• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Team Oonsk :3
(formerly Team 1)

Letters
Dax01
Blueblur1
Sai-kun
Shake Appeal
Dani
vhfive
Merguson

Warm Up - 30 MINS FROM THIS POST

Customs warm up folks, get everyone ready. We'll play for an hour or so, making sure everyone has gathered and is ready

Showtime - 90 MINS FROM THIS POST

Show begins!

*Any last minute drops will be dealt with by me selecting a random sub. Not likely but in case someone needs to drop last minute, we'll bring someone else in using a random method.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
StUnNeR H2K said:
261k players online tonight, that normal for a week night or did Medal of Honor draw some people away?

I've been killing taliban since it came out, the multi is surprisingly good once you learn what's what. Halo is still deeper though.

Lazslo

Tashi Could I get a code to your stream?

Why does Urk not want the games streamed? Maybe only HaloGafers that can't play could watch it?

GhaleonEB

Aggrotek said:
Woohoo! Just beat solo on legendary. 1000/1000 for me. :D
Congrats! I'm getting there, albeit slowly. I did Long Night of Solace tonight, and with the Thunderstorm skull on for the daily Challenge, to boot. I did pretty well until, well, you know.

ouch.jpg

Nearly 20 deaths fighting just that last pack of Elites. Freaking ouch, Batman!

GhaleonEB said:
Nearly 20 deaths fighting just that last pack of Elites. Freaking ouch, Batman!
You mean when you first get onto the ship or at the end? The last set didn't bother me at all, but the first set brutalized me.

Striker

Monocle said:
The Cage is a terrible map for SWAT. I think I'm just going to forget about that 11 headshots daily challenge.
Asylum or Reflection it isn't too bad. But yes, Sword Base and The Cage, I'm sure, would be bad choices to attempt to enjoy.

GhaleonEB

Neuromancer said:
You mean when you first get onto the ship or at the end? The last set didn't bother me at all, but the first set brutalized me.
The very end, and the first. I got pinned down during the low-grav section with low ammo on one of those very high alcoves, and it took a long time to find a way to kill just enough guys to get down. I didn't die once at the bridge, oddly - that part destroyed me on Heroic.

On the last wave of five or six Elites, I got a checkpoint where I was surrounded by them, and it took a good five or six deaths to find a direction I could go. And then, I had to make a double plasma stick to get by a double shielded Elite. Once I got to a Plasma Pistol it wasn't so bad, but it took me a while. Meanwhile it was pure anarchy around me. :lol

Fantastic mission, but very unforgiving in parts.

Monocle

Striker said:
Asylum or Reflection it isn't too bad. But yes, Sword Base and The Cage, I'm sure, would be bad choices to attempt to enjoy.
SWAT can test my patience at the best of times. I'm a pretty crap player to begin with, so for me it's no picnic to play a 1-hit-kill gametype on a godawful map (though I'm kinda fond of The Cage for Elite Slayer, when I can work some magic with stickies). After several games of alternating between views of the respawn screen and my brain fluid leaking out my helmet, I decided to give up on the challenge. I most enjoy SWAT on Countdown now that I've finally wrapped my head around that map's layout, but no one would vote for it tonight.

Oh yeah, beat Solo Legendary! (Actually beat it Yesterday, but I forgot to gloat tell you guys about it here.)

It was a tough road, albeit mostly fun. The hardest mission for me would have to have been Long Night of Solace. It's not the space combat that's hard... It's everything afterwards that kicks your butt.

I just can't imagine what playing SLASO would be like. :lol

GhaleonEB

Tashi0106 said:
Bungie vs NeoGAF Game 2

I apologize for the heavy audio/video lag. Youtube really butchered this upload. If it bothers you guys like it does me you're better off just muting the audio. Also, sorry for the sub par quality, my normal capture program is giving me serious issues. I'll post in the other thread to so everyone can see.
If you put the saved film in your file share, I'll render it.
Ajemsuhgao said:
Doesn't Bungie put up rendered films of these anyway? I don't usually watch/read the humpdays, so I don't know :lol
That's true. But I wanted to see his perspective in good quality, dude's stats are beastly in that game.

voltron

So just wanting to confirm that theres no way to change the difficulty for fire fight match making? I assume no, its just todays challenge says something about "kill 20 elites in fire fight match making on heroic or harder"... etc

I assume the 'heroic or harder' phrase is just a default thing... ie anything that requires min heroic to complete is called heroic or harder.

Also, whats the deal with the slot machine? I usually just let it go but lately Ive been paying attention. Sometimes it seems to scroll (most of the time) between 20 & 100 ... but occasionally it seems to jump up to multiple 100's. I think the most I ever got was in the 700's.

Anyone know what the max is for that? Or what the deal is?

voltron said:
So just wanting to confirm that theres no way to change the difficulty for fire fight match making? I assume no, its just todays challenge says something about "kill 20 elites in fire fight match making on heroic or harder"... etc

I assume the 'heroic or harder' phrase is just a default thing... ie anything that requires min heroic to complete is called heroic or harder.

Also, whats the deal with the slot machine? I usually just let it go but lately Ive been paying attention. Sometimes it seems to scroll (most of the time) between 20 & 100 ... but occasionally it seems to jump up to multiple 100's. I think the most I ever got was in the 700's.

Usually it's a two-digit result, anywhere from 10 to 99. Occasionally it will go up to three digits, landing anywhere from 100 to the jackpot of 777. In my experience it usually lands somewhere in the 100s when it does three digits, but I dunno if that's just bad luck.

GhaleonEB

voltron said:

The max - Jackpot! - is 777 cR for the slot machine. It's actually determined before is starts scrolling - the little +219 cR or whatever on the lower left corner right when you finish a game is the slot machine bonus plus the game complete cR payout.

As for Firefight, right now it's all Heroic, but Sketch mentioned Legendary would be showing up soon. Lars is supposed to give an update this Friday on the Firefight playlist updates. Luke wrote all of these Challenges a long time ago, so he wouldn't have know the schedule for playlist deployment; the wording is just keeping the Challenge flexible.

voltron

FilthyLies said:
Usually it's a two-digit result, anywhere from 10 to 99. Occasionally it will go up to three digits, landing anywhere from 100 to the jackpot of 777. In my experience it usually lands somewhere in the 100s when it does three digits, but I dunno if that's just bad luck.

Thats my experience too. Although I once got 777.

voltron

GhaleonEB said:
The max - Jackpot! - is 777 cR for the slot machine. It's actually determined before is starts scrolling - the little +219 cR or whatever on the lower left corner right when you finish a game is the slot machine bonus plus the game complete cR payout.

As for Firefight, right now it's all Heroic, but Sketch mentioned Legendary would be showing up soon. Lars is supposed to give an update this Friday on the Firefight playlist updates. Luke wrote all of these Challenges a long time ago, so he wouldn't have know the schedule for playlist deployment; the wording is just keeping the Challenge flexible.

Interesting. I wonder how many credits Ill be able to get on score challenge gruntpocalypse on Legendary:D .

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ahh much better! Thanks Ghaleon

Bungie vs HaloGAF game 2

Honestly, I gotta give props to the Bungie guys. They did better than I thought they were going to. They're not half bad. Maybe it was because that Seattle host was so strong and I'm on the other side of the country. I really was going into the game expecting to stomp on them harder. After playing that game, I was worried that the 3rd group might lose their game. Man, that was a lot of fun.

I still don't know why I couldn't stream it. Urk, I PM'd you when you first asked. I'm over it but I just would like to know why.

FourDoor

Nice Game2 vid. That game went by faster than I thought it was going to. The rest of the other guys must have been racking up kills off camera like crazy.

Had a few days off Reach and had a game. The best thing about multiplayer are the shenanigans and slightly random things that can happen.
I love getting the banshee into the room with the core in it on Boneyard and managed to rack up a triple kill splatter in there after some other assorted shenanigans. Would appreciate a render if anyone has any spare minutes even though it's not the best clip. Link to film

todays challenge:
More than a Handful

Kill 77 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking. 750cR

One Spartan Army

Kill 250 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking. 2500cR

Hyper Lethal Vector

Kill 100 enemies with headshots in Firefight Matchmaking. 2000cR

Blast Radius

Kill 30 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking with grenades. 600cR

Falt

Well done to all the HaloGaf Humpday... ers! Looked like a lot of fun. Awesome vid, Tashi!

Dailys are up but apparently XBL is down, you can panic about it here.

More than a Handful - 750cR
Kill 77 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

One Spartan Army - 2500cR
Kill 250 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.

Hyper Lethal Vector - 2000cR
Kill 100 enemies with headshots in Firefight Matchmaking.

Blast Radius - 600cR
Kill 30 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking with grenades.

Edit: Derp.

zumphry

Banned
MarshMellow96 said:
Will probably go for all of those except the grenades one. 600k? :lol

Heh, though, I do need to get my Pull The Pin up to 500 for Silver Status, so ~449/500 won't be bad with some cRs. Seems like I can get all of them today(might start playing SWAT for the kills ones, im a scrub so I'm good at SWAT, or something).

Sordid

I got disconnected halfway through a Crashsite game in which I'd finished the One Spartan Army challenge but now it's showing as incomplete again. Am I best to not play anymore Firefight today lest I get banned for completing a challenge twice?

MrDaravon

wwm0nkey said:
This is weird guys I have like 60k Cr but when Live came back up after it crashed I now have 100k?

On a similar note, due to the XBL problems I got disconnected during a match, and just got one of the Challenges twice apparently. Please don't ban me urk :(

Sordid said:
I got disconnected halfway through a Crashsite game in which I'd finished the One Spartan Army challenge but now it's showing as incomplete again. Am I best to not play anymore Firefight today lest I get banned for completing a challenge twice?

Yeah, same thing happened to me with Hyper Lethal Vector, but I re-connected during the same Firefight match after getting disconnected, and didn't realize that it had reset until it popped up that I got it again :/.

Phew. Past few hours I was paranoid thinking my account got stolen or something.
I wish I was cool enough for people to want to steal it :3

MrDaravon

Shake Appeal said:
They're not going to ban anyone for doing that once, especially if it occurred in the middle of a major XBL outage.

Yeah, I'm sure they have to account for that and just internet going down for people; I'm sure they only do it if it happens several times. Figured it wouldn't hurt to put it out there though :p

zam

My bungie.net spartan hasn't updated in 2-3 weeks now, and yet I play games online almost everyday. Please fix bungle :(

zam said:
My bungie.net spartan hasn't updated in 2-3 weeks now, and yet I play games online almost everyday. Please fix bungle :(
Mine hasn't updated since release day.

In other news, I have been rated Silver again in Arena.

Sordid

Major XBL outage? That'll explain the disconnections, glad it's not just me!

zam said:

I still don't have a Spartan at all :*(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom