• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Ninja said:
The Shield World in Halo Wars was something completely different from the Shield World in 'Ghosts of Onyx', though. One was like a Halo covering the inside of a planet, while the other was like a tiny Slipspace bubble at the heart of Onyx.
wort wort wort. "The Fall Of Reach" has another timeline then Halo: Reach.

Blue Ninja said:
I thought so too, but Halsey's journal mentions the Spirit of Fire and Anders, and the Data Pads in Reach refer to the Flood incident in Halo Wars. So at least they consider it completely canon.
Wow that's surprising.

Hmmm,

I didn't notice this until today. There's a medal displaying in the Firefight medal chest (http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/medals.aspx?player=oddworld18), under the "bungie.net medals" section, called Wildcat Destablizer - the criteria being:

Destroy a generator with the help of your team in a firefight session

Might we be getting player-v-player Generator Defense back? I'm pretty sure you can't damage your own generator (I think I tried in the beta...).

Is this new, or did I just never notice it?

Sai-kun

Banned
oddworld18 said:
Hmmm,

I didn't notice this until today. There's a medal displaying in the Firefight medal chest (http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/medals.aspx?player=oddworld18), under the "bungie.net medals" section, called Wildcat Destablizer - the criteria being:

Might we be getting player-v-player Generator Defense back? I'm pretty sure you can't damage your own generator (I think I tried in the beta...).

It's been there, you just can't get it.

oddworld18 said:
Hmmm,

I guess you can create a Firefight Versus mode with generators.

Hugbot

MrBig said:
Uh, I just got into a mm game and everyone is muted, and I cannot unmute them. What's happening?
Divine intervention.

Check your system settings to make sure it didn't mysteriously set the voice chat to friends only.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
MrBig said:
Uh, I just got into a mm game and everyone is muted, and I cannot unmute them. What's happening?
Are you on the dashboard beta? If so go to dash board -> My Xbox -> Online Settings (it should be called) -> Voice

MrBig said:
Voice issues-->check voice settings

This troubleshooting method can be applied to any kind of problems you may have in life :p

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
You could destroy your own generators in the beta. Once my team mate quit and I really wanted to end that mode to get back to another game with a friend. So I kept blasting my own generator and the enemies would focus on killing me rather than letting me help them.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Neuromancer said:
I think Bungie considers Halo Wars as EU. :lol

When it comes to Halo going forward, there won't be any company making Halo thinking one thing is canon and another isn't - all the canon will be on equal footing with priority given to the games.

For the record, Joe Staten from Bungie laid out the various canon from the games, books, comics and whatnot and said he recognised all of it as official canon. =)

MrBig

Plywood said:
Are you on the dashboard beta? If so go to dash board -> My Xbox -> Online Settings (it should be called) -> Voice
Ah, yes. It was working fine after yesterday's update though. I'll try it.
e: Yep, it was a problem with something they changed in the safety settings. Thanks.

Monocle

lolwut. In my first campaign matchmaking game, near the beginning of the mission (Winter Contingency), I accidentally killed myself by jumping off a cliff and then got booted for a betrayal as soon as I spawned. WTF Bungle?

In happier news, the rest of my campaign matchmaking experience has been great so far. Cooperative teammates, minimal lag. I got to play Winter Contingency, ONI: Swordbase, Long Night of Solace, Exodus and New Alexandria. People seem to like Legendary. I think I only played a couple missions on Heroic, but it was fine because everyone seemed to know how to point their guns in the right direction. I didn't know this mode was going to be turned on today so it was a nice surprise.

Hugbot

Monocle said:
lolwut. In my first campaign matchmaking game, near the beginning of the mission (Winter Contingency), I accidentally killed myself by jumping off a cliff and then got booted for a betrayal as soon as I spawned. WTF Bungle?
It'd be better if you got the prompt to boot yourself.

Louis Wu

I'm posting this here, because I don't think Leviathan has a GAF account, and this rocks. Fan-made Halo comic (Marvel-style, not webcomic). Images are QUITE large (which is why they're links).

fistful_logosm.jpg

Page 1

Pages 2-3

Hugbot

Louis Wu said:
I'm posting this here, because I don't think Leviathan has a GAF account, and this rocks. Fan-made Halo comic (Marvel-style, not webcomic). Images are QUITE large (which is why they're links).

fistful_logosm.jpg

Page 1

Pages 2-3
Oh wow, that is really well done. Not at all what I was expecting when I read "fan-made comic".

Louis Wu

rofl - he's a fan. He's releasing pages as he finishes them. (He says next spread is coming 'very soon' - but it doesn't really have a 'publication date'.) :lol

zumphry

Banned
Jeeze, that's the second or third commendation I've managed to rank up to Silver today. Like, one per game (Methodical probably but it might've been yesterday, Specialized, and Pull the Pin).

If I play like around 10 more Gruntpocalypse matches today, I should be able to get Target Practice up to Gold, but even blowing up Grunties in technicolor explosions can get boring after awhile.

Louis Wu said:

http://files.bungie.org/leviathan_afoa/fistful_logosm.jpg

Page 1

Pages 2-3

HOLY WOW, that looks really, really good. Art style is amazing.

Louis Wu said:
Saw it on HBO already, but I'll never get tired of looking at that. Amazing stuff. Leviathan's got some crazy talent.

Magni

Louis Wu said:

fistful_logosm.jpg

Page 1

Pages 2-3

Oh Leviathan, always enjoyed reading his posts. I really should go back and visit the HBO forums more often..

Great work, really digging the art style (and it seems I'm not the only one) =)

And now, let's play Halo for the first time after a very busy week :D

Mr. Sam

Haven't had a good first experience with Campaign Matchmaking:

It took about five minutes of circling through options - why aren't they finite? - but my, uh, "team mates" finally decided on Legendary Tip of the Spear. Fine, I think, this is where I am on my current playthrough anyway.

Game starts, me and another guy rush forward, flanking the shitstorm that's coming at us from other sides. The other guys - who are in a party together - rush back and crouch behind some wreckage. Anyway, turns out something (I was too busy dodgy green explodey death to peak) has a fuel rod gun; likely an elite. I rush to a safe position. The guy opposite me gets it right in the face and, without a distraction, the two cowering behind the wreckage get effortlessly blown away.

It would appear that all three are intensely butthurt at not getting flawless cowboy, apparently hoping the four-player dynamic meant they could just sit at the sidelines and let somebody else do the work. All of them proceed to betray me, one-by-one and I keep with what I presume were their wishes, kicking them one-by-one. What was funny was a couple of times, when they were trying to betray me, they'd just suddenly get wiped out by the FRG.

Some people, eh?

Yea theres just no way team damage should be on in campaign mm (or firefight too imo)

Also the streams up at mlgpro.com is Reach working for anyone? it says I can't connect to it.

xxjuicesxx said:
Also the streams up at mlgpro.com is Reach working for anyone? it says I can't connect to it.
I think I have it working properly, but all that's there is a message explaining that the pre-game starts at 8pm ET.

EDIT: Oh wait, I was on the Halo 3 stream. The Reach stream says "unable to connect".

Crashsite removed? Damn.It should be in the Playlist. Now I have to wait some weeks/month untill I can play it again. I'll play Crashsite so often I can this weekend. The new Forgeworld Maps are looking awesome. Cant wait to check out the new BTB map <3 Too bad I hoped that Bungie will release the Noble Map Trailer with the BWU. I hope it'll come very soon :)

zumphry

Banned
Holy crap, I was expecting a huge Matchmaking update, but some stuff (happily) surprised me. I love the changes to Score Attack, and Cliffhanger looks pretty good. Too bad the flag return times aren't on all types of CTF, and that they're not set according to map size. 30/45 sec on Multi Flag on small maps is too long.

Regarding the new maps segmenting the community with the new DLC and "playlist lockout"...

The haves and the have-nots can swim in the same pool and our newly retooled matchmaking algorithms will systematically segment the player base properly so you won’t have to worry about where you can get your next hit of new map smell. They'll be seamlessly incorporated into the already existing playlists as primary voting options.

waaaaaaaamzlh.gif

Nice changes. Why are they removing The Cage from multi team though?
I know the spawn for the green team is crap/bugged but I'm not sure if that's the reason they're removing it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Great update, LOVING the changes.

Glowingmonx said:
Nice changes. Why are they removing The Cage from multi team though?
I know the spawn for the green team is crap/bugged but I'm not sure if that's the reason they're removing it.

Yeah I love Multi-team on anything, but seriously those spawns are borked entirely. I just got wrecked in a game for the first 2 minutes straight just being spawned infront of two partners, and possibly more people.

EDIT: And how can we check how many challenges have been completed globally? Or can we?

enzo_gt said:
EDIT: And how can we check how many challenges have been completed globally? Or can we?

'' In the very short term future a thermometer will appear on the Bungie.net front page charting the community’s collective progress towards completing, wait for it…''

from the BWU, lines above ''117 Million Daily & Weekly Challenges!'' ;p

Hey You

Very soon we'll be able to though:
In the very short term future a thermometer will appear on the Bungie.net front page charting the community’s collective progress towards completing, wait for it…

117 Million Daily & Weekly Challenges!

Beaten again :/

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Very substantial matchmaking updates ahead and all of it very, very welcome. Still surprised about the lack of soft kill barriers on top of The Cage though, odd they'd fix Asylum only in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom