• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyT

Gui_PT said:
At least something better than randomly. I mean, people came up with a criteria for the 1st list to be fair, which was number of posts. And now, the fair way is to do it randomly?

It just contradictory. But I don't want to start a discussion about it. If I'm the only one that disagrees, nevermind. Not worth wasting time over one person.

I doubt you're the only one that disagrees.

Hugbot

NH Apache said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol

I love the comma usage. Looks like I'll be practice team only, which is cool. When are people getting on?
I am looking to get on ~30 minutes prior to match time. Enough time to help out with one practice match and then either play my match or get in on some customs.

Gui_PT said:
At least something better than randomly. I mean, people came up with a criteria for the 1st list to be fair, which was number of posts. And now, the fair way is to do it randomly?

It just contradictory. But I don't want to start a discussion about it. If I'm the only one that disagrees, nevermind. Not worth wasting time over one person.
I agree that it's a bit contradictory for there to be no criteria for getting a spot, and it would probably be better to have a "baseline" of posts made in Reach threads to be eligible for a sub position. However, this late in the game I'd rather it just be as drama-free as possible and I think purely random is the best way to do that. In the end, there's always the rematch for players who don't get in this round.

TommyT

Shake Appeal said:
Trolling MGS4. Making fun of Uncharted 2 hype. Trolling Bethesda/Fallout 3. And maybe something else I have since forgotten, actually.

One of them was a month that was then extended to two for no reason.

Incoming 4th for whining! :lol

zumphry

Banned
Zeouterlimits said:
Speaking of which Big Ander got banned yesterday for making those .. at the least insensitive head puns in that decapitation news story thread.

Remember Ander

now who else am i supposed to be a dirty hipster with?

If anybody can think of a good way for the back ups to get picked, I'm all ears.

Letters, are you sure man? Doesn't look like most of team 3 and the first back ups will show up.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
NH Apache said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol

I love the comma usage. Looks like I'll be practice team only, which is cool. When are people getting on?
I got rid of it once I noticed it. :p
Shake Appeal said:
Trolling MGS4. Making fun of Uncharted 2 hype. Trolling Bethesda/Fallout 3. And maybe something else I have since forgotten, actually.

Sounds like the extended one sucked.

So I went to bed at 9am EST only to wake up at 6PM EST today and I come into this thread and read the last 8 pages...

I'll be in my Active Roster cheering for HaloGAF as I watch some of you on my friends-list participate!

Plywood said:
http://imgur.com/8UrqV.png[IMG]

Can someone quote this, but I feel like I'm getting ignored here. :S[/QUOTE]
Lol bro, Thanks for putting my name up. I was asleep all day today (reversed sleep-clycle, ahoy!) and just woke up.

[QUOTE=Domino Theory]I like this one better, personally:

[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/33ndcuc.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx238/Cuban_Legend/gafgolfclap.gif

Gui_PT

Dax01 said:
If anybody can think of a good way for the back ups to get picked, I'm all ears.

Letters, are you sure man? Doesn't look like most of team 3 and the first back ups will show up.

It's fine, we can't think of a way that will be 100% fair.

Whoever gets picked, just be sure to have fun and represent Gaf. And pleeeease teabag as much as you can.

Dax01 said:

Post count in the reach threads maybe since you did it that way for the first 3 teams.

Yeah this post is selfish.

aesop

cuevas said:
Post count in the reach threads maybe since you did it that way for the first 3 teams.

Yeah this post is selfish.

Damn the one minute per post nonsense. I'm all for stuffing the ballot.

zumphry

Banned
Gui_PT said:
It's fine, we can't think of a way that will be 100% fair.

Whoever gets picked, just be sure to have fun and represent Gaf. And pleeeease teabag as much as you can.

And tell lame jokes. Oh wait, that'd be Bungie. Nevermind.

emot-downsrim.gif

Dax01 said:

Do it by posts Dax*, and just stick with it. If the higher posting Halo 3 crowd aren't around/part of HaloGAF really anymore, just choose the ODST one or something. Just pick something and roll with it, don't second guess yourself.

*No idea what mine is, probably precludes me from joining, which is fine.

"HaloGAF." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore.

bobs99 ... said:
Can you link? How longs he gone for?
http://twitter.com/#!/BIGANDER/status/27218314573

When are Customs Scrimage going down? I would like to get in on that as well.

GT: Josef Redbeard

I'm also a part of the Halo Reach GAF Tag.

In Reach news I just reached Captain!

Now to get to Major so I can get that damn EVA helment.

Also I only have 5 more achievements to get to get 1000/1000

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Shake Appeal said:

I got banned for telling my good friend Daravon to "get raped" in a thread about the horrible things people say to each other over Xbox LIVE.

Hugbot

Zeouterlimits said:
Do it by posts Dax*, and just stick with it. If the higher posting Halo 3 crowd aren't around/part of HaloGAF really anymore, just choose the ODST one or something. Just pick something and roll with it, don't second guess yourself.
Or just a baseline you have to meet before you can be in the pool of possible replacements. That way it offers a little more flexibility for people who can't be around as much (more like so I have a shot still).

Edit: Oh jesus I'm close to the top of this thread. I need to go think about things.

feel

Dax01 said:
sigh... why Dax, why?? Now I'm not sure. Keep me in.. f5f5f5f5f5

Dax01 said:
The higher Mb/post ratio. Or get people to vote by PMing you 3 picks from the backups, the ones with the higher number of votes, get to play. Probably too much work for you though.

GhaleonEB

urk said:
I got banned for telling my good friend Daravon to "get raped" in a thread about the horrible things people say to each other over Xbox LIVE.
You even used l337 speek to make it sound all sarcastic and everything.

Just pick them randomly.... We're all fans of Halo here and it's the most just way of doing it.

Either way people will get butt hurt.

I just want to at least be in the customs before... I think that would be fun.

Don't take me off the back up list though

aesop

UltimaPooh said:
Just pick them randomly.... We're all fans of Halo here and it's the most just way of doing it.

Either way people will get butt hurt.

I just want to at least be in the customs before... I think that would be fun.

Don't take me off the back up list though

Download one of those programs that records your desktop and use it to film the random.org drawing too, so folks don't cry foul. :lol

Oozer3993

I picked a hell of a day to take a nap in the afternoon. Is there anyway for me to get my name on the backup list at this lat stage?

Dax01 said:

You should go by hotness and/or popularity of avatars.

KORPAH said:
I'm game for the Bungie humpday. Add me to the list.

Also, if it's any consolation, i'm fairly decent :)

GT: a KORPAH

^If you want to win, squeeze this guy in.

Tashi0106 said:
989274263.png

"Sip the juice, I got enough to go around"

Fuckin hate you. Currently rocking this:

Seriously go fuck yourself Time Warner.

urk said:
Number of bans from NeoGAF.

Child Please.

aesop

UltimaPooh said:
Also get a notary to confirm all of this.

Seal the envelope with a wax stamp, mail it to Bungie and have them announce the selection of Team 3 during a massive NeoGAF community appreciation celebration.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Team 1:

1)GhaleonEB – Not Available
2)Dax01 – Available
3)Blueblur1 – Unknown
4)Sai-kun – Available
5)Shake Appeal – Available
6)Dani – Available
7)vhfive – Available
8)Merguson – Probably not available

Team 1 - we're gonna warm up one hour before showtime. We need to practice our AR bursting and Armour Lock timings for the primetime event.

Also Ghaleon and Merg won't be making it, it seems, so we should bring forward two subs straight away.

Thermite

Dax01 said:
Team 2:
1)Domino Theory – Available
2)Tashi0106 – Available
3)Ramirez – Available
4)Captain Blood – Available
5)Trasher – Available
6)Nutter – Available
7)SpudBud – Available
8)Thermite – Available

152f9mp.gif

Trasher said:
Team Thermletbud-Tash-Jesus

:lol HELL YES.

Just finished all my studying. if anyone wants to do some 4v4 TS or objective gametypes send me a message. Im on the first gamertag if you want to find me that way.

GT: Learbear

Trasher said:
You were initially on the list I thought. What happened?

Bungie pulled a fast one and gave us 12 hours notice. I have a job, Halo's not exactly the greatest excuse to not come in...

I see how Bungie wins their humpdays now. They punch you in the babymaker before the games even start.

HaloGAF deserves better than this imo. Give them fucking hell though.

Seriously Boardwalk Slayer Pro, let Tashi rock Snipe and someone watch his back so he doesn't have to.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
xxjuicesxx said:
Bungie pulled a fast one and gave us 12 hours notice. I have a job, Halo's not exactly the greatest excuse to not come in...

I see how Bungie wins their humpdays now. They punch you in the babymaker before the games even start.

HaloGAF deserves better than this imo. Give them fucking hell though.

Seriously Boardwalk Slayer Pro, let Tashi rock Snipe and someone watch his back so he doesn't have to.

:lol That's funny that you say that. I just hit up some BTB to prepare a little...

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=219084768&player=NYSTOFMIND23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom