• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trasher

UltimaPooh said:
I didn't commit suicide. It was during the early part of Invasion Slayer where we were fighting on the left side cave on the cliff. I threw a stick up into the cave as Hyper ran in and betrayed him.

But yes it does negate any points that kill has.

At least I didn't come out negative, which was my whole goal that entire terrible game, was to not be the one guy with a negative at the end.
Oh haha.

Edit: Wait a second, a lot of you were negative that game though because you guys lost haha. You were negative 9!

Sikamikanico said:
Have you seen the new one?

reach_6158992_Full.jpg

I know I'm quoting an old post, but I just wanted to say that I brought this map and the Outbreak! gametype into my regular Thursday evening Halo group. It was a blast! I can't say enough about how good it was. I do worry about what would happen if I played with a group where everyone could consistently pull headshots (there are lots of long sight lines) but it's the most fun I've had with Infection to date.

Trasher said:
Oh haha.

Edit: Wait a second, a lot of you were negative that game though because you guys lost haha. You were negative 9!

Negative score... not negative k/d.

Yeah I came in dead last... It's shameful.

Trasher

divisionbyzorro said:
I know I'm quoting an old post, but I just wanted to say that I brought this map and the Outbreak! gametype into my regular Thursday evening Halo group. It was a blast! I can't say enough about how good it was. I do worry about what would happen if I played with a group where everyone could consistently pull headshots (there are lots of long sight lines) but it's the most fun I've had with Infection to date.
That house is pretty sweet looking. What's it like inside?

UltimaPooh said:
Negative score... not negative k/d.

Yeah I came in dead last... It's shameful.
Ah. When I think of "negative" I usually think of K/D spread.

krakov

Played a game of doubles Arena on Countdown where the other two guys went hiding for the whole game, found them once high up in the lift room but have no idea where they went after that. Also played some games where the other team would go hiding as soon as they had the advantage, I'm guessing it's some kind of meta sport since you'll end up with a shitty rating anyways.

On another note, doubles Arena is awesome, by far my favorite playlist.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
The Valhalla vibe I was getting from Tempest has been slowly eroded away by the harsh and flowing reality of time.

The central Forerunner structure bares a passing resemblance to one of Valhalla bases and this is where the similarities seem to end, abruptly. What little I can see of the base design it looks quite different and certainly bigger. The lack of being able to see the two bases distinctly it giving me a hard time picturing the overall layout.

I'm hoping we'll see manly canons on each side and hopefully a nice, attractive and open focal point in the middle and the level trashes the "cereal bowl" style sight lines that Blood Gulch "pioneered".

Looking forward to the seeing video footage.

Miggytronz

K/d went up to 1.50 and I went positive mostly all night! Only lost 2 matches out of the 10+ me and my friends played.

damn i feel good

fuckyeah.gif

Domino Theory said:
And I can't actually gift the DLC, I have to give 1600 points cards and trust people that they'll spend half of it on the DLC. Maybe they'll just take the card and run and get Rock Band songs, who knows.
If you can only send out 1600 points, I personally think that 800 should be used for the map pack and the other 800 should be given on to another GAFer... but I think MS got rid of MS point sharing?

MrDaravon

Stormtrooper30 said:
If you can only send out 1600 points, I personally think that 800 should be used for the map pack and the other 800 should be given on to another GAFer... but I think MS got rid of MS point sharing?

Yeah, you can't gift points anymore. Was a huge pain in the ass when I was gifting map packs before, wound up having to do weird paypal stuff with people :lol

I think there are supposedly 800 point cards out there, but I've only actually heard of someone seeing them once, maybe they killed them off fast or something.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Stormtrooper30 said:

There was never point sharing.

zumphry

Banned
All day today I've been close to filling bars. One Spartan Army? 10 kills away after the end of two games of Score Attack. More than a Handful? 1 kill left after a few games of SWAT and Invasion. Now, I'm just about ~900 credits away from Major. Maybe I will be able to get to Lt. Colonel by Monday (nah).

Its sad I spend more time in this thread than playing reach because I have ADD and while I'm studying/doing hw I keep refreshing this and checking facebook. I hate school.

feel

Started my Legendary playthrough tonight, already cleared 2 levels, hard yet very fun so far. I'm dreading getting to some parts that already were tough on Heroic.

Barrow Roll said:
That looks pretty wicked. If Bungie added maps like these into the playlists then I might actually want to play Infection.

Anyone up for some multiplayer?

Glad you guys like it! We tried to get it out into the wild in time for HALOween.

*swells with pride*

divisionbyzorro said:

I found that Sprint helped, plus with random spawns and no radar the humans really have to pull a miracle out of the bag!

Working on a Safe Havens Gametype where the Haven replenishes or at least gives you infinite ammo for a limited time. So the survivors have to to fight from haven to haven. They can still die while inside, but the ammo makes it worth it. Going to be testing it tonight, so will see how it goes.

GhaleonEB

Cuban Legend said:
fucking pussies i see needlessly whining/trolling about the price in the Reach DLC thread are making me laugh.
I get a kick out of each spin-off Halo thread and how they tailspin. It's like a vacuum.

Thought I'd mention that in the midst of humpday drama yesterday I wrote a bunch on the Forge blog. I'm going to try and pick up the pace of the writing, as I want to get through this map development and make the blog a little more real time, so it's not looking back so far; you guys all know where this one is heading.

I was able to go through Crossroads tonight and make a ton of small improvements - smoothing stuff out, getting areas more tidy, adding some bits here and there. And all while extracting another $600 in budget so I could do more polish. Happy happy joy joy. I'd like to try Assault on the new version this weekend's customs. :D

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
GhaleonEB said:
I get a kick out of each spin-off Halo thread and how they tailspin. It's like a vacuum.

Thought I'd mention that in the midst of humpday drama yesterday I wrote a bunch on the Forge blog. I'm going to try and pick up the pace of the writing, as I want to get through this map development and make the blog a little more real time, so it's not looking back so far; you guys all know where this one is heading.

I was able to go through Crossroads tonight and make a ton of small improvements - smoothing stuff out, getting areas more tidy, adding some bits here and there. And all while extracting another $600 in budget so I could do more polish. Happy happy joy joy. I'd like to try Assault on the new version this weekend's customs. :D

Blogging is fucking hard. I was going to do the Competitive Edge one and I had a bunch of ideas but I sat down to write it and I just couldn't. If my capture program on my PC was not giving me such a fucking headache right now I would much rather made videos showing all the different things I want to. But sometimes I can sit here on GAF and write a long ass post about why certain maps and gametypes don't work. What's wrong with them, how to fix them. I've written long posts about strategies and set ups, flag juggling, assists, spawn systems. I don't know why I can't just put it into blog form.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106 said:
Blogging is fucking hard. I was going to do the Competitive Edge one and I had a bunch of ideas but I sat down to write it and I just couldn't. If my capture program on my PC was not giving me such a fucking headache right now I would much rather made videos showing all the different things I want to. But sometimes I can sit here on GAF and write a long ass post about why certain maps and gametypes don't work. What's wrong with them, how to fix them. I've written long posts about strategies and set ups, flag juggling, assists, spawn systems. I don't know why I can't just put it into blog form.
1) Go to GAF
2) Write what you want to say, don't post it here
3) ?????
4) Blogfit!!1

Tashi

Plywood said:
1) Go to GAF
2) Write what you want to say, don't post it here
3) ?????
4) Blogfit!!1

Lol, that's not a bad idea. Usually my posts on GAF aren't as thought out and planned as I would like them to be though. They're just rants basically.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106 said:
Lol, that's not a bad idea. Usually my posts on GAF aren't as thought out and planned as I would like them to be though. They're just rants basically.
I have a blog which I basically use to barf out write out whatever thought I have at the moment, I've been using it as a way of improving my writing. You should to, because even if they're rants at first, you can refine your rants (as you get better at it) into constructive criticism.

..I'll be sure to take my own advice about constructive criticism. :lol

GhaleonEB said:

That was a great read Ghaleon, and the map is looking great.

oatmeal

Banned
Fuck. Armor. Lock.

Most overpowered piece of shit in the game.

What they need to do to fix it:

1. Don't allow people to spam it, if you use it once, you have to wait 2-3 seconds to reuse.
2. Don't let your shields come back. It should be USING your shields to keep it going, not just covering you.
3. Don't let it break a sticky. That's just bullshit.
4. If I'm standing close to them, don't get rid of my shields when they come out. No other AA hurts anyone but AL. That's bullshit.

Tashi

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm watching Hell's Kitchen. I've never seen this show, I just got linked to it on Hulu, some random episode.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/185224/hells-kitchen-9-chefs-compete-part-2

So yea once you get passed the ads, wait for the beginning. Within the first minute you'll hear the Grunt Birthday Party effect. You know, the, "Hoooraaaaayyy!!!"

I was totally not expecting to hear it :lol :lol

I had to share this lol

Trasher

Tashi0106 said:
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm watching Hell's Kitchen. I've never seen this show, I just got linked to it on Hulu, some random episode.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/185224/hells-kitchen-9-chefs-compete-part-2

So yea once you get passed the ads, wait for the beginning. Within the first minute you'll hear the Grunt Birthday Party effect. You know, the, "Hoooraaaaayyy!!!"

I was totally not expecting to hear it :lol :lol

I had to share this lol
Haha. Maybe it's a stock sound effect like the Wilhelm scream.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
GhaleonEB said:

where are all your forge maps? I want to play them.

GhaleonEB said:

Has anyone from Bungie been in contact about why the Revenant acts so crazy on your map? Would be great if it could make a return (maybe for customs leave it in as we don't seem to mind the odd incident as it's more fun than a ghost)

Falt

Shootin' and Lootin' - 4000cR
Kill 400 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

A Great Friend - 900cR
Earn 15 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.

No 'I' in Team - 360cR
Earn 6 assists in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

Up Close and Personal - 250cR
Kill 5 enemies with close quarters combat in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

Inconsistent credits ftw, right?!

I'm gonna go do 4 rounds of firefight of those 4000k credits and gonna run through MultiTeam with Hypertrooper for a bit to grab the assits and cqc.

Tashi

Falt said:
Shootin' and Lootin' - 4000cR
Kill 400 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

A Great Friend - 900cR
Earn 15 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.

No 'I' in Team - 360cR
Earn 6 assists in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

Up Close and Personal - 250cR
Kill 5 enemies with close quarters combat in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

Inconsistent credits ftw, right?!

Holy shit I might just get every one today and that would mean I get the weekly too right?

Falt

I'm going to continue my Legendary run to make a dint on the 400 kills. Invasion is usally good for Assists and now that I think about it, the CQC.

Tashi0106 said:
Holy shit I might just get every one today and that would mean I get the weekly too right?

That'd do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom