• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

FourDoor

Indeed, thanks for the insight mancannon. That is great news to hear that a formal process is in the works outside of the contest as I got the impression from the beginning that ForgeWorld was Bungie's parting gift to the community to keep the game alive forever with new content. If we get some kind of basic explanation as to why a map was rejected or not down the road like what we got in Atlast, I think that should be fine. For now, everyone will want to win that signed Halo Reach 360.

NOKYARD said:
Sure, i want a much larger list, but i don't want to have to go through pages and pages of Friend Requests to find my actual friends should i have a map published.

Please be a way to block or filter requests so they do not get added to the top of your current friends list, or at least add them to the bottom of the current list.

This.

I keep my friends list maxed out at 100 all the time to keep away unwanted friend requests. Now it's going to be harder to hide the fact that I don't want to be your friend. :lol

GhaleonEB

NOKYARD said:
Sure, i want a much larger list, but i don't want to have to go through pages and pages of Friend Requests to find my actual friends should i have a map published.

Please be a way to block or filter requests so they do not get added to the top of your current friends list, or at least add them to the bottom of the current list.
Yeah I want to be able to flag Friends and Best Friends. Or perhaps, Friends and Acquaintances. :lol

If the list is that long, they'll need to provide a way for people to bucket them, or build sub-lists ala Twitter. Perhaps up to 10 user-named categories, with 100 per list.

Of course, I have like 60 people on my list, so...

Dax01 said:
Alright, I put everyone who is available on a waiting list. Order is in which each person said they were available.

@Self Induced, man you been here for awhile. I still consider you a poster.
Anyway I can get on the list?

I've been here for a while now, not sure what the 'cut off' is...

Well I go away from the Internet for 2 days and I miss a HaloGAF vs Bungie AND a new Map Pack announcement...

Crazy stuff -

New maps look interesting, can't wait to give 'em a try.

MrBig

Loving the new maps. Much more visually appealing than the current batch.
Can't tell how anchor 9 will play, I just hope its not like orbital again. Tempest looks to be my favorite and the rightful successor to the canyon map. I can't tell how breakpoint will play either, but I'm glad we're getting another invasion map.

Devin Olsen said:
Well I go away from the Internet for 2 days and I miss a HaloGAF vs Bungie AND a new Map Pack announcement...

Crazy stuff -

New maps look interesting, can't wait to give 'em a try.
??? I see nothing about this on b.net

StUnNeR H2K

1000 friends? Hopefully it includes some way to sort/group friends? Maybe have a way to put RL friends in a group, XBL friends in a group and family in a group? Doubt this will be an option, but would be nice... will for sure help out with finding people to play Reach with though. :D

Raide

StUnNeR H2K said:
1000 friends? Hopefully it includes some way to sort/group friends? Maybe have a way to put RL friends in a group, XBL friends in a group and family in a group? Doubt this will be an option, but would be nice... will for sure help out with finding people to play Reach with though. :D

Group/Clan Support! That would be a perfect way.

StUnNeR H2K said:
That'd be great. If AOL buddy lists could have groups like 10 years ago, you'd think MS could figure something like that out for Xbox Live.

Sai

Oh, wow! We had a Humpday with Bungie? :eek:

Oh, wow! We lost?! :lol

[EDIT] - Just recalled when the teams were being set up a while back. Would've liked to take part, but I can't really call myself a regular anymore.

GhaleonEB

Well, shit. Back when I first starting working on my first Forge map, it was like an itch and bugged me all day long; I wanted to be working on it. Thanks to a break since I mostly finished the map, the Forge competition and finally locking onto what I'm doing for map #2, the itch is back. I don't want to be at work now, I've got more important stuff to do. :lol

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
cuevas said:
I was watching the games and I kept thinking "from the beginning you know the end"

but instead of reach getting glassed, HaloGAF does.

:(

HaloGAF had a bunch of MAC guns set up, Red Team in-system and the largest defensive fleet and military shipyards in human space. Bungie came in, deployed the retcon generators - bypassing our defences, and HaloGAF was glassed. =\

MrBig

mturk.jpg

zumphry

Banned
Man, Tempest looks awesome. The background reminds me of Delta Halo's temples, the Citadel/Epitaph like towers, and those Dreadnaughts from the shield world in Halo Wars. Gonna love it. Also reminds me of some Halo PC/Mac maps.

Anchor 9 also looks cool. Hopefully the space portions aren't bad.

And hopefully the achievements aren't "Kill 9 people in Lone Wolves with the Concussion Rifle" or "Get 30 assists in one game of Big Team". I hope Bungie keeps them the same quality/not infuriating-ness of the base achievements and the Legendary/Mythic ones from 3.

Gui_PT said:
Guys, I just got home. Quick, someone post a gif that sums up the humpday!

Did we lose?

2d0ysd2.jpg

Dani said:
HaloGAF had a bunch of MAC guns set up, Red Team in-system and the largest defensive fleet and military shipyards in human space. Bungie came in, deployed the retcon generators - bypassing our defences, and HaloGAF was glassed. =\
wtf :lol

ManCannon

The Lamonster said:
??? I see nothing about this on b.net

In due time. It takes Urk a while to write up that much glowing praise for games 1 and 3. And we just had to take a break to partake in some Tempest playtests to help the video crew get footage for an upcoming trailer. :D

Stantron

I'm having a ton of fun with firefight. Would be nice if matchmaking went past just one round. I wanna get some sprees with the sword/hammer but there is never enough time/enemies. Also, being able to play with just one other buddy instead of always a group of four would be nice too.

Stantron said:
I'm having a ton of fun with firefight. Would be nice if matchmaking went past just one round. I wanna get some sprees with the sword/hammer but there is never enough time/enemies. Also, being able to play with just one other buddy instead of always a group of four would be nice too.
All of that, but especially this.

I think we will see the OG "endless firefight" in matchmaking eventually. But what I really want is Score Attack or similar mode with just my party.

ManCannon said:
In due time. It takes Urk a while to write up that much glowing praise for games 1 and 3. And we just had to take a break to partake in some Tempest playtests to help the video crew get footage for an upcoming trailer. :D
Come on. Invasion Slayer on Hemorrhage. :( The elites are really lucky to get the focus rifle. Focus rifle the best weapon for one shot one kill. Wait a sec. argh damn it. :lol But I'm really lucky that I'm that good as three bungie developer. Btw if you come back to germany, we have to do the "Beer drinking Challenge".

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
ManCannon said:
I want a rematch.

ManCannon

Neuromancer said:
All of that, but especially this.

I think we will see the OG "endless firefight" in matchmaking eventually. But what I really want is Score Attack or similar mode with just my party.

Urk will have some news in the weekly update tomorrow for Lars' Firefight matchmaking plans - the first of which are included in the xbox live matchmaking update NEXT WEEK.

TommyT

Devin Olsen said:
Sounds good! (lets try and get some more people first though)

Anyone else down for some Spontaneous GAF Customs?

If you guys are still doing them when I get out of work (hopefully in the next 30 min) I'll be down to join. Will see what's going down from the friend list when I'm off. PLAY LONG TIME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom