• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wedge7

Nice to see them finally address what exactly we need to do to break the cap. Though honestly, still gonna take a long time.

StUnNeR H2K

Just did New Alexandria with 3 kids that had to be around 10 years of age... Half way through the mission on one of the side missions the marine says "Thanks, Sierra" and one of the kids asks "Who's Sierra?"....

derFeef

Was playing with a friend a threesome coop (he was with another 1 local) and I have to say it´s really fun. It´s also the first Halo game for the friend and he is really impressed and has loads of fun with the game. Awesome game is still awesome. Still afraid of competitive though :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Glowingmonx said:
'' In the very short term future a thermometer will appear on the Bungie.net front page charting the community’s collective progress towards completing, wait for it…''

from the BWU, lines above ''117 Million Daily & Weekly Challenges!'' ;p
I'm blind. Thanks guys :lol I assume the thermometer will show up at 100 million or something.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
AWESOME weekly update. I am so excited for the new stuff! Rumble Pit looks like an entirely new and much more enjoyable beast — so long, Infection (I hate you so much)! The new Forge maps look nice, too.

And I am all for the FF changes... I definitely like that Score Attack has been lengthened a bit, and Glacier being activated is like an early Christmas present (for someone like me who plays a ton of FF). I do look forward to a limited-lives gametype, but for now, the full set option is definitely welcome.

The only thing I don't like about the playlist updates is Bungie's decision to remove Crash Site. That's a really fun mode. Everything else looks peachy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dax01 said:
The only thing I don't like about the playlist updates is Bungie's decision to remove Crash Site. That's a really fun mode. Everything else looks peachy.
What was Crash Site? Never played it.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
*Cue grunt birthday party yaaaaay*

Add me to the Solo Legendary club :D :D :D

PoA wasn't that hard. Although it did take me 82 minutes, with 32 deaths. But at no point did I think to myself "WTF I am never going to get past this" like I did in a few other spots on Legendary (most notably Nightfall).

But then again... I skipped LARGE portions of the level. Even more than I skipped on Heroic :lol :lol I skipped four encounters total. In order:

- The first large open encounter that takes place on Boneyard. I hugged the right side. Every entrance into the center structure is guarded by an elite. All I had to do was hide behind rocks, PP + headshot that elite, then sprint in. Ding, checkpoint.

- The next encounter, also on the boneyard section. Stay left. Run along the catwalk.

- The NEXT encounter, with ~4 elites in a small room. I stayed up high, and you can drop down right behind them and sprint into the next room, triggering a cutscene.

- The two hunters. Crouch-jump through the window.

Even with all that, there's still a huge amount of fighting to be done. I still had 226 kills, by the end.

For the final waves, I had a full needle rifle for the first couple waves. When it was empty I stuck with DMR + PP. The Hero Ultra Brutes are motherfuckers. Even after dropping their shields they absorb DMR fire like it is bee stings. For both of them I resorted to dropping their shields then doing a 4X melee to kill them.

I saved the sniper rifle because I could remember how many waves there were, and didn't end up using it. :lol

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Just got it today, Played 3 games of BTB. It's awesome! Won all 3 games, 2 Slayer, 1 CTF. With me being an Evade Spartan to suicide the Tank chasing the winning flag. That deserved a Sieg Zeon.

zumphry

Banned
GDJustin said:
In order:

- The first large open encounter that takes place on Boneyard. I hugged the right side. Every entrance into the center structure is guarded by an elite. All I had to do was hide behind rocks, PP + headshot that elite, then sprint in. Ding, checkpoint.

- The next encounter, also on the boneyard section. Stay left. Run along the catwalk.

- The NEXT encounter, with ~4 elites in a small room. I stayed up high, and you can drop down right behind them and sprint into the next room, triggering a cutscene.

I actually took out the Skirmishers+Grunts in the first section of Boneyard, and took all of the Elites out until there were only the Fuel Rod one and the three or so Jetpack Elites. Hauled ass outta there, and took out the front of the base and the Elites inside. Though...

GDJustin said:
- The two hunters. Crouch-jump through the window.

WHAT

I gotta try that! WTF.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Awesome Weekly Update. Loving all the changes for FireFight, Matchmaking and finally a way to lift the level cap! :D

Question, though: Was the whole "buy the DLC in stores" thing true? Can I actually buy download codes for the DLC in stores? If so, looks like my gifting just got a lot easier, cheaper and larger. :D

The good:
-Time extensions for score attack to 15 minutes
-Adding Glacier to the rotation
-Disabling friendly fire and betrayal booting in matchmaking

The bad:
-Increasing all firefight wave limits to one set (personally I liked them shorter; at least give us the choice, Bungie!)
-Disabling weapon pickups in Sniper Attack
-Crash Site removed

The ugly:
-Still no mention of doubles or party-only firefight matchmaking

Domino Theory said:
Awesome Weekly Update. Loving all the changes for FireFight, Matchmaking and finally a way to lift the level cap! :D

Question, though: Was the whole "buy the DLC in stores" thing true? Can I actually buy download codes for the DLC in stores? If so, looks like my gifting just got a lot easier, cheaper and larger. :D
Yeah they have cards in stores now for pretty much every DLC for any big game.

So can we infer our first double CR weekend from the WWU?

Also, for all the people clamoring for Versus, that will happen too, but we’re not sure as to when. It’s entirely possible we’ll try out a weekend offering before making it an official playlist.

I mean I know it doesnt have to be double CR, but it would be awesome right. Im still unsure why Firefight VS has to be tested before it can be a playlist. Things that make you go hmm?

Also whats the window crouching thing to dodge hunters?

Falagard

Why is sudden death only 15 seconds? That's not enough time to do anything at all.

I want it similar to Halo 2, but with 1 minute sudden death and you have to be within a certain range to contest the flag or bomb. That was so fun.

I expected them to increase sudden death time limit, but no mention was made of this. I seriously thought it was a mistake / omission to have it so short in the first place in Reach.

bobs99 ... said:
Also whats the window crouching thing to dodge hunters?
In the Pillar of Autumn mission, when you see the two hunters hanging out with the jackals you can bypass them pretty easily by jumping onto the window sill into the next area, then crouch-walking through.

Good changes all around, though the CTF ones mystify me. I'd rather they drop medic bubbles, and make everything touch return, not a fan of the 30 second flag return instead of making

Hmm, not sure on Lars' map, the side pathways look like death zones.

Then again, he's the game designer and I'm the guy who's first forge effort only went 50-50 at the HBO forging contest ;).

Atomic looks sweet though, I'm looking forward to that one.

I'm sure 2 more 4 vs 4 symmetric maps will make a lot of people happy, though I have to say, I really like the current selection of 4 vs 4 maps as it stands, but I think BTB needs a ton more love. Hopefully we get some sweet BTB action soon.

Hell, I still haven't figured out where the DMRs are on Reflection, and now I need to learn more maps :lol

Trasher

People are only getting 1k cR for doing a 26 minute campaign mission in MM? That's not very good compared to a 15 minute game of Invasion or BTB where you get around 1300-1400 cR. =/

Trasher said:
People are only getting 1k cR for doing a 26 minute campaign mission in MM? That's not very good compared to a 15 minute game of Invasion or BTB where you get around 1300-1400 cR. =/
Screw that, I'd rather do score attack/firefight.

Trasher

Uhhhh, so still no fix on something that is incredibly broken: SUDDEN DEATH TIMES.

I still remember the game of 1 bomb on Reflection where we had the bomb, and sudden death had just activated while we were planting. Once the bomb was planted though sudden death ended and thus the game ended without the bomb exploding...

Was good to see these changes to CTF though:

CTF

* All Classic CTF gametypes now feature Flag At Home To Score and Touch Return
* Flag At Home To Score disabled for all non-Classic CTF gametypes
* Modified Flag Return and Flag Reset times:
o 1 Flag on Small maps use 10 second return and 30 second reset
o All other CTF gametypes use 30 second return and 45 second reset

Everything is great there except for the last bolded part. 30 seconds is still too long for any map. 20 seconds would make more sense for the bigger maps, but half a minute is far too long.

I like SWAT. Get like 500 credits for a 5 minute game. Reminds me of H2 when I used to not even care about winning or losing I was just happy playing Halo.

Trasher

xxjuicesxx said:
I like SWAT. Get like 500 credits for a 5 minute game. Reminds me of H2 when I used to not even care about winning or losing I was just happy playing Halo.
I'm glad to see that it will be taken out of Multi Team. Swear to god we would play that every other game.

OH! I almost forgot to mention: Softkill zones added to the tops of the sniper buildings in Asylum! WOOOOOO

Edit: I'm not much of a Firefight guy, but I'm gonna miss being able to pick up the Fuel Rod Cannons that had infinite ammo in Crashsite and Sniperfight. Made it really easy to bump up the Heavy Weapons commendation.

Kuroyume

Banned
Unlike the map packs of yore, we won’t only be offering a playlist specifically tailored for players with access to DLC. The haves and the have-nots can swim in the same pool and our newly retooled matchmaking algorithms will systematically segment the player base properly so you won’t have to worry about where you can get your next hit of new map smell. They'll be seamlessly incorporated into the already existing playlists as primary voting options.

Of course, for those who demand a DLC-only experience, we’ll blow the whistle and open up a VIP lap lane just for you. It'll be ready to go on day one. Details coming soon.

Team Slayer

* Removed all Snipers gametypes

Firefight

* Updated Firefight playlist gametypes to be a full set instead of 1 round. Adjusted skull progression.
* Added Glacier map.
* Increased Time Limit to 30 minutes.
* Increased Wave Limit to 1 Set.
* Round 1 has only Tough Luck skull.
* Round 2 has Tough Luck and Catch skulls on.
* Round 3 has Tough Luck, Catch, and Cloud skulls on.
* Friendly Fire is Disabled.
* Betrayal Booting is Disabled.

Asylum

* Softkill zones added to the tops of the Sniper buildings

Hemorrhage

* Modified respawn zones for both bases
* Respawn timers for all Warthogs on Hemorrhage should now be 120 seconds

tumblr_l9a10r3beC1qalt8l.gif

Still annoyed that there are no changes to the first stage of invasion, and no changes to vehicles on Hemorrhage other than the Warthogs. The mini wraiths are the problem not so much the warthogs. I'll still welcome the change but I want to see less vehicles on that map with longer respawn time. The respawn timer change is longer and not shorter right?

Arnie

If you're at the level cap already then I'd say it's time to take a break from this game, either that or you need some friends/life goal.

Anyone remember the Halo 3 beta where you could use the banshee on Valhalla to glitch and fly into space? How awesome would that be to do in forge world? You could literally make Cloud City from Star Wars with everyone in jet-packs. People could fall all the way to the ground shooting at each other or jet-packing. Think about it.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to glitch out of forge world and into space.:D

Lead Based Paint said:
well goddam.

Along that subject line, we need shotgun ctf back

1. CTF shotgun involved shields, and that added some actual skill involved besides host advantage.

2. SHWATGUNS in H3 involved host advantage and was absolutely ridiculous to get chosen when you are trying to hit level 50 in SWAT. It was just complete garbage.

c. I don't want SWAT a really good playlist in Reach so far to get sullied by a shitty option like SHWATGUNS. Magnums is enough of an "alternative" SWAT as it stands.

Apparently KORPAH is still in it:

http://events.mlgpro.com/takeovers/procircuit/titles/haloreach?site_id=mlgpro

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Foxy Fox 39 said:
Anyone remember the Halo 3 beta where you could use the banshee on Valhalla to glitch and fly into space? How awesome would that be to do in forge world? You could literally make Cloud City from Star Wars with everyone in jet-packs. People could fall all the way to the ground shooting at each other or jet-packing. Think about it.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to glitch out of forge world and into space.:D

It's nice to want things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom