• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugbot

Neuromancer said:
Firefight versus sounds terrible to me. Firefight should be a sanctuary from the hyper competitive world of MP. If it's not a separate playlist, I have a bad feeling it's going to get voted for every time and my days of firefight matchmaking (outside of score attack) will probably be over.
Oh, for the record I hope it's a separate playlist as well. Mixed in with FF would be terrible, as an option it would be awesome.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Neuromancer said:
Firefight versus sounds terrible to me. Firefight should be a sanctuary from the hyper competitive world of MP. If it's not a separate playlist, I have a bad feeling it's going to get voted for every time and my days of firefight matchmaking (outside of score attack) will probably be over.

It would probably be its own playlist right?

Hugbot said:
Oh, for the record I hope it's a separate playlist as well. Mixed in with FF would be terrible, as an option it would be awesome.

I agree with this. The way I see it though it would be awesome if Firefight was split into

Score Attack
VS Firefight
Firefight

I mean you couldnt mix VS Firefight with Normal Firefight anyway, because theres a bit of a difference in the number of players. Vs would need 8 players wouldnt it?

Feorax

Just did all of today's challenges in about an hour. Kinda disappointed really, I was hoping there'd be some good ones for Friday night.

Hugbot

bobs99 ... said:
I agree with this. The way I see it though it would be awesome if Firefight was split into

Score Attack
VS Firefight
Firefight

I mean you couldnt mix VS Firefight with Normal Firefight anyway, because theres a bit of a difference in the number of players. Vs would need 8 players wouldnt it?
It's 2v2 I think, I'm pretty sure you can't have more than 4 in Firefight of any type.

Aggrotek said:
I've been noticing a trend on the Bnet forums:

Thread 1. Generic "WTF raise the level cap BUNGEEEE!"
Thread 2. Generic "Stop complaining about the level cap boosting jerks!!!"
Thread 3. "(Insert AA here) is so -blam- useless!!! NERF IT!"

It's quite comical. For a game dev that supports it's community, I say the majority of the community doesn't deserve it.
Yesterday I read a thread with the topic that only Brits complaint about the new dlc. It was a funny thread. I dont know if it still exists.

Firefight Vs. is so awesome. I play it sometimes with my little brother and he screams everytime that he hates me because I killed him. :lol

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Aggrotek said:
I've been noticing a trend on the Bnet forums:

Thread 1. Generic "WTF raise the level cap BUNGEEEE!"
Thread 2. Generic "Stop complaining about the level cap boosting jerks!!!"
Thread 3. "(Insert AA here) is so -blam- useless!!! NERF IT!"

It's quite comical. For a game dev that supports it's community, I say the majority of the community doesn't deserve it.

That can be said of any popular game with message boards ran by the developer.

You think thats bad, check out the WoW forums.

GhaleonEB

Hugbot said:
It's 2v2 I think, I'm pretty sure you can't have more than 4 in Firefight of any type.
Correct.

I'm very eager to see what Firefight changes hit matchmaking next week. I'm really hoping a Legendary Score Attack is added. Bring on the update, Urk. :D

GhaleonEB said:
Correct.

I'm very eager to see what Firefight changes hit matchmaking next week. I'm really hoping a Legendary Score Attack is added. Bring on the update, Urk. :D

We need classic Firefight to be in.

I want to spend hours and hours killing those covie bastards. Not just a 10 minutes tease with grunts and then a bunch of elites that are already dead before I can even get a glance at them.

Let's have a non-timed score attack. Just like ODST.

Boring? Not for me; besides, it's good to have options.

Speaking of which, FF customizations need to be enabled for matchmaking as well, otherwise all the great potential is lost.

GhaleonEB

metareferential said:

I want to spend hours and hours killing those covie bastards. Not just a 10 minutes tease with grunts and then a bunch of elites that are already dead before I can even get a glance at them.

Speaking of which, FF customizations need to be enabled for matchmaking as well, otherwise all the great potential is lost.
I believe ManCannon said Classic would make its way in as well, though it's been a while since he posted about it. I'd love to see that as well.

Not sure what you mean about "FF customizations need to be enabled for matchmaking". The system is the same as Multiplayer. But I hope more variety lands in the mix, for sure.

metareferential said:

I think we can expect sth. like that ;) I have really high hopes for the things that Lars(namesake ftw) planned. Firefight is his baby. If FF die, he'll cry. Believe!

Gui_PT

divisionbyzorro said:
Does it just randomly pick a mission? Do you play the entire mission start to finish?

Randomly picks mission, you vote for difficulty and play the whole level.

No latency at all, I'm surprised

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Gui_PT said:
Campaign Matchmaking is up!

Found a match in 10 seconds and everyone voted for legendary :lol

Whoa! I thought this stuff was coming Tuesday? Nice. Hopefully I can get some Legendary Co-op for The Package and get that damn tank achievement.

Hopefully I also won't experience that terrible input lag when someone else is host :/

Edit: & yay for finally being able to get the co-op Campaign commendations. None of my friends every wanted to do co-op campaign.

LosDaddie

Banned
Falt said:
Shootin' and Lootin' - 4000cR
Kill 400 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

A Great Friend - 900cR
Earn 15 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.

No 'I' in Team - 360cR
Earn 6 assists in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

Up Close and Personal - 250cR
Kill 5 enemies with close quarters combat in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

Help me out with these, HaloGAF. Please.

I have a few questions:
  • When do these daily challenges end? I mean, I probably won't be able to start playing REACH until around 10pm EDT. So, do I have to finish the challenges before 12am EDT?
  • What is the best MP mode/playlist to complete these challenges? Gruntocalypse? INvasion?
  • Does the "No 'I' in Team " challenge have to be done in a single match? If so, what's a good mode to get them in?
  • I want to get the Weekly Challenge achievement. So, that means once I get all these Daily Challenges done, I should get the Weekly achievement, right?

Thanks in advance, HaloGAF.

Hey You

I tend to try to stick to Private groups, but the Community forum on Bungie.net is where the older members tend to hang out.

Kapura said:
urk is anything happening along the podcast front? Is it getting another nine-month break?
I would very much like to know this too.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
LosDaddie said:

I have a few questions:
  • When do these daily challenges end? I mean, I probably won't be able to start playing REACH until around 10pm EDT. So, do I have to finish the challenges before 12am EDT?
  • What is the best MP mode/playlist to complete these challenges? Gruntocalypse? INvasion?
  • Does the "No 'I' in Team " challenge have to be done in a single match? If so, what's a good mode to get them in?
  • I want to get the Weekly Challenge achievement. So, that means once I get all these Daily Challenges done, I should get the Weekly achievement, right?

1. Seems to end around 2-3 AM PDT
2. For shootin and Lootin I would personally go into a custom firefight like the ones used to get the firefight score achievements, and rack up 300 or so kills and then get the rest in traditional matchmaking, but I'm just lazy like that.
3. Yes. Has to be in a single match. I tend to get assists easiest on Multi-Team, particularly on a map like Oddball or Crazy king. Just start lobbing grenades like a mad man towards where everyone is congregated
4. Correct.

@LosDaddie,
1. I think the challenges end at 12 AM PST. So you should have five hours to get them all.
2. For the 4,000 cR challenge, I usually do campaign because it's more fun for me than playing four rounds of Gruntpocalypse.
3. For the other three challenges, multiteam is your best bet. The "No 'I' in Team," you have to get 6 assists in one match, is also easiest to get in multiteam: there's always plenty of action flying around, so you shouldn't have any problem; I got that challenge after two tries in two games of multiteam.
4. Yuppers.

LosDaddie said:

I have a few questions:

1. they reset at 6am EST(Eastern time GMT+5)
2.Multiteam or Invasion as a party of 2 to work on the 2 assist challenges and the CQC one (vote for anything but rocketrace). Then, go into score attack (solo) and about 2 or 3 gruntpocalypse games for the last one.
3. Yes, you must get 6 assists in one match. AR peoples shields down and let someone clean up the kill (your teammate can help in that, you still get the assist even if someone other than him finished the kill). Same tactic works in invasion/invasion slayer.
4. Yes getting all the dailies in one day unlocks this weeks weekly.

Zerokku said:
2. For shootin and Lootin I would personally go into a custom firefight like the ones used to get the firefight score achievements, and rack up 300 or so kills and then get the rest in traditional matchmaking, but I'm just lazy like that.

People will hate me for saying this, but that target designator bit in Sword Base really is made for this. You can get the 4,000 points in five or six minutes.

GhaleonEB said:
Not sure what you mean about "FF customizations need to be enabled for matchmaking". The system is the same as Multiplayer. But I hope more variety lands in the mix, for sure.

Well, all the FF options we have are great for custom Firefight, but it would be even greater having them all (or a selection, so to avoid easy cR boosting) for matchmaking.

Or having a dedicated playlist for custom content across all modes.

We'll see.

First game Contingency on Heroic. Before the helicopters even land two people quit. Third guy rushes so far ahead so fast when I get there he betrays me and I accidentally boot him.

This playlist is no place for team damage...its too long, halo players don't have the attention span to not kill their teammates for anything more than 15 mnutes.

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
If Campaign Co-Op is up and the spoiler worry is over, why hasn't Glacier been rotated into the FF map selection?
The First Firefight playlist updates are supposed to go live next week on the 19th with the other playlist updates, but we don't know what they are yet. I'm hoping Glacier is included, and if it's not, the BWU will tell us why.

Dax01 said:
I wish you could see your K/D spread by playlist. Always room for improvement, I suppose.

I love multiteam: 31 kills, 8 deaths.

Under career stats click the By Playlist link.

Its got win.loss kills.death kd ratio and top medals for each playlist. Its one of the main stat pages I look at to see what I'm best at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom