• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
ManCannon said:
Not for October but sure, it's possible down the road if something awesome (and appropriate) is created and brought to Lars' attention. He already has some cool plans to beef up FF with the November update by adding more playlists and more options (Unlimited? yes! Legendary? Yes!, etc..)

I did hear that friendly fire is being turned off in Firefight next week though.. and regular FF will be extended so games can last longer.
Woot! More firefight is always a good thing :)

PsychoRaven said:
Bah you're lucky I'm being lazy today. You get a render cause I don't feel like downloading it. lol

Also it would have helped to get both being sniped out. That would have been a better clip.

Thanks for the render! the Snipe is probably easier to see on the film clip but im still extremely grateful!

His Sniper didnt leave a trail for me, I think its literally because from my POV his sniper was clipping the cliff edge he was on, ill try and grab the clip from him, should come out better that way.

Diablohead said:
Yes, they are ;_;

It was silly for bungie to not design some kind of spiker pistol gun which would function similar to the human's pistol, to you know, keep things balanced.
Weapons aren't really the problem, I think Elites just need to be a bit stronger as they're so easy to hit due to the large size.

Although it'd be awesome if the plasma pistol could zoom.

Diablohead said:
Yes, they are ;_;

It was silly for bungie to not design some kind of spiker pistol gun which would function similar to the human's pistol, to you know, keep things balanced.

I liked the part where you compared the spiker to the human pistol.

ManCannon said:
Not for October but sure, it's possible down the road if something awesome (and appropriate) is created and brought to Lars' attention. He already has some cool plans to beef up FF with the November update by adding more playlists and more options (Unlimited? yes! Legendary? Yes!, etc..)
Now i have a goal to reach. Muhaha you have awoken a monster.

Genesis Knight said:
I liked the part where you compared the spiker to the human pistol.
Regular spiker = brute AR

Needler = happy rainbow maker

Plasma Rifle / Repeater = Covie AR

What I mean is like how the needler rifle is more of a direct shot weapon similar to the DMR, a pistol like version of the spiker which shot slower but more direct might have been a good idea for the elites to use, right now in invasion I go loot pistols from the spartans :p

Red

The Lamonster said:
Weapons aren't really the problem, I think Elites just need to be a bit stronger as they're so easy to hit due to the large size.
Yeah this is the real problem for me. They may have stronger shields and regenerating health, but they have no healthpack option and they're much bigger targets.

I don't think they're "nerfed," per se, but they are not as intimidating as I'd like them to be.
cwmartin said:
In all the FF MM games I've played I haven't seen it come up once, :(.
It's in Score Attack.

ElRenoRaven

ManCannon said:

I did hear that friendly fire is being turned off in Firefight next week though.. and regular FF will be extended so games can last longer.

I LOVE YOU AND LARS!!

I love firefight and to have those options in firefight matchmaking will make it hard to pull me out of that playlist. I may not need the swat removed from the other playlists after all. :D

j/k

cwmartin

NameGenerated said:
Only in Score Attack.

:O, my oh my. I thought that was just for the campaign score attack. Ive never even played multi-team, BTB, or rumble pit! What else am i missing out on?!?!?!!?

So i did some REALLY quick number crunching regarding Assists.

It looks like for every 6 kills, you get 1 assist. At least on average for me and two of my other friends.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
cwmartin said:
:O, my oh my. I thought that was just for the campaign score attack. Ive never even played multi-team, BTB, or rumble pit! What else am i missing out on?!?!?!!?
Multi-team = SWAT or Clusterfuck.
Rumble Pit = Zambies
BTB = Tanks

MGHA

I played the most insane close match on invasion spire last night. After we won as elites it was our turn as Spartans. We got through the first hill quickly but after that no one on my team could capture any of the two on spire. Then I heard 1 minute remaining. I was like oh damn we're going to lose! So I got over there and did it my self.

I Captured the point rather quickly, got a triple kill, got my self on top of the spire, grabbed the core and ran off the top. I died came back got another triple kill, grabbed the core right when it said sudden death, and I captured the core with 1 block of health. Then we won. When we returned to the lobby the other team was screaming. I have never heard so much insults in my life.

But it was truly the bets game I have had yet.

bobs99 ... said:
I just had an awesome moment on Reach. Sniping people out of vehicles has always been a guilty pleasure of mine, all the way back to Halo 1 - sure it can be a waste of sniper ammo, but when you snipe a gunner and driver out its just so satisfying.

Just now me and a friend of mine simultaneusly sniped the gunner and passenger out of a hog, it wasnt planned, and we were both pretty shocked at it, I wonder what theyre driver must have been thinking. :lol

I must admit, on my end it was pretty flukey, I missed my first shot, and wasted a shot trying to get the driver afterwards, but my friend literally had one bullet left and made it count.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=3764633&player=bobs99

Yeah I like to snipe people out of vehicles ass well

reach_1463119_Full.jpg

Azar

Every time I pick up the Plasma Launcher and remember how much it sucks now, I pine for an overhaul as awesome as the Needle Rifle.

Fuck the Plasma Launcher, we should have a Needle Cannon that shoots out one gigantic, massive pink needle of death that explodes into dozens of smaller needles on impact like a Spike grenade, immediately supercombining anyone near the blast radius.

Tell me that's not awesome.

cazosozey

If anyone wants to help me test out a gametype and map variant, send me a message: combatcarl2

It's a king of hill variant, so very non-competitive....

Pig Wranglin'

cwmartin

cazosozey said:
If anyone wants to help me test out a gametype and map variant, send me a message: combatcarl2

Pig Wranglin'

I'de love to help out later tonight. Still havent done a single custom or anything with GAF, workin on it though.

Tag = cwmartin

TommyT

cazosozey said:

Pig Wranglin'

If it involves oil and being naked... Count me out of this "Wranglin'" you speak of. :lol

Red

Azar said:
Every time I pick up the Plasma Launcher and remember how much it sucks now, I pine for an overhaul as awesome as the Needle Rifle.

Fuck the Plasma Launcher, we should have a Needle Cannon that shoots out one gigantic, massive pink needle of death that explodes into dozens of smaller needles on impact like a Spike grenade, immediately supercombining anyone near the blast radius.

Yes.

Or a needle grenade.

Feorax

So fucking sick of invasion.

Gametype is great, just fed up of being left by my team to try and defend a base on my own whilst the rest of them either fuck off around the map elsewhere or promptly lose a base to one person while 4 of them are supposed to be guarding it.

Only gametype i feel the need to ragequit out of...

Red

Feorax said:
So fucking sick of invasion.

Gametype is great, just fed up of being left by my team to try and defend a base on my own whilst the rest of them either fuck off around the map elsewhere or promptly lose a base to one person while 4 of them are supposed to be guarding it.

Only gametype i feel the need to ragequit out of...
I find it telling that with a single other cooperative teammate I can pretty much guarantee a win for my team. It's like no one knows what the hell they're doing.

Hopefully this changes as more people get experience with it.

Dani said:
Finally, after much saving and resisting the urge to spend

<3 Bungie
It's pretty wild how cartoony the hearts look.

From the videos I have seen there are always hearts coming out of you, is this how it is in game? Or is it only when you die?

Pretty awesome either way :)

Azar said:

I loved how powerful it was in the beta- I wish Bungie kept it like that for the retail release... but oh well.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Devin Olsen said:
It's pretty wild how cartoony the hearts look.

From the videos I have seen there are always hearts coming out of you, is this how it is in game? Or is it only when you die?

Pretty awesome either way :)

A single heart floats away from you every 10 seconds or so in addition to the cloud that appears when you die.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Azar said:

Can we at least get the rockets back on Hemorrhage as opposed to the Plasma Cannon? :D

I guess the reasoning was that the rockets don't lock on ground vehicles.

zumphry

Banned
I'm pretty sure of what I want to get for my Spartan (Blue then Gold visor, Mark V, VI, Security and EVA, plus Pilot helmets, the last Utility pouch, Carter's wrist, and Mark V+Security shoulders. Might just get Auntie Dot for Firefight or keep Six, and no armor effect). Too bad I'm such a completionist that I won't be happy until I have all armor pieces and Elite variants (even though I think the Legendary Edition variant looks the best).

Sir Fragula said:
God damnit Marty. I was pretty dismissive about the music from the first cutscene trailer, but now I can't get that damned opening theme out of my head...

I love it for the mix of the ODST theme thrown in. ODST's Soundtrack is one of my favorites, and when I can get Reach's, I'm sure it'll be right up there.
Lone Wolf cinematic piano music+New Alexandria opening is sex for the ears

cazosozey

squidhands said:
So glad you said "on". You were a poorly place vowel away from Deliverance Reach.

lol

Anyways appreciate the feedback guys for pig wranglin'.
Will post a link soon in the forge thread!

Hugbot

ZayneH said:
even though I think the Legendary Edition variant looks the best
I agree except for the volcano-headed one.

Also seeing the heart effect is making me question whether I want the birthday party or just to save up an extra 100k and be everyone's valentine <3

Chorazin

I hope we can unlock the Haunted helmet by completing all the daily challenges on Halloween, and anyone that doesn't would have to wait until next Halloween for their chance.

Bah, Reach (MP) continues the tradition of being a bust if you're not playing in a party/have someone to chat and share the experience with.

Also: have a Shield Symbol in Neutral Bomb! Can be god damn confusing on Zealot.

TommyT

Hugbot said:
I agree except for the volcano-headed one.

Also seeing the heart effect is making me question whether I want the birthday party or just to save up an extra 100k and be everyone's valentine <3

Na, just keep going and get the lightning one!

Oozer3993

SquallASF said:
Wohoo! Emile's helmet is accessible after all :) Wonder what the deal with that "Haunted" helmet is. Looks like Bungie employee helmets and it's faded so probably not accessible to us.

According to the guide, it opens up when you unlock every other helmet and have reached the rank of Reclaimer.

Dani said:
Finally, after much saving and resisting the urge to spend.

reach_3774658_Medium.jpg

<3 Bungie

That's what I'm saving up for. It'll be awhile. I'm not even half way there.

GhaleonEB

I'm saving for Grunt Birthday Party, myself. Though that's after I snag the Auntie Dot Firefight voice tonight. Couldn't resist that one.

zumphry

Banned
Zeouterlimits said:
Bah, Reach (MP) continues the tradition of being a bust if you're not playing in a party/have someone to chat and share the experience with.

Also: have a Shield Symbol in Neutral Bomb! Can be god damn confusing on Zealot.

Agreed on that. Zealot doesn't really differentiate the bases (besides in callouts), and the lift colors don't help that much. :/

Chorazin

Oozer3993 said:
According to the guide, it opens up when you unlock every other helmet and have reached the rank of Reclaimer.

Hah, I have the guide and I havem't bothered to read any of the actual game info stuff, I just looked at the art. :lol

Zeouterlimits said:

Lets play tomorrow together :)

Dirtbag

Dani said:
A single heart floats away from you every 10 seconds or so in addition to the cloud that appears when you die.

thanks alot bungie :rolls-eyes
Got any other creative ways you can make a 28 year old more embarrassed of his hobby? Maybe you could throw in some rainbows and japanimation eyes or ride-able unicorns next time.

Diablohead said:
Reach 3D part 2 :D

Black ODST does not work too well with nightfall

http://i56.tinypic.com/2po8hdt.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/f2k61i.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
I feel like a jedi everytime I get these to work, soooo sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom