• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Gui_PT said:
Guys, I just got home. Quick, someone post a gif that sums up the humpday!

Did we lose?
Round 1 (Lost):
l8wje.gif

Round 2 (Won):
TR2Jd.gif

Round 3 (Lost):
wDDba.gif

If someone could render, in HD preferably, the game for Team Oonsk linked in this post, that'd be great.

Today's challenges are pretty good. I'll be able to make it to Lt. Colonel Grade 1 because of them today.

theultimo

Dax01 said:
If someone could render, in HD preferably, the game for Team Oonsk linked in this post, that'd be great.

Today's challenges are pretty good. I'll be able to make it to Lt. Colonel Grade 1 because of them today.
I can do SD just fine, is that ok?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Plywood said:
That thing is trash, way off base. http://halocharts.com/reach.php?player=Xenolock

Especially considering I am positive in wins in every playlist, when it says its based off of wins and not stats.
Yeah, it gives me 25 and I was 40+ in I think three playlists in Halo 3. Hell, that's lower than my MLG rating in Halo 3, and I didn't play MLG much.

I think I'm going to have to take a break from Reach unless my connection sorts itself out/gets fixed. The last few days, I am wrestling with stuff like this every third game, and high latency the rest of the time.

And honestly, I don't know what the problem is, because that game was ten minutes ago, and yet now:

And my NAT is Open.

Gui_PT

Cuban Legend said:
Cheer up bro, when you get online msg me so we can work on daily challenges together if you like. If I'm offline then Raptr will catch and send the msg to me with a 5 minute delay to my PC, k?

Sure man, no problem. I may play a bit of Amnesia first, if I feel like crapping my pants.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Shake Appeal said:
Yeah, it gives me 25 and I was 40+ in I think three playlists in Halo 3. Hell, that's lower than my MLG rating in Halo 3, and I didn't play MLG much.

I think I'm going to have to take a break from Reach unless my connection sorts itself out/gets fixed. The last few days, I am wrestling with stuff like this every third game, and high latency the rest of the time.

And honestly, I don't know what the problem is, because that game was ten minutes ago, and yet now:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/990111726.png[IMG][/URL]
[URL=http://www.pingtest.net][IMG]http://www.pingtest.net/result/26029176.png[IMG][/URL]

And my NAT is Open.[/QUOTE]
The problem... is your from Ireland, and you have to face people from all across the globe. :(

edit: beaten

Looks like two BTB (or possibly Invasion/BTB) maps, and a slightly smaller one (Anchor 9)? Nice screenshots, but you really can't tell much about what they are or how they'll play.

No remakes, though, which I think is a good thing (unless they want to give us The Pit).

Edit: Bungie.net delivers.

Sordid said:
Rendered that for you mate.

I'm so jealous of some of the connections here btw, I can only dream of anything over 8 meg. I have to pay £31 for the following connection for double upload speed (it'd normally be ~0.3 meg up!)
Thanks. As you can see from the vid, all that bandwidth doesn't seem to be good for much right now.

Sordid

Shake Appeal said:

Rendered that for you mate.

I'm so jealous of some of the connections here btw, I can only dream of anything over 8 meg. I have to pay £31 for the following connection for double upload speed (it'd normally be ~0.3 meg up!)

:sadface:

Edit: More big team maps :*)

Wizman23

Banned
Plywood said:
Needs more maps, disappointed its only 3. :/

I'm only disappointed if any of those 3 maps are Firefight maps. Competitive desperately needs new maps (especially BTB). One thing that is interesting is that none of those spaces look directly ripped from the campaign like all the other maps.

Two symmetrical maps! Joyous day! And one of them looks like the answer to Hemorrhage.

They also announced the Forgetacular Contest at the bottom of that page. Deadline is 28 November, and there are 7 categories to enter, with 7 limited edition Reach 360s to be won.

Shake Appeal said:
Looks like two BTB (or possibly Invasion/BTB) maps, and a slightly smaller one (Anchor 9)? Nice screenshots, but you really can't tell much about what they are or how they'll play.

No remakes, though, which I think is a good thing (unless they want to give us The Pit).

Edit: Bungie.net delivers.

Anchor 9 sounds interesting.

Can anyone post screens up? - Im at work, and can only view them in teeny-weeny-eye-straino-vision on my Android :(

EDIT: Thanks Plywood, your new post says you'll uploads some pics...

Oh my god, I am so all about Breakpoint. Setting is phenomenal. Reminds me of the first time I saw Containment screens. It's an Invasion map, but hopefully its non-Invasion spawns aren't fucked to all heaven like Spire and Boneyard.

Also Bnet's description makes Tempest sound like a mini-forgeworld. Do want.

Breakpoint looks so fucking rad.

My only concern with the map pack is that Anchor 9 looks a little too similar to Countdown visually.

Kandrick said:
Two 8-16 players and one 2-8. Sounds good, 800 seems a bit high for 3 maps though.

Wat? We are lucky they aren't going the COD route and charging 1200 space bucks. Plus this has been the model for Halo maps since 3.

Eye Drop said:
Official stuff up on Bungie.net

30th of November :O 800 MS points. 250 bonus gamerscore.

And not a tank in sight :D
I hope to god they're forgeable. At first glance I thought Tempest was going to be a Relic re-imagining.

Edit: blargh, I reeed gud:

Tempest also provides players with a huge Forge palette, allowing them to create new custom map variants that can be shared with the community-at-large

This is awesome news. :D

Shake Appeal said:
They also announced the Forgetacular Contest at the bottom of that page. Deadline is 28 November, and there are 7 categories to enter, with 7 limited edition Reach 360s to be won.
Yes! Calling on all HaloGAF to help me make Crown of Flies the best it can be for Team Slayer!!

StUnNeR H2K

Dax01 said:

I can render the games in HD, but will have to be later this evening I'm currently at work. Would there be any interest in doing more than just a render of the film and maybe a render of the highlights through each game?

I'd be much happer if they were all remakes. I want The Pit and Valhalla back (In before Forge World). After being tired of the maps in Reach already I'm not sure I care to buy more maps from same the bucket. Meh.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
STG said:
800 points? too much for me
:/

I can afford it. I'm annoyed that I have to afford it though i find it hard to believe these were developed between the time of release and now it's obviously just another 'revenue stream'. oh well, that's some other xbox live game that doesn't get purchased I guess.

Merguson

Banned
DancingJesus said:
Breakpoint looks so fucking rad.

My only concern with the map pack is that Anchor 9 looks a little too similar to Countdown visually.

Wat? We are lucky they aren't going the COD route and charging 1200 space bucks. Plus this has been the model for Halo maps since 3.

The CoD map packs come out to be cheaper per map, just fyi.

feel

xxjuicesxx said:
Yes everyone PM me your POV and I will cap this morning and upload it all as fast as possible, in crisp Blackmagic HD.
No thanks, I want to forget about all my fail. :lol (very cool of you to be doing this juices)

Shake Appeal said:
Two symmetrical maps! Joyous day! And one of them looks like the answer to Hemorrhage.

Just noticed this Shake:

Each Entrant must be an individual who is a legal resident of the United States and at least 17 years of age.

Wizman23 said:
I'm only disappointed if any of those 3 maps are Firefight maps. Competitive desperately needs new maps (especially BTB). One thing that is interesting is that none of those spaces look directly ripped from the campaign like all the other maps.
I'm only disappointed if none of these 3 maps are Firefight maps. Firefight desperately needs new maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom