Unknown
8)Gui
9)aesop
10)cuevas
11)hugbot
12)NH Apache
13)darthbob
14)Letters
15)Chess
16)Neuromancer
17)TommyT
18)KevinRo
19)Psychoraven
20)Hypertrooper
21)Bobs99
22)Sik
23)chapel
24)Darkshier
25)Voltron64
26) Deadly Cyclone
27) Mr M33
28) Stunner H2K
29) Pakkit

8-29: All available, all willing to help practice with the teams to help them.

I AM IN!!!!!

Hugbot

NH Apache said:
Been out for a bit. We are going with the teams we set up previously? I will be up soon for some practice rounds if necessary.
Looks like it, with holes filled possibly by lottery. Either way we'll get some customs going tonight (I have been itching to play Alejandro Terminal).

Dani said:
I'd say poop to any Invasion gametype or map.
It's gonna have to be BTB gametypes. So that leaves Paradiso, Invasion, or Hemorrhage. I don't like Hemorrhage (neither do you if I recall correctly), so that leaves either Paradiso or one of the Invasion maps. I personally like Paradiso, so whatever.

Edit: Blood, I got you.

Gui_PT

Hypertrooper said:
I guess this is too unfair. But maybe Team 3 could be the EuroHaloGAF team. So Striker could swap with Shake or Dani.

@Gui_PT come online :/

I'm resting my back, bra(don't ask). I'll be on later.

NH Apache

Banned
Hugbot said:
Looks like it, with holes filled possibly by lottery. Either way we'll get some customs going tonight (I have been itching to play Alejandro Terminal).

Sweet.

Are we still using the 5pm EST deadline? Tashi better stream team 2's game. That team is crazy good.

NH Apache said:
Sweet.

Are we still using the 5pm EST deadline? Tashi better stream team 2's game. That team is crazy good.
We're giving those who are in the original teams from 9-10 PM EST to say whether they're in or not. If they don't say anything, they're not in.

5 PM EST until sign ups for back ups are closed. I didn't see any objections for it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Dax01 said:
We're giving those who are in the original teams from 9-10 PM EST to say whether they're in or not. If they don't say anything, they're not in.

5 PM EST until sign ups for back ups are closed. I didn't see any objections for it.
Yeah, can I be put on that list already?

NH Apache

Banned
Dax01 said:

Alrighty.

We need creative team names tho. 1, 2, and 3 just aren't going to cut it.

Walshicus

JesseZao said:
I say bring it back to classic humpday and use Halo 2 maps.
I say run them at a time that we Europeans can be awake for! I missed out on the Bungie vs B.net mods session a few weeks back and very much regret it. :(

FourDoor

Dax01 said:

Since Team 3 is being randomly selected for the most part, can you add me to the list as well as a backup. I'm down to play some customs with the group before the challenge.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I'd like to be on the back up list as well. I wasn't really in the Halo 3 thread, but I've been enjoying reach since launch and have been active.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
NH Apache said:
Sweet.

This is 100%

I'll probably get with the squad to do some practice matches and for sure the match will be streamed live. The link will go up way in advance.

edit: Team names? Hell yes

Trasher

NH Apache said:
Alrighty.

We need creative team names tho. 1, 2, and 3 just aren't going to cut it.
I agree. Lets start brainstorming GAF. Should we require each team to involve a HaloGAF-like name?

Oh, and Teams AR, BR, etc are already out of the question. Be more creative than that!

Striker

JesseZao said:
I say bring it back to classic humpday and use Halo 2 maps.
Too flat and archaic.

Team 3 needs LunaticPuma. He's generally active in threads, and is on Reach often. Stick him in, plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom