• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gui_PT

oatmeal said:
Hmm, co-op campaiggn is in matchmaking now. Interesting.

While it is interesting, I've had betrayers on both games I tried. And on the last one, I was left on my own half through the level on Legendary. Curiously, I finished the level in 4 minutes after without them to get in the way :lol

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Just tried the campaign matchmaking. First thing I hear is two guys role-playing and that pretty much continued until the end of the level. I'm glad I've already got all the campaign stuff finished :lol .

Hugbot

vitaminwateryum said:
Just tried the campaign matchmaking. First thing I hear is two guys role-playing and that pretty much continued until the end of the level. I'm glad I've already got all the campaign stuff finished :lol .
Like pretending-they're-spartans roleplaying or pretending-they're-wizards roleplaying? Because one of those is pretty awesome.

Oddly enough, my first game in campaign matchmaking went flawlessly. Legendary on The Package, almost no lag, and no douchebag teammates at all.

Merguson

Banned
Do you get a decent amount of credits in campaign matchmaking? I might give it a spin to try and get the 400 kills challenge.. I thought of doing the firefight challenges last night but im still burnt out by the weekly challenge that had you do 50 firefight matches.

skyfinch

Hugbot said:
Like pretending-they're-spartans roleplaying or pretending-they're-wizards roleplaying? Because one of those is pretty awesome.

I was pretending to be Kat by being all sexy and pretending to fix things.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Hugbot said:

:lol Pretending they were spartans. The whole intro bit where they're introducing the covenant they were yelling things like, "Breach and clear!" and "Captain, charlies straight ahead!" Weirdest stuff I've seen on reach so far...

vitaminwateryum said:
:lol Pretending they were spartans. The whole intro bit where they're introducing the covenant they were yelling things like, "Breach and clear!" and "Captain, charlies straight ahead!" Weirdest stuff I've seen on reach so far...

That's fucking amazing. :lol :lol

zumphry

Banned
Gui_PT said:
While it is interesting, I've had betrayers on both games I tried. And on the last one, I was left on my own half through the level on Legendary. Curiously, I finished the level in 4 minutes after without them to get in the way :lol

Well, that means we should start doing our co-op playthroughs through matchmaking so I can get more cR and commendationables for driving you off of a cliff.

For 2 hours straight.

electricpirate said:
That's fucking amazing. :lol :lol

Yeah, I never get people like that in my games. Everyones always in party chat, and now I wont be able to shake the feeling they could be in party chat doing that with eachother. :lol

FourDoor

vitaminwateryum said:

I love random crazy role players in matchmaking. I still remember one of the best times I ever had playing in Halo back in the days was with a dude who just talked like Aaahhhnold the whole time spitting out lines from all his movies! LMAO :lol

vitaminwateryum said:
I hope this is a common occurrence. :D

vitaminwateryum said:
Awesome, just awesome.

By the by, ever notice they call the enemy Tangos in the game? Seems like Charlies would make more sense.

Deadly

vitaminwateryum said:
I don't know whether that's really lame or fuckin awesome :lol

GhaleonEB

Deadly said:
I don't know whether that's really lame or fuckin awesome :lol
There's definately a spectrum here, where moving along it you transition from Lame to Fucking Awesome. It sounds like they cleared it. :lol

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
You now need to pay it forward and roleplay in at least two campaign matchmaking sessions, for every time someone does it to you. If everyone does this, campaign matchmaking should be full of armchair spartans by the weekend :D

Sai-kun

Banned
Merguson said:
Do you get a decent amount of credits in campaign matchmaking? I might give it a spin to try and get the 400 kills challenge.. I thought of doing the firefight challenges last night but im still burnt out by the weekly challenge that had you do 50 firefight matches.

Did Heroic Exodus, blew threw it in 20 minutes, got almost 1k.

RdN

OMG, Co-op Campaign on New Alexandria with randoms is one of the worsts experiences I had in a Halo game..

People kept betraying each other because they wanted to pilot the Falcon.. and if one Falcon got away, they would simply stand there and not play.. :(

Striker

NameGenerated said:
Fuck are you serious. First Rocket Race on Hemmo and now fucking SWAT on Hemmo. Time to break my no-quitting streak.
Welcome to Multi-team. Next you probably got Oddball on Zealot or The Cage.

GDJustin said:
You now need to pay it forward and roleplay in at least two campaign matchmaking sessions, for every time someone does it to you. If everyone does this, campaign matchmaking should be full of armchair spartans by the weekend :D
This is a great idea

zumphry

Banned
RdN said:
OMG, Co-op Campaign on New Alexandria with randoms is one of the worsts experiences I had in a Halo game..

People kept betraying each other because they wanted to pilot the Falcon.. and if one Falcon got away, they would simply stand there and not play.. :(

Wait, so you don't get the option to press down (or is it up?) on the D-pad to get a new Falcon for evac in co-op?

vitaminwateryum said:
:lol :lol

Gui_PT

Merguson said:

I got over 1k cR everytime I played.

ZayneH said:
Well, that means we should start doing our co-op playthroughs through matchmaking so I can get more cR and commendationables for driving you off of a cliff.

For 2 hours straight.

Sounds like fun =P

So I just got If They Came To Hear Me Beg after abut 6 or 7 attempts. :lol Feel bad for the people that took hours and still don't have it.

So, besides Campaign Matchmaking, is there anything else?

I'm away from my box, so I can't really check for myself.

Also, GAF > Google.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Striker said:
Welcome to Multi-team. Next you probably got Oddball on Zealot or The Cage.
I have 104 multi-team games under my belt so I'm aware of the shittiness that is RR and SWAT. I was just super frustrated because neither of those helped with the challenges. I actually wanted Oddball, which I got 2 games later on Reflection, because it made both assist challenges easy since the game lasts so long. I am happy to say that I played over 700 games without a single quit, but SWAT on Hemorrhage is probably the worst possible game+map combo there is so it ended there.

Also my dude still hasn't updated on bungie.net :(

RdN

ZayneH said:
Wait, so you don't get the option to press down (or is it up?) on the D-pad to get a new Falcon for evac in co-op?

Yeah, but if people went to far with the Falcon I was kind of teleported (bot not normal teleporting, like when, a weird fade to black screen and then teleport) to another place and the Evac was cancelled.. kept happening everytime. Frustrating. =/

LosDaddie

Banned
Zerokku said:
1. Seems to end around 2-3 AM PDT
2. For shootin and Lootin I would personally go into a custom firefight like the ones used to get the firefight score achievements, and rack up 300 or so kills and then get the rest in traditional matchmaking, but I'm just lazy like that.
3. Yes. Has to be in a single match. I tend to get assists easiest on Multi-Team, particularly on a map like Oddball or Crazy king. Just start lobbing grenades like a mad man towards where everyone is congregated
4. Correct.

Dax01 said:
@LosDaddie,
1. I think the challenges end at 12 AM PST. So you should have five hours to get them all.
2. For the 4,000 cR challenge, I usually do campaign because it's more fun for me than playing four rounds of Gruntpocalypse.
3. For the other three challenges, multiteam is your best bet. The "No 'I' in Team," you have to get 6 assists in one match, is also easiest to get in multiteam: there's always plenty of action flying around, so you shouldn't have any problem; I got that challenge after two tries in two games of multiteam.
4. Yuppers.

Cuban Legend said:
1. they reset at 6am EST(Eastern time GMT+5)
2.Multiteam or Invasion as a party of 2 to work on the 2 assist challenges and the CQC one (vote for anything but rocketrace). Then, go into score attack (solo) and about 2 or 3 gruntpocalypse games for the last one.
3. Yes, you must get 6 assists in one match. AR peoples shields down and let someone clean up the kill (your teammate can help in that, you still get the assist even if someone other than him finished the kill). Same tactic works in invasion/invasion slayer.
4. Yes getting all the dailies in one day unlocks this weeks weekly.

Thanks, guys! :D

Hopefully it won't take me too long to complete these challenges.

Willeth

Bah, Reach keeps forgetting my Legendary solo progress. I beat Tip of the Spear the other day and was pretty pleased with it. It's on Bungie.net. I loaded it up today to play through the next mission I needed and it forgot I did it at all.

Irritating.

Gui_PT said:
Which level takes 8 minutes to finish on legendary?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
For anyone who wants to get the 400 kills in any game mode, you can just go into custom firefight and rack up the 400. It'd be cheesing it, but eh, whatever.

neoism

urk said:
Can't see shit.
believeurk.jpg

Ramirez

I think I died the most in the humpday game the other day, but I was constantly running into situations like this...

humpdaypic.jpg

I was fighting the guy in front of me, you can see his shields are down, and then out of no where 3-4 more pop up to help him. :lol

neoism

Dani said:
The Valhalla vibe I was getting from Tempest has been slowly eroded away by the harsh and flowing reality of time.

The central Forerunner structure bares a passing resemblance to one of Valhalla bases and this is where the similarities seem to end, abruptly. What little I can see of the base design it looks quite different and certainly bigger. The lack of being able to see the two bases distinctly it giving me a hard time picturing the overall layout.

I'm hoping we'll see manly canons on each side and hopefully a nice, attractive and open focal point in the middle and the level trashes the "cereal bowl" style sight lines that Blood Gulch "pioneered".

Looking forward to the seeing video footage.
Yeah I was in love from the first screen shot... looks amazing.... day motherfucking 1

zumphry

Banned
RdN said:
Yeah, but if people went to far with the Falcon I was kind of teleported (bot not normal teleporting, like when, a weird fade to black screen and then teleport) to another place and the Evac was cancelled.. kept happening everytime. Frustrating. =/

That's weird. Wonder if they're gonna fix it, if it's even fixable. Seems like something they should've tested..

..or they assumed there would be enough Falcons or that people would've actually been cooperative and let their co-opbros fly together with them.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ramirez said:
I think I died the most in the humpday game the other day, but I was constantly running into situations like this...

humpdaypic.jpg

I was fighting the guy in front of me, you can see his shields are down, and then out of no where 3-4 more pop up to help him. :lol

Looks like you're about to get your face melted by steaming hot plasma.

neoism

SailorDaravon said:
Yeah, you can't gift points anymore. Was a huge pain in the ass when I was gifting map packs before, wound up having to do weird paypal stuff with people :lol

I think there are supposedly 800 point cards out there, but I've only actually heard of someone seeing them once, maybe they killed them off fast or something.
Yeah I was going to give some to other gaffers... and steal some of Domino's awesomeness:)P), but I hate the fact the there's no 800 point cards WTF Micro$oft...... :/

Hypertrooper said:
It isnt really EU. Except you count HaloWars to EU.
At least it's cool to know that the Forerunners weren't totally suicidal.

I always thought they preserved all this life (a la Noah's Ark) and "re-seeded" it across the galaxy without actually saving themselves. But I guess they at least tried to preserve themselves!

Hypertrooper said:
It isnt really EU. Except you count HaloWars to EU.
The Shield World in Halo Wars was something completely different from the Shield World in 'Ghosts of Onyx', though. One was like a Halo covering the inside of a planet, while the other was like a tiny Slipspace bubble at the heart of Onyx.

Neuromancer said:
I think Bungie considers Halo Wars as EU. :lol
I thought so too, but Halsey's journal mentions the Spirit of Fire and Anders, and the Data Pads in Reach refer to the Flood incident in Halo Wars. So at least they consider it completely canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom