• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
catfish said:
I can afford it. I'm annoyed that I have to afford it though i find it hard to believe these were developed between the time of release and now it's obviously just another 'revenue stream'. oh well, that's some other xbox live game that doesn't get purchased I guess.

Im following this train of thought.

Personally though I dont want to throw more money at a game ive already spent much more than I usually would have for. I wish Legendary/ Limited editions of Reach came with 800 MS points or something.

Maps look phenomenal, but im not sure I want to throw down more money this soon. What are the odds that they will be free a few months down the line? The Halo 3 map packs were never free, so im guessing zero chance? :(

Darkflight said:
Just noticed this Shake:
Oh, figures, but that's a shame. Bungie's Americentrism gets everywhere! :D

If it's a question of shipping prizes or whatever, I'll happily forfeit the 360 if I can still enter.

Chorazin

bobs99 ... said:

Personally though I dont want to throw more money at a game ive already spent much more than I usually would have for. I wish Legendary/ Limited editions of Reach came with 800 MS points or something.

Maps look phenomenal, but im not sure I want to throw down more money this soon. What are the odds that they will be free a few months down the line? The Halo 3 map packs were never free, so im guessing zero chance? :(

No, they won't be free. Maybe they will bundle them cheaper in a year, or there will be a sale.

But then you will miss out on playing with people on those maps for quite a while.

voltron said:
Interesting. I wonder how many credits Ill be able to get on score challenge gruntpocalypse on Legendary:D .
If campaign legendary is anything to go by, my guess is not much more than on heroic. =\

wwm0nkey said:
Hey guys check your Cr. Thanks to Live messing up you either gained Cr like me (50k) Lost Cr or just stayed the same.
Is this for real?

bobs99 ... said:
One of them became free, I know because that's the only one I downloaded.

Holy shit. Tempest looks fucking gorgeous. I'm calling it now: That's going to be my favorite map in the game, bar none. Damn. I'd pay 800 MS points alone to play that map. Also: more achievements? Hell yeah!

Thinking back on the last night's game, I'm not going to wallow in self pity, and I actually had a pretty fun time. I stuck Bungie employees with plasma grenades...several times in fact, and my tool of destruction was the plasma grenade, and I don't think anyone can deny that that is an accomplishment in and of itself. I got the most kills on my team, and I got the highest K/D spread. I had a great game, and a great time.

Basically, I'm also saying, "Don't blame me!"

Neuromancer said:
If campaign legendary is anything to go by, my guess is not much more than on heroic. =\

Is this for real?

One of them became free, I know because that's the only one I downloaded.

Yeah the Heroic map pack was free after a while, but the others still cost MS points to this day. I wonder how Bungie's going to handle the community splitting this time around, especially if theres no plans to make the maps free down the line?

bobs99 ... said:

They don't need to give Legendary/Limited people free points because chances are those people will buy the map packs anyway.

Plywood said:
Round 1 (Lost), Round 2 (Won), Round 3 (Lost)

Not really how I expected the Humpday to turn out, but I'm now looking forward to Bungie's
overly self-congratulatory
writeup of the carnage even more. :lol

The new maps all look excellent, and I'm glad that there's an emphasis on larger maps. 800 Spacebucks is a small price to pay for less BTB on Countdown (wtf is this shit).

Deadly Cyclone said:
Were people not ready fir these to cost 800? Every halo 3 map pack did, it shouldn't be a surprise. I'm just glad they aren't more.

My wallet and I were both pleasantly surprised, yes.

Arnie

Why US residents only? If it is just because of shipping difficulties then I'd gladly forfeit the LE 360, I already have a slim. World domination my bollocks.

Sikamikanico said:
Which is bollocks. I can't think of any REAL reason folks from elsewhere can't enter.
Yeah, it's total bullshit. Anyone who owns the damned game should be able to enter the contest. Sorry, guys. :-( Shake, you should finish Sanguine anyway, hopefully the contest won't be the only way to get a map into MM.

DancingJesus said:
Two questions:

1. How come Glacier isn't used in Firefight matchmaking?

2. Why hasn't my B.net Spartan picture been updated?
1.Campaign Spoilers.

2. Player Spartans arent updating due to stat-tracking-server load balancing on b.net

Sikamikanico said:
Which is bollocks. I can't think of any REAL reason folks from elsewhere can't enter.

Obviously this isn't Bungie's fault (it's MS's legal department), but the way these things usually favour the US, you'd figure contests are illegal in 99% of the world, or involve impractical amounts of red tape.

MS can't hope to win major European support if it treats the region like second class citizens. It's bad enough in the UK, and that's the 3rd best supported market (after the US and Canada).

Cuban Legend said:
Campaign Spoilers.

As has been said before, Holdout is worse in that regard, with the
Pillar of Autumn
and whatnot. Inconsistent framerate is probably what's keeping Glacier from matchmaking, but who knows.

Chorazin said:
I wish i could get excited for more cheevos, but after facing the face that I'll never 1000/1000 Reach (FUCK YOU, ITCTHMB), it sours me on it. :(
You'll get it eventually, dude. Just keep at it.

Also: thanks to theultimo for rendering the video.

Im glad the map packs only 800, considering everything seems to be inflating to 1200 these days. Im thinking that ill probably end up buying them on impulse lol.

Hey You

Its lame that its USA only. I would have thought atleast Canada would be allowed to enter.

Does this mean only Americans will be able to have their maps in Reach's MM in the future?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Maps look incredibly awesome, but I'm not going to pay for DLC until they fix a lot of the game's issues, playlists and raise the level cap (which will most likely be when the DLC comes out, oh well).

But I will be gifting the DLC to HaloGAFfers and HBO users as usual, though. :)

Photolysis said:
Obviously this isn't Bungie's fault (it's MS's legal department), but the way these things usually favour the US, you'd figure contests are illegal in 99% of the world, or involve impractical amounts of red tape.

MS can't hope to win major European support if it treats the region like second class citizens. It's bad enough in the UK, and that's the 3rd best supported market (after the US and Canada).

It's so trivial really (it's a video game Sik, calm down) but I can't help being annoyed by it. I read the update (admittedly over my android phone) and was all "Awesome. I'm so going to enter."

Only to have my hopes dashed when it was pointed out to me later. I don't care about the prize (I already have a Reach console), having people play on something you made and enjoy themselves is reward enough.

If it's US residents only because Bungie have only got US consoles available then it's just silly. I really just don't understand why every other region is being excluded.

feel

Domino Theory said:
Maps look incredibly awesome, but I'm not going to pay for DLC until they fix a lot of the game's issues, playlists and raise the level cap (which will most likely be when the DLC comes out, oh well).

:lol :lol That's amazing.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
DancingJesus said:
Two questions:

1. How come Glacier isn't used in Firefight matchmaking?

Frame rate drops probably. I've played it 4 player Firefight with friends and the slow down makes it a bit unfun. It wasn't lag, because same 4 players could play other Firefight maps just fine. That area even chugs a bit in campaign. I can't imagine how badly rocketfight would drag down the framerate. It would probably be fine for Score Attack, but that's about it without a patch to smooth it out.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
bobs99 ... said:
Im glad the map packs only 800, considering everything seems to be inflating to 1200 these days. Im thinking that ill probably end up buying them on impulse lol.

for only 3 maps though? Bleh, I'll still buy it, but I hoped for and expected more. 3 maps isn't going to help the already lackluster map situation.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Letters said:
:lol :lol That's amazing.

Hehe, I know how it sounds, but others will get more value out of the DLC than I will. That's how I see it anyways.

And I can't actually gift the DLC, I have to give 1600 points cards and trust people that they'll spend half of it on the DLC. Maybe they'll just take the card and run and get Rock Band songs, who knows.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Domino Theory said:

That seems kinda backwards, but your charity is cool.

TommyT

bobs99 ... said:

But for just 3 maps!? :\

Dyno

Had some fun last night! A bunch of great games in Rumble Pit. Played some Juggernaut games that had me giggling like a fool.

Also got a 'Killtacular' and a 'Bulltruth' commendation, both of which unlocked avatar helmets. The trickle of unlockable stuff is pretty slow but I like what they've added.

Hey You

Sikamikanico said:
I managed it in Halo 3, and was hoping to repeat it with the remake of my map for Reach. Guess not this time though. :(
Yeah, your map was one of my favorites in Living Dead. I hope it makes a return sometime down the road.

Hey You said:
Yeah, your map was one of my favorites in Living Dead. I hope it makes a return sometime down the road.

Have you seen the new one?

reach_6158992_Full.jpg

TommyT said:
But for just 3 maps!? :\

Yeah im not sure if I will get them, 800 MS points would be an impulse buying price if I saw my friends on the maps. Generally though I agree with Domino Theory - the game has a few issues that bug me. Im not sure I would be happy buying maps for it.

For me it really depends on if those issues are such little niggles that im still playing the game tons in 2 months time. Im not gonna buy DLC for a game I barely play. But I cant see myself NOT playing it. :/

Ill make my decision when the maps are out I guess.

Chorazin

Dax01 said:
You'll get it eventually, dude. Just keep at it.

After 7 hours total of fruitless attempts, I'm just done trying. It's not worth the frustration.

I can beat the game on Legendary Solo, but I can't get one stupid cheevo because the way to unlock it is so fucking arcane.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Sikamikanico said:
Have you seen the new one?

http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww70/JonnieClarko/reach_6158992_Full.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
:O

You're the guy who made the house?

I had fun on your map, it was neat to see and play a house in Halo 3. Nice work, btw.

Hey You said:
Thats pretty awesome. Can you still get on the roof?

Negative, the roof is now out of bounds...no more camping in the loft! :) (Which, lets face it, was a bit sucky in MM)

@ Photolysis - thanks dude. The thread over at Foreghub ain't getting much love sadly. You still play with Skyfish and crew?

@ Plywood - I coforged it with my pal KingBartlett - not a Gaffer, but yeah he should get half the kudos.

Trailer for the new showing gameplay here for those interested.

Neuromancer said:
I'm only disappointed if none of these 3 maps are Firefight maps. Firefight desperately needs new maps.
I really wish we were getting more MP maps so thank god one of the three isn't firefight only. Then again I pretty much just play score attack while waiting for people so I can play MP.

bobs99 ... said:

The obvious comparison is to Modern Warfare 2, which generated a lot of outrage when they sold 5 maps for 1200 points at 240 per map. 3 maps for 800 points is 266 per map. "Remake" arguments aside, MW2 had the better deal, so I'm unsure why the love for the 800 MSP price point versus the 1200 MSP price point. Unless people are just naturally averse to spending more than $10 at a time.

Hugbot

Man I stop by to congratulate HaloGAF on a valiant loss yesterday and I show up to a map pack announcement AND an official forge contest I can finish my map in time to enter? You guys should lose to Bungie more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom