• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bah, I keep seeing the number 117 everywhere I go. I just did a search for a file and, sure enough, it was file 117. I keep waking up at 1:17 am. It's driving me mad!

Red

Major Williams said:
Anyone else noticing their k/d is lower/higher in Reach?

I used to have a nice 1.5 k/d in Halo 3, now, 1.15 in Reach. My buddy was the opposite, and he's now better than me in H3.:lol

And I can tell his trueskill is higher when I play with him too - our opponents are much higher skilled than when I play alone :lol And I had a damn 50 in Halo 3 too. I am outclassed in Reach now... too much CoD?
My k/d in H3 was .8 or something. Something pretty rough. I played a lot of it initially and then took a long break. When I came back to it I went negative basically every game (I assume trueskill was matching me up with players I would have been equal to prior to when I stopped playing).

1.24 right now in Reach, and it goes up every game I play.

My K/D in Halo 3 was ~1.2 in ranked and ~1.5 in social.

In Reach my overall K/D is ~1.3, which I guess makes sense given TrueSkill, and the fact that I play a lot of Arena, where my K/D is currently 0.97. :(

For the first few days my K/D was well above 2, but it's steadily dropped ever since.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Good lord. I hope the banhammer hits this one hard.

god that makes me angry.

In Reach my overall K/D is ~1.3, which I guess makes sense given TrueSkill, and the fact that I play a lot of Arena, where my K/D is currently 0.97. :(

For the first few days my K/D was well above 2, but it's steadily dropped ever since.

I was doing great and getting close to 1.3. Then I started playing rumble pit alot (due to the rampant quits of team games)

then infection came up 5 in a row..... getting closer to 1 now. But if truskill works out, it should be like that right?

Shake Appeal said:

My K/D is currently 1.91.

*flexes*

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I had ~.9 in halo 3 ranked, ~1.1 in social. Reach right now is at 1.3, which surprised me because I missed the beta and expected it to be a lot harder to get into. I really wonder what I'd be at without all the SWAT/Snipers bullshit, though.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
squidhands said:
Sounds great. A pretty thorough spawn guide for the standard modes (the Invasion one was excellent) would go an incredibly long way for forgers like myself.

Yes please

ManCannon said:
Not for October but sure, it's possible down the road if something awesome (and appropriate) is created and brought to Lars' attention. He already has some cool plans to beef up FF with the November update by adding more playlists and more options (Unlimited? yes! Legendary? Yes!, etc..)

I did hear that friendly fire is being turned off in Firefight next week though.. and regular FF will be extended so games can last longer.
Awesome news!!! Not sure the matches need to be longer though, remember that was a complaint about ODST's firefight. They lasted forever. =\

I think the k/d in halo 3 is more representative of the truth. It's really pretty easy to boost your k/d higher in reach since all the competitive games are compiled in it. Meaning that +50 you got with the scorpion tank in BTB will show up under your "competitive" k/d in reach. In halo 3 it would have been part of your social k/d ratio.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Hugbot said:
New firefight modes (and Legendary) in MM sound awesome, hopefully we'll get some firefight versus up in.

Instead of adding new modes maybe they can actually make Firefight as smooth as MP.

Shoogoo

Metalic Sand said:
Instead of adding new modes maybe they can actually make Firefight as smooth as MP.

This. The connection indicator thing is all green on my side but I feel like I'm playing holiday on ice

Definity

NameGenerated said:
Fuckin' SWAT....
Would be so awesome if the announcer dude said that at the start of a Swat Game. "Fuckin' Swat". Dude already sounds pissed off enough just when he says "SWAT".

Still not going to make the game type any more fun though.

vhfive

Shake Appeal said:

sigh
I just checked and you're silver. I have a K/D of 1.37 in arena and yet I'm bronze.

and its not even showing me which percentile I'm in so I don't even know if I'm close to silver (which is honestly where I thought I would end up)

RAAAAAAGE

vhfive said:
sigh
I just checked and you're silver. I have a K/D of 1.37 in arena and yet I'm bronze.

and its not even showing me which percentile I'm in so I don't even know if I'm close to silver (which is honestly where I thought I would end up)

RAAAAAAGE

It's not about your k/d in arena ranking.

Definity said:
Would be so awesome if the announcer dude said that at the start of a Swat Game. "Fuckin' Swat". Dude already sounds pissed off enough just when he says "SWAT".

Still not going to make the game type any more fun though.

:lol I say it myself anyway, fuckin SWAT. Has a ring to it.

EDIT - as for aim hack guy, anyone with a GT of "Grrrrrr u mad bro" deserves to get banned for that alone.

PalaceBrother said:
I got booted from a Rocketfight match after the voice over congratulated us on our victory. Brutal. Can't wait to see that system get changed.
Even if you get booted you should still get credit for the things you did in that round.

Will there ever be a cR reward for the winning team? because right now although I love to play to win too many people wait for the sniper to spawn or try to hog the heavy vehicles just to get kills, while me putting my neck out on the line to win a match get's less cR (one would presume as i'm dieing much more often)

Sometimes it feels like halo matches mean deathmatch no matter what gametype.

MikeDub said:
Anyone for customs in about 30minutes (8:30 GMT)?
yes plz but I am in the reachGAF3 friends list, not many people are right now.

vhfive

zero margin said:
It's not about your k/d in arena ranking.

:lol I say it myself anyway, fuckin SWAT. Has a ring to it.

EDIT - as for aim hack guy, anyone with a GT of "Grrrrrr u mad bro" deserves to get banned for that alone.
you're right it's about your K+A/D which mine is still better
mine being 1.62 and his being 1.23

EDIT and its not like I'm hiding in a corner we average basically the same amount of kills per game right around 11.5

Chorazin

taylor910 said:
You can also pull everything up on bungie.net, which is free.

Sure, but Bungie.net isn't exactly iPhone friendly. Plus, I like supporting people who make useful things, and $2 is nothing.

Diablohead said:
Will there ever be a cR reward for the winning team? because right now although I love to play to win too many people wait for the sniper to spawn or try to hog the heavy vehicles just to get kills, while me putting my neck out on the line to win a match get's less cR (one would presume as i'm dieing much more often)

Sometimes it feels like halo matches mean deathmatch no matter what gametype.
Yeah there should be a bonus for winning, seems strange that there's not.

I'd buy the iphone app if it did some cool unique things with the data such as weekly bar charts or something, while it's just a website data into app displaying thing i'll pass.

GhaleonEB

chase said:
I love that everyone here hates SWAT. Fits in with my history with GAF perfectly. SWAT is fantastic.
SWAT can be fun. It's not my thing, but I like the occasional game of it.

But it's also a game type that runs counter to everything that Halo is about, as it strips the sandbox out completely and upends the gameplay. So it's understandable why people who like to play Halo also don't like to play lots of SWAT, as the things they love about Halo are not there. That said, I think the issue for most is the frequency, not the game type itself.

vhfive said:

EDIT and its not like I'm hiding in a corner we average basically the same amount of kills per game right around 11.5

Maybe he's putting more shots on? I don't get how it works either but then again I've played in two arena games. :lol

two things

1) I really wish I could search by tag on my local xbox fileshare. I want to test out gaf maps, but I can't really remember what they are.

2) Need RSS feeds for individual files and file shares, and the ability to autoupdate items when they change. Subscribing to Fileshare slots would be awesome.

These forge pieces are really exciting to hear, thanks Brian/Urk!

Man, I think ForgeGAF needs to arrange a map testing night. There are some REALLY cool things happening over there.

feel

chase said:
I love that everyone here hates SWAT. Fits in with my history with GAF perfectly. SWAT is fantastic.
The gametype itself is nice, I like to play it once in a while to mix things up. But it's too different, most people hate to be forced to play it when they just want to do some regular golden box gameplay.

Tadale

I actually love SWAT. It's a nice change of pace from normal slayer in the arena playlists, so when I'm playing Team Slayer it's usually what I'll vote on.

I just had an awesome moment on Reach. Sniping people out of vehicles has always been a guilty pleasure of mine, all the way back to Halo 1 - sure it can be a waste of sniper ammo, but when you snipe a gunner and driver out its just so satisfying.

Just now me and a friend of mine simultaneusly sniped the gunner and passenger out of a hog, it wasnt planned, and we were both pretty shocked at it, I wonder what theyre driver must have been thinking. :lol

I must admit, on my end it was pretty flukey, I missed my first shot, and wasted a shot trying to get the driver afterwards, but my friend literally had one bullet left and made it count.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=3764633&player=bobs99

TommyT

I can't tell if I'm playing the wrong game type or if I'm just not playing enough but... how are people getting the most credits? I spend most of my time in Competitive and Arena. Maybe it's because I'm not leveling up the commendations as much in firefight matchmaking and campaign?

Hey You

TommyT said:
I can't tell if I'm playing the wrong game type or if I'm just not playing enough but... how are people getting the most credits? I spend most of my time in Competitive and Arena. Maybe it's because I'm not leveling up the commendations as much in firefight matchmaking and campaign?
The way most others are....Gruntpocolypse.

Hugbot

bobs99 ... said:
I just had an awesome moment on Reach. Sniping people out of vehicles has always been a guilty pleasure of mine, all the way back to Halo 1 - sure it can be a waste of sniper ammo, but when you snipe a gunner and driver out its just so satisfying.

Just now me and a friend of mine simultaneusly sniped the gunner and passenger out of a hog, it wasnt planned, and we were both pretty shocked at it, I wonder what theyre driver must have been thinking. :lol

I must admit, on my end it was pretty flukey, I missed my first shot, and wasted a shot trying to get the driver afterwards, but my friend literally had one bullet left and made it count.

Rendering this out for you, senor.

ElRenoRaven

bobs99 ... said:

Bah you're lucky I'm being lazy today. You get a render cause I don't feel like downloading it. lol

Also it would have helped to get both being sniped out. That would have been a better clip.

Diablohead said:
You arena K/D ladies need to come play Invasion with the real, big, strong men.

I was having a lot more fun with Invasion before, but it needs more than 2 maps. Some people on HBO have actually forged some Invasion maps together, I would love to see those in rotation.

The Lamonster said:
Elites are nerfed at the moment, IMO. No thanks.
Yes, they are ;_;

It was silly for bungie to not design some kind of spiker pistol gun which would function similar to the human's pistol, to you know, keep things balanced.

vhfive said:

If it helps, I was down at 0.9 or something at one stage and was in Bronze, but then I started playing better. The boost for winning games also helps, I guess. And even K&A/D doesn't matter, just raw numbers of Ks and As, really.

You can easily make silver if you just go on a streak of good results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom