• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Co-op Campaign Matchmaking is really fun when you get a good group. Nothing better then finding cool randoms.

HALO CONSTRUCTION CREW TIME BABY

6qdsp0.jpg

ALL ROADS CLOSED WHILE WORK IS UNDERWAY. WE WILL USE FORCE TO REMOVE THOSE WHO DON'T COMPLY.

2comp0g.jpg

Doesn't matter WHAT the landscape is. If you need us, WE WILL COME, WE...WILL...BUILD

1z4bm2e.jpg

Call us at 1-800-ReachConstruction

We will REACH...

For the stars.

kdww8o.jpg

Trasher said:
Edit: I'm not much of a Firefight guy, but I'm gonna miss being able to pick up the Fuel Rod Cannons that had infinite ammo in Crashsite and Sniperfight. Made it really easy to bump up the Heavy Weapons commendation.
Yeah I'm going to play the hell out of crash site and sniper before this update comes out.

Net_Wrecker said:
Co-op Campaign Matchmaking is really fun when you get a good group. Nothing better then finding cool randoms.

HALO CONSTRUCTION CREW TIME BABY

insertimage.gif

ALL ROADS CLOSED WHILE WORK IS UNDERWAY. WE WILL USE FORCE TO REMOVE THOSE WHO DON'T COMPLY.

insertimage.gif

Doesn't matter WHAT the landscape is. If you need us, WE WILL COME, WE...WILL...BUILD

insertimage.gif

Call us at 1-800-ReachConstruction

We will REACH...

For the stars.

insertimage.gif
Holy shit :lol

Striker

Playlist Update is terrific. Bravo, Bungie.

Cliffhanger looks decent. Curious to what offerings it brings for Slayer and Objective.

Atom looks ok, though doesn't appear to be very large. That said, if it plays decently enough for BTB, the offerings the Big Team Battle playlist will have once DLC rolls out is astounding. It will have more variety than Halo 3 had in its entire lifespan.

Hemorrhage, Paradiso, Breakpoint, Tempest, Spire, Boneyard, and Atom giving players a ton of diversity among the maps, and hopefully they do adjust Boneyard and Spire a bit more with a more asymmetrical approach.

feel

GREAT update :D

Don't feel like listing specifics, so I'll just say I can't wait for everything that was talked about. :)

D-Pad

Played a bit of split-screen co-op today. After a bit of control adjustments this is better than Halo 3, in terms of level design (still in the early green stages) and weapons and enemies. I didn't make as many credits as my (better) co-op buddy did. Makes me feel weak and inferior. :(

This weeks update is music to my ears. Forged maps on the way, updated playlist and balance tweaks, so awesome. With the Forgetacular contest underway as well, I really can't wait to see how many great Forge World variants we will see in matchmaking as a result from that contest.

I was skeptical about the new Noble pack coming up. After seeing more about the maps themselves, I am really getting more excited for them. The way they will be integrated into matchmaking is wonderful, as it won't cutting anyone off from the playlists, great move Bungie.

Net_Wrecker said:
Construction fun

Me and my friends did that a while ago but instead we took it a little further...

HsN99.jpg

z0NhN.jpg

Yes, we got a forklift to the end of the level, we actually did a run through with 2 forklifts at the end but I still need to get a picture of it.

CrazedArabMan said:
Me and my friends did that a while ago but instead we took it a little further...

http://i.imgur.com/HsN99.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/z0NhN.jpg

Yes, we got a forklift to the end of the level, we actually did a run through with 2 forklifts at the end but I still need to get a picture of it.

High five. We would've probably had the other truck there as well, but the Scarabs killed it :(

Also, we lost the Forklifts in the cave :(

It's hard out there for a construction crew.

Net_Wrecker said:
High five. We would've probably had the other truck there as well, but the Scarabs killed it :(

Also, we lost the Forklifts in the cave :(

It's hard out there for a construction crew.

There are 2 forklifts in the boneyard area actually, those are the ones we switched too after our original forklift disappeared because of the scarab cutscene.

theultimo

Finally got hearts. Took long enough, but people expect the YAYYYY birthday party, not the hearts so much. I had a guy wondering WTF was happening :D I love it that there is a medal for who can kill me 7 times as well, it makes some people just go for me instead of the rest of the team.

Ecotic

Hey guys, whatever happened to the giant Hunters?

880px-HunterFirefight.jpg

Is this just an extreme case of maneuvering the camera angle to make them seem huge and awesome to hype the game up before launch, or were they cut from the final campaign (or maybe they're in Firefight, I only tried that once)? Cause I kept waiting for them forever in the campaign, thinking maybe they came in different sizes in Reach.

Splinter

Ecotic said:
Hey guys, whatever happened to the giant Hunters?

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100616134460/halo/images/thumb/2/21/HunterFirefight.jpg/880px-HunterFirefight.jpg[IMG]

Is this just an extreme case of maneuvering the camera angle to make them seem huge and awesome to hype the game up before launch, or were they cut from the final campaign (or maybe they're in Firefight, I only tried that once)? Cause I kept waiting for them forever in the campaign, thinking maybe they came in different sizes in Reach.[/QUOTE]

I think they are that big, it's just that Hunter is standing up, most of the time in the game they are hunched.

Deware80

Banned
FUCK YES!! Co-op campaign is a blast with a good group. And thank the Bungiegods for the much needed firefight update! Now all we need are the limited lives that were hinted at and were good to go.:D :D :D

This game is definitely solidifying itself as my GOTY, can't wait for Tuesday.

Particularly love soft kill zones on Asylum, SWAT Magnums, Mythic Score Attack, and adjusted flag settings (not perfect, but a nice compromise for the whole community).

But I also like how you modified the respawn zones on Boneyard and Hemorrhage. *cough*

Striker said:
Add one, or both, and remove The Cage.

Signed and stamped.
I don't think Wizard/Warlock would work very well with Reach's gameplay, but there are several half-decent Lockout remakes floating around that are more fun than The Cage.

Insaniac

Foxy Fox 39 said:

created two teleporters and had a friend falling between them till he reached terminal velocity, then I switched another receiver to shoot him through the invisible wall. He still died from the softkill barrier but he shot very far, and once he passed the invisible wall you could venture wherever you wanted in theater mode.

Insaniac said:
created two teleporters and had a friend falling between them till he reached terminal velocity, then I switched another receiver to shoot him through the invisible wall. He still died from the softkill barrier but he shot very far, and once he passed the invisible wall you could venture wherever you wanted in theater mode.

Someone should try overloading forgeworld. Maybe that would get rid of the soft kill barrier.

Spike6663 said:
Office of Not Dying

Complete ONI on Legendary without dying.

Any tips for this?
Go slowly. Try and hijack a Wraith if you can, otherwise use the target designator to kill both Wraiths and save a second shot for something else (Revenant at one location, Plasma Launcher Elite at the other). Don't forget the gauss hog, and don't be afraid to hop out of it and man the gun, because the AI will never snipe with it like they should. Try and get Kat to be the gunner in general, and put a marine with a decent weapon (rocket launcher, preferably) in the passenger seat.

You can also bring the gauss hog into the ONI building by ramping it up the left part of the barricade, and then turn it loose on the pair of hunters.

But really, just go slow, and be lucky.

Of course, if you don't want to do it legit, you can sign in a guest account on a second controller and play with them, keeping yourself far back and out of harm's way.

Insaniac said:
That, or pan-cam.

theultimo

The Full list of challenges:

500cR
Blastin' and Relaxin'
Kill 50 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

400cR
Supporting Role
Earn 20 assists in Firefight Matchmaking.

4000cR
Office of Not Dying

2500cR
Heroic Demon
Kill 50 Elites in Firefight Matchmaking on Heroic or harder.

Jinjo

Spike6663 said:
Office of Not Dying

Any tips for this?

Play on Legendary to the last checkpoint before the end of the level. Die as many times as you like. Press start, save & quit. Reload save. Play final bit of the level without dying. Challenge get.

You could also try the save & quit method just when the end cutscene starts, but sometimes this doesn't work, so better safe than sorry I guess.

Lunchbox

Banned
Ajemsuhgao said:
Why? They usually give a good amount of credits, and they aren't hard or annoying. Love the Campaign challenges.
yesterdays were perfect

kill 400 on any game mode for 2000, didnt force you to play any specific thing. got 300 in multi, 100 in firefight

complete all challenges 4000

awesome 6gs

Lunchbox said:
yesterdays were perfect

kill 400 on any game mode for 2000, didnt force you to play any specific thing. got 300 in multi, 100 in firefight

complete all challenges 4000

awesome 6gs

Cry some more, and fix your avatar.

Trasher

theultimo said:
Bungie is TEARING US APART with this challenges :\
?

They are pretty damn easy every day. The firefight assist ones are the only tough ones IMO. And by tough I mean not worth your time.

Gui_PT

How the hell am I going to kill 50 elites?

And more assist challenges? Goddamn Bungle!

Edit: Do you guys want to party up and get th FF assists? I'm saving a spot for Cuban, so if there are 2 people interested in joining, let me know. We'll get those assists in 3 or 4 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom