• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gui_PT

Sai-kun said:
Team 1? No we didn't. Plasma Launcher aka worthless weapon

Yeah, I edited it because I was thinking about the wrong team :lol

Had they not controlled the laser spawn, that banshee would've been useless

I like the acknowledgement that, Banshee aside, we were winning the infantry battle. I don't know who used up our three, though, because I certainly never got to ride in one. :(

Sai-kun

Banned
Gui_PT said:
Yeah, I edited it because I was thinking about the wrong team :lol

Had they not controlled the laser spawn, that banshee would've been useless

There is no laser there in Elite Slayer.

It wouldn’t be completely accurate to label this squad NeedlerGAF, but with Dax on the team our guys knew that they’d be more than proficient wielding Halo: Reach’s more skill-based blamite weaponry.

Represent! lol.

Shake Appeal said:
I like the acknowledgement that, Banshee aside, we were winning the infantry battle. I don't know who used up our three, though, because I certainly never got to ride in one. :(
I managed to grab the banshee once, and I got killed by dirtydrew by a fuel rod shot from his banshee, but by then the game was nearly over and it would not have made a difference.

Gui_PT

Sai-kun said:
It's very useless against a banshee.

Don't agree. But you were in the match and I wasn't, so you'd know better in that situation

Edit: Anyone interested in a few matches?

Edit 2: Anyone having trouble redeeming codes on xbl?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I guess that friggin' Xbox Live has problems again right now, since one of my friends has been kicked off about three times in the last 20 minutes playing Dead Rising 2 alone, and now thanks to XBL, I got disconnected from my very first Halo Reach match - I've never even been booted even - great.

Just when I was going to get the asshole who was camping on top of Asylum with a sniper at the very start of the match.

Skilotonn said:
I guess that friggin' Xbox Live has problems again right now, since one of my friends has been kicked off about three times in the last 20 minutes playing Dead Rising 2 alone, and now thanks to XBL, I got disconnected from my very first Halo Reach match - I've never even been booted even - great.

Just when I was going to get the asshole who was camping on top of Asylum with a sniper at the very start of the match.

This was happening to me a lot yesterday, I now have 2 DNF in Reach because I lost connection, which is stupid.

Lazslo

That was a nice write up Urkski. The new maps look pretty cool, I was a little taken back that DLC was coming in hot already, but I guess its only 2 weeks before the Heroic Map Pack came out in 2007 and if you figure in the difference between the ship dates- its pretty much the same as H3. There doesn't seem to be an arena style map but it all looks good. I still haven't played all the firefight maps yet, wild.

Trasher

Would have liked to see 4 maps so we could get 2 smaller 4v4 maps, and then the 2 BTB maps. Oh well. At least we are getting new maps soon.

Mr. Sam

Hey You said:
I'm stoked about the Infection playlist :D

reddeadredemptionundead.jpg

Edit: Beaten. In a way.

GhaleonEB

Nice catch, Raide, looks like the new playlists are all posted on b.net. The Co-op Campaign is listed as well, with Norma, Heroic and Legendary difficulty. It sounds like the set up will be, the game will display one mission, and players vote on the difficulty, or veto for a new game type. It's similar to the Score Attack playlist where the maps are picked one at a time but you can vote for gametype or veto for a new map.

I don't see any Firefight playlist changes, though, so I'll have to await Larzy's scoop tomorrow.

Louis Wu

Domino Theory said:
Halo: Reach sold 3.3 million units in September. Exact same as Halo 3's numbers in September 2007.

Talk about consistency. o_O
Ooh... that's not a good thing at all.

Reach was on sale for 16 days in September 2010, while Halo 3 only had 5 days in September 2007.

And the Xbox 360 installed base more than doubled in that time. :(

You sure of your numbers?

Kuroyume

Banned
Awful Halo 3 and ODST did a lot to weaken the series... Yeah, it's silly to say that seeing as how it matched Halo 3's crazy numbers but as previously pointed out it should be bigger.

Striker

Team Snipers and a Living Dead playlist incoming.

At least it will clean up most others. They should just re-name the Living Dead playlist to Action Sack where we play gimmicky game modes.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
CrazedArabMan said:
This was happening to me a lot yesterday, I now have 2 DNF in Reach because I lost connection, which is stupid.

Yeah, yesterday was definitely a general problem, luckily I wasn't online at the time or else I would have been pissed.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
:lol :lol :lol That Humpday write-up is hilarious! LOL holy shit.

"DETECTING ULTRA HIGH LEVELS OF DPM. SERVER UPLOAD FAILURE."

:lol

"In the meantime, we do have some fuzzy team recollections to offer to help set the stage for Game 2’s shenanigans."

LOL

“I'm pretty sure my grenades were shot out of the air and exploded in my face multiple times during this game. Everyone on our team went negative. Now I know what Vietnam was like.”

Hahahaha

Great read.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Louis Wu said:

Reach was on sale for 16 days in September 2010, while Halo 3 only had 5 days in September 2007.

:(
thought Reach could top MW2 at least

oh well...

Sean

Banned
Louis Wu said:

Halo 3 had 12 days in the reporting period actually: "In its first 12 days on sale, Microsoft's sci-fi first-person shooter sold 3.3 million copies in the US alone": http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/halo3/news.html?sid=6181307

Still a bit worse, but not that bad IMO.

Trasher

Dax01 said:
*checks messages on XBL*

And here come the friend requests...
Make sure to post all the hate messages!

There will be classics everyone is familiar with like: "You lost to Bungle?! NEWB! LOLOLOL"

And who can forget: "GET SHIT ON *%$!"

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
My forge map is coming along great, called "The Isle."

Can someone explain spawns though? I know about initial spawns and respawns, but what are the spawn zones? For example, how would I make it so if the red team's base is getting hammered, the red team spawns a ways away?

urk said:
I was in a weird place then!
Unfortunately the humpday article isnt loading for me. Is bungie.net broken?

Deadly Cyclone said:

Can someone explain spawns though? I know about initial spawns and respawns, but what are the spawn zones? For example, how would I make it so if the red team's base is getting hammered, the red team spawns a ways away?
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=50680258
?

GhaleonEB

Deadly Cyclone said:

Here's how I did it. It works pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom