• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I PMed charlequin. I'm warming up to the idea of sorting everything out here first, then when it is all prepped and ready to go, the thread goes up.

Dax01 said:
I PMed charlequin. I'm warming up to the idea of sorting everything out here first, then when it is all prepped and ready to go, the thread goes up.

Should decide the gametypes first to make it "official" but how will that get sorted out?

cuevas said:
Should decide the gametypes first to make it "official" but how will that get sorted out?
Personally, since Team 2 has everyone on board, I think it would be best for them to experiment with the best way of deciding that. Either by majority vote or whatever.

I think Bungie gets to choose one gametype/map for themselves. We can give that game to Team 3 seeing as how that looks like the most uncertain team.

Urk, can you clarify how gametypes will be chosen? Will Bungie get two choices?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Dax01 said:
Last time, I'll bring it up. Did I kick your dog or something? Because now I'm just curious as to why you're ignoring me. For the record, I'm not part of the group of HaloGaffers who took the liberty of insulting you every chance they got. So what did I do for the cold shoulder?

NH Apache

Banned
cuevas said:

Maybe each team should choose? Also, I heard team 2 wants to play rocket race, lawl

Plywood said:
Last time, I'll bring it up. Did I kick your dog or something? Because now I'm just curious as to why you're ignoring me. For the record, I'm not part of the group of HaloGaffers who took the liberty of insulting you every chance they got. So what did I do for the cold shoulder?

You're on the list.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
cuevas said:

Well Team 2 want a straight up Slayer match, so I'd say Team 1 go with Objective.

Don't forget that during the Humpday Bungie takes turns on deciding between themselves and the team they play, alternating each game. So even if it's decided before hand that, for example, Team 2 wants to play Slayer on Boardwalk, it could be the Bungie's Team turn to choose so it could be what they want to play instead.

Kapura

Banned
Dani said:
Well Team 2 want a straight up Slayer match, so I'd say Team 1 go with Objective.

Don't forget that during the Humpday Bungie takes turns on deciding between themselves and the team they play, alternating each game. So even if it's decided before hand that, for example, Team 2 wants to play Slayer on Boardwalk, it could be the Bungie's Team turn to choose so it could be what they want to play instead.
They'd pick something like AR starts no secondary jetpacks only AA. Oh god, that would be a clusterfuck.

Throwing this into the Online Section is probably just going to cause some random Gaffers to try and put theyre names in causing more chaos. I think the discussion is better kept here tbh.

Either way I doubt ill make it for 6am, especially considering I have a busy day tomorow and dont wanna wake people up. Im conflicted because I REALLY want to play, but so many others do aswell so its unlikely ill get in anyway (and I think some others are more deserving). If I change my mind and come online and theres space for me, awesome. If not, good luck!

I have a lot to say about the selection process, but I dont quite wanna cause a shitstorm. :lol

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
NH Apache said:
Maybe each team should choose? Also, I heard team 2 wants to play rocket race, lawl

You're on the list.
..Now I am. Okay. Earlier acknowledgement would've been nice, however now I feel like a douche. Apologies. But being ignored isn't fun, in fact its kinda frustrating.

zumphry

Banned
Kapura said:
Reposting now that it seems the gafteam debate has slowed a little; The Philosophy of Spawn Placement. If anything seems very, very wrong please let me know.

Seems good, though it seems like basic knowledge (sadly it seems like most map makers don't know it, so :/). As for the staggered spawn layout, I haven't tried that in any of my Halo 3 maps (which I only got tested about two times), but I'll try it out with any Reach maps I eventually make. Great post, would like to see you go into detail about advanced stuff.

NH Apache

Banned
Kapura said:
Reposting now that it seems the gafteam debate has slowed a little; The Philosophy of Spawn Placement. If anything seems very, very wrong please let me know.

I like it.

You may want to talk about Anti spawns, especially since the way to go is with neutral spawns.

Some picture examples may help as well. Very good overall though.

Plywood said:
..Now I am. Okay. Earlier acknowledgement would've been nice, however now I feel like a douche. Apologies. But being ignored isn't fun, in fact its kinda frustrating.

I hear ya.

Edit:

Also, Kapura, pm Gowans007 and request for him to add it to the Forge thread OP. It is very useful.

ElRenoRaven

TommyT said:
Make it all armor lock and Bungie could live off the tears for years!

I would so laugh my ass off if they did that. Only thing that could make that better would be no grenades on the map. lol

Plywood said:
Thread was moving fast and I guess I missed your posts. Wasn't singling you our or anything. Once I saw that huge picture, I added you, so you've been on it for the past twenty or so minutes.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Dax01 said:
Thread was moving fast and I guess I missed your posts. Wasn't singling you our or anything. Once I saw that huge picture, I added you, so you've been on it for the past twenty or so minutes.
Again, sorry Dax, I thought you had it out for me. :/

On a lighter note, if anyone needs help getting prepped and wants to play something, add me GT: Xenolock. I got plently of space.

StUnNeR H2K

Plywood said:
On a lighter note, if anyone needs help getting prepped and wants to play something, add me GT: Xenolock. I got plently of space.

I'll also be willing to help out on the prep since I most likely won't be getting in... I'm still at the office, but will be home and online by 8 PM EST.

Alright, I talked it over with Charlequin, and we're going to sort out everything here, then, at around 10 PM EST, I'll post the Humpday thread. I guess we'll raffle off the back ups for anyone who isn't available before the thread.

And just so it's clear: the first 7 people have first dibs on any openings, because like the teams, they are based on activity in the Halo 3 thread, and were included with Ram's original list. If anyone has any objections to that, please say so.

aesop

So, the final team list will be going up at 10 EST to give the west coasters time to get home, read the forums, etc?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Dax01 said:
Alright, I talked it over with Charlequin, and we're going to sort out everything here, then, at around 10 PM EST, I'll post the Humpday thread. I guess we'll raffle off the back ups for anyone who isn't available before the thread.

And just so it's clear: the first 7 people have first dibs on any openings, because like the teams, they are based on activity in the Halo 3 thread, and were included with Ram's original list. If anyone has any objections to that, please say so.

First 7 on the backup list?

feel

:/

Take me off the waiting list Dax.

Chances of me getting picked are looking very slim being on that very long backup list where I for some reason keep getting bumped down and down, I'd rather kill my chances now and not spend hours obsessively f5ing this thread waiting for a miracle.

Hoping there's a second humpday down the line, and that none of the regulars that play today are eligible for that one, so that the rest of us who are here every day get a well deserved chance too.

chess

Dax01 said:

Nope, I was just a lurker for H3 and it makes sense. I'll check the updates later to see if I need to get on to help out or play.

aesop

Dax01 said:

My only objection to that is how many of those folks on those lists are active in the Reach threads? Some of those names look foreign to me. This is, after all, Halo: Reach.

TommyT

Dax01 said:

Ohhh nvm, you're talking about the ones already on the list.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Dax01 said:
That's fine with me. Dunno if anyone has any objections. List has been updated. If anyone is missing, please say so.

Dani – Yeah, we gotta choose what maps and gametypes. Personally for Team 1, I've been thinking Invasion on Spire, but I'm not absolutely committed to it.

List so far...

Team 1:
1)GhaleonEB – Not Available
2)Dax01 – Available
3)Blueblur1 – Unknown
4)Sai-kun – Available
5)Shake Appeal – Available
6)Dani – Available
7)vhfive – Available
8)Merguson – Probably not available

Team 2:
1)Domino Theory – Available
2)Tashi0106 – Available
3)Ramirez – Available
4)Captain Blood – Available
5)Trasher – Available
6)Nutter – Available
7)SpudBud – Available
8)Thermite – Available

Team 3:
1)xxjuicesxx – Not Available
2)Chinner – Unknown
3)Kibbles – Unknown
4)Striker – Available
5)Dirtbag – Unknown
6)Metroidvania – Not Available
7)BladedExpert – Available
8)CrazedArabMan – Unknown

Backups, in order of their activity in the Official Halo 3 Thread

1)LAUGHTREY – Unknown
2)Eric WK – Available
3)godhandiscen – Unknown
4)SailorDaravon – Unknown
5)soldat7 – Unknown
6)Grimm Fandango – Unknown
7)Kuroyume – Unknown
8)Gui
9)aesop
10)cuevas
11)hugbot
12)NH Apache
13)darthbob
14)Letters
15)Chess
16)Neuromancer
17)TommyT
18)KevinRo
19)Psychoraven
20)Hypertrooper
21)Bobs99
22)Sik
23)chapel
24)Darkshier
25)Voltron64
26) Deadly Cyclone
27) Mr M33
28) Stunner H2K
29) Pakkit
30) Ultimate Pooh
31) Fourdoor

8-30: All available, all willing to help practice with the teams to help them.
I am available. I would play, it would be freaking awesome.

Gui_PT said:
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't agree with the random picks. S'alright

how else would you do it? activity in reach threads? k/d competitive? hours played?

any way you do it, someone will end up calling BS.

Gui_PT

cuevas said:
how else would you do it? activity in reach threads? k/d competitive? hours played?

At least something better than randomly. I mean, people came up with a criteria for the 1st list to be fair, which was number of posts. And now, the fair way is to do it randomly?

It just contradictory. But I don't want to start a discussion about it. If I'm the only one that disagrees, nevermind. Not worth wasting time over one person.

Plywood said:
For what did you get banned for?
Trolling MGS4. Making fun of Uncharted 2 hype. Trolling Bethesda/Fallout 3. And maybe something else I have since forgotten, actually.

One of them was a month that was then extended to two for no reason.

Kapura

Banned
urk said:
trollface.jpg
Dammit urk stop making a mockery of the deliberation process!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom