• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sikamikanico said:
@ Photolysis - thanks dude. The thread over at Foreghub ain't getting much love sadly. You still play with Skyfish and crew?

When I'm not playing Score Attack, or getting pissed off with the [arena / map balance / spawns / armour abilities / whatever], yeah :lol

Hey You

Hugbot said:
Man I stop by to congratulate HaloGAF on a valiant loss yesterday and I show up to a map pack announcement AND an official forge contest I can finish my map in time to enter? You guys should lose to Bungie more often.
:lol

wwm0nkey said:
You know with this new map pack and the forge contest, the December play list and map list is going to be fucking insane!

Yup, 10 new maps will come CRASHING into matchmaking. It's going to be an all new game again!

as an aside: with bungies new power over gametypes, I was REALLY hoping to see a new gametype come along in the DLC. ahh well :(.

Thanks guys. There's a gametype called Outbreak attached to it which suits the map, I'd recommend it. (should be in the same file set) Any feedback etc please stick it in the Forge thread if you get a chance.

Insaniac

ugh why is there such a proliferation of mutual death in SWAT? I'm literally looking at a replay where the guy I shoot is in his death animation and a bullet just flies out of his falling over body and kills me

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
electricpirate said:
Just checking, did you play offline? that gets around the cap.

if not...

WUT?
Yeah, my net is out, figured i'd do some forging, didn't expect to see new stuff pop up in the armory. Guess that explains it. :lol

New maps look good, and it's nice that they're adding a few more big maps to the mix. Guess I'll try and track down some cheap MS points before that drops at the end of November.

GhaleonEB

DLC looks nice - the 2-1 split for BTB/Invasion is just what the playlists need, and one of the two big ones having another giant Forge palette is the icing on the cake. :D

Red

Insaniac said:
is this also the same reason why I die from a headshot even though the opponents reticule isn't even pointed at me?
How would you know where their reticule is pointed?

Sikamikanico said:
Have you seen the new one?

reach_6158992_Full.jpg
That is awesome looking, wow.

Magni

Darkflight said:
3 days after my birthday, nice!

Didn't know you were my brother's twin :lol

New maps look nice, but I wish we'd gotten another small map :/ Hope Anchor 9 doesn't suck or it'll be 10€ wasted for me..

Halo 3 maps got better with each iteration for me, but for Reach they fell even below the H3 launch quality =(

Crunched said:
How would you know where their reticule is pointed?

I'm assuming he's looking at the saved film. Thing is the save film is your Xbox's perspective, not the hosts or that other players. So if you looked at their film the kill looks clean, as does it from the perspective of the host.

Gui_PT said:
Hey, Campaign MatchMaking comes out tomorrow, right?
Yes. I'd also love to see Glacier finally implemented into Firefight matchmaking. I like variety.

We should also stop having to use campaign spoiler tags after tomorrow. :D

Red

electricpirate said:
I'm assuming he's looking at the saved film. Thing is the save film is your Xbox's perspective, not the hosts or that other players. So if you looked at their film the kill looks clean, as does it from the perspective of the host.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. But if he's watching his own saved film, he can't see the reticule anyway since the he doesn't get a first person view of anyone but himself.

Crunched said:
Yeah that's what I was thinking. But if he's watching his own saved film, he can't see the reticule anyway since the he doesn't get a first person view of anyone but himself.
You can see the reticle in 3rd person, but it isn't in line with where it is in 1st person. That may be where he got the idea from.

Good to hear about more maps coming. We need them. Since Brian Jarrard mentioned The Pit in an interview, I hope that means we'll get at least two map packs from Bungie before they turn things over to 343.

Magni

Sir Fragula said:
New maps look great. Glad they decided to make on heavily Forge-able. Every map pack needs at least one Forge-heavy environment.

I hope we see great things come out of Tempest :D

Gui_PT

The Lamonster said:
Yes. I'd also love to see Glacier finally implemented into Firefight matchmaking. I like variety.

We should also stop having to use campaign spoiler tags after tomorrow. :D

Sweet. Can't wait to try it out.

Kind of torn both ways on the new map pack. On one hand, new maps are needed, especially for BTB and Invasion, so that's a good thing. On the other hand, I would like to see some balancing to invasion before I shell out money for it and matchmaking updates to improve the gametypes on BTB. The 800 points price point isn't that big of a deal, it's the traditional Halo map pack price point, so I'm not worried about that.

I just want to see some matchmaking updates (which I know are coming) and some more Forge maps added to matchmaking (obviously also coming) before I put money down on the Noble Pack. The new maps do look very sweet though, especially the BTB one.

For now I will keep playing H3 until that happens, with occasional Reach firefights.

Hugbot

GhaleonEB said:
Bungie Reach Forgetacular Contest

I might give Crossroads another polish pass and submit it. That or map #2 that I've just started, which ever turns out stronger.
It's definitely the perfect motivation to finish off my Forge map. I've been throwing a few hours at a time into it but have just now (re)built the geometry. After I get spawns and weapons in I'll be hosting some customs on it and any other maps whoever joins wants to test out. We should be able to get a good number of maps playtested pretty hard before the contest is over.

-Yeti said:
What a nice surprise to wake up to. The new maps look really sweet! I just hope the gameplay is as good as the maps look.

Looks are so hard to judge by, Prelease everyone was predicting countdown to suck, based on dislike for orbital/rusty human visuals, but it kind of turned out the other way around.

Magni

Darkshier said:
Kind of torn both ways on the new map pack. On one hand, new maps are needed, especially for BTB and Invasion, so that's a good thing. On the other hand, I would like to see some balancing to invasion before I shell out money for it and matchmaking updates to improve the gametypes on BTB. The 800 points price point isn't that big of a deal, it's the traditional Halo 3 map pack price point, so I'm not worried about that.

I just want to see some matchmaking updates (which I know are coming) and some more Forge maps added to matchmaking (obviously also coming) before I put money down on the Noble Pack. The new maps do look very sweet though, especially the BTB one.

For now I will keep playing H3 until that happens, with occasional Reach firefights.

fixed

I don't care anymore, but people are so quick to forget :lol

I really, really, really, ... , really hope that at least two maps from the next map pack are small arena maps, one symmetrical and one asymmetrical. And that we get sweet community maps for competitive 4v4 in MM in the meantime.

MagniHarvald said:
fixed

I don't care anymore, but people are so quick to forget :lol

I really, really, really, ... , really hope that at least two maps from the next map pack are small arena maps, one symmetrical and one asymmetrical. And that we get sweet community maps for competitive 4v4 in MM in the meantime.
Heh, sorry about that. I forgot about H2's lower price points and eventually free (sponsored) map packs. Would be awesome if another company like Mt. Dew would sponsor these maps packs and make them free after a few months.

Will be interesting to see how the new mappack is worked into matchmaking. Will it have its own playlist to start, eventually integrating into other playlists?

Raide

I expected at least another FF map in the Map Pack. I also wonder if it includes any additions for Forge.

I will have to get it, else I get locked out of certain MM stuff. :lol

Oozer3993

This contest might be the motivation I need to finally get started on the Invasion map I've been toying with in my head for awhile. I just need to figure out something for the first stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom